300+ And Ready To Try Again...#811 - 3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community

Closed Thread

Old 01-20-2006, 04:37 PM   #1  

S/C/G: 510/see tracker/160

Height: 5' 9 1/2"

Default 300+ And Ready To Try Again...#811

WELCOME !!!

We are a group of individuals who weigh or have weighed 300+, or near there. This group was formed to provide a place for others like us to find support and hope. We are aware of the distinct problems that come with weighing over 300 lbs.

We want to invite everyone to join us in our journey.
We share laughter and tears.
We share what works for us and what doesn't.
We often use a "Topic of the Day" for discussion.

Motivational Monday
Tuesday Tips
Wednesday Wish List .. and What you are doing to obtain it.
Thankful Thursday
FUN Friday ... don't wait until you lose your weight.
Sit-up Saturdays - any physical activity
Share your Success Sunday

These are not required topics ...just ideas to share. We often find them very helpful. We also share heartaches and fears ... joys and celebrations.

We have several extra threads going on simutaneously such as Monthly Challenges, Weekly Weigh-ins, Recipes, Bios, and more. Please feel free to check them all out.

We have found this thread to be more than just a support group...
we have found it to become a home. We invite you to join us.

WELCOME!

I know you'll all agree that we are really thankful for the free services here at 3FC. The sisters offer all of this support and information with no charges to us. There are a couple of ways though that we can help out.

If you are thinking about buying anything at Amazon, why not help out 3FC at the same time? You can do this by clicking on the button for Amazon on any page in the forum, or by clicking on the button on the main 3FC page at www.3fatchicks.com . A portion of your purchase price will be given to 3FC by Amazon. It doesn't increase your price at all, but it does help out 3FC. You can use any of the Amazon.com links that you see on the site in order to help contribute to the site.

Also, BTW, in case you didn't know it, you can view the message boards "ad free" for a minimal charge. I think it's like $15 for 6 months. A very small investment to be rid of the annoying ads and make your pages load quicker.

There have been some concerns expressed by the powers that be about copyright infringement. So please, if you are directly quoting someone else or printing an article in whole or in part, please give credit where credit is due!!!!
Old 01-20-2006, 04:44 PM   #2  

Hi Ladies,

MY how the posts fly by. I will try to catch up a little bit. I went to do some errands this morning and one of them was to go to Costco for some shopping. I'm glad that is over with and as soon as I'm finished here, I will go to the gym to swim.

Dolfingirl: Yay! about the seat belt. I can so much relate. I had an incident with my husband in his truck where the seat belt wouldn't come close to closing around me. When it finally did. I was so proud and happy. IN my new car that I got last year, the seat belt fits me but is too tight if I wear it the proper way across my shoulder. I am so looking forward to the time when it fits. Thank you so much for sharing because it really encourages me to remember the things I am striving for as bonuses in addition to health.

LadyHawke: Welcome. I hope that you jump right in and make yourself at home. I have a lot of weight to loose also. I started at 505 and have been at 460 for a couple of months. It is because I haven't been exercising properly but, I am over my bronchitus and ready to jump back into the pool. I'm sure you will be encouraged as I have been here.

Mom2five: Yay. PTL that your test results are good. I am so glad for you. We miss your posts. Come back when you can. How is your friend Deb doing now?

Jillybean: Have fun with the ball. I just bought one too. So far I only have done pushups on it. I haven't sat on it but, I am going to try to do some crunches on it. I had another one and I never used it much but my nephew, a big boy, was messing around with it and stuck it while sitting and bouncing on it with the cable outlet and it sounded like a 12 gauge gun going off. He ended up on the floor with some scratches. I really think it was because it poked on the cable outlet.

Catherine: Married life seems to be agreeing with you. I am so thrilled. Be blessed.

To everyone else, blessings and take care.
Blessings,
Dogpal
Old 01-20-2006, 06:14 PM   #3  

S/C/G: 329/tracker/168

Height: 5'6"

Hi Again,

It's my night time post lol and it's nearly 10 pm. I am watching American Idol the auditions for series 5. I love the show. Last year I wanted Bo to win, and on the second series I wanted Clay to win, but other than that, my faves have won so I am normally happy at the final! Anyway, I have just had my hot chocolate and Rich Tea biscuits and that's me for the night. No more eating tonight!

