3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community

3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/)
-   300+ Club (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/300-club-124/)
-   -   300+ And Ready to Try Again...#780 (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/300-club/68042-300-ready-try-again-780-a.html)

AmmiUK 11-05-2005 06:34 AM

300+ And Ready to Try Again...#780

WELCOME

We are a group of individuals who weigh or have weighed 300+, or near there. This group was formed to provide a place for others like us to find support and hope. We are aware of the distinct problems that come with weighing over 300 lbs.

We want to invite everyone to join us in our journey.
We share laughter and tears.
We share what works for us and what doesn't.

We have several extra threads going on simutaneously such as Monthly Challenges, Weekly Weigh-ins, Recipes, Bios, and more. Please feel free to check them all out.

We have found this thread to be more than just a support group...
we have found it to become a home. We invite you to join us.

I know you'll all agree that we are really thankful for the free services here at 3FC. The sisters offer all of this support and information with no charges to us. There are a couple of ways though that we can help out.

If you are thinking about buying anything at Amazon, why not help out 3FC at the same time? You can do this by clicking on the button for Amazon on any page in the forum, or by clicking on the button on the main 3FC page at www.3fatchicks.com . A portion of your purchase price will be given to 3FC by Amazon. It doesn't increase your price at all, but it does help out 3FC. You can use any of the Amazon.com links that you see on the site in order to help contribute to the site.

Also, BTW, in case you didn't know it, you can view the message boards "ad free" for a minimal charge. I think it's like $15 for 6 months. A very small investment to be rid of the annoying ads and make your pages load quicker.

There have been some concerns expressed by the powers that be about copyright infringement. So please, if you are directly quoting someone else or printing an article in whole or in part, please give credit where credit is due!!!!

AmmiUK 11-05-2005 07:03 AM

Hello All,

Well my relief at changing phone numbers was short lived. Today we had a letter from my husband's ex, saying that obviously we changed our number, but don't worry she will easily get it again!!! So I don't know who is giving her the information, but now that she has our address I am worried sick that she's just going to turn up on the doorstep. We are going to see a solicitor next week and also get in touch with Social Services and see where we stand at trying to stop her doing just that.

I am not going to let this ruin my diet, I wouldn't give her the satisfaction, but I do feel so sick about it all.

Anyway enough of my woes. The good news is that I got back on track yesterday with no problems, and I ended up with 2.5 points to bank. Not bad at all. Just goes to show that I can have days off and still get back on track with no hardship. YAY.

Catherine - Any news?? You definitely do sound pregnant, the first signs I had that I was pregnant were the tender boobs, and also I used to have to wee a lot. I didn't have any cravings until way into the pregnancy, but hey, everybody is different. Are you definitely seeing the doctor still on Monday.

Lori - amazing isn't it how we all seem to have to teach ourselves that it's all or nothing when we do things, from dieting to posting here. I just hope that people will have read the last few posts about posting regardless of commenting on what other people have said. Maybe we will see some more people posting now.

Wyllen - glad my post took some of the pressure off, it seems quite a few of us felt the same way. So post away to your hearts content and don't worry anymore :D

Valerie - sorry that you are finding it so difficult to sleep. I hate it when I am tired but just can't get to sleep. I bought the Paul McKenna weight loss CD, and funnily enough it doesn't do much for my dieting lol, but it sure does send me to sleep lol. Seriously I just put it on, and half way through I am gone. Only problem is that at the end when he says ok you can wake up now, I do lol. But I soon nod off again.

Sharon - that is appalling how you and your baby nearly got run down by that stupid woman on a horse. What on Earth was she doing riding on the pavement. I feel the same way about adults on bikes that ride on the pavements. Um hello, you should be on the road, and pedestrians should be on pavements!! I am glad you got out of the way in time and I hope that woman has been thrown off her horse many times since :lol:

How did you go with the Richard Simmons DVD. It's funny isn't it. I like the Car Wash one, too cool. My step daughter has an INSET day on Monday so I won't be exercising then. But I am going to try again on Tuesday!!

