3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community

3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/)
-   300+ Club (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/300-club-124/)
-   -   300+ And Ready to Try Again...#960 (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/300-club/89520-300-ready-try-again-960-a.html)

AmmiUK 07-19-2006 09:19 AM

300+ And Ready to Try Again...#960

WELCOME !!!

We are a group of individuals who weigh or have weighed 300+, or near there. This group was formed to provide a place for others like us to find support and hope. We are aware of the distinct problems that come with weighing over 300 lbs.

We want to invite everyone to join us in our journey.
We share laughter and tears.
We share what works for us and what doesn't.
We often use a "Topic of the Day" for discussion.

Motivational Monday
Tuesday Tips
Wednesday Wish List .. and What you are doing to obtain it.
Thankful Thursday
FUN Friday ... don't wait until you lose your weight.
Sit-up Saturdays - any physical activity
Share your Success Sunday

These are not required topics ...just ideas to share. We often find them very helpful. We also share heartaches and fears ... joys and celebrations.

We have several extra threads going on simutaneously such as Monthly Challenges, Weekly Weigh-ins, Recipes, Bios, and more. Please feel free to check them all out.

We have found this thread to be more than just a support group...
we have found it to become a home. We invite you to join us.

WELCOME!

I know you'll all agree that we are really thankful for the free services here at 3FC. The sisters offer all of this support and information with no charges to us. There are a couple of ways though that we can help out.

If you are thinking about buying anything at Amazon, why not help out 3FC at the same time? You can do this by clicking on the button for Amazon on any page in the forum, or by clicking on the button on the main 3FC page at www.3fatchicks.com . A portion of your purchase price will be given to 3FC by Amazon. It doesn't increase your price at all, but it does help out 3FC. You can use any of the Amazon.com links that you see on the site in order to help contribute to the site.

Also, BTW, in case you didn't know it, you can view the message boards "ad free" for a minimal charge. I think it's like $15 for 6 months. A very small investment to be rid of the annoying ads and make your pages load quicker.

There have been some concerns expressed by the powers that be about copyright infringement. So please, if you are directly quoting someone else or printing an article in whole or in part, please give credit where credit is due!!

teahoney 07-19-2006 09:28 AM

rkrs - I just checked out your pics. I definitely see a difference. You are doing so well.

I haven't been around ladies. There has been a serious heatwave here and with no AC in the living room, getting online wasn't working out. Thankfully, a very good friend of mine has bought an AC for me that is being delivered today and installed tomorrow. Of course, the heatwave is going to break by then but I know another one is on it's way and next time I'll be prepared.

Congrats to all of you that have lost, keep your head up to those of you who haven't, and welcome to the new ladies.

dogpal 07-19-2006 10:00 AM

Vilandra: Good for you doing all that walking. You are really doing well. I love your photos by the way. You can tell that you are loosing in your tummy area. You are a very pretty lady too!

Jillybean: Well, I certainly understand being hard to keep up with the posts but hate to see you disappear again. I sure will be happy to see you post any time you can!

Zelma: Okie dokie. I voted for you. You look beautiful. I think you should win but if you don't happen to win, please know you are number one with us!

Scorcher: Welcome to you. Looking forward to getting to know you better.

Sassy: Big Hugs to you. If you feel good about how you ate then it is all good. You are the only one that you have to please. Even if you did over eat some you can surely make up for it. It was only one day! I'm very glad thatyour dinner went well and you were treated nicely.

RKRS: Have a great op day to you too! I love your photos too. I can tell you are loosing! You are also a beatiful lady!

Tracey: Try to stay cool. So glad you have a AC coming! It has been nice here but a heat wave is starting today I hear that will reach the 100's! Very hot for Northern Idaho. I don't have AC either UGH! LOL.

Ammi, Crock, Sharon, Hpnotq, Brandnewme, Nancy, Mel, Brenda, Patty,Val, um..... all my other chickies that I'm missing, big hugs and bless you all,
Annie

AmmiUK 07-19-2006 10:01 AM

Phew it's hot!