LAnne - what a fabulous compliment to have the pharmacist think you are 12-14 years younger than you are! I bet that made your day

I read your music review and was impressed, you have a very descriptive way with words and even though I have never heard of the album you got me interested in it. Great writing!!

Felicia - LOL Thank you for sharing the photo, it's fantastic, and seeing really is believing!!

Hope you don't mind me asking, but how much are you paying for your Gazelle Rider. The one that takes my weight is about $266, the one that will take my weight in July is $165. I think that is a brilliant price and can't wait until I can buy one.

I can't remember which WATP tape I have got, I know it's a two mile one. I fully expected to just walk at different paces and back and forwards and to the side etc, I really didn't expect the lunges etc. I still like the tape but it's a bit energetic for me right now. I will do it eventually I am sure.

Kayley - have I missed a post about where you are going for the weekend? Well wherever you go I hope you have a brilliant time. I look forward to hearing from you again on Monday.

Dogpal - yay you can finally go swimming again. It must have been awful for you having to miss out when you had the bronchitis. Let's hope you have good health now and can work off some lbs.

Ok, it's email time, so I might pop back before I go to sleep, if not, I shall be back tomorrow. Bye for now,

Hugs,

Ammi
Old 01-20-2006, 10:05 PM   #4  

I finally feel like things are getting back on track again and hopefully I'm done with all the medical & other crisis for a while. Just have a procedure Monday to freeze the nerves at the back of my head to hopefully stop the headaches and then things should settle down. My big excitment this week was that one night my feeding tube bag some how leaked, and of course the water had to leak onto the power supply & surge protector strip- the plant hanger I hang it on had swung over somehow. Thankfully my cat is good about waking me up when something isn't right so I was able to unplug the power strip- the only things that were damaged were the power supply/battery charger for the feeding tube pump and the surge protector. Considering I have $10,000+ worth of medical equipment (my breathing machine is $6000 alone), plus I have an adjustable bed and all the normal bedroom stuff; let alone what coudl of happened if I didn't wake up in time. Years ago, before I had all this medical stuff in my room, I had just a regular room humidfier that shorted during the night. The same cat woke me up and then jumped down and kept looking at the humidfier until I realized something was wrong. I'd say he's earned his keep...even if the only mice he can catch are the stuff ones ...and he's poped an exercise ball...and chewed holes in brand new sport bra's (because I left them a plastic bag)

I feel bad I haven't been posting much- I've tried to read when I can to keep up. I went back a few threads today and tried to respond to as many people as I can, but this headache won't let me sit at my computer much longer.

Catherine- congratulation on your wedding! I'm sure you were absolutely radiant & beautiful bride.

Jill- Get that ball blown and have fun!...but do use an electric pump, if you can- and make sure you check how big the ball is suppose to be and that you have it fully inflated...though to start, a little under-inflation is good so that you sink into it instead of rolling off.

Vicki- Congrats on the NSV with the seat belt. I'm good about wearing mine, unless I'm a passenger in the back of my minivan...those back there are fine when I put it on, but every chance they get, it feels like a noose tightening around my entire body, which isn't a good thing...I asked one of my skinny little nieces and they do the same thing to her, so at least it wasn't just me.

Brenda- I hope you can change things up enough to get back on a loosing streek soon...but look at the bright side, at least you are not gaining any more weight. Your body might just need some more time to find its new balance before its ready to move on.

Ammi- Just be careful with any chest pain, okay? Too many women shrug it off as nothing when they shouldn't. Also, have you tried any of the home remedies for heartburn like raising the head of your bed a couple inches (not too many, or your bed turns into a big slide...and guess were you end up by morning?). Exercise balls have been around a long time- I got my first one way back in 1998 (cat got that one- hehe!). I learned about them from working with adults with developmental disabilities to put myself through college- as the staff, we use to fight over who got to sit on them!

