Closed Thread

Old 02-26-2006, 08:45 PM   #1  
Michigan Old-Timer

Default 300+ And Ready To Try Again....#845

WELCOME !!!

We are a group of individuals who weigh or have weighed 300+, or near there. This group was formed to provide a place for others like us to find support and hope. We are aware of the distinct problems that come with weighing over 300 lbs.

We want to invite everyone to join us in our journey.
We share laughter and tears.
We share what works for us and what doesn't.
We often use a "Topic of the Day" for discussion.

Motivational Monday
Tuesday Tips
Wednesday Wish List .. and What you are doing to obtain it.
Thankful Thursday
FUN Friday ... don't wait until you lose your weight.
Sit-up Saturdays - any physical activity
Share your Success Sunday

These are not required topics ...just ideas to share. We often find them very helpful. We also share heartaches and fears ... joys and celebrations.

We have several extra threads going on simutaneously such as Monthly Challenges, Weekly Weigh-ins, Recipes, Bios, and more. Please feel free to check them all out.

We have found this thread to be more than just a support group...
we have found it to become a home. We invite you to join us.

WELCOME!

I know you'll all agree that we are really thankful for the free services here at 3FC. The sisters offer all of this support and information with no charges to us. There are a couple of ways though that we can help out.

If you are thinking about buying anything at Amazon, why not help out 3FC at the same time? You can do this by clicking on the button for Amazon on any page in the forum, or by clicking on the button on the main 3FC page at www.3fatchicks.com . A portion of your purchase price will be given to 3FC by Amazon. It doesn't increase your price at all, but it does help out 3FC. You can use any of the Amazon.com links that you see on the site in order to help contribute to the site.

Also, BTW, in case you didn't know it, you can view the message boards "ad free" for a minimal charge. I think it's like $15 for 6 months. A very small investment to be rid of the annoying ads and make your pages load quicker.

There have been some concerns expressed by the powers that be about copyright infringement. So please, if you are directly quoting someone else or printing an article in whole or in part, please give credit where credit is due!!!!
Old 02-26-2006, 08:59 PM   #2  

S/C/G: 510/see tracker/160

Height: 5' 9 1/2"

Good Evening all,

Tiffany: Welcome. I'm sure you will love it here. Everyone is so sweet and supportive.

Tashabella: so glad effor is helping you. Yes it does curb my appetite too. It makes me feel very full about an hour after taking it.

Wylenn: Glad you found your ring. I agree about cost does not measure up to the sentimental value.

Kayley: Please think long and hard about your relationship with Andrew. You deserve the very, very best sweetie. Don't let anyone treat you less than you deserve to be treated! Big Hug for you.

Jillybean: Love the glasses. You are such a doll! I love seeing everyone's picture too. Maybe sometime I'll do mine.

Ammi: Where are you?

Well, blessings to you all, pray for me cause I'm nervous to start my new job on Tuesday.
Dogpal
Old 02-26-2006, 10:46 PM   #3  
742,000 calories burned

S/C/G: 592/380/175

Height: 5'9"

Erin-I wrote down a list of things that can help with saggy skin from a nutrition magazine. First: clean living, I think that means don’t smoke. Avoid toxins. Eat a healthy diet. Ingest essential fatty acids, anti-oxidants, and amino acids. Regularly use skin moisturizers, and consume plenty of water. My upper body, except for the back of my upper arms has firmed up nicely. From my waist down, I look like a Sharpei. I have lost weight from the top down, and am about 3 sizes bigger on the bottom, so I’m still hoping that as I lose more down there, it will also firm up some. Just remember that skin is actually very thin. Pinch the back of your hand to see how thin skin really is. The stuff hanging off my legs isn’t just skin. It is fat that has lost its support because fat is lost sometimes like Swiss cheese. I am convinced that if I get my body fat down low enough, that it will tighten up. I’ve seen lots of pictures of POW’s and holocaust survivors. Some of them must have been overweight at the beginning, and all lost weight quickly, but their skin was stretched tightly. If all else fails, I will either wear a body stocking, or have some surgery, but I will only consider it after being at my goal weight at least a year.

