Old 07-29-2005, 09:00 PM   #16  
You and Me in 2003

DH said the interview went well. Maybe he will get hired.
Grannie39074 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2005, 09:21 PM   #17  
Leanne

Doncha just love -that= time of the month? I have had PMS so badly for the last week and I have been just eating and eating - not good! And of course everything else has to go wrong at the same time - car problems (again), daughter getting an infection in her blood, lost a work contract, washing machine broke down (again) .. and a myriad of other things.
So today I'm back on the proverbial wagon (again) - eating well so far and hoping to get some exercise done later even though its Saturday here.

Catherine, I'm so glad you are so happy about this man in your life. Sounds like you have some more big changes coming up!

Tina - WOW! You are doing so well - congrats! Sounds like your new attitude is just wonderful.

Mary - hope that your DH gets the job! *fingers and toes and everything else crossed for you*

Welcome sexyacura! I'm sure you will find support and friendship here to lose those 80 pounds

I know that's not everyone, but I have 4 kids here asking me to take them various places - got to love being a taxi on weekends!

Have a great night/day chicks,

Leanne
hippygoddess is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2005, 05:09 AM   #18  

Hello All, thought I had better get on here and let you know I am still kicking! If I don't go completely bonkers before this renovation is done I will be soooo surprised! It is one big headache after the other.

First of all I think the painter wants an outrageous amount of money to do the bathroom and dressing area, plus the fact that he charged me 20 backs an hour to remove the wallpaper, which I had not planned on doing until they messed it up putting in new vanity tops. Arggggh! All in all this has been one expensive undertaking. Now someone tell me why I am letting myself in for more misery when they start on my kitchen! Sorry guys just needed to vent. I can't vent to hubby cause he didn't want to have it done to start with. ( I talked him into it.

The pressure is about to drive me to eat, but so far I have managed to stay clear of the fridge. I felt like opening the door and just sitting in front of the fridge and eating everything in sight. I am not sure what that would have accomplished other than putting the 2 lbs that I know I lost right back where they were. Don't you think it is strange that when you lose weight you lose where you least need to, but when you gain it goes straight to the problem area. For me that is the old backside and hip area.

I haven't spent much time on the computer, but I try to read what is up with all of you daily. Enjoy your weekend and OP to all....Iwillbe....Ruth
Iwillbe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2005, 08:07 AM   #19  
I'm on my way!

Good morning you old HENS! LOL I love the feel of this thread! I feel like I'm home again! With so many new faces so quick I got lost and couldn't keep up! I guess that comes with old age, eh?

Anyways! Tina you are such an inspiration! When I lost my 97 lbs I let myself have anything I wanted for dinner once a week on WI (not Wisconsin) night! Sometimes it was mcdonalds, chinese food whatever! But that was my reward and it gave me something to look forward to each week and kept me on track the rest of the week. If I saw a commercial for something good I would plan to try it on thursday night because that was the only day I would let myself indulge. We all just have to find what works for us and as you can see you found yours!! Congratulations chick...you are on your way!! And..Charlotte...not sure how far away that is...I think its like 3-4 hours away. But if you get me an address to where you will be and a date I will put it in mapquest and see if I can get there then! THat would be so much fun!!

Thin...I made my mom and dad laugh at the restaurant last week when I asked them are y'all ready now! What i was really saying is are you all ready to go? Andrew says a couple of words with that southern drawl but not alot yet! The funniest thing with him is he repeats everything! Andrew spilled something on the table and John's auto response was J.C. Well of course Andrew now goes around saying J.C. just like John said it...I told him that wasn't nice to say Jesus' name like that, we could say gees louise instead...now he goes around saying Jesus Louise! Oy! And yes, I am still at the Chiropractor's office I started last december right after we moved down here. I love it there but I can't afford to pay $220 a month for my health insurance. So I have been looking for something closer to home.

Steph its great to see you again too! Hope you had a great time in AC!

