3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community

3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/)
-   300+ Club (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/300-club-124/)
-   -   300+ And Ready To Try Again...#812 (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/300-club/73818-300-ready-try-again-812-a.html)

dogpal 01-23-2006 01:46 AM

300+ And Ready To Try Again...#812

WELCOME !!!

We are a group of individuals who weigh or have weighed 300+, or near there. This group was formed to provide a place for others like us to find support and hope. We are aware of the distinct problems that come with weighing over 300 lbs.

We want to invite everyone to join us in our journey.
We share laughter and tears.
We share what works for us and what doesn't.
We often use a "Topic of the Day" for discussion.

Motivational Monday
Tuesday Tips
Wednesday Wish List .. and What you are doing to obtain it.
Thankful Thursday
FUN Friday ... don't wait until you lose your weight.
Sit-up Saturdays - any physical activity
Share your Success Sunday

These are not required topics ...just ideas to share. We often find them very helpful. We also share heartaches and fears ... joys and celebrations.

We have several extra threads going on simutaneously such as Monthly Challenges, Weekly Weigh-ins, Recipes, Bios, and more. Please feel free to check them all out.

We have found this thread to be more than just a support group...
we have found it to become a home. We invite you to join us.

WELCOME!

I know you'll all agree that we are really thankful for the free services here at 3FC. The sisters offer all of this support and information with no charges to us. There are a couple of ways though that we can help out.

If you are thinking about buying anything at Amazon, why not help out 3FC at the same time? You can do this by clicking on the button for Amazon on any page in the forum, or by clicking on the button on the main 3FC page at www.3fatchicks.com . A portion of your purchase price will be given to 3FC by Amazon. It doesn't increase your price at all, but it does help out 3FC. You can use any of the Amazon.com links that you see on the site in order to help contribute to the site.

Also, BTW, in case you didn't know it, you can view the message boards "ad free" for a minimal charge. I think it's like $15 for 6 months. A very small investment to be rid of the annoying ads and make your pages load quicker.

There have been some concerns expressed by the powers that be about copyright infringement. So please, if you are directly quoting someone else or printing an article in whole or in part, please give credit where credit is due!!!!

dogpal 01-23-2006 01:58 AM

Good Evening Ladies,

Well, thank you everyone for the well wishes for my day with company. It was such a big deal because we rarely have company. All of the things I made were a hit and my husband's friend and his wife were lovely people. I had a great time. We are going to help them move into their new home in a couple of weeks and we have plans to go out to lunch and to the shooting range together sometime. We got along really well and had some laughs. I just finished cleaning up the kitchen then read the bible with my hubby and tucked him in for the night with the sports channel on so I can come and say hello to you all.

Honiangel: Welcome. I hope that you find the encourgement and support that you need here. I love it here and can't imagine a nicer group of ladies.

Ammi: So happy for you that you are not snacking at night. Way to go. LOL, I though you were an old pro at the eliptical machine. I'll let you know if I have the nerve to do it.

Brenda: I know what you mean about not having friends over. My hubby is the social one and I am the one who is shy. I really think it because of my size. I hope I can overcome that because we had a great time today. We are going to a Pampered Chef party at our pastor's house on Wednesday eve. where there will be other couples as well. So, I almost seem normal this week.

Kayley: Yea for you -3 and reaching your goal so early. I truly am happy for you. Do it now girl. Don' wait until you are in your 30's. I mean anytime is a great time to get healthy but the younger the better!

Jimoreta: Hey you, -4.4 is wonderful. When I first started I would give myself a visual to help with the disappointment I felt over small losses, not that 4.4 is small. but, I would imagine how many cubes of butter that was. Like, for your 4.4 pounds lost that is 123.2 cubes of butter gone from your body! Pretty darn good!

Christine: So glad you are feeling a bit better. I sure hope you stay that way.

Tashabella: I am a prayer and I will add you to my prayers. I'm so sorry about your job. Companies say they want ethical people and ethics etc. then when you go there they freak out. I will pray for God to bless you with a much better job. Hang in there.

Butterflyns: How is your kitty? I hope he is doing better.

Princesspuffypants: Yes family is a pain in the butt usually. I'm so sorry that you are hurting and going through so much with yours. Big "HUG"

Garnetfairy: Welcome, glad to see that thinthinker got you all straightened out. Looking forward to this journey with you.

Lovelylatina: Welcome: Glad that you started to post. I'm sure you will find everyone here is encouraging and that they will celebrate with you and feel sad when you feel sad. Again, welcome.

Val: Welcome back to USA. Hope you had a great shower in Montana. You will need a hot one there. Cold right now. Stay safe on the road.

