Closed Thread

Old 01-31-2006, 06:02 PM   #31  
Nancy

S/C/G: 353/T/168

Height: 5'3"

Jill - I loved the recent one with technology. It was too hilarious. And yes, I have bought all of their playsets and toys.

Well, I am off to the gym and hopefully I will be able to catch up with posts tonight, but my boyfriend has been a bit depressed lately so I can't ignore him and spend time on the computer if he is feeling down. He is having a big issue with his car needing serious repairs and fighting with the insurance company over who is going to pay for it.
Old 01-31-2006, 06:11 PM   #32  

S/C/G: 329/tracker/168

Height: 5'6"

Nancy - I am sorry your boyfriend is feeling so down, and I hope that he will get the insurance people to agree to fund the repairs on his car. I understand that you need to spend time with him rather than be on here when he is feeling so low. Although this place is wonderful and we can get all the support and friendship we could ever want here, sometimes we have to remember the real world Ok so we miss replying to loads of posts, but it can't be helped. Take care,

Hugs,

Ammi
Old 01-31-2006, 06:22 PM   #33  

hello im new here i just joined yesterday i find you all so inspirational as i sit here reading im think theses people are just like me there doing it so im sure i can do this lol starting weight was 341an now a month later i am 328 i feel better but still have a long road ahead of me i just need someone to talk to to keep me motivated i have a great im gonna do this attitude i just dont have that little movation that we all need
Old 01-31-2006, 06:28 PM   #34  

mrh29 - hello and Glad to have you join us, and you are already doing so well losing 13 lbs in a month. What diet are you doing? We all have long journeys ahead of us to get to our ultimate goals, and we do motivate each other. It's an amazing group of people here I hope you post often and look forward to getting to know you.

Hugs,

Ammi
Old 01-31-2006, 06:31 PM   #35  
banned

S/C/G: 322/ticker/165

Height: 5*7

thanks for all the kind words really i think the key is that i just accecpted what i did, and moved forward

Ammi - have you tried Spray butter? or do they even have that as an option? its basically butter flavored oil but its 0 points. all the flavor, none of the guilt.

Garnet - thanks for the kind words

i havent been to the gym in a few days. im fighting a nasty cold. and its certainly winning. i was supposed to go see Ellen taped today, but i just couldnt get out of bed.
Old 01-31-2006, 07:39 PM   #36  

Luan - I didn't even know they still filmed Ellen, what a shame you didn't get to go watch it being done. I am sorry you are feeling so unwell. Give the gym a guilt free break and concentrate on making yourself better.

Thanks for the tip on the spray butter, but to be honest I kept the points purely for the butter so there was no guilt involved at all. It was delicious!!!

Hope you will feel better soon

Hugs,

Ammi
Old 01-31-2006, 07:56 PM   #37  

Hi everyone!

I see I'm going to have to take notes as I read so I can remember who to respond how to! I'm so excited for all of you making such great strides -- getting close to that 200 mark, or getting your magnet, or being down almost 100 --- so many great stories here... what an inspirational group!!

I've been doing pretty well --- we actually went out last night with a group of friends (this has been pretty much a weekly thing in the past, although the group hasn't done so since before the holidays). The routine is a particular Japanese restaurant in town for sushi and wine.... and this group really does a lot of both! But rather than a bunch of alcohol, I stuck to water -- was very proud of myself.. missed the wine, but figured it just wasn't worth it. Had some sushi and a salad.... and, even though this is about the best dressing in the world...mayo based, peanut....I didn't go there, either. SHEW... made it!

Does anyone else find they get just a bit obsessed with the scale? I'm really trying NOT to weigh myself every time I walk into the bathroom, but I find myself wanting too. But I think it's better for my psyche to not do that...

Thanks again for the welcomes -- and for being such a great group! I can feel my self-consiousness about talking about my weight slipping away already....
Old 01-31-2006, 08:03 PM   #38  

2losinit - way to go on the excellent food and drink choices when you went out. I don't know if I could be so strong!!

Here's a tip for you re your obsession with the scales, if you have a battery take it out and give it to somebody to keep until weigh in day, or if they don't have a battery give the whole scales to somebody until then. I only weigh once a month, I hate weighing, but just in case I am tempted to, my hubby hides the battery lol. Other ladies here do way every day, sometimes more than once a day and they prefer that. It all depends on how it will effect you if you see a gain even when you are being a diet angel.

