3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community

3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/)
-   300+ Club (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/300-club-124/)
-   -   300+ And Ready To Try Again...#857 (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/300-club/78836-300-ready-try-again-857-a.html)

christineu 03-14-2006 10:31 AM

300+ And Ready To Try Again...#857

WELCOME !!!

We are a group of individuals who weigh or have weighed 300+, or near there. This group was formed to provide a place for others like us to find support and hope. We are aware of the distinct problems that come with weighing over 300 lbs.

We want to invite everyone to join us in our journey.
We share laughter and tears.
We share what works for us and what doesn't.
We often use a "Topic of the Day" for discussion.
  • Motivational Monday
  • Tuesday Tips
  • Wednesday Wish List .. and What you are doing to obtain it.
  • Thankful Thursday
  • FUN Friday ... don't wait until you lose your weight.
  • Sit-up Saturdays - any physical activity
  • Share your Success Sunday
These are not required topics ...just ideas to share. We often find them very helpful. We also share heartaches and fears ... joys and celebrations.

We have several extra threads going on simutaneously such as Monthly Challenges, Weekly Weigh-ins, Recipes, Bios, and more. Please feel free to check them all out.

We have found this thread to be more than just a support group...
we have found it to become a home. We invite you to join us.

WELCOME!

I know you'll all agree that we are really thankful for the free services here at 3FC. The sisters offer all of this support and information with no charges to us. There are a couple of ways though that we can help out.

If you are thinking about buying anything at Amazon, why not help out 3FC at the same time? You can do this by clicking on the button for Amazon on any page in the forum, or by clicking on the button on the main 3FC page at www.3fatchicks.com . A portion of your purchase price will be given to 3FC by Amazon. It doesn't increase your price at all, but it does help out 3FC. You can use any of the Amazon.com links that you see on the site in order to help contribute to the site.

Also, BTW, in case you didn't know it, you can view the message boards "ad free" for a minimal charge. I think it's like $15 for 6 months. A very small investment to be rid of the annoying ads and make your pages load quicker.

There have been some concerns expressed by the powers that be about copyright infringement. So please, if you are directly quoting someone else or printing an article in whole or in part, please give credit where credit is due!!!!

MsCrockett 03-14-2006 11:05 AM

Hello everybody~~

Not a whole lot to report, still OP and still bored,,to a degree.

Kayley ~~ like the dreadfalls, Now I know what they are..I thought they were some sort of Pant...LOL.. OH I get reminded of my age, often , lately cant wait to see some more pics,, YOU are doing very well with your life change,,

Ammi~~ How the heck are ya? Thanks for noticing my loss... did you got check with your doctor about the sodium thing?

I am still looking for Jill,, anyone know what the heck is going on with her? if you are reading, Jill, I hope all is well with you.

Take Care All

voodoo1 03-14-2006 11:07 AM

Just a quickie, Zelma the moon also affects the tides and women's menstrual cycles so if you feel a bit 'odd' you know why, we are 70%+ (don't know the exact figure) water!! ;) I always feel a bit 'hyper' around the full moon, can't sleep and feel restless and oddly excited.:?:
Did my creative writing class today, the tutor liked my last story (I thought it was rubbish) found out today the folder of work has to be submitted next week!!! looks like I'll be busy on the pc for the next few days, it beats housework any day!!:p
Tasha I like your hair too, I have always had mine long, until recently when lots fell out and I had to have it shorter to disguise the fact.:o I am scared to go short as my cheeks are big and round and I hope my hair hides them!!;)
bye for now,
xxsharon:hug:

christineu 03-14-2006 11:34 AM

Thought I would get us started on another thread since we up to 32 on the last one.

I have a little bit of time to catch up before I head out to see my sleep doctor this afternoon. For those of you who are battleing the scales even though you're staying on plan, try upping your water/fluid intake for a couple days. I had gotten a little laxed with mine & wasn't getting as much as I should until a couple days ago. 64 oz just isn't enough for me- I seem to do best when I get at least 150 oz per day...and the scales proved it today with a 1 pound loss :carrot:

Melonie- Your trip to NYC sounded like- & if you can't enjoy a treat like that pizza in moderation, whats the sense?

Kayley- I hope you get your home computer fixed soon...I know I'm lost without mine anytime I have problems with it.

Lchin- I noticed you're from Lansing- I live between Lansing & GR :D Which school do you go to? I keep hoping I can get back to MSU to finish my PhD one of these days...