Well, good night ladies and stay safe.
Blessings to you all,
Dogpal

kayleystar 01-23-2006 02:12 AM

Dogpal - Yes, I am so glad that I am deciding to do this when I'm young, before I develop severe health problems. My job was my wake-up call! When I couldn't find scrub tops that fit right,:cry: I knew it was time for a REAL change. So glad your meal was a success!:hug:

I was hoping for an early night, but alas, sleep wouldn't come, so I've been up copying lots of tasty :hungry: sounding low carb South Beach recipes! By the sounds of these, you wouldn't even THINK they were low carb! I'm off to try and sleep again! :cloud9:

jjmoreta 01-23-2006 02:14 AM

Thanks for the words of encouragement everyone.

I'm just trying to figure out why I'm unconsciously sabotaging my success. It's a pattern I've been aware of for some years in many aspects of my life, but one I'm clueless on how to prevent/stop. When I start succeeding at something, some part of me gives up and everything comes crashing down.

I didn't do so bad today, but no water, no vitamin, no concerted effort at exercise and I didn't journal today, although I could probably sit down and do it tomorrow and I highly doubt that I went over in points - grilled pork chop (I'll have to ask what hubby measured it at), 1/2 c corn, 1/2 c mashed potatoes, 2 fat free refried bean burritos, 1 c cocoa made with skim milk, and around 8 hershey caramel kisses.

I haven't increased my exercise like I said I would either. I did a few minutes of my bellydance video, but wasn't feeling up to the basics and the cardio kicked my butt. I totally forgot that Comcast has an exercise channel in its free On Demand section and I'll commit to trying one of them tomorrow.

I need to do more DDR, but my husband needs to help with the setup (connections and the disc needs polishing) and hasn't been amiable to help out. I should sit down and explain to him that I need extra help this week and that he should be exercising too, since we're supposedly doing this together.

Bleah, I say bleah!

AmmiUK 01-23-2006 03:44 AM

Morning All,

I am going to try to make this quick as I want to get my exercising done while hubby is out. I have to say I am really worried about him, all last night he said he was getting intermittent pain in his chest, and just before it happened he had a sharp pain down his arm. His mum and dad both have angina and I am worried that he has it. I mean he is overweight, AND he has a stressful life, what with the hassle from the kids and of course having to look after me as he has done and is doing. He is going to go to the doctors this morning if I have any say in it, so please all that pray, will you add him to your prayers.

Brenda - sorry you didn't see a loss this week, but good on you for keeping up the good attitude. That will help you go a long way. Just focus on your next WI and let's hope it shows a good loss to make up for this week.

Whatever the blood work you are going for is for, I hope it all goes ok. My veins are shot since my surgeries so they have to fight to find one when I go for blood tests. I hope they find yours easily!

Tasha - that bloke was a control freak, BUT he also was trying to make her as fat as possible. It was his biggest joy when he got her into the guiness book of records for being the heaviest model in the world at 812 lbs!! He wanted to keep making her fatter and fatter, but like I said, she would have died, so she ended up having to lose weight, and he nearly left her because of it!! Sick man. You would think it's illegal wouldn't you, but no mention was ever made of the police or even social services getting involved.

Good luck with the job applications you sent off, I hope you hear something soon and can tell your boss where he can stick his job. It's a shame after all this time that you have to leave, but you will be much happier somewhere where you will be appreciated I am sure.

Kayley - did you actually buy that dance/exercise DVD? I have a salsasize one and I love it. When I find it gets to easy I want to buy one of the more upbeat ones where it feels more like dancing than exercise.

Casanova, you lucky girl going to see that, doesn't that have Heath Leger in it. Yum :lol: I would go see that film purely because he is in it, but I dare not see it with Daren in case I drool too much :D I hope you enjoy it.

GarnetFairy - I know what it's like to have the doubting thomases in your life. But one good thing about them, they sure do make you angry enough to stick to a diet if only to prove them wrong. I am sorry that you ate so much Peanut Butter. There must have been a reason why you ate nearly all of it, and not just because it tasted so good. Just forgive yourself and move on. We all have our little set backs, it's just a shame people come down heavy on you the minute you have one. You can lose the weight, I am positive you can, and you can keep it off. You can and will have the last laugh over all those people who get on your back about dieting, and when they try to take the praise for helping you along the way you can firmly tell them that they could have done more harm than good, but YOU didn't let them. And you lost the weight for YOU!!

LAnne - sounds like you had a really wonderful day, and ate some fabulous food, and best of all, of course, your team won. Can't do better than that :carrot: Now you just have to exercise your butt off to work off some of that delicious food and champers :D

Honiangel - Thanks for telling me more about the WATP DVD you have got. It doesn't sound too energetic for me, so I will see if I can't get it on a UK format. If not I can play it on my lap top PC, but exercising looking at a small screen is the pits. I want to enjoy following along to exercise DVDS on my wide screen TV.

Glad you had a good day.