Tasha-If the cleaning man knew you were going in there at a certain time, he might have mixed Clorox and Pine sol. That makes what they used to call mustard gas. I’d have an air flow test run at the very least. You never want a cleaning guy mad at you. I had one “accidentally” leave some cleaning solvent on a tile floor, after we had complained about having things missing from our desks, and I slipped in twisted my knee. And you can actually get bruised by the mammogram machine. My mom actually had a tendon or something torn by one. She’s much larger than I am, and I think she got hurt almost everytime she went.

Wyllenn-My wedding ring is also getting a tad loose, and since I’ve only been married 6 weeks, that has me weirded out. My husband’s is also loose, and he’s wearing tape on the back of it. I made them, so I haven’t got an excuse except his finger was 3500 miles away when I was carving the wax. Mine fit originally, so I have been taking them off when I do dishes or take a shower. My engagement ring is a silver claddagh that I wear on my right hand. I had to have it sized, and it cost $17. It is cheaper to have them sized down than to have them sized up since no new material has to be added. Just pick a good jeweler, not just a jewelry store. Make sure they have a jeweler on the premises so that they don’t just send your ring out. It is cheaper to avoid the middle man. I’ve had great luck with stores that have been handed down several generations, or someone who’s from the “old country.”

Dogpal-I will be praying hard for you this week. Just take it one day at a time. Don’t be afraid to ask for help if you don’t understand something, and let that self esteem fly.
Old 02-27-2006, 12:15 AM   #4  

S/C/G: 295/225/back to Onederland

Height: 5'5"

Catherine -- Thanks for the ring advice. That's exactly the kind of store we bought the rings from in the first place, and they are actually down the street, so someday I will make my way there and ask! I can't believe your rings is getting too big already!

Ammi -- I miss you too!!!!!!
Old 02-27-2006, 01:50 AM   #5  

S/C/G: 412/TICKER/175

Height: 5'5

I just want to say THANK YOU all for your wonderful advice, and thanks for caring. My day at work went about as I expected, and I felt horrible the entire day. I just couldn't stop crying at the drop of a hat. I came home, and got online to check my e-mail, and Andrew was online. He apologized, and said everything that I figured he would...but I didn't let him off the hook. We ended up talking on the phone, and I kept breaking down. We both got extremely depressed, and it hasn't shaken from me yet. I have a job interview in the morning, and honestly, I don't even feel like going anymore. I don't feel like doing anything but sleeping until I wake up. I know things will get better, and I know that when I actually SEE him, we'll probably talk this out, but right now, I'm just feeling so LOW. Sorry to complain to everyone.

Wyllenn & Catherine - That's a really neat NSV, to not have your rings fit anymore...although Catherine, how long did it take you to carve your rings out of wax? And wouldn't that melt?!?! I'm dumb sometimes...haha.

Jill - Good luck with your jobs! What if they both want to hire you?? You look really cute in your glasses, btw

Nancy - Were you able to get a good deal on your Ipod? I'm jealous! Hehe...and your glasses are way cute! (Yes, I had to go stalk your profile, and see them!)

Lilion - I probably wouldn't have been even able to keep up with that thing for 3 whole minutes. I hope you are able to adapt as the days go on...that's always how it is! The first days are hellacious, and slowly, you become awesome. Lol.

I see that Wyllenn posted the March exercise thread, so I guess I'll figure out a goal, and go post it. Hope you ladies have a nice night. Maybe things will be better in the morning. I'm tired of feeling depressed. Night.
Old 02-27-2006, 05:21 AM   #6  
Eating for two!

S/C/G: 324 highest known/on hold/150

Height: 5' 5"

Quote:
Originally Posted by kayleystar
Nancy - Were you able to get a good deal on your Ipod? I'm jealous! Hehe...and your glasses are way cute! (Yes, I had to go stalk your profile, and see them!)
hehe, so did I! I LOVE your "50s" glasses, Nancy! And I see you can pull off red red lipstick--I think it looks so great on some people (like in your picture), so I get inspired to give it a whirl, but every time I try to do it, it just looks awful

Kayley--don't apologize for complaining...it's what we're here for: to listen! I was in a similar state back in late October/November when Jeff and I had a major relationship issue. One of my bosses walked into my cubicle one day and must have been able to tell something was wrong because she was about to say something and then just stopped and said, "What's wrong?" That was all it took before I burst into tears like a 5-year old right there in the office. Luckily, she is who she is, and she brought me down to the lobby where there are these big comfy leather couches, and we sat and just talked for almost 45 minutes. Nothing was really solved, obviously, since I wasn't talking to him, but it was nice to let it out and hear someone else's take on it from a completely outside perspective. It happens to us all sometimes, so most people are very understanding because most people have been there, done that Good luck on your interview...I've got to go get ready for mine, now!
Old 02-27-2006, 06:59 AM   #7  

