Closed Thread

Old 06-01-2006, 11:30 AM   #16  

Dogpal that elusive number 30 is drivng me crazy. i am proud of my 29 but i want that 30 pound number now! time will tell.. at least i lost that pesky pound again!
Old 06-01-2006, 11:36 AM   #17  

S/C/G: 329/tracker/168

Height: 5'6"

Crock - I got the photo of Kim, but the film wouldn't open. I didn't have the programme needed to open it apparently. It's a shame because I bet Austin looked a real cutie dancing. I bet you will be getting plenty of exercise while you look after him for the next day or two, your friends are lucky to have such a good friend willing to help them out.

Nancy - woohoo, 6 lbs lost that is absolutley awesome. See I told you you would make your birthday goal Plus you have lost over 50 lbs, I know what you mean about it making it seem more like a serious diet this time because you have done so well. I am so happy for you. I will feel like that when I get to 31 lbs lost because that will be the most I have lost ever without putting it back on again!

Just 3 more little bitty lbs and you will be out of the 300s forever!!!

Thinthinker - oh ok I will check out the second link as soon as I am done here. I just spent 3 hours writing a mega long email, as I do, and just as I clicked send, my email programme froze and I lost the whole thing. I definitely could do with a laugh to get my mind of having to retype it all again tomorrow

Annie - well done on losing another 3 lbs I know you wanted to round off your curves loss to 30 lbs, but 1 lb off is nothing, it's one trip to the loo I am so proud of all you have achieved and I think you need to be proud too

Sharon - oh that sucks that it's raining there. It's lovely here today, though knowing my luck it will rain on the weekend when Daren is meant to be doing the lawn. Didn't go out today, but might go somewhere on Saturday.

Hope you get to exercise on the bike today, it was definitely a good buy wasn't it.

Patti - yay, you got rid of that pesky lb, although you were very naughty weighing a day early. Tomorrow you might have been surprised to see you lost that pesky lb and one or two more besides. You still might see that, and then you can celebrate 30 lbs lost

Ok going to go look at that site now to cheer me up lol. Take care all,

Hugs,

Ammi
Old 06-01-2006, 11:46 AM   #18  
South Beach Life Style

Ammi Real time or Quicken will run it,, do you have widows media player?
Old 06-01-2006, 12:17 PM   #19  

Crock - I have windows media player. I clicked on open attachment and just got the message that windows doesn't have the programme needed to open the attachment. I don't use real time because for some reason it always seems to make my pc run really slow. And I haven't heard of Quicken.
Old 06-01-2006, 01:35 PM   #20  
Nancy

S/C/G: 353/T/168

Height: 5'3"

It's not Quicken - that's a personal finance software. What you are looking for is QuickTime: http://www.apple.com/quicktime/win.html

I am finishing my other post but thought I would just sneak that in.
Old 06-01-2006, 01:41 PM   #21  
South Beach Life Style

Thanks Nancy..
Old 06-01-2006, 01:52 PM   #22  
Nancy

S/C/G: 353/T/168

Height: 5'3"

Xena – Way to go on not eating the cake. It was great you had a partner in crime to help.

Ammi – I did make it to the gym that day, although I made sure I wasn’t going to leak by doubling up and wearing both shorts and my regular workout clothes. My period has always been really heavy, but with the fibroid it has just gotten worse over the past few years. I know it is a bit weird, but if her period is really bad Caleigh might want to try going on the pill – it really helped me as it made my periods much more manageable. However there is something strange about putting a teenager on the pill so it might be best to wait until she is older. You don’t want her thinking it is some kind of license to have sex too young!

Mel – Congrats on finding a nice dress and in a smaller size! We would love to see pics if you want to share.

Julee – Good for you for taking a mental health day! Sorry to hear the roommate still hasn’t left. Is there any way to force her out?

Luan – Unfortunately Tasha hasn’t been around for awhile. She misread a comment and felt hasn’t been back since. I do hope she is doing well wherever she is.

Annie – Another 3 pounds is great! Definitely don’t feel bad about missing that goal by 1 pound. That is great about the shoes too! I recently found some stuff I had put away because it was too nice to part with but wouldn’t fit. I am hoping to get into some of it soon.