Valerie - lovely to hear from you and that you are safely back in the States. Ouch that repair work on the truck cost a pretty penny, but like you said, it's worth it to have had it discovered before a nasty accident could have happened.

You sound like you have done pretty good keeping OP and exercising. You are such an inspiration. Personally I think I would use every trip away as an excuse to forget dieting because it's too difficult, and just diet at home. So good on you for keeping up with the diet!!

Jjmoretta - I think if we could all figure out why we sabotage our own diet attempts we would all be thin by now. I have no idea why I get to 30 lbs lost and then can't seem to go any further. I have been like that for at least the last 8 years. This year I have to push past that 30 lbs and carry on losing, and I hope with all the support here and from my hubby that I will manage it. I hope the same for you too, and I think you need to give your hubby a gentle reminder that he needs to be exercising with you too.

Dogpal - that is brilliant that you had such a great time on the weekend, I am like Brenda, I have forgotten what it's like to be social. When I left Australia I left all my friends, and then through circumstances, too many to mention here I have only made a handful of friends over here in the 17 years I have been here. When Daren can finally look for work I am hoping perhaps to become a bit more social through his works social activities. Until then I can just take the time to get the weight off so that I won't be too shy to mix and mingle!!

I hope you have a great time at the pampered chef party. Sounds very food orientated though, so I hope there will be some healthy options available to you.

Woops time has flown, I better go start my work out. Take care all and I will be back later,

Hugs,

Ammi :grouphug:

voodoo1 01-23-2006 04:58 AM

Sorry, it looks like I missed most of the last thread, but I've had food poisoning, really ill on Saturday and quite ill on Sunday,:barf: all I ate was a ham sandwich last night as I was frightened of being 'ill' again. I spent most of Saturday either in bed or on the loo. Steve worked Sunday so I had to struggle to feed and care for my boys, at least I could keep sitting down!!
It looks like Steve has it now, I hope our boys don't get it.:(
Weighed in today, down 4lbs!!!! :goodscale I thought it would be less as if I have a bad tummy I usually retain lots of water but it looks like the exercise is paying off.
I read a bit of the last thread, but don't have the time to mention everyone, Garnet fairy I know how you feel, we keep crisps (I'm British you call them chips) in the garage, along with any biscuits, anything else I just don't buy. If hubby wants BAD stuff, after all most of it is full of chemicals, sugars and other nasties, he takes it to work. I try to keep my sons on good healthy foods, an odd bar of chocolate once or twice a week is enough, I want them to be healthy, think to yourself 'I DESERVE TO BE HEALTHY', apparently if you keep saying stuff like that, positive affirmations, they stick.
Luan, if I were you I'd get out of there, if she wants you to look after her son you should be allowed to tell him what to do, otherwise tell her to look after him herself, it is not fair on you, sometimes I think its a shame you can't DIVORCE your family!!!
I have to go, I need to try and eat something, I will juice some organic carrots and have a fruit smoothie and have some solids in an hour if these stay inside!!!
Hope you are all feeling better than me and keeping those bodies moving,
xxxsharon:carrot: :carrot:

princesspuffypants 01-23-2006 06:20 AM

hey all!!

Ammi - how was your workout today?

Nancy - i wish it was that easy. we live with my great grandmother, who had a stroke earlier this year. its kinda sucks because we're all stuck here. she cant be alone, so when im working out of state or long hours it helps to have them there. they just need to not be ******s and not do stupid things. im not saying to be perfect, but at least consider other peoples feelings *sigh* i know all about divorcing your family. i had to do it to my mom. shes just a completely toxic person and im much happier without her ;)

as for all you chicks that keep beating yourself up for "falling off track" QUIT IT!!! accecept it for what it is for today, and move on. remind yourselves that you ARE worth it and make a better effort tomorrow. you cant expect to do this overnight. its about small changes. lifetime changes. dont be upset because you celebrated or ate a whole jar of peanut butter - first off peanut butter is good for you. and it could be worse. it could have been a stick of real butter :). we all have days where we arent perfect. its OK. repeat. ITS OK!! just dont let it turn into several days or several weeks.

i found this site in september, and i honestly dont know what i'd do without it. you ladies are constantly a source of inspiration. especially women like Catherine (miss you!!). every time i put an extra piece of candy or chip in my mouth, i think about how she decided that she was going to lose weight no matter what and did leg lifts in bed just to get excersize. find your inspiration here. find friends and people that are going through the same things here. there is always someone here for you.

good night chicks!

*hugs*

jillybean720 01-23-2006 08:41 AM

Whew, I will have to come back later once I've had a chance to catch up on my reading (but, mind you, I LOVE that this group is so active!), but just wanted to post about the interview...

