3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community

3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/)
-   300+ Club (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/300-club-124/)
-   -   Old Hens - 40+ And Ready To Lose - Vol. 6 (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/300-club/62881-old-hens-40-ready-lose-vol-6-a.html)

Terri in MO 08-04-2005 09:21 PM

Old Hens - 40+ And Ready To Lose - Vol. 6

This thread is a sub-set of the 300+ thread.

This group is for those dealing with the challenges of having a significant amount of weight to lose and being fit which becomes harder after 40. If you're an old or new friend and not over 40 and feel this is the place to post, jump right in.

Terri in MO 08-04-2005 09:28 PM

Hi ladies,

Not much happening around here tonight. I took a night off from the horses so its been nice to be at home. I hope to get to walk the dog here soon if its not raining.

I've been trying to get a few things on Ebay to see if I can sell them. That is time consuming. I've got some wedding stuff that I want to finally get listed. Not like I'm ever going to wear it again or have a daughter to wear it.

I survived day two of non-moron behavior. I've journalled and made healthy choices. I did get my tomatoes and cantaloupe packed for lunch so that was my afternoon grazing. Dinner tonight was baked chicken, tomatoes, and small corn on the cobs.

Mary - I'm sorry to see that DH did not get the job. {{{hugs}}}}

Ruth - Woohoo on the remod winding down. Peaches! Love 'em and haven't had any this summer. Yep, yuck on the okra. Doesn't even LOOK appetizing.

Susie - :bravo: on the loss. Is that a result of surgery or changing food habits? Keep working at it!! I'm glad to see that you're feeling better too except for the heartburn.

Leanne - Sometimes just changing focus takes the pressure off which makes it easier for the healthy habits to feel more natural. It also takes away alot of the desperation, guilt, anxiety, etc that we have over what we eat and what the darn scale shows. You're doing great at getting back into the exercise. Good job on the healthy habits and healthy shopping!

Tina - How did the exercise go? Good for you for making it such a priority. Setting a good example for us all! Your weekend really sucked. Your poor DH!

Michelle - :wave: My mantra to find the comfort food urge is to "quit being a moron". How's that for positive self talk. :lol: Seems to be working! :D

Kim - Feeling any better? I know several people who've had nasty colds/sinus infections. Odd to have them when its been so hot out isn't it? Hope you're feeling better soon. :drill: No more whiney butt Burger King! Hey, did I ever say :bravo: for 30 pounds gone? Good job!

Lilion - How's your week been - better foodwise? I don't think its a copout to remove yourself from redlight food situations. Why set yourself up for potential sabotage? I don't see anything wrong with choosing a different atmosphere that will more ensure your success. That feeling of having to eat it all (for me its all at once) is very powerful. How does that get started for so many people? But that was a good observation you made.

Catherine - You're quiet this week. How's the water exercise going?

Judy - Hope your DSL gets fixed soon, Miss you!

Thin - Did you make three days of good OP? It does feel good to be making the healthy decisions. I haven't seen anything about movies lately - whose in Must Love Dogs? I must be spending too much time with the horses to not see TV.

Barb.G - I don't know what to say about your mom other than to offer prayers and hugs. I've never been through a family member having cancer.
Try to keep your spirits up and your stress down as that has such a terrible impact on your SJS. :grouphug:

I think that gets me caught up for now.

bobsgal 08-04-2005 10:51 PM

Hey ladies! Sorry I popped in and then disappeared again. I've been trying to get everything together for our vacation which might not happen now. We rent a house down the shore every year. Our neighbors here own it. We were supposed to leave on Sat, but we just found out tonight that they are having electrical problems and everything needs to be replaced due to corrosion. If they can get a permit, it can possibly get fixed this weekend and we might be able to go on Mon or Tues. If not, we are screwed. I am so bummed. I was really looking forward to getting away. I'm hoping we can salvage at least part of the week. Sorry to ramble here. Congrats to all who are doing well. I'll talk to you all later.
Steph

Iwillbe 08-05-2005 07:05 AM

Good morning chickies, Things are going well here, how about with all of you?

Terri, I wish I could send you some of these peaches over the internet, they are soooo good right now, big and juicy! Yummy! I am tyring to make sure that I eat all of my fruit and veggies and having the fresh fruit makes it easy.

bobsgal, enjoy your vacation! Wouldn't mind going on another myself.

Well, that is everyone on this thread, boy that was easy. :lol: I will be back after all of you chicks are awake and posting. Chin up! Iwillbe...Ruth :wave:

CatherineM 08-05-2005 11:49 AM

Sorry I've been so quiet, I've got a Canadian on the brain, and he seems to be occupying most of my focus. Food has been okay, when I have trouble it is that I'm not eating enough. Exercise is the same. I seem to do a little better in the pool each time. I'm not finishing last everytime, and sometimes I even finish first on some laps. Generally, I am so happy, that I have gone a bit goofy. It has made me feel a decade younger and a hundred pounds lighter.

Iwillbe 08-05-2005 11:59 AM

Catherine

:cp: :bravo: :flame: Way to go Catherine! Love is in the air, how wonderful for you. I hope everything works out with your Canadian. :crossed: Iwillbe...Ruth

Lilion 08-05-2005 01:35 PM

Good Afternoon Ladies!