Hello All,

I see we were very naughty and our last thread went to 42 posts :lol: I came along just in time to stop us hitting a century ;)

I can't believe how hot it is today. I went shopping earlier and the store was air conditioned. Stepping outside felt like I was stepping off a plane in some exotic hot country. Of course I am not complaining, I will enjoy the heat for as long as it lasts. We will probably have 40 wet summers to make up for this one heat wave :lol:

I am glad to say that although hubby keeps telling me I don't need to exercise because it's too hot, I want to do it. The old me would have said yeah you're right, it's too hot to exercise. But not this new me. I have a wonderful relationship with my Gazelle Rider :lol: We would miss each other if I didn't work out daily :D

Heather - well done on being able to limit yourself with the muffins. What flavours are you making and would they be suitable for somebody on WW. If so, I would love if you could share the recipe :D

Annie - 20 lbs to go and counting until you get to your first goal of 450. I can't wait to give you a huge :cheer: when you get there :hug:

Melissa - you are amazing, choosing to walk as often as you are. Remember when you couldn't walk far at all without pain, and now look at you :bravo: You should be so proud of yourself!

Jill - I never have to ask for suggestions for rewards. Annie mentioned how her wonderful husband gave her a long foot massage as a reward, and ever since then that is what I have from my hubby :D Every 24 lbs I lose (don't ask me how he got that number) he will spend half an hour rubbing cream into my feet, BLISS :) If I want other rewards before 24 lbs then I just buy a good book or a CD. No girly stuff for me either :D

Misti - so glad to hear that those 3 lbs have gone again :cheer: Don't you just HATE the scales :mad:

Scorcher - hi and :wel3fc: glad to have you aboard. I see you are in the UK. Voodoo1 (Sharon) and I are from the UK too, she is in England and I am in Wales. Well done on your weight loss so far :bravo: you sound very committed to losing the weight and I look forward to being around here to read your posts as you do it :cp:

Zelma - I found that if I click on your link, then go to the comp page and vote for you, then close the page, click on your link again etc etc I can vote as many times as I want. So far I have done 5 but when I am done here I will be going to vote loads more for you. It's not just because you are a fabulous, wonderful, kind, sweet person who has achieved so much with your weight loss and are a true inspiration to me, it's also because looking at the competition you have I still truly believe that you have made the most amazing transformation. You deserve to win and even though the magazine already have a good idea of their final 5, I hope the Internet voting will help too because I am going to vote a whole heap of times :D

Typical isn't it that the dates you would be needed in Sydney WHEN you win are dates you had planned for medical appts. I am glad you can reschedule them though but hope it won't be too long a wait before you do get to have the tests done :hug:

Sassy - if you do decide to give WW a go, any questions you have I will be happy to try to help you with them :D

So glad to hear that you had such a lovely night at your friends house and that all the worrying about meeting his wife wasn't necessary. She sounds like an amazing cook, so if you are going to become very friendly with her you may need to suggest some healthier option meals from her :lol: As for what you ate, see now if you were doing WW you could have eaten what you did and not felt guilty at all, well considering you were in your points range. The same goes for the hot dogs you bought later. You can eat them, with no guilt on WW. I think you will find in the beginning that you will opt for the lower fat meals because you can eat more and feel fuller, but as time goes on you will be happy eating say 1 or 2 slices of pizza, feel content with that amount, and happy that you ate something you love (if you like pizza that is lol)

Rkrs - um.............WOW!!!!!!!! I just looked at your progress pics and I was so impressed. You look so amazing, and I just hope when I have lost as much as you it will look just as noticable. Well done!! :cp:

Tracey - sorry that the heatwave has been effecting you so much, you will have to give your friend a big :hug: from all of us here for buying you an air conditioner. Now you will be able to post online regardless of the weather :D

Sharon, Kayley, Crock, Julee, Brenda, Nancy, MariaLucia, Angie, Alison, Luan, Jess, Juliet, Amber, and everybody else I haven't mentioned, have a great day :wave:

Bye for now,

Hugs,

Ammi :grouphug:

Vilandra485 07-19-2006 10:47 AM

Dogpal - Thank you so much for all the compliments! My DH and inlaws keep saying the tummy area is showing my losses, too....and so does my measuring tape - I've lost around 3" off it! :) And TY for the pretty comment :^: Instead of taking it with a grain of salt, I will just take it, lol! :D ;)