The Biggest Loser casting call was quite uneventful. Jeff and I got there around 7:30am, and I was about number 300 in line. By 11am when it actually started, there were well over 1000 people in line :o We were lucky we got there early because we were actually waiting inside Jillian's, so we were covered and warm and could sit on the floor and have games and music and stuff--the line eventually went outside and wrapped around the building, and those poor people were stuck standing on the concrete in the rain!

Anyway, we went in in groups of 15. I was the youngest one in my group, and our interviewer was this skinny little blonde chick who seemed nice but at the same time very no-nonsense. She must not have seen anything she liked because all we did was go around the table to introduce ourselves (name, age, location, job, and "what our t-shirt would say"), and then she was like, okay, thanks for coming in! Other groups had more questions and were in there far longer, so I guess none of us fit their profiles :p Maybe by the time casting calls come around again next year, I won't be big enough to qualify ;)

voodoo1 01-23-2006 08:55 AM

WOW! jilly, I didn't notice you posting about this before (did you?) I hope that if you're not picked this time that you are too SLIM for next year's. As I live in the Uk and don't have cable I haven't seen it. You never know though, you might be lucky :crossed: as they won't want people who give up easily or who are on the thick side, so you stand a better chance than most.;)
Ammi, how's Daren? hope its just a strain or minor thing. :hug:
I finally ate something, :) tomatoes with homemade bean/chickpea burgers which looked vile but tasted really good.
xxxsharon:grouphug:

CatherineM 01-23-2006 09:21 AM

Things have started to settle down some. I still have so much to do to transform this bachelor flop house into a home, but at least I can see the light at the end of the tunnel. I have tried to download photos from the wedding, but the file is too big, and I'm having hook-up problems with my laptop which has the program I could use to compress the file. His computer doesn't have a photoshop program, and I didn't want to bother with putting one on it right now, so I was able to put them in my yahoo thing which I don't really understand. So here is the link to some photos: http://pg.photos.yahoo.com/ph/hippie...0gtSEBlFq.kdaK
I don't know if that will work or not. If not I will either figure out how I accidently turned off my high speed port on my laptop, or load a program on his computer. I am just at my limit of knowing how to do this stuff. Hopefully I will be able to start doing individual replies this week. One week into the marriage, and we still haven't had a fight yet.

jillybean720 01-23-2006 10:00 AM

Catherine--I just had to say that I LOVED your gold veil! I like the sleeves of your dress, too...couldn't really see the whole gown in those photos, but what I did see was absolutely beautiful!

voodoo1 01-23-2006 11:08 AM

Catherine, I think your dress is beautiful, I noticed the medals on your HUBBY'S suit, is he ex-forces?
Who was that lovely older man who is escorting (sp?) you? I hope married life is all you hoped and that you carry on with your wonderful journey losing weight and going through life together with him.
xxsharon

Lilion 01-23-2006 11:28 AM

Catherine - You look so lovely in those photos! I especially like the last one where you are smiling so BIG! You just look joyful! I love what I can see of the dress - reminds me of the medival ones, even more so with the veil, which is so unique! You did a wonderful job on it! You and you husband look wonderful together! (I just love big men!) (((hugs)))!

going to lose 200 01-23-2006 11:56 AM

Catherine ~ How wonderful your day must have been. The dress looks absolutely beautiful, the veil is exquiste and your smile....perfect :) Many years of extreme happiness :hug: Thank you so much for sharing your pictures!

Brenda :wave:

kayleystar 01-23-2006 11:59 AM

JJmoreta - I don't know why sometimes we tend to "sabotage" ourselves. :( I used to do that, and I am surprised I haven't so far...:o Doing a little exercise is better than doing NONE at all! :wl:

Ammi - Hope you were able to get your workout in :tread:. And I am sending good vibes :goodvibes: your way. I hope all went well at the doctor's today.:hug: The sooner they catch a problem, the better! I didn't buy the dvd, as I wanted to check on Amazon, to see what the reviews were. But I think I'm going to get it either this weekend, or next time I get paid! :) :strong:

Sharon - So sorry you've been feeling ill. :barf: Congrats on the loss!!! :goodscale

Jill - Sorry that you didn't make it at the casting...but I hope you are "too thin" to get in next year, too! That would be FABULOUS! :queen: What's too thin in their book?

Catherine - You look so lovely! And oh so happy! :lucky: When those fights come, just don't get discouraged! :)

I was online last night, and I looked up my BMI. It says that I'm 51.6...which is down from when I started, which was 58.2! Eeps! Although, I don't really trust those "calculators", as I am NOT shaped like a "normal" fat chick! Most people always said I didn't look like I weighed 350 pounds. I pack it in pretty tight. So hopefully, when I reach 200, I won't even look like that! You all seem to LOVE these exercise balls so much! What all do you do on them? Are they hard at the beginning? And are they a GOOD workout?