3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community

3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/)
-   300+ Club (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/300-club-124/)
-   -   300+ And Ready To Try Again...#911 (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/300-club/84774-300-ready-try-again-911-a.html)

mom2fivesweeties 05-19-2006 10:44 AM

GOOD MORNING GIRLS!!

Thanks so much for all the personal messages! You all are the greatest!

Today is my last day of FREEDOM! :ROFL:

Actually they are supposed to go on Tuesday for one half an hour to pick up their report cards. At nearly $3.00 per gallon for gas isn't that ridiculous to run the buses just to pick up their report card? You would think mailing them would actually be cheaper! I NEVER get my tribe up for 30 minutes - let them sleep and then we'll pick the things up later in the day!!

For those who do or have done Weight Watchers - how many points does a 300 pound person get on the points system?

I've decided to try the WW this time around - went to LAWL yesterday and they couldn't fit me in and I got aggravated - I'm going to try to get some money back from them as they changed their program mid-stream and not what I signed up for -

I'm thinking the points system on WW was 28 - 30 points for 300 pounds?? Is that correct??

Our niece is getting married tonight and we are all getting dressed up! I'll post the picture after I get someone to take all 7 (8 with Mike's girlfriend) of us!

Have a GREAT weekend!!!!

Love you guys!!

Lori :hug:

MsCrockett 05-19-2006 10:48 AM

Hey guys.

I am off to the Camp for the weekend,,A couple of my friends and I are going,, The one who lost his wife about a month or so ago also lost his brother 2 weeks after her passing, I am looking forward to spending some time with him,, He is a good guy. and the other Is my best guy friend in the world.. And yes he is married,,,BLAH.. always happens that way for me.. LOL...Take Care and I will have pics of Bears and my friends when I get back......Have a great weekend/.

mom2fivesweeties 05-19-2006 10:58 AM

HAVE FUN CROCK! YOU LOOK GREAT!!

toofatforu 05-19-2006 11:23 AM

Misti i am holding my breath with excitement! have a great time on your cruise!

AmmiUK 05-19-2006 12:03 PM

Sharon - wow 7 lbs loss so far is awesome, talk about being back on track, :cheer: :cb: :cheer: :cb: :cheer: :cb: :cheer: seems like that exercise bike is doing wonders. I am so pleased for you. I am just posting here quickly and then I have to go make tea so I am not going to be able to go on MSN this afteroon. I will miss chatting, but maybe I will catch you on the weekend.

Flady - hope your mum has a lovely birthday and that you enjoy taking her out. Any ideas where you will be going yet?

Patti - wooohoo a 3 lb loss, only 8 more and you will be 299 and officially in the 200s. That is so exciting :carrot: :cb: :carrot: I think you are going to get there pretty darn quickly too. YAY :D

Misti - I am going to post that recipe over on the recipe section, if I can figure out how to do a link for it I will come back, edit this post and add it here. If not, well I am sorry but you will have to go looking for it, lol :D

Great news about the pants, I think things that are new or just washed always feel a bit snug to begin with an then slacken throughout the day. I am happy for you that they ended up too loose if anything and that you had to tie the drawstring.

That glass museum sounds lovely, and that glass bridge will be something spectacular I bet. I wonder if you will be allowed to take photos. I hope you enjoy yourself with your niece when you go there.

Brenda - that's great that you are feeling so much better now. I am like you, when I have a cold all I want to do is eat, especially ice cream if my throat is sore, that's my excuse and I am sticking to it :lol: :D

Hope the garage sale is a success and that you raise lots of money for the fund raiser. I love garage sales and brick a brack stalls etc, nothing like a good rummage through things :D

Zelma - oh boy, I am sorry, I was having a scooby doo moment I think in my last post to you, I called you Velma. In fact I may have done it before without realising, if I have then please forgive me. I am so dull :dizzy:

Thanks for your email address, I have sent you an email and the photo and recipe so I hope they don't end up being caught up in your junk mail filter :lol:

Nothing wrong with naps, Daren is having one right now as I type. We went shopping today and it always takes it out of him. Anyway if you still want to nap once you have had the B12 shots then don't feel guilty, you are just recharging your batteries :D By the way, what are you knitting?