Mary fingers crossed for your husband's job!

Barbpa...how is little Charlie doing? Andrew just yelled "THats Charlie" when I was scrolling down!

Teri...my boss is on vacation next week too...only she's not really the wicked witch...we complain about her doing nothing all day but thats not a lie! LOL...she is a good person though!

Well y'all...I need to get my rear in gear and get my house cleaned up. My parents just moved down here last month and we are doing a father's day dinner since we didn't do anything in June since they were packing and moving and stuff. I am doing babyback ribs on the grill, baked sweet potatos, corn on the cob and salad! Yum can't wait! Then after dinner we invited two of our neighbors over for drinks. My dad loves to come to my house and hang out with the neighbors. We all congregate on the front porch during the week. But with everyone at the same time we will use the humungo party deck by the pool!! So....enough babbling! I'll catch up to y'all later and please if I didnt' post individual to you this time...don't be offended...I will get back in the groove and catch everyone eventually!

TTFN Michelle

Hey, where is 2Cute? Come out come out wherever you are!!
MichelleK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2005, 09:40 AM   #20  
Hang In There

You chicks know I've never been good on replies, but I do read and think about all of you

Thin, did you ever get the wedding dress up on ebay? I've been trying for three weeks to get some stuff listed, maybe today will be the day.

Tina: I think I need to print your paragraph about the scales and read it often.

The good news is that I've lost 3 pounds this week. None of it's virgin fat, but at least it's gone. Also I went to the health club twice last week, Thursday and Friday.

I've been feeling lousy, I'm having a flare of my SjS but it's not suprising. Both stress and being over tired tend to bring it on, and I haven't been sleeping well at all since Mom went into the hospital.

Hope everyone has a great weekend.

Barb.g
ageoldie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2005, 09:55 AM   #21  
You and Me in 2003

Good morning all I am here at work this morning. I'd rather be at home in bed I can't seem to get enough rest lately. Food is terrible maybe I will get back on track soon. I'll try to get in here more often.
Old 07-30-2005, 11:45 AM   #22  
Michigan Old-Timer

Good morning, good morning, good morning! At least I can say that for another 45 minutes or so.

As you all know (since I was here), I got a late start to the day yesterday. I finally made it out to the theatre in the afternoon, like 2:00 PM. I was able to catch bits and pieces of Must Love Dogs. It was really cute and I'm sure I'll want to see the whole thing eventually.

I found another woman out there carrying a notepad and we stopped and talked to each other. She actually is working for another company that I've worked for in the past. For a number of reasons I don't do much for them anymore, but dang, woman, you're on MY turf. She's only been "shopping" for 3 months so she wasn't smart enough to know what not to say to me. I got all the info I needed to now go and snatch the jobs that are at the same theatre as I already do and double dip (she was doing trailers for the same movies I was!!!). Why get paid once, when you can get paid twice for doing one job.

Last night I made a Lean Cuisine Skillet Dinner. I added some extra grilled chicken (it never seems like they put enough in) and some extra veggies. I buy those big bags of stir fry veggies from Costco and add several handfulls to those dinner when I make them. It makes a bigger portion without adding alot of extra calories.

Honey and #1 Son are starting a big project today. We redid our family room some years ago because when we moved in it was dark panelling. Being we live in a quad, the family room is half underground and so the windows are long but not very tall and the dark panelling just made the room sooooo dark. So some years ago we painted the panelling and put some paintable wallpaper on the top half. Well, immediately after the wallpaper was painted it started bubbling on the wall. Now everytime it's humid, the paper bulges even more. We realize that we'll never be able to sell the house with the family room looking like this so we went and found some "printed" panelling. It looks like off white, sort of striped wallpaper, but it's panelling. So Honey and #1 Son are prepping the walls to go and see if this is what we want to do. The only alternative for fixing it would be to drywall the whole thing and that would be a MAJOR project!