S/C/G: 412/TICKER/175

Height: 5'5

Good morning, ladies. My feet are feeling all the walking I did yesterday at work for sure...I got up so early, so I could come out here and work out. Would make my 7th day in a row...but I don't know if it would just be more beneficial for me to just rest today or what. I'm going to be hopping in the shower in about 45 minutes, and getting ready for my interview. My friend Susan was going to ride up there with me, but she found out that she has to be in court to be a character witness for someone she posted bond for, so Mom is going to go with me. We are going to do lunch, and check out the mall up there. We haven't really spent much time together lately, so it'll be nice. I have to leave a bit early and go to the nursing home, and get a copy of my Tuburculosis screen that I had done, as that's a requirement for this other job. The ad said that you need a year of experience, but I'm hoping that they'll accept 3 months, and the fact that I already have the TB screen, and am currently CPR certified.

Jill - I think I am over-emotional, and I really wish I wasn't like this. I hate not being in control of my feelings sometimes...

GOOD LUCK TO US!!!
Old 02-27-2006, 08:37 AM   #8  
Pending Email Confirmation

A big welcome to Tiffany, I am sure you'll make many new friends here...

Ammi, where did you go?

I finally updated my ticker!
Old 02-27-2006, 09:14 AM   #9  

S/C/G: 295/225/back to Onederland

Height: 5'5"

Kayley -- I second the idea that so shouldn't apologize for complaining -- that is part of why we come here! And as for emotional... oy!! I think I've gotten a little better as I get older, but I have been known to cry at the drop of a hat. A couple of weeks ago I just had a mini meltdown... just feeling I couldn't keep juggling all the "balls" in my life. I think that's normal sometimes...
Old 02-27-2006, 09:26 AM   #10  

Smile

Howdy Ladies!

First and foremost - Kaylee and Jilly - good luck on the interviews!

Dogpal: Good luck on the new job! We'll be thinking of you!

Erin: You'll love all these ladies - I do!

Ammi: Okay, you have us all worried! I hope it's just computer problems that keeping you away. Either that or you won a lottery and are in Bora Bora soaking up the sun and forgetting about us peasants! Write to us!

Well ladies, my DS is officialy grounded for life! I actually told him he'd be lucky if he saw sunlight again before he was 18! (Of course, then I made him do yard work - so there was plenty of sunlight to be had.) I don't know what's gotten into that kid but he just refuses to do his school work! Worse, he lies about it! He had an assignment for like 2 weeks that was due last week - he told me it was due today and then he forgot to bring it home. I found out it was late when I called another kid in his class to see if he had a copy! This is not the first time he's been grounded for this stuff! He's bright, likes school, it just don't get it. So yesterday was "this is what life is like when you have to do hard physical labor for a living" day. We washed and cleaned and vacuumed the cars, then he scrubbed his tub, sink and toilet, then he dusted, cleaned and vacuumed the living and dining rooms...then I ran out of gas and had to stop because I was doing it too. Today I'm beat...but he's gonna have more chores to do when he gets home. At least I now have a tv to put in the living room for the eliptical...his! I told him he's lost it for an unknown duration, his dad and I might as well get some use out of it.

That was my weekend. Hope others were better! Gotta run!
Old 02-27-2006, 09:54 AM   #11  
I'm bringin' SEXY back!!!

Height: 5'3 1/2

Good morning ladies. I woke up this morning feeling really good. I guess it's the just knowing that I'm getting my life back in order. I won't be able to go food shopping until Wednesday (no money) so I just have to work with whatever food is in the house until then. So although my eating can't change significantly for the next couple of days my goals for today is to drink plenty of water and to get in at least 30 minutes of exercise.