Ammi - I remember when I couldn't walk that far - I remember just weeks ago I was on here with a NSV that I walked 10 minutes straight....now I'm here saying 40-60 minutes straight! :o It's awesome to see the non-scale changes while losing weight. :) Now just for those inches.... :devil:

Zelma - I voted for you muliple times, lol, it seemed to accept it every time...I think I got to around 5 votes before my dinner was ready. :)

Morning Ladies - Doing fine here...except for that my throat pain is back!!! I didn't bother going back after those 10 days cause I wasn't having pain around the weekend...but it's back!! :( I guess I will have to go back to the DR....no fun. Just 4 days until my table!!! And just 2 days until Sea Calvalcade starts - including the fireworks! It was so fun last year!! :) I've noticed that the days I do my long walks on, I get soooo hungry later at night, after dinner, and it's getting hard to stay under my calorie limit...whereas normally I'm 50-200 calories under....I just don't know if I should forbid myself for eating when I am genuinely hungry (not bored, stressed, etc) when it would make me go over my limit. Anywho, I'm currently in the midst of painting some rocks over the last few days...yes, rocks, lol, I needed paperweights for my table so I decided to get some nice sized rocks and paint them green with white dots, hehehe, they look really cute! They look like they could be made into frogs...I wish I could do that, lol. :) Well, I'm off to preview a few new photos I took on the computer. :)
Have a good one everybody, and stay OP chickies!!

Melissa

Heather 07-19-2006 10:59 AM

Misti – I’m so glad you took what I said well! Sometimes it’s so hard to convey the right tone over these forums! And I’m glad you’re back in a good place with those pesky pounds GONE!

Zelma – I voted (for you)! But I think even if I didn’t know you, you’d deserve to win!

Scorcher – WELCOME! If you’re interested, you can join our exercise thread (everyone is welcome!). We set the number of minutes we want to exercise each month and then report them. Even more fun, we track the groups minutes each month and are currently working on a challenge to exercise 100,000 minutes this year – and are already more than ¾ of the way there!

Sassy Chick – Don’t think of whether you failed or succeeded last night… I would say look at the behaviors you want to change and think of ways to do better in the future. See it as a learning experience. For instance, in that situation, I would have taken snacks with me to eat in the car so that I had something healthy before I went in and was less hungry. But I didn’t get that right the first time I went out to eat like that.

As another member has said, focus on progress, not perfection!

Ammi – So far I have only made a blueberry bran muffin. I would think it would be good on WW – each muffin is around 80 calories! But I made it with splenda, which it turns out I don’t like so well.. next time I’ll put in sugar. The link is here (http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/show...&postcount=10), it’s one of Meg’s recipes.
I hope to try some other flavors. I’d like to do something with pumpkin! Anyone have any good, low cal/low fat/high protein or fiber muffin recipes??

Rkrs – You are looking great!! Keep taking pictures and you will see even more changes! I could see it first in my face, and I definitely see it in yours!

rkrs6673 07-19-2006 02:05 PM

Dogpal, Tracey, Ammi, and Wyllen... Thank you for your kind words about my photo. It means a lot to me! Me and the camera aren't good friends. These are the only pictures I have of myself period. I keep telling my husband that we will take a family photo when I shed more weight :) I always find some reason to put it off. We got married at Justice of The Piece nine years ago so I don't have any wedding photos. We will be getting remarried this year in Hawaii in June so I am doing my best to try and fit into a wedding dress. Not to mention that my sister is getting married in March and I will be in her wedding so now I have extra motivation to be a healthier me.

Melissa-you are doing great and your photos are really showing a change! Also you are very creative :) I wish I had that in me. I am sure your photos and booth will do great.

Heather 07-19-2006 04:01 PM

Sassy -- It sounds like you ate all your food for the day over a few hours (might be wrong about that).

I don't know if you're aware of the reasons for eating your food over the course of a day, rather than all at once. There seem to be a lot of benefits: it can help keep your metabolism going so you burn more calories and if you dont' get as hungry, you may be less likely to binge.