DogPal- I've tried out a couple of the Watkins dip mixes you gave me & they are wonderful. I love the Tomato & Basil one- I use in the Fat-free cream cheese I put on my 'pizzas' in place of tomato sauce. My stomach can't handle tomato sauce yet, so the dip mix gives me the flavor without the problems. Hopefully next weekend I'll get to try out some of the other ones too so I can decide which ones to order.

Tasha- I love the new haircut! I could never go that short with my hair- I tried it a couple times & hated it on me :( I'm due for another hair cut soon- mines shoulder length now, though for most of the past decade or so it been a lot longer.

Mindy- I'm glad you're giving losing weight on your own a good try before considering surgery. Too many people- doctors included, see WLS as a quick fix & it isn't, as you've found out from your research.

Violet- Congrats on the loss! Don't you love figuring out how much to add or substract for each scale? I just joined Curves & I think the scales at mine are set to weigh a little light- they way me the same fully dress with shoes on as I do at home with nothing but a tank top on. And I know my scales are pretty much right on with most of my doctor's offices scales- if I weigh myself fully clothed just before I leave the house I weigh exactly the same when I get to the doctors. I'm going to keep using my home scale as my main scale- I'll just use the one at Curves for the monthly weigh in & measurments there.

Nancy- I need to get my heart rate monitor back out again...I think I even know were the instructions are too ;) It is nice to have it to check, because at our size & level of fitness it can be hard to judge what is hard enough & what is too hard on our hearts. I tried getting my pedometer out again too, but it needed a new battery & WalMart only sold that particular type in a pack of 3-grrrr! For $5 I could buy a new pedometer, so now I'm waiting for one I'm suppose to get with a book from Prevention-lol.

Kirsikka- Welcome to 3FC! This is one of the best place on line for weight loss support I've ever found- especially for anyone in our weight range.

Zelma- I bet a heart rate monitor would be more accurate then the ones built into the machines. Usually when you have to grab the bar or whatever, you end up slowing down some, so that affects your heart rate too. You could probably ask your doctor about what your target heart rate should be. Also, if you visit the Ladies that Lift board here at 3FC, there are several trainers who could help you too.

Ammi- How are things going? I know you've had a rough couple of weeks with the scale. We can't let the scale get the best of us- okay?

Garnet- How did you keep track of your exercise videos when you were buying them on Ebay? I've managed to get a few duplicates in some of the lots...guess its time I start learning on to sell on Ebay instead of just buying ;) One I got a duplicate of usually goes for more then what I paid for the entire lot & the other is the set of 3 Walk Away the Pounds for Abs tapes, so they shouldn't be hard to get rid of.

I'm off so I can go jump in the shower~

LAnneCarrington 03-14-2006 12:57 PM

Wow, I just had a lot of reading to catch up on. I haven't been around in awhile--VERY busy lately!

Nice to see all of you still around, and for anyone new--WELCOME! You have indeed come to the right place.

Update on progress for the banding procedure I am supposed to have: I was tentatively scheduled for surgery March 9, but the insurance decided to get sniffy and I had to repeat pre-op tests I had done before the gastric bypass was scheduled. Anyway, when I got told that, I wanted to pull someone through the phone--it took me almost a YEAR last time to go through all that!

Long story short, it turned out not to be as bad as I originally thought it would be; I only have to repeat six tests. The cardiology test is scheduled for March 21 and the rest I need done are scheduled for early April--two of them scheduled the same day, which REALLY helps! :D So if things go well, hopefully I can get a firm date for late April/early May. I'd like to have this all done and be healed up by summer anyway.

I started on Gloria Allred's new book while wating at my appointment I had this morning, "Fight Back and Win: My Thirty-year Fight Against Injustice--and How You Can Win Your Own Battles." Ms. Allred is one of my role models of sorts, and this is also a great book so far.

Tashabella 03-14-2006 01:22 PM

Zelma ~ You would probably look cute with short hair. I know what you mean about the husband though ~ I kept asking mine if I looked like a man. I would hold my hand up to show it shorter and go back and ask him again before I made another cut. He’s fine with it, which surprised me, so I guess that’s good. I had long hair when I met him and it has gotten about an inch or more shorter throughout each of the 11 years we’ve been married. (Talk about a difference.)

Sharon ~ My cheeks are big and round too. I know what you’re talking about. P.S.: The moon also influences when pregnant women give birth, but you probably already know that.