Lori - I started at 329 lbs and I allowed myself 32 points, but I am finding I don't eat that many, so my limit is 30 points, and I use about 28 or 29 daily, so it feels right. If you need any WW help just ask, I am getting quite the expert, and if you want a recipe for turkey shepherds pie I am going to post it on the recipe section later tonight. As I said to Misti, if I can figure out how to do it I will put a link at the bottom of this post to the recipe. I can but try :D

That's lovely that your niece is getting married tonight, I hope you will all have a wonderful time and I look forward to seeing some photos.

Crock - that is so tragic that your friend lost his brother not long after his wife, the poor man. I hope camping will help keep his mind off things. I hope you will have a wonderful time too, you aren't all going to be sharing the same tent are you, one gal, two men ooh la la :lol: What does your best guy friend think of the weight you have lost. I hope you are getting lots of compliments.

Ok I better dash now, do that recipe post then go cook. So take care all, have a great weekend and bye for now,

This is an url for the recipe pages, mine is number 99, not sure if this link will take you directly to it or just the recipe section, but it's all I can figure out :lol: :dizzy: http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/show...39#post1267039

Hugs,

Ammi :grouphug:

toofatforu 05-19-2006 12:38 PM

Ammi we all have those scooby doo moments lol!

JuleeCeeS 05-19-2006 02:58 PM

As always I have fogotten who said what...so I am going to just give a lot of random comments.see if you know which one is yours!

I love the Chihuly glasswork and have always wanted to go to the hotel in Vegas with all of hiss tuff..I think it is the Vnetian..I don't remember.

I can't find my WW book with the correct points per weight...but it is so crucial to eat your points...it is difficult at the beginning to do it, but it's what makes the program work. Going too far below your daily points will stall you. Just learn to get creative with your points.

It is SO KEY to give yourself permission now and than to fall apart, cry, have real feelings etc. Holding them in causs so much stress...not only emotionally but physically as well.

So I tried on the dress last night...it will fit fine and I am still losing inches and hopefully pounds again soon. I wrote 2 drafts of the letter to Sarah last night and am waiting for a close friend to give me some feedback before I send one. She hasn't posted much on MySpace lately..but I am wondering if she "unfriended" me...who cares.

Another friend of mine used to have a thing going with Walter the Pig....I told her about it and also told her that she cannot confront him about it. Jason's one request as to stay out of their relationship...so as long as she stays quiet to him then Jason is in the clear. I told Jason that if he inists on having him at the wedding that I am going to tell all of the single females about him and show them his picture if necessary to kep him from making a move on any of them. BAH!

I have had really good workouts at the gym the lsat 2 mornings but my right knee is hurting me...depending a lot on what I am doing. I am due to go to the doctor this summer for a 6 month check-up so I may ask for a referral on my knee then.

Aside from that all is well here. I am counting the days until June 13...then I will be done with everything at work and all will be well.

Happy Friday!

kayleystar 05-19-2006 05:25 PM

Annie – Thanks! I’m definitely TRYING! Hehe…

Zelma – I always push myself too far…although last night, I actually LISTENED to my body for once! Doubt I’ll always ‘listen’, though…when I get into the groove, I don’t wanna STOP! I can’t wait for our veggies to come up. I LOVE broccoli, and this is the first year we’ve tried to grow it. We live on about 2 acres, so it’s not a FARM or anything, but mom has her flower garden, which is pretty big, then we have the veggie garden, and another garden that has our raspberries (4 varieties) in it. We have strawberries in with the veggies, too. We have 4 blueberry bushes, and 3 pear trees. We have apple trees, but the apples aren’t the most yummy. They are good to cook with, but other than that…bleh. They were here when we moved…we’re getting some apple tress this summer, though that are good for eating. It’s so odd to think about having winter in the middle of July! Hehe

Ammi – It was very much a shock…and I couldn’t believe it, when like 3 weeks later, someone suggested we go pier jumping. I was like, “NO WAY”…and I just watched THEM jump…ugh. It can get pretty dangerous, especially if the tide comes in…usually a couple of people die every summer…but usually because of their own stupidity.