And I don't know if you did poorly or not! To repeat: I just asked you if you felt there was anything you could do to improve (since you didn't seem happy with how you'd done).

Good luck and keep posting!

nelie 07-19-2006 04:17 PM

Sorry if I bud in here (I don't usually post in this thread)

Sassy - It is really a learning process and you did ask for others to review what you ate. I'd second what wyllenn said about spreading your meals out so that you keep your metabolism up and also don't eat all your calories within a few hours to feel hungry a few hours later. You also didn't mention what you had to drink, which is something to take into consideration if there was alcohol or soda or what not. My question would be, where are your vegetables? Vegetables help fill you up as well. What you eat is your choice but it does look like you are asking for guidance and this site is full of plenty of guidance :) Weight loss is a process and part of the process is modifying and changing your exercise and eating habits so that they work for you.

rkrs - I checked out your pics and that is suge a huge improvement. You also look a lot happier beyond the weight you have lost. Good job.

idril_telrunya 07-19-2006 04:47 PM

Well hello everyone!! I have been MIA...I have felt very anti-social and not wanting to chat. But I have kept up with everyone!
Ammi-You are freaking AMAZING GIRL! I look at you and go DAYAM! When I first started lurking around was right before you changed your meds. You have made such a 180. It is such an inspiration. Can you pass some of your motivatoin this way. ;)
Wyllenn-WHOOHOO!!! ONDERLAND! :carrot: :carrot: I can not WAIT for the day that I can say that. Watching you is making me realize that I can do it too, so thank you.
Zelma-Your transformation is amazing! I voted for you and I plan on voting some more. You completely deserve to win.

So what have I been up too? Oh not a whole lot. Just working. It has been really too hot to be online. It has been over a hundred degrees for over a week!! :fr: Today it is only supposed to get to 96. Such gross weather. We don't have refridgerated air...we have a swamp cooler which doesn't work when the humidity gets above 30% and it has been over 30%. I have been sweating my buns off!! I have just been sitting in front of the tower fans we have, if I am sitting at home. It is also TOM and I have been retaining water like it is going out of style! It is driving me NUTS! My feet and ankles are all swollen...so right now I have Cankles! :dizzy: Which is so attractive. :p But I have had both SV's and NSV's since I have been here. I lost 4 lbs! (Which is back in the form of WATER!! :mad:) And I went to Old Navy the other day and bought me some new tank tops in a smaller size!! Instead of XXL I fit in the XL!! And I fit into their pants! :dance: It was really exciting!
It looks like I am not going to Michigan now. The guy I was going to go meet is being a jerk and I am not going to put up with it. I have been a doormat for way to long and being in this process of losing weight has taught me that I deserve more. So instead I am going camping with my family. And by family I mean my WHOLE family. Aunts, Uncles and Cousins. Every year we go up into Idaho to a place called Conet Creek. It is in the Tetons, so it is eastern Idaho...next to the Wyoming boarder and it is BEAUTIFUL! We go for a week and are in the middle of nowhere. No people, no cars, no phones, nothing just nature. The nearest town is Ashton, and Driggs is nearby too but the are both about 45 minutes way. I love it. I was kind of bummed that I was going to miss it, but not now!! We are going the first full week of August so just over two weeks. I can not wait! I will make sure and take pictures. Alright I think I have rambled long enough. I need to go take a shower and get ready for work! :grouphug:

NotTheCheat 07-19-2006 04:59 PM

Sassy - I am with Wyllen on feeling like when I have an eating experience which I wasn't thrilled with, I try to think how it could be different next time. I try to never beat myself up over past behavior but to figure out my patterns and understand how to improve. Probably my most dangerous time is when I am really hungry. I can get super impatient and can eat things that weren't my top choice, or I can more easily fall into my binge eating habits. So I work to never let myself get to the point of being that hungry without something lined up. I always try to have a Luna bar on me. They taste great and have lots of protein and fiber and vitamins.