Mary: I sure hope Peter gets that job. My fingers and toes are crossed for him. Being out of work is NO fun and jobs are hard to come by.

BarbG: CONGRATS on the 3 pounds! Virgin Fat or not, it's 3 pounds. I have a long way to go before I hit Virgin Fat, but I'm ever so thankful for even the littlest bit closer I get to it. "the wedding dress on eBay" NO, I still have not listed it. I haven't even photographed it. I tried the other day to get some stuff listed but it wouldn't take my pictures. Said they were corrupted. Don't know what that's all about but it was a good excuse not to do anything else.

Michelle: Oh, I hear you on the insurance payment. Luckily Honey and I don't have that problem, but #1 Son does. His company doesn't pay for insurance, heck, they don't even offer a group plan that he could buy into. He had to go out on his own and get insurance as an individual. He pays like $260 for just a single guy. It's outrageous!!!! Hope you find something else soon. *It's amazing what little ones pick up. Looks like John needs to figure out how to hold his tongue. Andrew may start repeating alot of what you all don't want to hear.

Ruth: Good for you keeping that 2 pounds at bay!!! Don't give in to the evil fridge! I hear you on the "projects" and I agree, since YOU talked hubby into getting this stuff done, I think I wouldn't complain too much either. YIKES! I love how when contractors make mistakes (ie, wallpaper) they charge you to fix it back up. I had the same thing happen in my 1/2 bath, the contractor messed up the wallpaper and I didn't even get an apology. I wouldn't pay him to take it down though, we did it ourselves, but boy was I fuming!

Leanne: I'm so sorry you're having so much trouble. I hate it when things just start mounting up and there seems to be no end in sight. Have fun playing "taxi". I remember those days, although I only had it times 2.

Well, girls, the scale is looking good. Food has been better. I AM going to get my night at the jacuzzi hotel.

I hate to leave just yet, but I have to run an errand for the "boys". I'll see ya later. Love ya bunches!

"We are what we repeatedly do. Excellance, then, is not an act, but a habit." - Aristotle
thinthinker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2005, 11:58 AM   #23  
Progress..not perfection

Talking

Hey guys!!!

I have been SO trying to get caught up on the thread and these crazy phones are ringing off the hook, so quite obviously... I'm not going to get anything done.

Dh has to work tonight too, so he won't be home to monopolize all my time, so I'm going to hop back in here tonight and try to catch up on all these awesome posts!!

I do want to say really quickly though......Hello Steph!! It's great to see you!!!

I hope all my friends here have a wonderful day and I'll see you tonight!!
QueenB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2005, 06:31 PM   #24  
BELIEVE!

Hello Hens!
I hope you are all having a wonderful Saturday! It's been ok here....slept in, lounged around a bit then we had to go to a friend's house for a Tupperware thingy (not really a party, sort of an open house), then DH picked the lunch spot - it was a buffet and I didn't like it at all so I didn't overeat! Then Costco and back home. Traffic was so bad that it took us all afternoon. Now we are back home and staying in for the night.

Michelle - Charlee is good! That's so funny that Andrew remembers her and recognizes the picture. She's spoiled rotten as always! I've missed you - it's so good to be back here together!

Barbg - Sorry you've not been feeling well. I hope things look up!

Lilion - Great Job going to the Y! My membership has been a waste lately. I want/need to get back there! WOOHOO On the loss!!!

Sexyacura - Hello!

Mary - Fingers and toes are crossed for DH!

Hello to all the rest of my buddies...time for me to run.

Hugs!
Barb
BarbPA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2005, 08:55 PM   #25  
Hang In There

Yeah!!! It has taken me all day, but I got 3 items listed on EBAY. Cross your fingers and hope they sell. If they do, I've got lots more to list, but if they don't it way too much work!!!

Barbg
ageoldie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2005, 09:52 PM   #26  

Smile

Good Evening Ladies!