Felecia- Now that your house is spotless, can come help with mine? Pretty please? I'll even bake healthy, low fat, goodies I'll even let you have the glider exerciser that I don't use anymore...I can't remember what its weight limit is, but I know its a lot higher then the Gazelle's

Lady Hawk- Welcome!!! I've heard people say they are 'releasing' their weight instead of 'losing' weight so many times, but for some reason it hit me when I read your post just how much more sense it makes...its not like when we lose our keys or a book and we want it back, we want this weight gone forever.

Sheri- That gym sounds like fun and in no time you'll be cruising for 30 minutes or more on cardio there.

julee- My old WW leader use to remind us to count loses in sticks of butter...your 0.8 loss is a little over 3 sticks gone! YEAH!!!

Neurotic- I understand the scale issue. For me, I do better if I do weigh almost daily- if I don't, its too easy to stick my head back in the sand, like I've done for way too many years, and then finding myself way off track. Right now I have to weigh daily do to some health issues since I only have one kidney & I seem to be retaining a lot of water over the last 2 weeks.

AmmiUK- I read about your problem with your colostomy bag & the bed. With my feeding tube, I've had more then my fair share of 'accidents' from tubes disconnecting & such. When I first went on it, all we could find were the old style rubber backed sheets- which are awfully sweaty to sleep on, but since I didn't know all the tricks I know now, they were a complete necessity. 2-3 years ago we found water proof mattress pad covers at a department store- they really don't look or feel any different then a normal mattress pad cover and they have saved my mattress countless times. I don't know if any of the shops over there would carry them...or what exactly they would called (wasn't a term I had to deal with when I did my internship in Ireland-lol). I have a twin bed and I think I got mine on sale for $25-30US- bought two sets so I always have a clean one just in case. As for Memory Foam- I bought a 2" thick topper to put on my bed- actually got a king size since it was only a couple bucks more so I have it folded in half to make 4". Its a great way to get some of the benefits of the memory foam without the drawbacks of an entire memory foam bed. Whenit wears out, I'll just get a new one.

Kayley- what part of Michigan do you live in? I live between Grand Rapids & Lansing- it would be great if we live close enough to actually met up someday.

Mom2five- I saw you mention about your liver enzymes being elevated and going through all the testing. Mine have been too. Ironically my doctor decided to order in depth iron testing, expecting my iron levels to come back high because of the liver enzymes- and wouldn't you know it, they come back as too low so now I'm on prescription iron supplements for anemia. Did your ultrasound show anything? Mine showed fatty liver- which wasn't noted 5-6 years ago, but they think its from side effects of the stomach condition I have & the feeding tube formula- all the more reason to get off it completely and back on 'real food' 100%.
Old 01-20-2006, 10:21 PM   #5  
learning to live

S/C/G: 443/270/200

Height: 5'0"

Hi ladies. I have been having a heck of a time lately. My sister fell on some hard times, so she and her husband and their baby moved in with me and my husband. This really screwed up our food situation (because we generally buy enough for the whole month in one go - whereas with them, we've gone through everything for the month in a measly week!), so I haven't been eating as well, and with watching the baby all the time, I haven't been getting my exercise in.

Now I have influenza and a wicked cough. It's only started in the last couple days, but it's quickly wearing me down. Tis the season I guess. That's what I get for not getting my influenza vaccination even though I work on pediatrics.

Congrats to Catherine - I can't wait to see pics! It sounds like the wedding was lovely (and the honeymoon was fun )! I'm so tickled for you!

Congrats to everyone who's lost as well as anyone who keeps trying, whether you see a loss or not.

For those who aren't feeling well, I hope you feel better soon.

I don't have much more energy left, so I'm going to skip on the individual replies and try to get them in this weekend. Sorry!
Old 01-20-2006, 10:42 PM   #6  
banned

Brandnewme--So sorry you are under the weather. Make sure you get plenty of Vitamin C and try to rest when they baby does. Also, are there any food banks in your area? If there are, they may be able to help with your food supply between the times you go to shop.