Catherine - I've been away and unfortunately was not around when you got married but I remember when you were making the dress. I just wanted to give you a big ole CONGRATS!!! Did you post pics?? I would love to see them. I just have to see this dress that you worked so hard on and get a peek at hippievanman too. I wish you all the best in your marriage.
Old 02-27-2006, 09:55 AM   #12  
South Beach Life Style

Good morning all,

This weekend,, ?? the only day I got for me was Sunday, and I never got out of my PJ's and the Reclyner,, sooooooo my day for me was just a lazy ole day, It is snowing and COLD here, Has anyone ever noticed that when they start to lose a little weight they tend to get cold quicker?,

ZeDaus~~ The Pictures I got to make the movie, Came from Granny, brother and 3 sisters,,, I have more to go,, but we all picked out the ones we wanted... I want to make one of the entire family,,, from babies to now, to grandkids to great grand kids,, so I am working on it now,It was pretty neat,,

Well. Take Care All and have a wonderful week
Old 02-27-2006, 11:03 AM   #13  
742,000 calories burned

S/C/G: 592/380/175

Height: 5'9"

Wyllenn-I am trying not to get my hopes up, I have convinced myself that my fingers have gotten skinnier because of the lower humidity here than in Florida. My high school class ring fits now, and I was 165 pounds smaller then than now. I lost weight in my hands and feet first. My fingers are long and skinny really to begin with, so I couldn’t figure out how they could get any smaller.

Kayley-I’m like an old teacher who says that there is never a stupid question, only stupid people too stubborn to ask. I was in a wheelchair for 8 years. At times, that can be quite boring for someone who is used to being active. I took up a new hobby every year to keep my mind active. One year I took a ring making class. You use a very dense wax to carve the design of the ring, and then they put that wax in this special sand that I think is volcanic, then they pour melted gold or silver into this sand mold where it melts the wax and the wax runs out the bottom leaving the gold in its place. They call it the lost wax method. I had made a ring using the gold from my deceased father’s wedding ring many years ago, and I decided to take it out and see if it would fit again. When I saw that it fit perfectly, and how pretty it was, I decided to make a matching one for my husband to be. Just plain bands for both of us would have cost around $400 just because of the size of his hand. For the same amount of money, I was able to make him a much bigger, thicker ring, matching mine. Custom rings can be very expensive. This one actually only cost me $360 because the jeweler who did the casting for me (I wasn’t about to try smelting gold in my kitchen) gave me 10% off for the right to use the design again. It took me about a week to carve it the way I wanted it, and I started over a couple of times. It’s not just that we have rings that no one else has, but he often comments about how special it feels that it is something I made. He also jokes that he could use it as brass knuckles in a pinch. They don’t match perfectly, his is a 12 ½ that my 6 ½ fits inside of, and mine is smoother because it has been worn more, and his is twice as thick, but everyone comments about how pretty and unusual they are. He and I are both quite unusual, so it only seemed apt.

Lilion-I had the same problem with my foster sons. One would do his homework, and never get around to turning it in, and the other just didn’t bother to do it. I had some pretty clean toilets that year. I also made them do push ups and sit ups. I told them they were either going to be the best behaved kids in the world, or in the best shape. I wish now that I had gotten down on the floor and done the sit ups with them. Sometimes I think that my greatest accomplishment was raising two kids who didn’t end up obese. It used to be parents considered themselves successful if their kids stayed off drugs. I was so glad that I didn’t pass my food issues on to them.

Teahoney-I will try to put some pictures up. I’m barely computer literate, so we’ll see if they come out.
Old 02-27-2006, 11:19 AM   #14  

S/C/G: 329/tracker/168

Height: 5'6"

Hello All,

Has somebody been talking I mentioned to a couple of people that I felt a little upset that I had been offline for a while and nobody seemed to notice. I have been feeling a bit low lately, hence the over sensitivity. Sorry. I wasn't posting mainly because of feeling low, and then I thought nobody cared if I did or I didn't, but today I come online, in a much better frame of mind, and I find quite a few messages asking where I am. So thank you I'm a daft apeth

Well despite being away from here for so long, there really isn't much to report. I have stayed OP, but haven't exercised until today because the kids have been off school, and I just couldn't be bothered in all honesty. It really was a bad week. At least I kept OP with my food so I am ok with that.

I have tried to keep up with posts from everybody, so although I haven't replied I know what's happening in your lives.

Take care all,

Hugs,

Ammi
Old 02-27-2006, 11:25 AM   #15  
South Beach Life Style

Hello Ammi,, Glad to see you posting, this past week was so busy for me, I have been just popping in quickly, however, I have been keeping up with posts also... Take Care, Hopefully things will chill out a bit this week,,, I am looking forward to a chat soon...
Closed Thread