3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community

3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/)
-   300+ Club (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/300-club-124/)
-   -   Old Hens - 40+ And Ready To Lose - Volume 60 (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/300-club/83434-old-hens-40-ready-lose-volume-60-a.html)

NoLifeWithoutHorses 05-07-2006 02:50 PM

Sneaky Lilion - slipping in a post! I'm sorry to hear your friend is having landlord problems. What a nightmare to have others control such things in your life. The real reason the landlord may want her out is to move in her own relative or something, who knows? I'm glad she has you to help guide her in it. ***Fried chicken gizzards?? I always wondered who on earth actually ate those things... not a temptation for me. Add it to the lima bean, crawfish heads & beef tongue list. *** If you have to go to the Chiropractor, I hope that he/she can fix it for you. I've only been once, and it was a Godsend to have him fix my neck that time. Regardless of how, I hope you're feeling MUCH better soon!!!

OH THIS IS TOO MUCH - The puppy was burrowing under the covers and fell off the edge of the bed where the sheets are tucked under the mattress. There's a great deal of snuffling and activity in there! No doubt the puppy will win, though.

My mother has recently moved into one of those truly and totally unBEARable gated retirement joints that tell you what you can park in your driveway and in which direction, etc., etc. She says how she'd loved to have us come visit... But we can't drive down her street, my dogs aren't allowed in the house (which they own) even for a visit and my clothes are even expressly forbidden. No children, no animals, no rust, no grass over 2.1 inches, no unweeded flower beds, no pearls after labor day, they play majong not bridge (although everyone there plays it wrong according to everyone else there), Oh yeah, and No T-shirts in public... basically, **** on Earth to my thinking. SO, for Mom's Day I got her a card and some flower seeds to put in it, with instructions to consult her Home Owners Assoc before planting the seeds, just to be sure they're approved flowers and won't offend the neighbors. I mean, hey, the shade of blue might clash with the colorblind neighbor's golf clubs.

Oh, don't worry. I'll send real flowers, too. I mean she IS my mother. Or so I'm told... I wonder if they've ever DNA tested it to be sure...

Have a lovely evening/day/weekend/week my friends!!

Lilion 05-07-2006 05:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by NoLifeWithoutHorses
My mother has recently moved into one of those truly and totally unBEARable gated retirement joints that tell you what you can park in your driveway and in which direction, etc., etc. She says how she'd loved to have us come visit... But we can't drive down her street, my dogs aren't allowed in the house (which they own) even for a visit and my clothes are even expressly forbidden. No children, no animals, no rust, no grass over 2.1 inches, no unweeded flower beds, no pearls after labor day, they play majong not bridge (although everyone there plays it wrong according to everyone else there), Oh yeah, and No T-shirts in public... basically, **** on Earth to my thinking. SO, for Mom's Day I got her a card and some flower seeds to put in it, with instructions to consult her Home Owners Assoc before planting the seeds, just to be sure they're approved flowers and won't offend the neighbors. I mean, hey, the shade of blue might clash with the colorblind neighbor's golf clubs.

I just had to ask...are you serious about the t-shirts??? How the **** do they enforce that??? Your grandkids can't come to visit you there??? Why would anyone allow that kind of control over their lives??? Two of my elderly aunts moved recently into a gated community in KC...but I'm quite sure it isn't that bad...at least, I assume so, I haven't been there myself. But I know they wouldn't move somewhere their kids couldn't bring the grandkids to. Amazing how some folks want to live their lives. :no:

NoLifeWithoutHorses 05-07-2006 06:46 PM

Yeah, that's what I said "No TEE-shirts??" She says, "well, not in public areas dear." I guess it's the Italion Stallion sweaty T's that they don't like, but yes, they're forbiddin in "public areas." When I said that it was horrible that the neighbors could regulate you that way, she answered that it was what she wanted so the guy across the street couldn't have some eyesore junker in the yard or the woman next to him couldn't let her lawn get weedy because SHE (my mother) would have to look at it. I answered yup, and your children can't come to see you because CLEARLY we would offend the neighbors. I'm JUST the sort of person they're terrified of.
She's a funny snob, my mom is, if you can take her with a big enough grain of salt. One minute she's talking about "Those Southerners" and the next she's after "Those Yankees - those snow-birds - those Northerners" coming to HER Florida. Good grief - She was born in BOSTON for pete's sake, and come to think of it all her daughters are damn Yankees, and she'd "snow-bird" in red hot heartbeat if they could afford it. ...I'd love to ride a horse down their street and leave the pile of puckies behind - heavens, at least 3 of them would pass out and the rest would gossip about the shocking indecency of it to their graves. Is there such a thing as "Be Rotten to Stupid People" Day? I vote we start one. What fun.

... I really hope no one on the list happens to live in a lovely community like this. I don't mean to offend anyone, but my dear mom, whom I really love (I just don't understand) is really a wacky old girl. She's always wanted desparately to be a social climber, but lacks the ladder.
Quote:

Amazing how some folks want to live their lives.
... I think it's amazing how some folks want to climb in the grave before it's been dug.

LesleyUK 05-07-2006 08:05 PM

HELLLOOOOOOOOO

Just a quickie to say hi to everyone, I'll wait till someone opens a new thread to do a proper post, can't believe I've missed so many posts :dizzy:

One more pound down for me last week, but hubby's birthday tomorrow so we'll be eating out, he gets to choose where to go so it'll probably be somewhere that he can get half a cow on a plate with a load of fries (he's reached his goal weight so is going to have a treat)

I've done my first late weekend in months this weekend, 10am-10pm Sat and Sun so I'm very tired so going to head off for some shut eye.

Catch up with you all soon
Big sloppy kisses for you all
XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX

Angela_aka_Alice 05-07-2006 09:26 PM

Not a very productive day yet... stayed up until 5 a.m. so i didn't get up until nearly noon. This is a real problem in the summer, my schedule gets all off. I got a little exercise in, but I haven't done anything yet about food, not really.

2Cute--Hooray... so glad to hear the hubby's doing better. Hope you are taking care of yourself through all this, too.

Thin--Gas is bad. That shouldn't be so hard to remember.

Valerie--Thanks for the supportive words. You really do seem like an optimistic and determined person. Your mother, on the other hand... have you ever been to her new place?

Lilion--Is there any chance your friend's landlord would actually be satisfied if she just took care of the piddling violations? Or does the landlord want to sell the place or have some other reason to want her out? If they just want her out, it probably won't be any fun staying, even if the landlord doesn't have a leg to stand on.

thinthinker 05-07-2006 11:53 PM

STOP!!

Don't post here. Join us on a fresh thread. Old Hen's Volume 61.