Has anyone here ever gone to color their hair and realized when it was too late they had brought the wrong shade? Normally, I would have been AHHHHHH! --ing by now, but in this case, I tend to like this shade better than what I had been previously using; the red isn't as intense and goes with my skin real nice. I should make more "oops" moments like this more often.

It got to 57 degrees today, and though the air was a bit chilly, I did get in a walk instead of doing the usual aerobics. Sometimes being outside tends to clear out the cobwebs of both mind and body.

Hope all of you have a great evening!
Old 01-20-2006, 11:29 PM   #7  

Hi everyone,

Well, I made a great meal for my hubby in the crock pot this morning and we just finished eating dinner and I did the dishes. Then I sat down and picked out some recipes to make for Sunday. Being new to the area, we are inviting a guy and his wife (children if they have them) over to watch football after church. My husband really likes this man and I am nervous and excited about having company. They are also new to the area and my husband and he have become fast friends. I chose all of these recipes that I used to make when we had lots of company of our friends coming over to play games. It is hard when you don't know the people. I'm sure it will be fun.

Ammi: thanks for your support and encouragment on getting better. All this talk about an eliptical machine has my interest up. I think I may give it a go at the gym and see what I think about it.

Christine: Give your kitty a hug for me. I'm so glad that she woke you up in time. Medical stuff is so expensive. Hope you feel better soon.

Brandnewme: Very nice of you to let your sister and her family move in with you. My husband and I did that with my sister and her 4 children for 3 years. It was hard but such a pleasure to be able to help other people out when you can. So sorry that you are ill though. Take care of yourself.

Well ladies, my hubby just volunteered to go to the grocery store to purchase the rest of our things for Sunday! I am thrilled. He is such a treasure. I think I will go and take a hot bath and put on some comfy jammies. When he gets home we can maybe watch a movie. I just got a couple of new ones that we haven't seen yet.

Blessings all,
Dogpal
Old 01-21-2006, 03:04 AM   #8  
Amber

S/C/G: 293/277/140

I just wanted to say hi and introduce myself. I'm new to 3FC and to forums in general, although I have chatted for years. I posted my bio in the bios section, I'm sure you don't want a whole re-cap here. However I will say I am 30, single but helping raise my brothers 2 daughters. I live in TX and although I have been "dieting" and working out twice a day for 6 days now, I have yet to get on a set of scales. So I'm not sure of my starting weight, but I do know two months ago I weighed 275 and I think I have gained since then especially with the holidays. I need to get a set of scales...

Anyway, as I said I'm new so I've done quite a bit of reading but not much posting
Old 01-21-2006, 10:43 AM   #9  

Good Afternoon All,

How are we all? I am pleased to say I didn't eat late last night again I think now that I have jumped that hurdle two nights in a row it's going to be easier from here on in.

Christine - what a wonderful cat you have looking after you like he does. I am glad you have him to save both you and all your electrical equipment Thank you for giving me that link to see the mattress protector pad that you use. They don't deliver that over here from Amazon.com but I will do a search in the UK shop, or other UK shops and I am sure I will get something very similar if not the same. It looks brilliant.

How is your head now, has the treatment you had at the doctors helped to improve things?

Thanks for the tips on home remedies for heartburn. I did try propping myself up on a cushion, it didn't help much. In the end a nice glass of water with bicarbonate of soda in it did the job. A few little burps later and I was much better. My ex husband had a heart attack when he was 33, and I know my weight puts extra strain on my heart, so don't worry, I won't put chest pains down to wind or indigestion unless I am sure that's what it is.

Felicia - how many versions of that Gazelle Rider does that man do That looks like the one I was looking into buying, but the write up of the one I saw said that it takes 350 lbs weight. Now then you are going to have to come up with some pretty inventive ways of attaching a book or lap top to a Gazelle Rider to help the time go quicker when you are on it

That online site you found with books on it to read, do you have to pay to read them? Why don't you just put a DVD on the lap top and watch a film while you exercise. That's the only way I can get through doing my ironing, talk about boring.