Oh well I better get some washing done even though it's foul weather. I am going to have to get a second clothes airer because one is just not enough. Take care all and bye for now,

hugs,

Ammi :crazy:

Mazarin 11-05-2005 07:08 AM

Hello! Hope we all have an exciting weekend planned. Of course in the UK today is BONFIRE NIGHT! any ukers have plans for it.... I will just stay in but hopefully spend some time in the garden watching other people's fireworks. I don't go out much and so am saving my own money! :) I do love tonight thought, thankfully my dog Alfie does not worry to much about the noise, he's a good lad! :)

I have been back on track with my diet now for 5 days doing well, finally I think I found my feet again, I am pretty sure the new anti-depressant I have been taking for 3 weeks is kicking in, as I seem to be smiling a lot!

Hope everyone has a good weekend....

AmmiUK 11-05-2005 07:46 AM

Alison - glad to hear that your anti depressants are working now and that you are smiling a lot. I am sure being back on a diet and sticking with it for the last 5 days helps make you smile too. Well done :cheer:

I have no plans for tonight, and it's a foul day, it hasn't stopped raining. Why does it always seem to rain on bonfire night!!! I remember one year when Beth was 5 I took her to a local display. We were both drenched by the end of it despite the fact we were in coats, and Beth even had ski pants on as well, and umbrellas etc. We couldn't wait to get home and into a hot bath. For some reason people around her let off their fireworks last night, so between that and the bad weather I don't think we will get to see much out of our window tonight. Hope you enjoy watching the fireworks from the comfort of your own home though lol.

Hugs,

going to lose 200 11-05-2005 08:41 AM

Hello Everyone !

Thought I would just check in and say hello. Happy to see that everyone in doing well!

Ammi ~ Aren't ex's the worst! Good for you on not letting it destroy everything that you are working so hard to achieve!! Good luck on taking those steps to stop her harrassment!

I have lots to do around the house today as I am heading back to the office on Monday morning after being home for 7 weeks. It will be SO hard to get in the proper breakfast, workout a little and still get to work for 6:30am but I am going to have to try! We are also going into the city for dinner and to see George Jones in concert. He's ancient now but a legend still the same!

Another small victory for me this morning. A few years ago I bought a few new bras on clearance. A couple of weeks later they were too tight so I had packed them up in my "new clothes that don't fit" box and forgot about them. They fit! One is still a little tight so I am wearing it today to see if it is actually too tight or that I am so used to wearing things too loose that it is all in my head. :lol: I'm thinking it is still a little too tight to wear all day!

Anyhow, I am off to hem some pants. Now that my butt is shrinking, it is making my pants too long! :lol:

Hope you all have a wonderful Saturday! Hopefully those that get to enjoy "Bonfire Night" will :)

Brenda :wave:

AmmiUK 11-05-2005 09:23 AM

Brenda - woohoo :cheer: that is brilliant that you are now fitting into those bras from two years ago. I bet we all have a stash of new clothes that don't fit. I remember once I bought what on the hanger said size 28 trousers. I got home and put them on, or I should say, tried to put them on, and they were actually a size 18. So I kept them, and they are still sitting in my drawer waiting for the day that I might actually get into them, :lol:

I know what you mean about your trousers being too long now too. I have a few pairs now that if I pull them right up so that they don't droop on the floor they come up to under my boobs :lol: and if I let them sit at my waist properly they wipe the floor. I think I had better get to hemming as well!!

I hope all goes well for you when you are back to work at the office. I am sure it won't be too difficult to get back into the routine of it all.

Sorry to say, but I haven't heard of George Jones, but obviously you and hubby like him, so I hope you enjoy the concert.

Enjoy your weekend, and try not to do too much,

Hugs,

Heather 11-05-2005 09:59 AM

Valerie -- You noticed my treadmill goal! -- How do others choose to set their goals? I don't want to say 7x/week, because that won't happen, and if I don't make my goal, I will be unhappy :( . I'd love to do 5x/week, but not the last weeks of the term... I looked back at the past 2 months, and on each I had walk about 460 min. So I tried to set a goal that was a little higher, knowing that the last month of the term is hard. 500 seemed like a nice round number, and should represent excerising a little over 4x/week. 3x so far this week!! I am hoping to beat it.

You sound so.... happy and grounded when you talk about horses. I am very allergic to them, so don't really know them well, but I think we all need something like that in our lives!

Ammi -- Go Go Go!!!! :carrot: Don't let that ex sabotage you. This is a big test, and everyday you don't let her get you, you pass that test! We all need to learn how to do this in spite of the crap life throws us.

Brenda -- WHOO HOO! on the bras! I have been doing a lot of shopping in my closet and it is a great feeling!!