Hugs,

Ammi
Old 01-31-2006, 08:22 PM   #39  

Good advice, Ammi... it's such a vicious circle, isn't it? Iwant to know... I don't want to know lol .... I'm officially weighing in once a week. I've gotten my sneak peaks to a minimum---but I still obsess about it. But--I had a day where I swear I was weighing myself every few hours (and I'm drinking SOOO much water, trust me, I'm in the bathroom very frequently lol) .. and I freaked out -- HOW CAN I HAVE GAINED A POUND IN 2 HOURS??? so.... trying for the "lesson learned--get your fat butt OFF that evil contraption"

Next step --- yanking out that battery -- good thought!
Old 01-31-2006, 08:35 PM   #40  

Thumbs up Hello! Im new here!!!

hello everyone!
Im new to the site and wanted to start a natural weight loss journey with the help and support of new friends from this site. I started trying to lose weight this month! so far I have lost 8lbs ! Well, hope to talk with you all soon

SW:308
CW:300
GW1:250
GW2:200
GW3:150!
Old 01-31-2006, 08:57 PM   #41  
determined to lose

Sheri - WTG!!! Most Excellent news! over 50 pounds is marvelous!!! new clothes even and a magnet too! What a wonderful weigh in that must have been for you!! Keep it up, you are well on your way!!!

Heather - are you sure that's a dog and not a werewolf or something prehistoric???

Nancy - Thank you for clearing that up for me about your avatar, I always stare at it trying to figure it out but I used the link and now I know. I am glad you are not the cheat!

Ammi - I hope you dont get the cold back too, it stinks to be sick so long!!

I have a lock on my door but my door does not close properly because on the inside I have 1/2 ton of fat lady dresses hanging on a hook and on the front side I have one of those over-the-door racks full of videos and dvds. He does not lay in the bed with me, he wallows in it while I am on the chair at the computer. So I am so obviously waiting for his attention as I sit here at the computer typing...ooph

I will be getting the single bed but who knows when?? My birthday gift from my parents was an IOU for $100 towards the purchase of the new bed. So I would say that it will eventually happen, sometime, maybe sooner, maybe later...maybe before we all die...who knows, could be next weekend for all I know. But probably not until everyone is well whenever that turns out to be...soon I hope!

Julee - Wow 13 pounds from 100! you ROCK!! That is so cool!! I am happy for you but I wish it was me too. Keep it up!!!!

2LosinIt - The scale can be a mean, maliscious, mistress...she will call to you at all hours under all conditions...hoping to catch you with a tad too much water in the belly or a 5 pound poo elsewhere...the scale just loves that....she lives for it. Take the battery away...she will sing her siren song and you will buy another battery, you know you will.

As long as you are not obsessively weighing yourself on friend's scales, I wouldnt worry too much...of course if you are...you may need a support group. ha ha

Trying to be funny, know it is not a laughing matter....I dont use the house scale because it is broken and wont go to zero anymore and I am holding a grudge against it because it said I broke it with my fat self...so I weigh at the gym. I dont even trust the doctor's scales...I weigh at the gym, the scales are new, they are calibrated and best of all, if I am going to use the scales why not go ahead and work out???

But that only works for me, you may not have the choices of scales that I do.

Last edited by garnetfairy; 01-31-2006 at 09:04 PM.
Old 01-31-2006, 09:01 PM   #42  
mookie-bren

Thumbs up hi i'm new here???

i am new to the site,hope to get some supportalso,
i have lost 5 pounds.i have also started walking and exercising 3x a
week. i haven't figured out how to do those cute little things, you all
have on your sites.hope to help and be helped soon.
thanks,mookie-bren
Old 01-31-2006, 09:31 PM   #43  

I am definately sure that is a dog and not a werewolf, I swear! Yes, they are huge, but they are SO mellow and kind and loving!

Ammi-We dont have a huge house, but that is ok...IW's are low energy dogs that do not need much room, just a place to lay down and stretch out. I have found over the years that the bigger the dog, the less space you need for it to be happy. I have neighbors with Beagles and Jack Russells that are holy terrors, bouncing off walls and destroying furniture....give me a big dog anyday, the bigger the better!

Well, I finally went to the store and got new batteries for our home scale. I hadn't weighed myself since November when I went to my last WW meeting. Guessing I was still 350 was wrong though, I am up to 360...but, the holidays have just ended and it is my TOM, so, I am not going to be too hard on myself. I am going to start over fresh tomorrow and stick to my goals. So, in the end, its 10 more pounds to lose than I thought, but thats ok, they can be the last 10

Went to Pizza Hut tonight for dinner. I actually only had half a glass of soda, instead of the 3 full glasses I usually have, I had a HUGE salad, one breadstick and just one piece of cheese and onion pizza. I know its not the best food in the world to be eating, but I did control myself, and that is a big step for me

Found out today that Mike is going on "travel", and he is leaving Sunday! He wont be going out to sea, just to Orlando, FL for a month to do some work down there. I tell ya, free rental cars, free flights, a "suite" at the Raddison for a month, Florida weather...Disney World....such a rough life he leads!
So, its just me and the girls and the dog and cat, for a whole month.

I am hoping to meet my goal for Feb, and hopefully he can see a difference when he gets home

Great job everyone on your losses!!!!
Old 01-31-2006, 09:53 PM   #44  

S/C/G: 412/TICKER/175

Height: 5'5

STOP!
Don't post here.
Please join us at 300+ And Ready To Try Again #819!
Closed Thread