Well, it's late and I'm tired, but thought I'd post a bit. I'm a bit depressed, because I just added up my daily points and I'm way over-I'd say at least 10 over! Darn it all, I was going to be extra good this week because of Outback yesterday. But today we helped some friends move and spent the day pretty much just eating sandwiches (low fat bread, cheese and lunchmeat - but still!) When I got home I ate left-over Alice Springs Chicken (8 pts!) with - unfortunately, two big pieces of garlic bread. Then there was chips, etc and it all just added up too high I guess. Well, back to the drawing board tomorrow....When I'll be at the In-Laws for a family get-together! DARN! More Food!

Thank Goodness I got some exercise today. I'll have to be extra dilligent about the Y this week!

Thin: I love those Lean Cuisine skillet things. We always add a breast too though - and extra veggies. But they are still pretty convenient. Wish we could figure out what to do with our family room. It sounds a lot like yours...we have a split foyer house with the FR down and it's all dark paneling. We also had the industrial dropped ceiling, complete with floressant lights...but we put recessed lighting in. Looks a lot better, but now it's even darker. DH has a thing for wood, but I'd like to get rid of the paneling.

Ah well, that was more than I intended to talk about. Sorry, but I'm beat from the moving today. Hope you ladies all have a great rest of the weekend and I'll try to catch up more later.
Lilion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2005, 01:32 AM   #27  
Progress..not perfection

Whew! Am I pooped! Trey and I just finished the 3 mile WATP and I am drenched! OH YEAH!! Did I tell you guys that Trey has started doing the program with me?!! And, he is doing so good!! He is watching his points and exercising when I do! I love him so much, but I have always worried about his health with him being heavy and it's so hard to tell him no without offending him. If you say, "Honey, I think you've had enough," it always leads to an outcry of "You think I'm fat, don't you?" He is so very sensitive about his weight. And the hard thing is too, that I can't always monitor what he's eating. I mean, I make everyone else eat the same type of dinner that I'm eating, but during the day... when I'm at work, Lord only knows what he eats. He's also been known to get up in the middle of the night and eat too... I mean, I can do all I can do.. but no Mom can see what their child does 24/7, you know?

Anyways... I think he finally sees (through me) that it can be done and it is inspiring him to try too. We were walking tonight and Leslie was talking about how nice it was to have a "buddy" to walk with you and I looked over at him and said, "Yeah, it's nice to have my buddy walking with me," and he said, "Yeah, I like walking with MY buddy too." Then, after we were finished, he said that he really liked the fact that he and I were doing this together... I think it means alot.

Oh yeah, back to what I was saying in an earlier post.... the thing that has made the biggest difference this time (other than weighing in every two weeks) is my frame of thinking. The word GUILT (or more than a word - maybe more of a feeling) is no longer in my vocabulary. Guilt is a horrible, horrible thing and it can and will destroy you. In the past, everything with me was either black or white. You were either OP or you weren't. Period. All foods were either labeled as "bad" or "good". If I ate good foods, then I was good. If I ate "bad" foods, then I was bad. Unfortunately, the eating of one "bad" food could lead into several "bad" days and before I knew it, I'd gained back all I'd lost and then some. It was such a viscious cycle. A friend said to me the other day that the hardest lesson she ever learned was to forgive herself. She said that she really used to beat herself up for eating "bad" foods, but now... if she wants Hershey kisses, she eats them. She might say, "Oh crap... I goofed up." But she forgives herself and moves on.

The way I look at it now is different. I don't think we should have to forgive ourselves, because in truth... we're not doing anything WRONG. If you look at eating a piece of cheesecake as "wrong" then you become "wrong" and you become a "failure" because you have no willpower. But the fact is, eating a piece of cheesecake is part of life. You just don't have to have 3 pieces. AND... you don't have to have 3 a day. If you want a piece, have a piece and move on. I have finally learned that there is nothing you can eat in one day that will destroy a new healthy lifestyle. If I want to take one day and eat some nachos at one of my favorite restaurants, I do. I don't eat enough to make myself sick, I just eat what I want. The very next meal.... I am back to making healthier choices. I never stop exercising. I never stop drinking my water. You just keep going, that's all. There's never so much damage done that you can't fix it.