So, I made another small change this morning. I have switched from 1% to skim milk!! I knew I wouldn't mind it in my coffee, but I was a little nervous about my cereal... when I was little we used that powdered milk stuff and it was always blue in the cereal and I hated it... but this was fine! I don't know if I can drink it "straight" yet, but I don't do that often anyway....

baby steps...

AmmiUK 11-05-2005 10:33 AM

Wyllen - No wonder you do so well losing the lbs with all your exercise, you certainly get a lot in every week. I look forward to when I can do daily exercise, and I am going to have my first attempt at starting at once or twice a week, proper exercising on Tuesday.

Thank you for your support over me not giving in to comfort eating because of the ex. I just don't understand why she can't leave us alone, I mean she did the dirty on Daren, had a 5 year affair and only ended up telling him about it in a temper. So she chose to leave the marriage, chose to kick out her daughter, the one that now lives with us. So why not just keep the heck away from us now. She must be having marital problems and decided if she's not happy she's not going to let us be happy. Well she won't win, I won't give her that satisfaction. We will deal with whatever she throws at us as and when it happens. Worrying about it isn't helping at all.

Oh you are so brave changing milk down to totally fat free. I am sorry, I will give up anything, but not my half fat milk (which by the way is called semi skimmed here). I remember days of old when I have tried that 'blue' milk in cereal, yuck, puke, vomit, :lol: If you can hack it then you need a medal :lol: Good luck when you try to drink it just as it comes, ooooh gross :lol:

Hugs,

futurediva 11-05-2005 10:51 AM

Hey ladies, im still here, but job schedule the past two weeks has been insane. anyway, looks like everyone is doing well, i am too :carrot:
Catherine: im looking for to hearing the verdict, best of luck to you and your future husband, i work in labor and delivery, and overwt women deliver here everyday:)
Ammi: sorry to hear the ex is causing you distress, there are so really unhappy people in the world, that like to cause trouble for others:(
Jilly, Julee, and others, glad to see your doing well. Julee, hope your fiance gets his phone fixed soon:)
Dogpal: hope you are well hun, i miss your post:(
Next saturday i leave for my cruise, i cant wait:) hopefully i can take some awesome pix.
Everyone have a great day and weekend:)

Heather 11-05-2005 12:09 PM

Ammi -- You are supposed to encourage me, not remind me that the milk is yucky!! :D :D

JuleeCeeS 11-05-2005 01:45 PM

Well..quite a bit to read there before I could post...where to begin?

Last night we had dinner with Jason's parents which was nice. BOY did he surprise me though...he actually told his mom in front of me that we went looking for rings...I was floored. They are so happy for us and we would up talking about wedding and engagement things and moving in most of the evening...which was fine. Jason has finally transitioned from "if you move in" to "when you move in" which makes me happy. His mom wants to host an engagement party when the time comes, so we will see how that all goes. Meanwhile I was good again...I decided a few months ago to basically give up red meat. I eat it so rarely that when I do it upsets my stomach and I really have to pay attention to what is and is not "Core" and how much I eat...so I just decided that I was done with it. So they had steaks and I brought my own marinated chicken breasts and all was well.

Then we went out to a bar for the 1st phase of our friend's birthday weekend bash. I got all cuted up because I like feeling good when I go out, specially when we're going to do Karaoke...so I put on a newer pair of jeans (slim fit, boot cut, low rise), a pair of black heels, a cute beaded tank top and a little jeans jacket. (I really dig wearing jeans and heels by the way...now that I can wear them both) So on the way out, I pass a few of my friends who are talking to the bouncer outside and HE tells me I look "lovely" tonight and asks my friend if she doesn't think so. MY! This guy has never given me the time of day before...I guess I looked cute.

Ahhh the issue of how much WW charges. It's one of those things that for some of us there is no reward without sacrifice. I don't mind spending the money and I just think of it as one less meal out per week. I actually buy 10 week passes so I don't have to spend $ every week when I go...although I do since I buy the oatmeal cups. Their stuff is patented "trade secrets"--that aren't so secret. A lot of the stuff you can get on the internet these days, but again...for me, paying the money and going to themeetings represents sacrifice and commitment...things I was never able to grasp before when I tried (half-heartedly) to lose weight. You can go to one meeting for free, but you cannot stay after for the orientation part where they actually explain the entire program. They have also changed their policy on charging people for absences. I think now that you can miss 3 and on the 4th you get charged. I have actually never missed altogether...if I cannot make it to my regular meeting I either go to a meeting at another center or just go there to weigh in. I'm even planning to go when I am home in Florida over Thanksgiving...jut to keep my schedule in place. Plus I think it will be a god incentive for me to not overdo it on Thanksgiving Day if I WI the day before.