Sharon – Unfortunately, you did not misread. The procedure I am having cuts off the blood flow to the fibroid by inserting tiny plastic pellets into the veins that feed it, but it doesn’t actually remove the thing. I have to then wait for it to die from lack of blood and then once it is dead it will fall out. It falls out because it is actually located within the uterine lining, so it falls out rather then being absorbed. This is why when I first heard about the procedure I wasn’t too keen on it, but since it is my only option other than a hysterectomy I will definitely try it. There is a small % of women it doesn’t work for because the fibroid finds another blood supply. Here’s hoping that doesn’t happen with me! My birthday is on July 15th, so it is a month and a half away. Unfortunately my BF is rarely around right now because he is working so much, but that is OK as he is getting lots of overtime.

Crock – Home come only Ammi gets to see the pics?

Patti
– I am sure that one pound will come off and then some! Unfortunately sometime our bodies have different senses of time then we do and it takes them awhile to catch up!

It ha been another hectic day at work, but I am sneaking this into my lunchtime. I need to run to the bank and get some more entries in – month end is always busy.
Old 06-01-2006, 02:11 PM   #23  

OOOOkkkayy! I had a post! I posted a nice, long post! But it's not here! Darn it all!

I'm alive and well and overworked! Sorry. I don't have time to do another post today!
Old 06-01-2006, 04:14 PM   #24  

S/C/G: 357/see tracker/150

Height: 5'2"

Hi Everybody~~

Now don't fall over from shock because it really is me making a fly by post. Hopefully I can sneak a few personal remarks in too.

I'm doing pretty good with my diet but my exercising has been a no go for the most part recently--although I did get back to the gym yesterday for 90 minutes and today for 60 minutes so that's good. I've been hovering in the 235-236 lb. range for a couple of weeks now but I'm actually feeling stronger about exercising and I think that I'm going to break through this plateau this month. I'm changing up my workout routine by adding some free weights and coming off of the treadmill and getting on that dreaded elliptical machine. We started that today and I did one mile in 15 minutes. I was so hot and sweaty afterwards but I feel good. So wish me luck.

I changed my avatar picture to one of myself and I don't really like that picture all that much. It was the best one that I had though so I posted it. I really have to post some pictures in the picture thread, but I'm so freaking lazy about it that I just haven't done it yet.

Ammi--as always your posts are a ray of sunshine. I am so proud of you for how well you're doing. Keep up the good work. What is it? Only 3 lbs. to go until you're in Two-Ville? I don't remember right now because I can't see that part of your post.

Annie-- I am so, so, so, so proud and happy for you! I can't wait to find out about your inches lost. You, my dear dogpal, are truly an inspiration to all of us. It's so hard to lose weight but it's harder to find the courage to go out and try to do something about it when you're bigger. I just read about what you are doing and I feel like I too can take on the world. Keep it up because you can--and you WILL--be at your goal weight someday. I just know you will.

Zelma--how are you doing? I hope that everything is okay. The last time I posted I had to leave just as I was starting to talk to you. I meant to come back later on, but life gets in the way sometimes. I hope that school is going better and that the skin cancer is not going to come back. I honestly cannot think of how to word that . Either way, I hope you're doing well and can't wait to hear how you're doing.

Lilion--I hate it when that happens to a post. I'm glad to hear that you're still alive and kicking. Hope your day gets better.

Go Nancy, go Nancy, go Nancy, GO! 6 lbs?! You rock girl. I am so happy for you.

I understand about how you feel when you talk about losing over 50 lbs. It IS surreal, isn't it? I know that when I reach every "big" number I feel like I can do anything. I've been stuck at this -122 for a couple of weeks now and I can't wait to get to -125. It's almost like that 5 lb. increment means more or something, doesn't it? Of course it doesn't, but in my mind it's bigger.

I was talking to a girl at the gym yesterday and I told her that I'd lost 122 lbs. and she said--"That's me." I was so freaked and amazed by that. I've lost a whole adult from my body. (Now if I could just lose my belly I'd be really ecstatic ). Keep it up. I love reading your posts and I'm rooting for your success.

TFFY--sorry, but I don't know your real name Don't rush losing that 1 lb. You're on the right track and it will happen. Good job on losing 29 lbs. so far. That's an accomplishment in itself. Keep it up. Maybe Ammi is right and by tomorrow you will have lost that pesky pound.