Christine ~ Hi. Have been thinking about you. Glad to see your post.

~~~

Does anyone know of an “easy” diet? I don't mean that I want to do nothing and expect the weight to drop off. By easy, I mean not spending hours counting calories, but also not limiting yourself to either all meats or all carbs. A simple formula would be helpful. I get so frustrated with counting calories and would love to find a simpler concept to lose weight. Any ideas? (Warning ~ the first person who says "don't eat so much" gets smacked! LOL)

jillybean720 03-14-2006 01:34 PM

Whew, looks like I missed a few threads! Thanks for noticing, Crock! I often just go to my User CP and just check in on the threads I'm subscribed to, and I automatically get subscribed to every thread I post on. Well, when we change threads here so often, they only show up there is I've posted on them, so with changing to a new thread all the time, I sometimes get lost for a bit till I find may way back to the 300+ section :dizzy: But I'm back now!

Tasha, I don't have much advice. I'm a calorie counter, but I certainly don't tak hours doing it :p I usually plan my day out ahead of time and plug things into my Fitday to ge the numbers I want. I've been doing calorie cycling lately, which means not eating the same number of calories every day, but making sure your daily average calories for the whole week is where you need it to be to lose weight. By raising and lowering the calories often, it's supposed to prevent plateaus and encourage your body to burn fat instead of muscle (which is why if you research it, you'll find info on a lot of body-building sites). It works really well when I actually stick to it, which I haven't been lately :o

I'm at that point right now where I can always seem to get and then just stop. I remember the last time I had a successful dieting attempt...I got down to 264 and then just completely lost my grip on the whole thing. Right now, I'm around 270, and my body just seems happy in this little ballpark. I need to get back on track and wake my body up and get the pounds shedding again!

I ordered a strapless bra online yesterday to wear with my dress for my sister's wedding next month. It's the kind that goes all the way down to your waist, so hopefully, it'll give me some shape, too (I know, round is a shape, but it's not the shape I prefer!). I ordered it from Just My Size's website, so hopefully it will be a friendly piece of underwear ;) Their stuff is usually pretty comfortable and generously-cut.

OH, and I put in my 2-week notice at my current job yesterday. I start my new job at 9:30am on Monday, March 27--can't wait!!

ThisGirlsLosing 03-14-2006 02:29 PM

Hello dears,

Well, I've been away from the computer for a day or so and I've missed a bunch of fun! <grin> I was going to go back and try to make specific comments on what serveral people have said...but I'm at work and don't have that kindda time. Just know that I am very much enjoying getting to know y'all. :-)

I was driving home last night after work and started looking back at the past few days. You see, for me, this journey is not about losing weight (though that is a by-product) but about taking care of myself and learning to have a healthy relationship with my emotions and my body. And, during my drive, I was reviewing the past few days and giving myself praise of all my NSV's. Along with the almost 20 lbs lost in 2006 and the almost 400 minutes of working out I've done in March, the NSV's are what keeps me going.

For the sake of background: I am totally an emotional eater. Mindy, I'm with you on the "little voice." I call mine my "four year old." And, I've been working in therapy pretty steadily since 2004 to learn to deal with my binging and emotional eating. I'm happy to say all that HARD work is paying off!

So, I though I'd share with you my Non Scale Victories as of late. I'm very proud of myself. And happy to know that I'm firmly on my way to recovery.

Friday - I went shopping for a new sweater. The woman ringing up my purchases said "Oh, you are entitled to a free box of chocolates." She reached behind her for an ACTUAL box of chocolates, not a coupon, mind you, but REAL chocolates right there in her hand. I smiled politely and said, "Thanks! But I'm allergic." "Oh," she replied as she brought the box right in front of my face, "but they're free! You can give them to a friend." I smiled again and said "no thanks," paid for my purchases and walked out. I am not ashamed to say that I LIED to that clerk, I am NOT allergic to chocolates. But I sure didn't want to take the box with me and I DIDN'T!

