View Poll Results: How did you choose what your final goal weight will be?
Because the diet charts say that's what you should be. 6 12.00%
Because you think that that weight will work best for you. 32 64.00%
Because you don't think you could ever get to the guideline weight. 3 6.00%
Other (please state in a post) 9 18.00%
Voters: 50. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 01-18-2006, 11:18 AM   #1  

S/C/G: 329/tracker/168

Height: 5'6"

Default What Weight Do you Want to Get To?

Hi All,

I am not sure how to do this, but I am trying to set up a poll. Hope it works. I just want to find out what weight each of us is aiming for and why. Personally I don't see me ever being 140 lbs which the weight charts say I should be. I think I would look too thin at that size. So I am aiming ideally for 168 lbs. I think that will be a nice size. I think I will just carry on losing until I feel a 'normal' and healthy weight. Who knows, it may be more than 168 lbs.

Hugs,

Ammi
Old 01-18-2006, 11:32 AM   #2  
Katie

I want to be at 160. I have a big frame so i think any less would be too much!
Old 01-18-2006, 12:21 PM   #3  
Nancy

S/C/G: 353/T/168

Height: 5'3"

Right now I am aiming at 200 and I will see where things go. My main goals are for health and fitness, and I want be at a weight I can maintain for the rest of my life. I am 5'3" and I have a medium frame so the weight charts say I should be around 130-145 which I just cannot imagine at this point.
Old 01-18-2006, 02:34 PM   #4  
I ate it

S/C/G: 312/cw/140

Height: 5'4"

I'm heading for 140...that's what I weighed when I graduated high school in 1990..and back then I thought I was a total heifer! I know it's going to be a process but I feel that I can get there...if I am persistent. I honestly wouldn't mind 130...but let's just take it one day at a time.
Old 01-18-2006, 03:21 PM   #5  
banned

I for one want to go for a weight that is realistic for me, not what the media and Hollywood is trying to cram down our throats as a standard of 'the perfect body' and their warped (IMO anyway) standard of beauty.

With that in mind, a realistic, healthy look for me would be 145-150 and a size 10/12. How long it will take me to get there is anyone's guess, but if I keep focused as I have been, it will indeed happen.

And I am doing this for the sake of looking and feeling healthy, not having the butt of a 19 year old's or trying to catch a man. We should always keep our priorities in check in our journeys if we are to succeed.
Old 01-18-2006, 03:48 PM   #6  

My goal of 190 is what my driver's license says. I haven't changed it since I was 19 years old. I've never, ever weighed what "the charts" say I should weigh. In fact, I was considered fat at 190...but really, I don't think I would be. I'm 5'10" and large framed. I actually grew and inch or two after high school and I'm 42 years old now. And, last but not least, when I was 22 I had an ovarian cyst removed that was 20 LBS! So I had this big belly that I wouldn't have now. When I get to 190, if I want to lose more, I'll deal with it then. But, for now just being under 200 will be heaven on earth!
Old 01-18-2006, 03:51 PM   #7  

S/C/G: 305/247/<200

Height: 5'9"

I am aiming for 22% body fat which is the mid-range of a "fitness" level (21-24%) for a woman. Currently, I have 158 pounds of lean body mass -- if I keep that same LBM, then 22% body fat would put me at a total weight of 203 or so. In order to be at the very top end of a normal BMI, I would need to weigh 168. I've lost some LBM already -- around 12 out of 38 pounds -- so I may lose some more as I go and perhaps get down to 170. But, right now, my weight goal is 200 (I like round numbers) because that has me at a very healthy body fat percentage.

Probably more information than you wanted, but I'm the data/information girl .
Old 01-19-2006, 03:43 AM   #8  

S/C/G: 412/TICKER/175

Height: 5'5

Well, my goal is to be 200 pounds. I've NEVER been thin, and I don't wanna be extremely thin or anything. I wanna be "thick" as they say! LOL! But I'm sure once I get down to 200, I'll wanna see those 1's...but 200=goal by my 21st birthday.
Old 01-19-2006, 09:01 AM   #9  

S/C/G: 295/225/back to Onederland

Height: 5'5"

I've thought about this a lot and honestly don't know! Like so many, I've been fat for so long, that I don't know what I'll look and feel like at a lower weight. And, this isn't only about weight, but health. So on some level, I'd like to let my mind decide what it's comfortable doing, and my body decide what I end up weighing and looking like.

That being said, getting below 200 would be great and such a difference from before I think I would revel in it for a while. I haven't really been in the 100s since college. But ulmitely, I think my eating and exercise habits will bring me lower. I think 180 is very doable. Perhaps I can conceive of 150 (just above "normal" in a BMI sense), but I haven't been there since the start of college (and only briefly), and also still felt fat. But I don't know. I'm not ready to set a final weight goal.
Old 01-19-2006, 10:53 AM   #10  

S/C/G: 329/tracker/168

Thank you all so much for taking the time to take part in this thread. It's been really interesting seeing all of your replies.

Hugs,

Ammi
Old 01-19-2006, 02:34 PM   #11  
trying again!

S/C/G: 417/323/185

I remember being 240lbs at 14. I can't remember being anything under that. so when I reach my goal , whatever my body decides it should be, then I will be happier that I have been since before I was 14yrs old. That is enough of a lifetime achievement for me
Old 01-19-2006, 02:42 PM   #12  
banned

I just looked at your ticker in your sig, going to lose, and it looks like you are off to a FANTASTIC start! And the attitude of what is right for YOU is certainly a realistic and good approach. Much as some people would like to be that small, a size 0 certainly wouldn't be comfortable or attractive on myself. I prefer curves.
Old 01-19-2006, 08:21 PM   #13  
Butterflyns_71

My goal is to be at least under 200 lbs. I would love to get to 150 but I will take one day at a time.
Old 01-20-2006, 04:27 AM   #14  
Learning to love myself.

Height: 5' 7"

My goal is 68kg (150lbs). Years ago I would never have dreamt of being that weight, but now it seems SO reachable. I never really set a goal weight when I started on this journey, but when someone asked me I said I would love to get to 80kg (176lbs), and I've already passed that, which is fantastic. I have always said that my aim is to get to a 'healthy' weight, so I am going by charts and BMI. I know that they are not the be all and end all, but they are a guide for me, and because I have NEVER been a normal weight as an adult I can't compare with weights and sizes I have been before.

In the long run, I feel as though my body is going to settle at the weight it wants to be. I'm not dieting, but have totally changed my lifestyle, and this makes me believe that by continuing to do what I am doing, sooner or later my body will say "Yep, this is where I want to be". That is my theory... and I'm sticking to it!

This has been an interesting thread. Thanks Ammi!
Old 01-20-2006, 11:56 AM   #15  

S/C/G: 300+/275/150

Height: 5'8"

Hi , I'd like to be 150lbs, or in UK 10stone 10lbs, the right weight for my height of 5'8". When I was 16-18 I was 150-165 and wore size 12 dresses and 14 bottoms (UK sizes)AND had 23" waist!!!!!That would be wonderful to be that size again, but I will see how things go, as I'm about to be 41 I'm aware that bodies change a lot. I want to be normal, maybe even to have a wolf whistle occasionally!!!! Though as a young woman I hated them and often gave the finger to guys who DARED do that at me!!!!
bye for now,
sharon
Closed Thread