Old 10-13-2005, 04:55 PM   #1  

S/C/G: 329/tracker/168

Height: 5'6"

Default 300+ and Ready To Try Again...#770

300+ And Ready to Try Again...#770

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

WELCOME !!!

We are a group of individuals who weigh or have weighed 300+, or near there. This group was formed to provide a place for others like us to find support and hope. We are aware of the distinct problems that come with weighing over 300 lbs.

We want to invite everyone to join us in our journey.
We share laughter and tears.
We share what works for us and what doesn't.
We often use a "Topic of the Day" for discussion.

Motivational Monday
Tuesday Tips
Wednesday Wish List .. and What you are doing to obtain it.
Thankful Thursday
FUN Friday ... don't wait until you lose your weight.
Sit-up Saturdays - any physical activity
Share your Success Sunday

These are not required topics ...just ideas to share. We often find them very helpful. We also share heartaches and fears ... joys and celebrations.

We have several extra threads going on simutaneously such as Monthly Challenges, Weekly Weigh-ins, Recipes, Bios, and more. Please feel free to check them all out.

We have found this thread to be more than just a support group...
we have found it to become a home. We invite you to join us.

WELCOME!

I know you'll all agree that we are really thankful for the free services here at 3FC. The sisters offer all of this support and information with no charges to us. There are a couple of ways though that we can help out.

If you are thinking about buying anything at Amazon, why not help out 3FC at the same time? You can do this by clicking on the button for Amazon on any page in the forum, or by clicking on the button on the main 3FC page at www.3fatchicks.com . A portion of your purchase price will be given to 3FC by Amazon. It doesn't increase your price at all, but it does help out 3FC. You can use any of the Amazon.com links that you see on the site in order to help contribute to the site.

Also, BTW, in case you didn't know it, you can view the message boards "ad free" for a minimal charge. I think it's like $15 for 6 months. A very small investment to be rid of the annoying ads and make your pages load quicker.

There have been some concerns expressed by the powers that be about copyright infringement. So please, if you are directly quoting someone else or printing an article in whole or in part, please give credit where credit is due!!!!
AmmiUK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2005, 05:13 PM   #2  

Hello All,

Guess what?? I did it! I finally tried exercising to the Richard Simmons DVD, Disco Sweat. It's the first time I have done proper exercise since I first became ill in 2002!!! I thought I would just manage the one song, but no, I did two and a half!! Of course I looked stupid getting most of the moves wrong, but there were a couple of bits I did really well lol, remember the hitch hiker dance move lol, I did that. Plus to the song Shake Shake Shake, I had to shake my upper body, and that was fun LOL. I was worn out after the songs I did, but I thoroughly enjoyed it and felt so good to actually exercise. I wonder if I will be able to move tomorrow

Alison - You have done so fantastically well to have lost the weight you have already. As Andrea said you have gone past the half way mark to reaching your mini goal and that is brilliant. You have to perhaps not think about the end goal and just think of your first mini goal only. Just think how motivated you will feel if you think there are just 20 lbs to go until you get to goal. If you ever get chance to go on MSN I will be more than happy to try to get you motivated again. You CAN do this. Think of all the reasons why you want to lose weight and all of the things you can't do right now because of your size. That always helps me!!

Sharon - you are the same as me wanting to NOT weigh. You didn't say that you weighed on different scales when we chatted, so who knows, you might not have gained that lb if you were weighing on your own scales.

I am really proud of you for making the decision to get back on track with eating healthy and exercising tomorrow. I am sure if your stomach gives you a break that you will feel more inclined to stick to a healthy routine.

Well time to watch Extreme Makeover. I hope everybody is doing well, and keeping happy.

Hugs,

Ammi
Old 10-13-2005, 05:25 PM   #3  

Good afternoon, everyone!

I'm feeling kind of blah...I did go and get an exercise - balance ball a little while ago. I hope I don't pop it! My kids seem to be having a blast with it right now.