Sharon--I absolutely love and hate when my bf goes to work late. I love it because I don't spend as much time with him as I could because of work and I hate it because he totally messes up my whole schedule. I feel bad if I have to do even "little" chores like the dishes when he's at home in the mornings. And if he's home I feel guilty leaving him and going to the gym--which is probably one reason why I haven't been going lately. I just thought of that.

Sorry guys--I have to go--the man is home. Talk to you later.

Vicki
Old 06-01-2006, 04:24 PM   #25  

thanks vicky for the support... by the way my real name is patti. i just get so frustrated when the scales dont budge, its like i have hit a brick wall!
Old 06-01-2006, 05:20 PM   #26  

Nancy - thanks for letting me know it's Quick time, I do have that, but my PC still says it can't open the file. Maybe the file got corrupted somehow between Crocks pc and mine ???

Thanks for the tip about possibly getting Caleigh put on the pill. I actually have taken her to the doctors about how heavy her period is and they just keep saying to give it time to settle down, and if she is still having problems by the time she is 16 to go back again. It's got to be something to do with the fact that 16 is the legal aid you can have sex. Funnily enough Caleigh doesn't have any interest in boys or sex right now, whereas Beth has a boyfriend and is always on about it being unfair that she has to wait til 16 to have sex

The procedure you are having soon does sound pretty gruesome when it comes to waiting for the fibroid to die and come out. Do you have to fish it out of the loo and take it to the doctors when it comes out? After I had Beth I was told that if any blood clots came out when I went to the toilet that I had to fish them out and keep them for the midwife to see. That was not fun at all, lol. Anyway I hope that everything will go well with the procedure and that that nasty fibroid won't find a new blood supply!

Lilion - doesn't it just suck so much when you lose a long post? Today I spent ages writing an email only to lose it all before I could hit send. Now THAT was really depressing. I sure can understand you not wanting to re-write the post you had done!!

Vicki - I love seeing you in your avatar photo. It's wonderful to put a face to you You said it's not that recent a photo, is your hair still the same?

Oh I wish I had only 3 lbs to go to get in the 200s. I actually have 8 more to go until I am 299 lbs. I hope it will be down to 6 when I weigh on Monday

Thank you for your kind words about me being on track again. I feel so much better about dieting this time than I ever have, which is one of the reasons I am sure that this time I am going to get to my goal.

I am sorry that you are still in that plateau and I hope that by changing your exercise as you are planning to do that it will smash through that plateau and you will see the lbs flying off again

Patti - Even though you aren't seeing the lbs come off like you want them to, I bet you are getting so toned from all the exercising you are doing. Are you taking your measurements to see how much they are changing over the weeks? I measured my thighs, tops of my arms, bust, waist, hips and around the widest part of my legs. I did that when I started my diet, and today when I did it again, all in I have lost 17 ". I can't see any difference yet, but it's nice to see the figures showing that there is a loss albeit small.

Ok I am going to watch Bones now, but I will be back on later. Bye for now,

Hugs,

Ammi
Old 06-01-2006, 05:56 PM   #27  

Ammi no i dont take my measurements i know i should but right now i am just focusing on the pounds ! i know i have lost some inches thoug cuz my pants either fit better or in one case are way too baggy to wear in public now!
Old 06-01-2006, 06:43 PM   #28  
I ate it

S/C/G: 312/cw/140

Height: 5'4"

For those who asked...

There has been no response to the letter. Either she didn't get it...or she did and just doesn't care. Jason has spoken to her husband and he has not given any indication that she got it. She has not taken me off as a friend on MySpace...but her husband did. I am just at a loss, but I have washed my hands of it all.

Roommate...we cannot force her out because she is on the lease. If we decide to leave she will be forced out. She asked Jason about my apartment the other day (I had once offered to let her look at it). The problem there is that when I move out the rent will go up $150 (like it did on the unit next door that is now vacant). I asked my landlord for an application for that unit which I will give to her. But there are too many logicstical complications in her taking my apartment. I don't know if I can transfer the lease to her name. I would be wiling to transfer the utilities though...which could help. BUT...when she moves out we want to have the carpets replaced or cleaned (they are 10 years old and ratty), have her room painted and have the entire place cleaned. My place will also need to be cleaned and painted as well...unless she is willing to take it "as is". But we cannot move the same weekend. We would want her to find a different place to stay for probably 2 weeks. On the other hand she doesn't have much stuff and has family in town...where as I have a full apartment of stuff and no place else to go.