Jason's phone got fixed...again...today. Hopefully this is the end of the saga and he won't have any further problems. He is still furious that he lost a whole day of work for nothing.

I am planning to enjoy this weekend..it will be the first in a long while that I do not actually have to work and I am going to enjoy the silence and the opportunity to be lazy...or do something of my own choosing.

Enjoy the weekend and relax!!!

princesspuffypants 11-05-2005 06:52 PM

ammi - LOL i call milk blue milk and red milk too :)

NoLifeWithoutHorses 11-05-2005 07:09 PM

Saturday stuff

HI ALL! :wave:
Hey, FUTUREDIVA! Good to see you peeking in! and just where have DOGPAL, SHADIE and the rest of you gone off too? We understand busy, we sure do! But good to see you posting!

Someone asked about measurements recently - I just started taking them because Curves does it for me - upper arm, thigh, hips, waist and I think bust. I can hardly wait to see those numbers dropping! We've been speaking of new/old clothes, too. I started as a 26 & was thrilled when I FINALLY got down to some of my old 24's, but all of them are actually different sizes. I tried one on yesterday that I STILL can't get up to my bum, much less over it! :dz: No matter. They'll fit someday... briefly :D

Wyllenn brought up how we choose our goals - I have goals like "wearing my wedding ring again" or being able to do a certain stretch with my foot staying on the floor where it's Supposed to. With my mini-goal I chose 19 pounds because that will put me @ 50 lost total. I didn't set a time limit because I always tend to miss those, then I get bummed out and lose sight of progress I HAVE made. With exercize goals, I guess I'd be better off actually defining them and writing them down. Right now I just wanna do 3x/wk @ Curves, plus cleaning stalls (Weds) and riding "whenever I can." When I get back on the truck I'll have to state a specific goal to answer to. Anyone else?? .... Also, Wyllenn, Thanks for the comment about being grounded in my horses. They aren't just my pets - they're my therapists, too. They do give me peace. and great joy.

Brenda, Hope you enjoyed George Jones! Is this the first time you've seen him?

Ammi, You have way worse "ex" problems than I do. She's really a :devil: :crazy: :tantrum: piece of work, isn't she? Daren must think he's died and gone to heaven with you after what she put him thru! Sounds like he's a patient man, too.

Sharon Voodoo, I'm surprised you knew about fell ponies but not friesians. I'd LOVE to have a fell, but over here they cost the same as a friesian, and they're far more rare. I've seen a couple at major horse expo's but that's it. They're GORGOUS, and I LOVE ponies, but since it took me 15 years to get Gabe, a Fell isn't too likely.
... It's horrible that there are :snooty: snotty people with horses who behave badly like the one you mentioned! Riding on the pavement!! It's hard on their joints AND more slippery & dangerous! That type is why so many hiking trails have been closed to riders who are inconsiderate. I love my boys and love to share them. Years ago I had a pony party business, and after I finished the block party I took the pony to a neighborhood where the kids had likely never seen a real horse or pony. I won't be riding Gabe until at least next summer, but when people want to see him, I will, indeed, enjoy sharing him.... Actually, I was even thinking that next year for Halloween I cold be the Headless Horseman - I was going to bring Gabe to the house to use for the bottom half of my "costume".

In the meantime, each day is precious and that has me kicked up in high "Burn-baby-burn" gear. I'll take it while I can get it - cardio, strength, cardio, strength.... :D :tread: :workout: :ebike: :wl: :dancer: :strong:
Know what's funny? I'm having cravings... but for protein - I've even made a couple late night raids on the fridge for a pork chop or some boiled chicken!

I did it again... ramble ramble ramble :blah:
Everybody, GO GO GO :cheer: GOVEMBER!

AmmiUK 11-05-2005 08:20 PM

Hi,

Well another day over, and another day with points to bank. I think I really did need that diet break to help me be totally committed again to being a WW angel :lol:

I am feeling proud of myself for getting back on track and not letting the problems with the ex drive me to food or drink. I had half a bottle of cointreau left from the birthdays and normally I would have gone straight for that to blot out the stress. But I have learned that comfort drinking, the same as comfort eating doesn't bring long term comfort. The damage both do especially when on a diet just isn't worth the few minutes of comfort that might bring. So I am staying strong and feeling good :carrot:

Futurediva - I hope you have a really fantastic time on the cruise, how long will you be away for, where will you be cruising too? I am so glad you are going to take lots of photos, I can't wait to see them.