Ammi - Awesome! First time exercise since 2002? That's fantastic that you did it. Getting started is usually the hardest part. (for me, anyway)

Amanda - put the scales in the closet. I've done that before, and I'm going to have to again it looks like. I've weighed about 3 times today.
amylizmc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2005, 07:37 PM   #4  

GREAT job Ammi!!! You have movitated me now I have to get off this chair and go for it!!! Yea right! No really when I read this stuff I feel good about myself doing it too.
It seems my scale wants to play with me now it says I lost 2lbs I don't know to believe it or not but it definately put me in a good mood all day today. I want so bad to get this off but I have to start acting right and exercising! I feel best in the morning I might go walking in the mornings before work. Well ladies I have to go force myself to eat something I am feeling a little quesy right now.For the life of me I cannot get my scale to move down to show my starting.....then current....it's all bunched up how do you move your scale down

Last edited by rcruz; 10-13-2005 at 07:41 PM.
rcruz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2005, 07:52 PM   #5  
Oooo Silly Me!

Ammi – Less stress will come at the end of quarter lol… I’ve had migraines since the first day classes started. Ugh! Thanks for the congrats on my exam Congrats on that exercise!! I have Richard Simons Sweating with the Oldies heheheh it's definately a sweaty fun!

Amyliz – Thank you nice to meet you!

Andrea – Thank you and nice to meet you as well!

Xena – I’m about to fall over from school. I’ve been in school since I graduated high school in 94… I want out! I’m getting burned out, but I’m so close to at least graduating. Then just one more year of credentials. I can do it! *gulps*

Holy cow ladies!! It’s so good to see the thread moving again! But man! I can’t keep up with you all I didn’t do to much replying this time again, but I do what you to know I’m trying to keep up with you all and am going to try to chat regularly!

Take care everyone…. I got a midterm I need to be at heheh!

Smooches!
Sue…
SueMarie301 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2005, 11:09 PM   #6  

S/C/G: 295/225/back to Onederland

Height: 5'5"

Oh my goodness, disappear for a DAY and look what happens.

Ammi -- YAY! for you! for exercising!!! That's fantabulous!

BTW, I also met my husband on the net -- through the personals even! I do think I was more comfortable doing the "get to know you" thing without the weight issue staring him in the face, but I was up front about my size (course, I weighed less than 200 then... I have a long way to go to get there). Overall, I think I was in some ways MORE nervous than when he met me he wouldn't like me (no worries there)!. And I didn't start out with that idea in mind.

Nice to meet the new people -- I'm still pretty new too. Welcome! This is a great place, and we sure do talk a lot! Let's try to keep ourselves on plan. We KNOW we can do it, perhaps we have to keep wanting it...
Heather is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2005, 12:23 AM   #7  
banned

S/C/G: 322/ticker/165

Height: 5*7

Hey ladies. sorry i havent been here in a while. i didnt fall off the face of the universe, but i did off the wagon for a while. i will be returning to the gym this evening after a 3 week hiatus.. lol. how are things here?

Ammi - Glad to see you are doing well. you inspire me every day

everyone else - yay for doing so amazing. im scared to get back on that scale tonight. but it just has to be done.

*hugs to all*
Luan
princesspuffypants is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2005, 01:06 AM   #8  
I ate it

S/C/G: 312/cw/140

Height: 5'4"

Hi Ladies...