I looked at those Leslie Sanson DVDs you have and yes they are much newer than mine. Mine is an ancient one which is actually on VHS. Sounds to me like she has realised lunges and jumps etc do not count as walking!!! If that's the case I might just buy one of the new DVDs.

Brandnewme - I am so sorry to hear how unwell you are, that's the last thing you need I am sure. That is good of you to take in your sister and her family, it sounds like financially it's quite a strain. What are they doing to try to sort out whatever problems have had them fall on hard times? I hope that it won't be too long before they can get themselves on their feet again and if nothing else help with buying food at your place.

LAnne - that was a stroke of luck wasn't it that the shade of hair colour you chose in error was actually a nicer one than your usual one. It was obviously fated I am glad it all didn't end in disaster.

Good for you for walking even though you didn't feel up to doing aerobics. Some times a nice walk in the chilly air can really be brilliant, especially if you have some stuff to sort our in your mind. Like you said, it really clears the cobwebs.

Dogpal - I hope you and your hubby enjoy having those new friends over on Sunday. I think they will love the good company not to mention the lovely food you plan on serving. I hope you tell us all about it after the visit.

I hope if you do decide to have a go on an elliptical at the gym that you will love it. I talk about them like they are fabulous, but I have never had a go on one yet lol. I just think that they look brilliant. I will be interested in hearing if you enjoy using one.

Honiangel - hello and to the boards. You are another very beautiful person helping out with family when they need you. Your brother is lucky to have a sister like you who is willing to help bring up his children. I have 3 siblings and I am sad to say that none of them would be there for me especially if I needed to move in for a while. I think that's why it moves me so much when I read of yourself, Shadie, Brandnewme and any others all being there for their family!!

Hope you can get some scales soon so that you can get a start weight and then watch those lbs come off.

Alright time for me to go, I shall return though lol. Bye for now,

Hugs,

Ammi
Old 01-21-2006, 12:27 PM   #10  
Melting Mama

Hello all. I haven't posted in a several threads. I guess I have to check back almost daily to keep up.

I'm on week 3 and am only down 4.4 lbs. No big "week 1" rush which really surprised me. I might be able to blame PMS woes, which will be over by WI, but we'll have to see.

Yesterday I rebelled and binged at a buffet (Cici's Pizza). I don't think I'll let myself do buffets for a few months until I can control myself better. I am in the process of writing down everything I remember and will zero out my flex points. I also will do heavy exercise for half an hour (DDR) the rest of the week in addition to my 5000 steps a day as partial penance for my dietary sins.

I did make an important realization while I was there, though. Almost every adult in there was overweight and most of them would qualify as obese. In particular, one family that walked in as I was leaving really struck me. The mom and dad were both very hefty and their adolescent son was clearly on his way. I immediately pictured ourselves as that family and was horrified at the mirror image. I've made the decision that buffets are not healthy restaurant choices, even if they save money and have healthy options. Not for a food addict like me.

Ian wasn't with us that trip, but I don't want him growing up with unhealthy food habits. I already have to catch myself from trying to enroll him in the "clean plate club" and he's only 2! I have a long way to go myself, I guess. I can't stand to see food left on a plate because it can't go back into leftovers and is "wasted".

But I did do one good thing that trip. I went to the salad bar first. Since I wasn't caring at the moment, I used the bad creamy dressing and *gasp* 6 full fat croutons, but I am impressed that I grabbed a big plate of salad first. Old me wouldn't have bothered because it would have filled me up for the good stuff. Maybe it stopped what I'm labelling a medium binge from being severe.
Old 01-21-2006, 01:25 PM   #11  

Jjmoretta - sounds like your trip to the buffet was a good thing for you. You learned that you can still take a healthy option by getting a salad before the main meal food, plus you saw that family that made you all the more determined that you and your family aren't going to end up like that. It's amazing when something really makes us think twice about what we are doing to ourselves. Are you back on track now?

