Old 08-10-2005, 09:31 AM   #31  

Smile

Good Morning Ladies!

Well, the bids to replace the 35 year old HVAC system have commenced. I was shocked - $6000+ was the Sears bid. I really didn't realize it would be this expensive! Not happy, not happy at all! We've also been taking bids on some minor repair work on the exterior and painting of the exterior. The house is mostly brick, but it has siding on the front and of course theres the eves. We've had bids ranging from $700 to $2500 on that. I expect the cheaper guy really won't do a good job, but who knows? I hate this kind of thing and I really hate spending money. I keep trying to talk DH into just having the repairs done and then doing the painting ourselves. I know we could get a couple of friends to help. I don't know why he won't listen to me on this. We may not be pro's, but we can use a paint brush and I certianly know what needs primed and what doesn't and it'll only cost us paint! Men!

Did really well on food yesterday but didn't manage to exercise. We had the Sears guy there until after 8 p.m. and while he was there a painting guy showed up and another called on the phone! By the time we got rid of everyone and got some dinner we were beat and it was getting dark and was still hot, so no walking for us. Tonight is Y night though, so I know I'll work out tonight. Just have to remeber to buy a day pass for my son's friend so they can use the pool while we're working out.

Well ladies, must run. Got much to do today and hopefully I'll get some actual work done at work!

Onward and Downward!
Lilion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2005, 11:01 PM   #32  

S/C/G: 278/267.2/180

Height: 5'7"

Stop! Do not post here! Join us on the next volume!
Terri in MO is offline   Reply With Quote