Saturday - I went to a friend's house in the evening for "movie night." She weighs about 400 lbs and has horrible eating habits. I KNEW they were going to have only unhealthy snacks. I was planning on bringing something healthy to eat but got really busy and didn't have the time. When I got there she had a spread - literally, the creamy fat-laden kind, and three types of cheese, and two types of crackers, and soda and lots of juice - the kind that is mostly sugar. Oh yeah, and did I mention the 4-inch diameter, thick chocolate chip cookies? Yeah, she had those too! I told myself that I was not there for the food, but for the company and the movie. So, I had me a glass of water - and that's it.

Sunday - Relatioship problems. When I feel really sad and hurt and lonely, I go (or, let's say, i USED to go) for a calzone with lots of ham. I called a friend instead. Cried for about 15 minutes and then took myself to the supermarket. Bought only healthy food. Came back home and called me another friend and cried for almost an hour. Oh, I cannot begin to tell you how amazing that was - I actually let myself have my feelings instead of stuffing my face. Amazing.

Monday - Helping my boss with a proposal that HAD to be finished that day. I had all of 15 minutes to go out and get lunch. The closest place that serves food on the healthy side doesn't make sandwiches to order. They have a bunch of pre-made ones - they ALL have cheese and mayo. I picked me a turkey and avocado one and brought it back to work. I opened the sandwich up, threw out the cheese (my favorite kind too!) and the bread that had mayo on it. Opened the fridge at work, took out the whole wheat bread I keep there, and assembled a new sandwich with healthy, toasted bread and no cheese. It was yummy. :-)

So, have you had any NSV's? If so, I'd love to hear about them! :-)

Cheers!

Maria Lucia

LChin1978 03-14-2006 03:35 PM

Christine :) I go to Davenport University. I love the online classes since I've got kids. Go state! March madness! I heard they're ranked 6th now...hope they can go all the way!

LChin1978 03-14-2006 03:38 PM

Thisgrls!

WOW! Your non scale victories are HUGE!!! I am very impressed and jealous:p All those non scale victories will be leading to some awesome 'scale' victories soon! Go on!!

princesspuffypants 03-14-2006 04:29 PM

tasha - i love love LOVE weight watchers. its not really a diet, but it teaches you how to eat correctly and be accountable. its perfect for me because a big thing for me has always been not eating enough. you arent limited by what you can eat, only how much of it you can have. and i think its Julee thats on core and you can eat all you want of whats on core. you should pick up the books. but if you are in the states, i can send you some older ones that i have. and a slider to figure out points based on nutrition facts.

teahoney 03-14-2006 04:38 PM

Maria Lucia, you absolutely rock. You are my shero.

Life has been crazy the past few days. But I guess I have a small NSV to share. I had an appointment today to attend and instead of taking the bus, I walked. I checked mapquest and it was over 2 miles. Go me!

melindam 03-14-2006 05:11 PM

Tracey-Way to go on the walk!!!

Tasha- I think your hair looks great, btw!

Maria Lucia- You've had some awesome NSV's!! I'm considering therapy. I could do it now, but I know I will be moving in about two months, so I know that whatever I start here, I will have to start all over with another therapist where ever we end up. (I don't know where we are going yet.) I need a way to tame that little voice.

Well, I did my walk today, and I got my Biggest Loser DVD in the mail!! So, I'm going to go plug in my exercise time and then check out my DVD so I can do it tomorrow.

kayleystar 03-14-2006 06:09 PM

I only have time for a quick post, seeing as how they closed the lab down at the school at 6pm, so I'm down here at the public library, and not a whole lot of privacy, like I like to have...so no individual responses today. Perhaps tomorrow in the lab, I'll get around to it. :)

As for me today, I weighed in...I know I know...but I was at an even 300! I had to weigh 5 times before I'd believe it!!!! :) I'm not to the 2's yet, but I am SO CLOSE! AHHHHH! It's just been SUCH a good day because of that!!!!!

I'm going to head home here soon, and work out, among other things...I wish our computer was fixed, dang it! Maybe I'll check out some books while I'm here...

Hope you all have a great night!!! :)

NotTheCheat 03-14-2006 06:10 PM

Maria - way to go!! Stopping emotional eating is SO hard.

Little NSV from last night - I have been craving vanilla ice cream with toffee pieces for like 2 weeks now. So last night I had some extra calories left over and decided to let myself have it. I measured out the ice cream and toffee, and started to eat my little treat. About halfway through I realized I was satisfied and put the other half back in the freezer. I felt pretty good about that. Ice cream is one of my favorite foods.

It was a good day at work. I got our tax extensions done so I can relax about that until September. It is time to head to the gym so I can get home in time for American Idol. I feel like such an addict.

Jill - Did you get your healthcare from your new job sorted out?