UGH. I am going to go back to CraigsList again and pull some more listings for her and see if they are helpful at all.

I'm heading home. My friend cancelled on me AGAIN for coffee...always an excuse. It's getting old. It's certainly getting to the point where I am tired of asking her to do stuff.

I'm off to the mall to return the shirt I bought Jason yesterday...too big on him. I hope they have it in a smaller size. I got it at the GAP by him so I'll try the one by me.

Adieu.
Old 06-01-2006, 06:50 PM   #29  

S/C/G: 510/see tracker/160

Height: 5' 9 1/2"

Sharon: I still get to go to Curves to work out but the 6 week diet program is over. I do have the book and I am plannig on continuing with that. It is similare to any other low carb type diet I guess. I get to have quite a few carbs but not tons. I am on phase II right now and plan on staying on phase II until I reach a place where I can't loose. Then I will go to Phase I again for a couple of days or Phase III. About you loosing about 1/2 as much weight as me, remember, I am about 2 X's your weight too. That makes a difference I think. Hugs.

Patti: We will get to our 30 pound mark and then some I'm sure of it. We just have to be patient! So sorry it is bumming you. Big hugs.

Nancy: I hope that your procedure or surgery goes so well that most of your recovering time is a pleasure to you to be away from that job of yours for a while. Hugs

Lilion: Ugh! I hate it when that happens. Hello to you anyway!

Dolphingirl: You are so pretty. I love the Avitar. Thank you so much for your kind words. I love it when you post. I have been wondering where you are.

Ammi: You sweetie pie you. Thank you for all the encouraging that you do.

I still haven't gone to my final Curves diet class today. I got finished with errands a bit early so thought I would stop in. Can't let too many posts go by without responding. Don't want to get too far behind ya know.

Blessings to you all,
Annie
Old 06-01-2006, 06:59 PM   #30  
Oooo Silly Me!

Hey Ladies!!

Thinthinker – Ahh yes I understand. And we were enjoying the backyard, the pool too! But now we are going to put in a deck and a patio in the back corners of the yard, so we’re once again doing more yardwork. Definitely still on the go tho! I graduate this June, but am taking my credential courses. I’m taking 1 summer class, but it’s the last half of summer, so I’ll get to have somewhat of a break. Whoo!

Elaine1951 – CONGRATS on the 5.8lbs!!

Dogpal – A great NSV story to share!!! Congrats!

AmmiUK – I didn’t get on the treadmill… all the running up and down the stands at the baseball was good enough for me. I’m still feeling under the weather. My stomach is really really ticked off at me for some reason. I think maybe when I took some Ibuprofen for my migraines, I took it on an empty stomach and I wonder if that messed my stomach up some? I’m having the strangest behavior with my body the last two weeks. As mentioned before… Aunt Flo was here a week ago… spotting… but last night I started spotting again… I know my body hasn’t been regular because of my weight, and I’m wondering if now that I’ve lost a bit of weight, if things are going a little haywire right now… but that still doesn’t explain my stomach… *confused look* I don’t drink a lot of pop either, I love ginger ale tho… mostly to settle my stomach… but my friend let me try her diet dr pepper berries and cream, and I became addicted. It doesn’t really taste like diet at all. I don’t like the after taste I get from most diet sodas.

NotTheCheat – Congrats with that 6lbs! I found the same effect as you… I was taking the pill to regulate me, but I wasn’t seeing very muh results with my weight loss. I stopped taking them and all of a sudden I’m looking like 3-5lbs a week… I’m so excited for you!!! I can’t wait til I hit the 2’s!!!!

JuleeCees – Juuuuuullleeeeee! It was I who mentioned about the Dr. Pepper Berries and Cream Cough Syrup? Hehehehe *pouts* what about Ginger Ale? I’m sorry to hear you got cancelled on for coffee… We should try to get a few people together and meet up again…

I’m still a little under the weather today… not as bad as yesterday though. I’m gonna go pick up a filing cabinet I found in the penny saver. Can never have enough filing cabinets as a teacher! It’s a huge 4 drawer Legal size filing cabinet for 30 bucks. I hope it’s in good condition! Then I go pick up my cap and gown woohoo!

Take care everyone!
Closed Thread