I've been AWOL for a little while. Things have ben hectic. But the good news is I'm still totally on track and the 2 most major Jewish holidays are behind me now. Amazingly I lost 7 lbs in the lsat 2 weeks...and these were 2 weeks full of a lot of dinners and stuff that is not my normal routine. Today was Yom Kippur, which is a total fast day. Now that I have gotten so into a routine of eating something every 3 hours or so and drinking as much water as I do, I was relaly worried about how it was going to go. It's a really long fast. Dinner lsat night was at 4:30 and I guess I finished eating around 5:45 pm. We didn't officially break the fast until 7:15 pm tonight. I had an awful headache yesterday from the air pressure and it woulnd't go away, so I actually left serviecs early last night and went to bed at 8:45 pm...woke up this morning at 9am..wow! I had some awful back pain this morning though and was a little shaky, so I ate the bare minimum (a banana and 16 oz of water) so I could take 3 advil and my vitamins and stuff. I was so amazed...when my diet is not reliant on processed and refined foods I can go pretty far on one banana. I'm not planning to try this approach again any time soon, but when 7:15 rollaed around and I was able to pop a couple of rice crackers into my motuh, I wasn't dying. The bag of apple slices was wonderful though and the huge bottle of water that I grabbed at the store on the way to our break-the-fast dinner was divine.

I was talking to someone else at the dinner tonight who also does WW Core (like me) and her group leader (who is also mine but I haven't seen mine in 2 weeks) told them to be sure to drink plenty of water before the fast and right after...and then to enjoy the break-the-fast meal, not to go crazy but also not to bother trying to count...and start over tomororow. So that I shall do! I actually did pretty well though...passed up on all the sweets (except for 1 homebaked chocolate chip cookie...whch was soooooooooo worth it) and also a lot of the other really processed and starchy stuff. Tomorrow is a new day and I am prepared!

Sorry I haven't been writing so much...there just has been no time and some nights I have been so exhausted and emotionally overwrought that I have not wanted to talk to anyone in any form at all.

Be well..
JuleeCeeS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2005, 09:42 AM   #9  

JULEE -- Way to go with the 7 pounds lost!!!!

Well this morning was my weigh in and I am down another 3 pounds. That means I am a 1/2 pound over my goal for the week. Only 7 more pounds to lose by my mini goal of November 5th. It feels so good to get to change my ticker thing. Hope everyone has a great Friday and a great weekend!!

Andrea

Last edited by AndreaS30; 10-14-2005 at 09:45 AM.
AndreaS30 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2005, 10:00 AM   #10  
Shairing her ESH...

S/C/G: 350/321/TBD

Ammi: Great job! Dontcha LOVE Richard?? I know he can be excitable, but he is motivating!

Amy: Let me know how the balance ball goes--I might get my own!!

Rhonda: just change the number in your ticker--it should move down!

Sue: Good luck with midterms!

Wyllen: I met my boyfriend on the internet too!

Princess: How did the gym go? I gotta get off my bum and get moving!!

Julee and Andrea: GREAT JOB on the loss!!

Me: TGIF!!!! I'm up a couple of pounds due to overindulgence last night, but it is back on plan and drinking water like it's out of style!!
Jen415 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2005, 10:17 AM   #11  

Hello All,

Ow, ooh, ouch, and mummy In case you haven't gathered I am really sore today after my exercising. My legs are the worst, but that's no surprise seeing as I had muscle taken from them both in January. I don't know if muscle grows back or how it works, but whatever I exercised in there it is complaining now So I won't be doing any today, but will definitely do some more next week. I will aim for twice a week to start with. Anything is better than nothing isn't it!!

Amy - thanks for your enthusiasm over me exercising again. It did feel pretty amazing finally being able to give it a go. I hope you had as much fun on your exercise ball as your kids were having when you wrote your last post. I think I would be like you though, worried about popping the thing

rcruz - if we have to believe our scales when they lie and say we have gained weight when we don't deserve to, then we can believe them when they say we have lost extra weight too. So you enjoy your loss!! I am glad you are thinking of walking for exercise, do you have somewhere nice around there to walk? Here it is just dirty busy roads lined with houses and businesses. It's really boring walking around here so I can't be motivated. I try to walk to the shops if the weather permits, but I couldn't walk for pleasure unless I had a gorgeous park to walk through or something. I am going to send you a PM telling you how to move your scales down ok.