Have a good weekend and remember the extra heavy exercise you want to do to work off that buffet meal

Hugs,

Ammi
Old 01-21-2006, 03:03 PM   #12  
trying again!

S/C/G: 417/323/185

Afternoon folks

jjmoreta ~ Good for you in taking a bad situation and having something good come out of it. Realizing that you aren't strong enough to attend buffets yet is a great thing. I know that I haven't gotten to that point yet! Good luck with your weigh in. And welcome back

Ammi ~ Congrats on not having that late night binge two nights in a row I remember hearing that it takes 12 days to break a habit! Here's to the next 10 days!!

DogPal ~ Don't you just LOVE crockpots!! I am getting ready to put a nice roast in mine this evening! Hope your dinner went well Steve and I don't really have many "couple" friends and he is not a very social person so I envy you making new friends.

LAnne ~ Thats nice that your hair color turned out for the best. I am trying to get the nerve to do something drastic to mine but Steve loves it long I get mistaken for someone in my early 20's all the time. I figure in 20 years that will make me SO happy!!! I just tell them i use Oil of Olay

Brand new~ Sorry to hear that you are sick. You are wonderful to allow your family to move in with you. That is how families should be

FS72 ~ Do you mind pm'ing me with the link where you are reading online ?

OK I have to clean up. We had a party last night and I have yet to do the dishes. I got up this am, went to the pool, just finished my shopping for the week and had some spinich salad for lunch. YUM!

Well, tomorrow is weigh day. I really hope that the extra 4 hours I did water running this week helped to jump start the ole weight loss plateau that I want to kick. We will see

Hope you all have a WONDERFUL day!!

Brenda
Old 01-21-2006, 03:13 PM   #13  

S/C/G: 412/TICKER/175

Height: 5'5

Dogpal - Glad to see you posting! Hope you are well.

Ammi - Just over to Andrew's place for the weekend. I usually come over on the weekend at least once, and Andrew's on the exercise bike, so I thought I'd come on and post (and update my ticker!!!)

Christine - Hopefully you are feeling a whole lot better this time next week! I live in Southwestern Michigan, about 10 minutes from the Indiana border. Have you ever heard of St. Joseph/Benton Harbor? I'm about 20 minutes south from there. About 45 minutes south of Kalamazoo.

Brandnewme - Sounds like you are under quite a bit of stress, but hopefully, taking care of the baby is enough of a workout for ya! Get better soon! And I hope all goes well for your family.

Honianangel - Hello and to the forum! Hope you enjoy it!

Jjmoreta - A loss is a loss no matter what! Good choice on going to the salad bar first!!! I tend to go to Chinese Buffets, because they have a lot of steamed dishes, and since I can eat meat and most vegetables, that's the healthiest choice in my case.

As for my victory! I lost 3 pounds, which was all I needed to meet my Valentine's Day goal! It also means I'm down 30 pounds since Dec. 12, 2005!!! I'm so incredibly excited!!!! Who knew 3 pounds could do that for ya?!? Now I'm only 21 pounds away from seeing the 2's!!! Which I haven't seen in YEARS! I'm in the BEST mood today! Hope you are all having success either losing or maintaining...or at least TRYING!
Old 01-21-2006, 04:27 PM   #14  

Two days in row- I must be feeling better I've even been doing some light exercises on my exercise ball- along with sitting on it at my computer. Hopefully this weekend I can get my cross country ski exerciser set up again so I can start using it too. My goal is someday to get up to using the Nordic Track Skier I bought- it requires more coordination then I have-lol. Luckily I found this other one at Good Will for under $10- if anyone is ever looking for home exercise equipment, don't forget your local Good Will, Salvation Army, St Vincent dePaul's, etc- you can find some really good buys and if you don't like or out grow, donate it back.

Brandnewme- I'm glad you're able to help your sister & her family out. It can be so hard when something major through you off balance...and then to get the flu on top of all that- you poor thing.

LAnne- Home hair coloring- I have to admitt I do it to...I've never been able to afford to (or at least didn't want to spend the money when I could) to have mine done at the salon either. My big complaint is that they don't use 'real' color anymore...what color is 'cool harvest' anyways? I'm glad you had a happy accident...and that you're better then I am at keeping track of what brand/color it was so you make sure you can get it next time too.