Sharon – WOW!!! :crossed: Here’s to having a wonderful “official” weigh in tomorrow!!! :)

Lady – Hope you have a GREAT weekend!!! :)

Patti – Woo hoo!!! WAY TO GO!!! :bravo:

Misti – You are just going to be so busy!!! I hope you have a WONDERFUL vacation! We’ll want photos when you get back!!!! :D

Brenda – Hope the sale goes off without a hitch! Glad to hear you aren’t sick anymore! :) You really help out a lot…that is so fantastic!

Just got done working out for about a half an hour…I’m thinking about going out and doing a little jogging…in just short little intervals…jog, walk, jog, walk…you know. :) I’m actually feeling REALLY good! And TOM came today…so I don’t know WHY I’m feeling this good! Lol…but I’m down to 292 as of this morning, again…and hopefully once TOM leaves, there’ll be a little more of a loss…I’d really like to be at 288 for my b-day, which is in TWO WEEKS. That’s only 4 more pounds…I CAN DO THIS!!!!!

Got plans this weekend to go and see my friend Amber, who got married this last week…going to go to her house, and just kinda catch up, since I haven’t really talked to her in a long time. Whole bunch of stuff went down with her and an ex a while ago, and she just sorta disappeared…but me and Andrew are going over there tomorrow. No plans Sunday, so I’m just going to plan on working out if it’s a good day…and working outside with Mom.

Next Friday, we’re going to Wisconsin to see some friends. Initially met them online, and we met once last year…well, twice, since he came here to visit us in the fall…but anyhow, Andrew is friends with him now, too, and so is my friend Ashley…so us 3 are going over the long weekend next weekend….I’m pretty excited. I have a lot of laundry to do, and a lot of packing…I always overpack! Lol…The last time they saw me, I was at 350 pounds…I really wish I could have gotten to 280 before we went, but such as life. I’m still about 60 pounds less….hopefully they’ll notice…gah.

I’m going to see about getting outside and doing that little big of jogging. I’ll be back later to add to the exercise thread! :) Hope you all have a great rest of your day! :)

toofatforu 05-19-2006 05:58 PM

way to go Kayley. keep it up with that great attitude too!

kayleystar 05-19-2006 06:42 PM

This was posted by Heather (waterchiklet) on the other thread:
Quote:

Originally Posted by waterchiklet
Ammi, Zelma, and Dogpal thanks so much for your kind words about my boy. We're crazy about him too. :love:

Ammi: :) Its kind of a let down when you lose 3 days in a row and then nuthin'. :cry: If it did work that way we'd all be skinny minis now wouldn't we. ;)

Zelma: Just had a chance to look at your before and afters, and I have to say you look :fr: incredible! Hope I can achieve what you have. So sorry to hear about your struggles lets hope you hear good news soon. :crossed: I agree with what you said about relationships and weight. I don't know how women do it when their partners aren't supportive. Its hard enough.

toofat: Congrats on your loss!

Aidan is starting to stir just in time for me to finish writing my post - what luck! That never happens.

I watched Sisterhood of the Travelling Pants last night - quite good. Tonight I think I'll watch Wedding Crashers.

Its still raining here
, hopefully the weather will lighten up tommorrow for hubby's home improvement project of fixing the siding. And myself will be watching Aidan the whole time by myself. Hubby and I have divyed it up in equal shifts since he was born so it'll be an experience. :dizzy:

Oh and I had some acorn squash for the first time tonight. I didn't cook it the healthiest way
, but it was still good. Gotta run.

dogpal 05-19-2006 06:42 PM

Ammi and Sharon: I will surprise you one day with a picture of myself on the Avitar. I just hate how I look but, I will do one some day. LOL.

Patty: Congrats on -3 Wahoo

Brenda: Good luck on the Yard sale

Lori: Have a great time at the weddings.

Kayley: Yea! being back to 292. I knew you could do it.

Valerie Oh Valerie: :hb: Happy:dance: Birthday:gift: little :balloons: cowgirl! :queen: Hope you had a great Birthday!:hug:

I have been so sleepy today. It may be the heat. I worked out after my Cures diet meeting last night. We got print outs from the computer of how much of the weight we lost is fat and our inches. I calculated it wrong. My inches lost wasn't 14.5 It was 17.5 Wahoo. My fat pounds lost is 8.5 out of 17. Last night's wiegh in doesn't go on there. I love Curves!