Melissa - On the question of going hungry, that is really a personal thing. If I am truly hungry I eat, because as I mentioned to Sassy, I know that for myself one of my most dangerous times is when I am really hungry. I think it is better to eat something on plan (even if I go over a bit in calories) than to get really hungry and have a harder time fighting a binge. Also, I feel like I am trying to build a more trusting relationship with my body. If it is telling me it is hungry, I want to respond to that in order to build that relationship. I want to learn how to recognize when I am truly hungry, and I feel like responding well to the signals will make them stronger over time and I will more easily be able to just eat from my real hunger signals.

rkrs - What a big diffrence in your pictures! Wow!

There was a lot more I wanted to say, but again I am out of time. I was totally exhausted last night and didn't get a chance to log in. However I did do some grocery shopping and cook a bunch of chicken and eggplant for my lunches. I am really enjoying bringing my lunch now. My next challenge - eating breakfast at home instead of a Luna bar in the car.

AmmiUK 07-19-2006 05:03 PM

Melissa - yes that is the post I remember too, the one about walking 10 minutes straight. It's amazing how far you have come in such a short space of time :bravo:

You said that after walking you always feel really hungry, have you got a selection of low fat snacks that you could eat, something like dried fruit, or even fresh fruit, or some crackers? If you can allow some calories especially for those after walking snacks you will be less tempted to eat something naughty.

I love the sound of the rocks you painted as paper weights, I can just picture how cute they are.

Heather - thanks for the link to the muffin recipe, there sure doesn't seem to be many cals in them, it's just the fat content I have to figure out and then I will know if I can make them. I want to find a snack I can bake that the whole family will like rather than buying biscuits for the kids etc. I remember when I was in Vegas, we were having breakfast which was supplied to us on a coach trip to the Grand Canyon, and it was the biggest, most delicious, chocolate muffin. Now that was my kind of breakfast, at least it was back then lol, not any more. I have never had such a delicious muffin though :D

Rkrs - I hear you on the camera not being your friend. I was always the same until I met Daren. I wanted pics of us together so allowed photos to be taken on special occasions. But now I tend to have a lot more photos taken because I am feeling so good that I am dieting and can consider any photos taken now as progress photos :D I am so glad you shared your pics with us and I have to say that it wasn't kindness that made me make the comments I did, it's the truth, pure and simple :)

Sassy - I sent you a PM :hug:

Nelie - hi? How come you don't post here, you would be more than welcome you know :D The more the merrier. You have lost an amazing amount of weight, I bet you are feeling great :D

Idril - I LOVE your new avatar photo, it's priceless :D So you have been lurking since just before I changed my meds, you are right, it's really made me do a complete about face when it comes to my diet since I changed my meds. Thanks for the compliments, and believe me any motivation you want I will happily send it to you. I am full of motivation and will power, that and the fact that I have all the support from the wonderful people here is, I am sure, why this diet is going so well this time around :D

:bravo: on losing 4 lbs :cheer: :cp: :cb: :carrot: it's wonderful to see the numbers go down, but it's even better to have NSVs like buying smaller clothes like you did recently. Well done.

Sorry that it's so hot where you are, It's not quite so hot here, but still in the 90s. I don't mind it in the day time, but at night when I can't sleep that's when I can't stand the heat. I miss cuddling up to my hubby, at least in the winter there can be plenty of cuddling :)

So sorry that your trip to Michigan to meet that guy has fallen through. It's definitely his loss. You are going to have that wonderful holiday with your family. It sounds ideal, though I think I might just miss my PC and access to 3FC if it were me :lol: Sad aren't I :dizzy: Anyway I hope you have a brilliant time.

Nancy - :wave: Sorry you were so exhausted last night, I missed seeing you post, but am glad you managed to pop on today :hug:

Ok gotta go, but I'll be back after a bit of game playing :lol: Bye for now,

Hugs,

Ammi :grouphug:

sweetbaby 07-19-2006 05:33 PM

You guys are GREAT!!! You know I think it is great how you all can be so kind and just open your arms to everyone!! You do not find that this day in age!! This board is truely special. I thank you all!!

dolfingirl2000 07-19-2006 05:53 PM

Just a quick hello. I also wanted to say that I voted for Zelma and they wouldn't accept a 2nd vote from me. :( I'll try again later.

Vicki

NotTheCheat 07-19-2006 06:04 PM

Oh - I have voted for Zelma three times now. For me, I needed to close all of my browser windows and then open it fresh and it let me vote again.