Geez... where did all that come from?

Can you tell I'm much happier?

Ok, let's see if we can get onto some replies!!

Thin: Yay on the talk with hubby!! It's always better when you have a loved one or friend doing it with you and with a possible jacuzzi romp as a prize, it's a win-win situation!! Also, great news on the bp!! Mine's going down too!

Terri: I have to say I am SO jealous of you. I love it when you talk about your horses. I think they are absolutely beautiful animals and would love to have one of my own, but can't because I live in a subdivision. One day.... maybe.

Judy: I have never been to a dog show before and I would LOVE to go to one. We always watch them when they're on tv. Do you know anyone that's competing or are you just going for fun. I always have a harder time when I travel, so I'm sending you {{stay strong & OP vibes}}!! Good job on the 1 pt. packs and fruit in the cooler!

Steph: Once again... it is frickin AWESOME to see you back. I've really missed you and so glad to see a post from you. Please come back more often, I'm sure we've got lots to talk about!!!

Lilion: Congrats on the 3 lb. loss!! You are really kicking those pounds to the curb! AND... I *so* know what it's like to be the fattest person in the room. It makes you feel so self-conscious. BUT... on the upside, you could also be sitting at home, getting fatter... right? I know that didn't sound right and I hope you took it in the spirit that I meant it. What I was meaning to say, is that regardless of whether you were the biggest person there or not, the point is... you WERE there! Working out, sweating, doing what you have to do to get the job done!! I am VERY proud of you!!! Everytime I feel like a big fat slug as I watch all the "little bitties" exercising with Leslie Sansone, I just feel blessed to remember that I may outweigh them by numerous pounds, BUT... I am keeping up with them! So BOOYAA for me! And BOOYAA for you too!!

Mary: It's so good to see you too, sweetie!! And yes, Mr. Stewart has been doing pretty good, huh? I can watch him climb those fences all day long!! P.S. I will say a prayer for your hubby that he gets hired and all goes well for you.

Leanne:
Quote:
Doncha just love -that= time of the month? I have had PMS so badly for the last week and I have been just eating and eating - not good! And of course everything else has to go wrong at the same time - car problems (again), daughter getting an infection in her blood, lost a work contract, washing machine broke down (again) .. and a myriad of other things.
You know, I know EXACTLY how you feel... when it rains, it pours. Last week, I had several bad days.... 5 in fact. How I came out of it with a 4.2 lb. loss, I'll never know. BUUUUT, the point that I wanted to get across to you is that I had so much going on and was so stressed out, that it majorly affected my eating and THEN, I sat down and thought about it and realized that everything that was happening in my life, I had no control over. I couldn't stop my TOM. I couldn't make the agrivating person on second shift go away. I couldn't help the fact that I had a flat tire. BUT... the one thing I could control, was what went into my mouth. THAT, (pardon the pun) was a hard thing for me to swallow. All the things that I couldn't do anything about, I just had to let go of and hope for the best and the one thing I could control, I took control of and it made me feel alot better. Good job for getting back OP. I know you can do it!!

Ruth: I'm sorry you're having such a hard time with the painters/wallpapering and stuff. That kind of stuff can drive you crazy. Thank God I just make dh do everything like that and I can just yell at him if he doesn't do it right. I'm proud of you though for not turning to food. Keep up the good work!!

Michelle: Just have to tell you again how awesome it is to see you!!! I will definitely get you the addy of where our hotel is and maybe we can meet somewhere in the middle!! I just have to see you now that you are much closer to me!!