Blessings all,
Annie/Dogpal

AmmiUK 05-19-2006 06:53 PM

Xena - are you ok, haven't seen you here in a while and last time you were on you said you wern't feeling very well. I hope you are alright.

I finally got to see Elliott's last performance on AI tonight, and I thought he did fantastically well. Can't believe he was voted out. I was in tears when he was back in his home town and his mum and him were so emotional, and again on the results night when he was in tears again, and Paula too. I watched him sing, and then I turned it off, I couldn't bare to see him getting told he was out. Well all I can say is the sooner he releases a CD the better, I will be one of the first pre-ordering it :D So now it's down to Taylor to win it, and I really hope he does!!

Patti - scooby dooby doooooo :lol: I am glad I am not the only one to have those moments :D How did you do with the exercise today,did you get it all done?

Julee - I can't wait until you send that letter to Sarah. The sooner you have one less worry the better.

I am glad you tried on your dress, did you get all misty eyed? I know when I tried my dress on to show my sister, and another day to show my friend I was close to tears. It's such an emotional time.

Kayley - woohoo :cheer: you are on the way down the scales again, that's brilliant. I am sure you will get down to 288 before your birthday, and also that when you see your friends next week they will definitely notice that you have lost weight!

Heather - oh yes it would be WONDERFUL to weigh every day and see a loss, it sure would speed up getting to goal :D

Annie - well I must admit, I must be thick because I don't quite understand the figures re your weight loss. If you lost 8.5 lbs out of 17 as fat lbs, what was the rest? Was that fluid weight you have lost? Either way you have done brilliantly, and 17.5 inches off your body, WOW you rock!!! You are doing so well :D

Valerie - ooh you have had a birthday, :woo: thanks to Annie for reminding us. Hope you had a brilliant birthday, what did you do, what gifts did you get?

Well it's my bed time now, so everybody have a great weekend and I will be back tomorrow.

Hugs,

Ammi :grouphug:

toofatforu 05-19-2006 07:54 PM

thanks everyone for the congratulations! yes i did get all my exercise in today plus grocery shopping. it wasnt easy though my left foot is giving me fits the top of it hurts when i move . i am gonna try soaking it tonight and see if that helps.! Dont forget your Hanky Ammi when you watch AI!

Misti in Seattle 05-20-2006 01:48 AM

Hi everybody... will post more later but wanted to drop by... whew, what a day!!! Went to work early so had to get up around 4 -- so I could leave early as traffic to the airport is a nightmare on Friday evening. Plane was late... we got home at 9:30, ate dinner and are ready to crash into bed!! And I don't believe this but I walked 25,000 steps today... a new record!! Tomorrow I should go over my one million steps goal since I started keeping track in February. LOL that ought to do SOMETHING to this body! But my feet sure hurt LOL

I just love reading all your messages and I appreciate your interest in my cruise. Nah Zelma I really don't have many cute clothes as the cute stuff really is still too small... will have to change THAT but I plan to have a good time anyway!! :)

Ummm pictures... you want pictures? I'll have to think about that. I wouldn't mind posting the "now" ones so much but LOL that before one is horrendous!! :)

Don't think we can take pix at the museum but here is the link to the Bridge of Glass

http://www.chihuly.com/bridgeofglass/

More later... hugs to all!

princesspuffypants 05-20-2006 04:11 AM

HOLY MOLY!!! 9 threads behind

well, its been an off point month for me, really. ive been so crazy with work and school and being broke all the time. its a lot to deal with. i also went on vacation to Idaho, Montana and Washington. there really isnt anything that isnt deep fried to eat there... lol they even asked if i wanted deep fried hash browns. all in all it was a good vacation. my best friend graduated from college. i saw some beautiful sights. and ate myself ******ed on gravy and fried foods.. lol

right now this whole thing is a wash. im not giving up. im putting things on hold. i dont have the time or the energy to devote to paying attention right now to my points. i dont have the time to go to meetings. it sucks, but its the way it is right now.

Ammi - congrats on your 15 lb loss. im SO proud of you!!