Closed Thread

Old 06-05-2006, 12:10 PM   #31  
MTM

Hi can't! Welcome!! This is a great group of women for support.

You're right about the fact that losing the weight isn't the answer to feeling better about ourselves. I too lost a lot of weight years ago, but over the years let it all come back. I had a lot of health issues, plus I sank into a pretty nasty depression (and I'm not one really to get depressed). Then my mom died last year and I think she was the one that got me to get off my arse and start taking care of myself!! Luckily I found this group again, got my head together and am really feeling better than I have in a long long time.

I do try to keep my carbs low because it just makes me feel so much better. I'm also intrigued by the GI diet. If you find out anything, please let me know. I do have a book, The Insulin-Resistance Diet : How to Turn Off Your Body's Fat-Making Machine, that I think helps understand the GI diet a little better.

If you need any help, any of us here would be happy to help, I'm sure!!

Charlotte
Old 06-05-2006, 01:26 PM   #32  
Beam me up Scotty!

S/C/G: 310/218/140

Height: 5'6"

Thanks for the welcome ladies!

Sue, I'm studying human resources, love the aspects of training and development. Yes, I know the Apple "campus" as it's known, I actually work right around the corner.

I had to laugh at your "If I'm not skinny by tomorrow, I'm going to eat a CAKE" school of weight management" comment...Been there done that.

Charlotte, I will certainly pass along any info I get on the GI. Can we put up links on here? and is there anywhere on the board that already deals with it?

Well, today is a day off for me. It's summer so no school right now. I'm wrapped up in one my favorite past times right now, reading fantasy. It's off to Anne Rice's Vampire Chronicles for the second time.

Everyone have a great day.

Karen
Old 06-05-2006, 06:52 PM   #33  

S/C/G: 278/267.2/180

Height: 5'7"

Stop! Do not post here! Join us on the next volume thread!
Closed Thread