Ageoldie: (Barb)
Quote:
Tina: I think I need to print your paragraph about the scales and read it often.
Thank you so much for saying that... but it is so very true. I can't tell you the times I have been so thrilled because I got into something I hadn't been able to wear in years and then because the scale said I had only lost .2 when I thought it should have been more, all my successes just went away. I say let's have a whole lot more NSVs!! NON SCALE VICTORIES!!!

Ok, I am now officially talked out, believe it or not.

In the time it has taken me to type this, Trey has come in here at least 15 times (ok, maybe 9) and said, "Mooommmm... I thought we were going to watch a mooovie!!" You know, in that really irritating whine that makes you want to pull out his tongue and hit him over the head with it?

So, on that note.... since there is no race on this weekend and I'm in the pits of despair, I will hop off here and go watch "Man of the House" with my son and hope it will lift my spirits.

All you lovely, lovely hens have a wonderful night!!!
QueenB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2005, 05:33 AM   #28  

Talking

Good morning "Hens", How are all of you this Sunday morning?

Thin, How hard was it to paint the paneling in your den? I have Lillions den! sunken, high ceilings, dark oak paneling, narrow windows. It is so dark in there! When we bought the house it had heavy drapes with a cornice board taking up about a third of the window. Those went right away. I had lived in a house with a lot of light...very bright, so this darkness doesn't suit me at all. I have been thinking about painting the paneling, but I am a little intimadated.

Barbg, I have missed selling on Ebay. That used to be my hobby, sort of. When they messed with the postage, I threw up my hands and quit. It was too big a hassle to figure out the postage from here to there. It strained my poor little old brain. How is it now? Have people quit complaining about the postage prices yet?

Lillion, ditto what I said to Thin, I have that dark den, or FR as they are referred to now. Maybe you can talk DH into giving up the wood, or at least paint it? I know it would make our place much brighter. You are doing so well with your weight lose, maybe the sandwiches etc. won't cause major damage, sometimes it helps to eat more for a day, seems to encourage more weight lose when you jump back on plan. Strange isn't it?

Mary, I will be keeping my fingers crossed for the DH to get the job, and a little prayer wouldn't hurt!

Leanne, sounds as if you are having some of my days, stress!!!! I sure hope your daughter will be all right. Hope thing are looking better today.

Michelle, I think maybe I gained ten lbs. just reading your menu! babyback ribs, sweet potato, corn on the cob, Yummy!! Sounds so good. Food, why does the stuff have to be fattening!

Tina, great pictures, The picture tells all doesn't it? What kind of races? Car? I am a fan of nascar racing myself. I think it is fantatic that you and your son are doing the program together. Reminds me of my youngest daughter and myself some years ago. She went on WW with me, or so I thought, but she confessed much later that she had cheated every time I left her alone in the house! I don't know how, but she lost down to 111 lbs even while cheating. Why can't I do that?

BarbPa, How is it going? I think I have about filled everyone in on how it is going here. Those darn exercise machines aren't any good if you don't use them are they....UGH! I hate exercise, how about you?

Hey BOBSGAL, drop in more often.

Hello sexyacura, hope you will drop in often also.

J-ann, What kind of dog do you show? Have I missed that somewhere, or have you said before? Geez, I am getting where I don't remember everything I read. (old hen would explain that maybe?)

Terri, How was the boat ride? That should have been very relaxing. I haven't been out on the boat in ages. I miss it! Do you just relax ride, or do you fish? We were fishermen, love it!

Well, I think that is everyone, or I hope so, cause I would feel terrible if I missed someone. It is never intentional. Have a wonderful Sunday. Iwillbe....Ruth

Last edited by Iwillbe; 07-31-2005 at 05:36 AM.
Iwillbe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2005, 07:13 PM   #29  
You and Me in 2003

Where is everyone. It rained some here today. DH was baptised today.
Old 07-31-2005, 07:59 PM   #30  
Michigan Old-Timer

Do NOT post here. Please follow us to Old Hens - 40+ and Ready to Lose - Vol. 5. See you there!
thinthinker is offline   Reply With Quote