Sue Marie - I am guessing that this place used to be pretty quiet before. It makes me smile to realise that it's up and running again and at such a good pace that it's shocking some of you. I love it here and hope things never peter off.

That's great that you have Sweating with the Oldies. I saw that, but I love Disco, so chose the one I got. Another one I saw which I might still get for those days when I am not feeling too well, is the one where you sit down and exercise. Before now I couldn't have even attempted it because of where my wound is, but as it's improving and is less painful I can sit for a bit longer now before I start to get aches and pains.

Wyllen - thanks for the congrats on exercising, I am still trying to get over it myself, and my aches and pains remind me every time I move that I did do it

Hey I met my hubby through online personals as well. I don't know if I am allowed to put which one here, so I won't lol. But it's one where the men have to pay to contact the lady, but the ladies post their messages for free. The company choose 3 compatiable ladies for the guy a week and send them their profiles, and mine was one that was sent to Daren. And the rest as they say is history

Luan - I am sorry that you fell off the wagon. When I didn't see you here for a while I wondered if that was what had happened. But hoped it was just that you had found new work and was too busy to write. Anyway, you are back up on the wagon again, and I hope you see those lbs coming off again really soon.

Julee - wow that is amazing you lost 7 lbs despite all those meals you have been eating out. You must be doing something right that's for sure. I am also glad to hear that the fasting wasn't as bad as you thought it might be. I was worried there for a bit that you would end up passing out or something. It all went good though, so well done you!!!

Andrea - woohoo that's brilliant that you had a 3 lb loss and that you are half a lb over your goal for the week. It's wonderful when you do better than what you plan for. You must be so thrilled. Keep this up and you will definitely make that November goal

I have to go now, time to change and write the shopping list. We are off to ASDA when the kids get home from school. What fun, NOT, lol. I can see me now hobbling around the store with my leg muscles screaming, stop, go home, lie down, Anyway, take care all and have a great weekend.

Hugs,

Ammi
Old 10-14-2005, 10:20 AM   #12  

Jen - you must have posted just after me Yes Richard is very motivating, and I don't care how people make fun of how he is, it works for me and a lot of others wouldn't you agree!! I am proud to possess a DVD of his

Sorry to hear you had a gain but hey you only ate that stuff last night, so one good trip to the loo and half of that will be gone And you are getting back on track too, so by the next time you are due to weigh I bet those gained lbs will be gone.

Hugs,

Ammi
Old 10-14-2005, 12:26 PM   #13  

Ammi -- It is great that you exercised....GREAT JOB!!! I am sorry you are in some pain but maybe try to look at it as good pain.

I am just cleaning and doing some laundry...My hubby took off work today so we are taking our son to the pumpkin patch this afternoon. I know last year they had hot dogs, popcorn and these big caramel apples....We will eat lunch before we go so I won't have to worry about temptation...I have been doing very well at other functions where there weren't healthy choices and I didn't give in so I am sure I will be fine today.
AndreaS30 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2005, 02:06 PM   #14  

Good Afternoon everyone!

Andrea: Yay for the 3 1/2 pounds!

I haven't tried the balance ball yet, but I will soon. I totally went off my plan last night...to the tune of a quarter pounder and fries! That's ok, though, I'm back on track today and I'm not really beating myself up over it too much. I did a pretty intense walk on the treadmill yesterday and all afternoon my heels were hurting. Today I stayed the heck off the treadmill and stuck to the bike and elliptical. I feel much better. I think I'll stick to alternating days with the treadmill. I'd stay off it all together, but I really want to be able to run soon.

How is everyone else?
amylizmc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2005, 07:08 PM   #15  
I ate it

S/C/G: 312/cw/140

Height: 5'4"

WOOT!!! Who bought 2 pairs of size 18 pants???? (and went down a full shoe size...and 2 ring sizes...OMG!)

Had to share with someone...thanks for listening. happy weekend!!!!
JuleeCeeS is offline   Reply With Quote