Wyllen - oh sorry :lol: I forgot to mention how utterly delicious 'blue' milk is, yum yum, yum, give me give me (just call me Pinochio, woops my nose just hit the screen :lol: )

Julee - that is really wonderful that your boyfriend told his family about how you were looking for engagement rings together and about getting married and all. It's such an exciting time to be going through, and I am glad you get on so well with your future in laws.

Brilliant news too about you getting all dollied up for a night out and getting compliments from a guy, and a bouncer at that, who normally doesn't give you the time of day. It sure does boost the confidence a lot!! How did the Karaoke go, did you do lots of singing?? I quite enjoy belting out It's Raining Men, but only singing along to the song lol, I wouldn't dare do Karoke in public, it would be more like hari kari :lol:

Gosh, shows how long it has been since I went to WW. That's much better that they allow you three missed days before they charge you. I guess if you can afford to go in the first place then the incentive of losing weight and having to go to the classes is a good enough one to keep you going. My mum paid $600 20 years ago, to join a Weight loss place called Gloria Marshall. They gave her diet sheets, and they had all these machines that used to tone up the fat etc. Every time she thought of going off track she saw that $600 go down the drain, and it was her best incentive ever to keeping on track. That and she wanted to show my dad who she found out tried to get off with her best friend, that she could be slim and beautiful. She went from a size 24 to a size 16, but she didn't keep the weight off. It did help her confidence at a time that she really needed it though, so it was still money well spent.

Valerie - oh so you have a wicked ex to deal with too. I am not surprised that the one I deal with is worse though, it would take a lot to beat her antics. If you or anybody want to share wicked ex stories please do. Like being with fellow weight watchers it's nice to know I am not the only one to suffer an ex.

I don't mean to blow my own horn here (toot toot) :lol: but you are right about Daren being much happier in this marriage. His ex was always very flirty, and he never felt secure in the marriage. I know that feeling well from my first husband. I don't flirt, I don't even like pubs and clubs, so Daren does feel very secure now as I do with him. My ex made me feel ugly and like I would never find a man to love me, but he was wrong. I did find my soul mate and we are perfect for each other. Now if only we didn't have to deal with ex garbage everything would be even more perfect. Well it will have to get worse before it gets better, but I know in the end everything will be ok.

You talked about mini goals and how one of them is to have your wedding ring fit ok again. Have you reached that goal? I said that mine is to get under 300 lbs, but I think a goal before that which I didn't give much thought to is my watch to fit me again. It was a very expensive gift from my hubby two Christmases ago and I haven't been able to wear it for about 8 months. Getting back to wearing it would be lovely. I could get the band expanded but I would rather diet my way into it :lol:

That's funny how you said that it's weird how you are craving protein now. Normally I have a very sweet tooth but as soon as I start dieting it isn't sweet things I want, it's things like crisps (potato chips), toast, cheese sandwiches etc. It's really weird isn't it. My fave savoury thing now that I really love is mixed roasted seeds. They are high in points, but if I save enough I can give myself 50 gms of them. YUMMY!!! 1 point for every 10 gms.

I think that is an awesome idea to have your horse as part of your Halloween get up next week and you be the headless horseman/woman :lol: I bet if you could pull that off it would really thrill the kids. What have you dressed up as in the past?

Luan - I got your yahoo offline message and have you back on my list now properly now. I hope we get to chat soon.

Sharon - thanks for the chat today and listen to me go on and on about things. I forgot to ask you if you did the Richard Simmons DVD or not. Too busy yapping about my woes. OOOps :dizzy:

I am going to go to sleep now, or perhaps I will see if anybody is around for a chat first :lol:

Everybody take care and enjoy the rest of your weekend.

Hugs,

NoLifeWithoutHorses 11-05-2005 08:56 PM

Oops! JULEE! Fantastic that things are going so sweet with Jason! Awesome on looking SO FIIIIIINE! and great about you being so into your new WOL & eating. Isn't it amazing how hard it is to get started, but once you really get into it, it's hard to quit?

Hi PrincessPuffyPants! Hey to everybody I missed!