I feel I need to offer an apology. I've spent this entire week, starting with last weekend, whining about how badly I've eaten. I tell everyone else I am more worried about a lifesyle change than losing weight. Clearly, that is a lie. I very much want to lose weight. I want to look better than I have in years and not be ashamed for my DH to see me naked. I want to weigh what my driver's license says. I also tell everyone else not to worry about overeating. That makes me a hypocrite as well. I feel very badly because I know that many of you stress and sweat and starve for every pound. I obsess over not being OP all week and, come WI day...I lost 2 lbs.

While I attribute that entirely to the substantial increase in exercise this week, I still feel like an ***. :o So please accept my apologies for wasting everyone's time this week moaning about my food intake. I resolve to obsess over it much less. At least in writing.:sorry:

DoxieMom 08-05-2005 04:40 PM

Good afternoon ladies! I hope all is well with you all. Although I can't say I'm feeling better physically, I have atleast got my butt back in gear and have stayed OP the last two days. I finally called the doctor on Wednesday and he called me in a script of antibiotics - 875 milligrams twice a day. So the up side is they really upset my stomach (even with food) and I definitely have no cravings for any rich unhealthy food. I'll go WI tomorrow morning and pay the price for my downfall.

Lilion - Girl, no apology needed. We have all been there and I for one, have expressed myself in that exact same way right here in this forum. That's what we're here for. We're all either in the same boat, or have definitely been there-done that, so don't even worry about it. I too want to look better than I do. I too want to be "thin" and healthy. Although after 18 years of marriage, I can say I have no qualms about being naked in front of my hubby. After this long, he's definitely seen it all in its abundance of glory!! You're doing great - just keep it up! Oh, and big congrats on the loss!

Barbg - I have never lost a parent or close family member, but I did lose a very close friend to brain cancer in January, after a long battle that exceed the doctor's initial longevity range. All I can say is be there with her and enjoy the time you do have with her. You'll remain in my prayers.

Catherine - You just tickle me pink!! I love hearing you go mushy about your Canadian! I love my hubby with every fiber of my being, but after 18 years of marriage, there isn't a whole lot of mush anymore! You enjoy all that mush and enjoy yourself!

Teri - I so envy you and your horses. I grew up with them, but haven't ridden in years. They are such magnificent animals. The weather here has been great. I can't wait to get home tonight and take the fur babies (and son) for a nice long walk. Good for you for staying on track. As far as the WW snacks go, I also eat them. The carrot cakes are my personal favorite and I have ONE everyday after lunch. My secret is I don't bring the whole package to work. I bring just one a day, whether its the carrot cake or one of the Whitman's chocolates. This way, I only have one, but it satisfies that sweet tooth craving after lunch. I also love those WW 2 point bars for an afternoon snack. The Chewey Oatmeal Raisin and the Peanut Butter Chocolate Chip are my favorites. You will eventually get it worked out and still be able to enjoy just one snack.

bobsgal - Hi, don't know if I've introduced myself yet. Look forward to getting to know you!

Ruth - Your "chipper" attitude rubs off! I really appreciated it the last few days, as I needed it!! Glad things are going well for you and hope they continue.

Thin and QueenB - Where have you ladies been??? We miss you.

Okay ladies, I think that catches me up. Hope everyone has a wonderful and OP weekend. - Kim

thinthinker 08-06-2005 01:49 AM

It be almost 2:00 AM so this will be short and sweet. Hi all! :wave:

Susie, this one's for you, girl!
:balloons:Happy Birthday to YOU!
Happy Birthday to YOU! :hb:
:gift:Happy Birthday, dear Susie!
Happy Birthday to YOU!!! :balloons:
Hope you have a wonderful day!

j-ann 08-06-2005 07:58 AM

Mornin' Ladies,

Slept late ....til 7:15 AM :lol:

Now I'm going to have a quick bite and head out to do my errands. People and critters gotta eat so it's off to BJ's, Petsmart and the grocery store!

It's an absolutely lovely morning and I'm going to enjoy it.

ttly,

DoxieMom 08-06-2005 11:43 AM

Happy Weekend ladies!! We are having such unexpected wonderful weather here in the midwest. Although my head still feels like it weighs ten pounds, I am still enjoying getting out there and walking in the evening. My son and the fur babies went with me last night for a 45 minute walk and it was great. Well, I also had a really "bad choices" week, as you all know, but I managed to lose 2.2 more pounds this week, for a total of 32.6. I really think its the medication I'm on. Since it is intended to dry my sinus infection up, its also drying out my body, so I think its dried up any and all excess water I've carried around. All I've done is drink and "expel" over and over. So, there's always an upside to things!!

Lilion - Big congrats on the two pounds!!!!
Susie - HAPPY, HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!! :hb: :balloons:

Hope everyone has a great weekend. - Kim

Terri in MO 08-06-2005 04:53 PM

Happy Birthday Susie!!

hippygoddess 08-06-2005 05:42 PM

Happy birthday Susie!!!

BarbPA 08-06-2005 08:19 PM

:hb: HAPPY BIRTHDAY SUSIE!!! :hb:

May all your wishes and dreams come true this year!!!

Love ya!
Barb

:hb: :cb: :hb: :cb: :hb: :cb:

ageoldie 08-06-2005 08:52 PM

http://host.picturewizard.com/2004-1...bdaycolors.gif
Susie, this is for you!!!

BarbG