Dogpal- sounds like you'll do fine with whatever you pick out for your guest...and its great your hubby has found someone he can connect with too.

honiangel- I think its great that you are helpign your brother out with his children- too often it seems like single dad's don't have access to as much support as single mom's do.

AmmiUK- I'm glad I read enough of the post I missed to hear the whole story behind your bed situation. My brother has colitist too- he & I haven't talked about it much- he's 15 years older then I am and we live several hours apart. I know he went through some rough times at first with surgeieries & all...and then his wife decided she wanted a 'newer model' so he is left with a teenage daughter to raise (and an 18 year old son & 21 year old daughter too), but he seems to be doing okay now. He did lose a lot of weight, which has helped him...not that he's skinny now by any immagination. Let me know if you need any help tracking down the mattress pad covers- I would think Marks & Spencers would carry them, maybe even Boots?...or one of the major department stores, though I'm not as familiar with what is available in your part of Wales...I was spoiled with having everything so available when I studied in London for a summer and then latter when I lived in Dublin for my internship. I grew up in a very rural area of Michigan, but now I live in a more populated area and can drive to just about store I want within less then an hour.

jjmoreta- Good for you starting with the salad instead of the rich main courses buffets are known for. Don't look at it as failure- you learned something about yourself from the experience that will help you face all the 'buffets' in life.

Brenda- the water running sounds good- do you use the floatation belt when you do it? I got such a kick out of my Rebock water aerobic shoes having reflective strips on them...like you would do water aerobics in the dark or something

Kayley- Yep- I know that area- it was part of the area I had to cover as a case manager when I was working. One of my good friends from high school lives in PawPaw- sometime when I go to see her we should see if we can arrange something.

I off to take a nap and then hopefully get some stuff done in the kitchen...
Old 01-21-2006, 04:50 PM   #15  

Unhappy

Hi, everyone. I hope everyone is well. I've been popping in on the board ~ it has been moving quickly.

The woman I told you about started work this week . I had an open and honest conversation with my boss before she started, telling him I knew about her past problems working in the company and my concerns about working with her. I have been in **** ever since.

She started Wednesday and has been argumentative since the start (you can't tell her how to do something/train her because she starts arguing and gets an attitude right away). She is weird and acts like she's strung out on crystal meth . She wears a wig and press-on plastic fingernails. (I told my friend that if we got in a brawl, I know who'd come out the better of the two. All my parts would still be attached. LOL.) The boss has treated me like a jerk ever since.

I also told the boss about another employee who has been bullying me and he basically said it was my "misinterpretation" of things . He asked me why it was a problem "now." I said "because I'm not taking it anymore." I have worked my butt off for this company for 11 years so you can imagine how I feel. I am seriously at the end of my rope and have been extremely depressed over it.

I'm starting a job search by responding to ads this weekend. Please cross your fingers or say a prayer that I can find a good job that pays me what I need and where people appreciate people who work hard. I have to get out of there before it kills me. I don't deserve any of this. It is very hard to deal with.

One of the only good things at work is my friend who works in the same building. We started back on our Weight Watchers at-home plans together this week so hopefully it will go well. (When I'm upset, I want to eat so that's not good. ) Fortunately, I went out and ate last night, but I had enough Flex Points to cover the meal . I will weigh tomorrow. I'm trying though -- no matter what they do to me, I have to keep the focus on me! (I have to keep telling myself that I am important and I have to focus on myself and let the other stuff go ~ but it's so hard ~ especially when the hardship accompanies making a living.)

Brandnew ~ I'm sorry. It can be very hard on you to have extra people living with you. Try to make time for yourself no matter what. Maybe you could make a chore list or something and give everyone a job to do to ease some of the strain.

Congrats to those of you who lost . Hi to everyone else and "hang in there" . For our sick chicks, I hope you will all get better soon .

Love you guys.
Closed Thread