3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community

3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/)
-   300+ Club (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/300-club-124/)
-   -   300+ And Ready To Try Again... #742 (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/300-club/61643-300-ready-try-again-742-a.html)

jillybean720 07-18-2005 06:16 AM

300+ And Ready To Try Again... #742

WELCOME !!!

We are a group of individuals who weigh or have weighed 300+, or near there. This group was formed to provide a place for others like us to find support and hope. We are aware of the distinct problems that come with weighing over 300 lbs.

We want to invite everyone to join us in our journey.
We share laughter and tears.
We share what works for us and what doesn't.
We often use a "Topic of the Day" for discussion.

Motivational Monday
Tuesday Tips
Wednesday Wish List .. and What you are doing to obtain it.
Thankful Thursday
FUN Friday ... don't wait until you lose your weight.
Sit-up Saturdays - any physical activity
Share your Success Sunday

These are not required topics ...just ideas to share. We often find them very helpful. We also share heartaches and fears ... joys and celebrations.

We have several extra threads going on simutaneously such as Monthly Challenges, Weekly Weigh-ins, Recipes, Bios, and more. Please feel free to check them all out.

We have found this thread to be more than just a support group...
we have found it to become a home. We invite you to join us.

jillybean720 07-18-2005 06:22 AM

Good morning, chickies! I hope everyone had a great weekend! I would like to reiterate what so many on here have already said--Catherine, you are such an inspiration! You have plowed right over so many milestones and continued on, and your wealth of knowledge has been nothing short of a godsend to many of us here. Promise us that when you've reached your goal, you won't leave us! :D

How's that for Motivational Monday? I can honestly say that I get plenty of motivation on these boards just by looking at other people's tickers and reading about their experiences. I see how some people have lost 30+ pounds since joining in March or April, and then I see that I have lost less than that and joined way back in January! That helps motivate me to get my butt in gear. After all, I know I can do it; it's just a matter of applying what I know and sticking to it!

BamaMom 07-18-2005 08:39 AM

Monday, Monday....

Good morning Chicks!

I hope everyone had a great weekend! After a Friday afternoon of feeling sorry for myself, I went home and found my sister grilling zuchinni, squash, mushrooms and chicken. It was a DELICIOUS dinner....low points...chock FULL of veggies and she gave me a good ol' talking to. :dz:

So, Saturday and Sunday found me in the pool in the afternoon AND walking in the evening and staying OP with my eating. I may not be able to weigh on the scale yet, but I FEEL so much better today! It's a great feeling to have my motivation come from MYSELF! It's been a long time since I could say that.

Hope everyone has a great Monday and a great week!!!

Dogpal - Reading that you found your dad's dog made my day. Miracles still do happen, don't they?

CatherineM 07-18-2005 11:53 AM

Here's a motivation for everyone. I met a new woman in water aerobics today. Her teenage daughter had encouraged her to come so that she wouldn't end up like her mother did. This woman's mother died recently. She was only 55, and so large, that they had to send to Kansas for a casket large enough. It took 8 pall bearers. I saw a show about that company. They make one wide enought to fit a car. Funeral homes call them, and give them the weight and circumference, and length of the body. They keep the body in the cooler until the casket can get shipped. The water aerobics instructor asked me to keep close to her in deep water, because the woman can't swim. She put one of those buoyancy belts on and dog paddled like crazy, like she was swimming to save her life. And she was, we all are.

Lilion 07-18-2005 02:42 PM

Good Afternoon Ladies!

Well, another day another dollar. Back to work today with a better attitude. Here's hoping they don't tick me off. :p In the spirit of cooperation, I decided today that, if my bosses are going to change how we do things, I'll try to get them to improve them, rather than screw them up worse. So I spent part of my morning drafting suggested judgments for them to look at. It appears I am the only person in this office who ever practiced law in the "real world" including the bosses. So maybe they'll listen about this one little thing. At least I tried. :shrug:

I know it's possible to have an artificial increase in weight...like showing a gain because you are retaining water, or because of TOM, or because you did something different, like weigh at the wrong time of day or need to pee or forgot to take off your shoes. But, is it possible to show an artifical decrease? I ask because I was at the Dr. today for a BP check and stepped on the scale and showed another 3 lb loss since Friday. I don't know how that's even remotely possible and there is no way I'm putting that on my slider. I'll weigh again Friday and do it right. But isn't that weird? :?:

Adjusted my dressmaker's dummy down this weekend! :D I had to dial all the little dials down and remove the padding (well, part of it) from it's butt! For those who don't know, dressforms have NO butt at all. In order to make skirts hang right, I've had to "build a butt" on mine. :p But now it's smaller! I went from a 49 inch chest to a 46, from a 44 inch waist to a 42 and from 56 inch hips to 52! I was quite pleased. I'm really looking forward to making something new for the SCA. But many types of medieval clothes are so form-fitting that I'm worried to make anything too nice too soon for fear that I won't be able to wear them this winter. Got rid of a bunch of stuff this weekend - too big! :D

BamaMom: Hope those good vibes last you all week long! :goodvibes

Dogpal: I am so glad you found your dad's dog! Your post was just so sweet! What a good daughter you are to keep looking like that! ((hug))

SueMarie: :bravo: on your loss! Two more pounds gone forever!

BrandNewMe: Good to see you back again! Don't you worry, that water weight will come right back off! Wedding Bells! How exciting for you! Keep us informed so we can live vicariously thru you. I loved being a bride - both times! My first wedding was great - it was just the marriage that stunk! :lol:

ExtrinsicRapture: You keep popping in, but you don't say much! Hope all is going well with you! :D

Catherine! I'm so happy to hear the plateau has been breached! :bravo:

Well ladies, I ended up with a late lunch and not much done before, so I best get to it, before it gets to me! Sorry if I missed anyone, which I'm quite sure I did. But I'll catch ya next time! Hope everyone has a happy, healthy OP day! :wave:

BIGGIRL27 07-18-2005 02:59 PM

HELLO :wave: everyone!

Just a quick hello! Glad the vibes are so positive on here - YaY! we're doing well... Catherine, of course I must agree with everyone else. Sometimes the stories you tell trick me into thinking I'm reading a book - and I've read loads of books. I'm so glad that scale is moving in the right direction too!

Dogpal, your Daddy sounds awesome - like a dream - I didn't really grow up with my dad and I've 'cut him off' about nine years ago. I don't really get sad about it, but I truly treasure the beautiful relationships my friends have with their dads! I'm glad you have this bond in your life.

We are in a strange moving ****/bliss moment right now. I'm absolutely exhausted but excitement keeps me from crawling into the bed for the night (where the hubby is right now... mmm hm.)! Our flat is an absolute mess and I'm completely focused on getting this crap in boxes just so that I could unpack them across town :lol3: Diet and exercise are OK at the mo - although something is wrong with the fridge and our salad stuff keeps going bad... so it's been steamed veg! OK, the boxes are calling... and I've still got to get in my 30+ for the day!! :strong:

Love you all... Good night! (or Good afternoon to my American comerades) :wave:

DoxieMom 07-18-2005 03:20 PM

Hi ladies! I'm back!!! Life has just been so hectic the last two weeks it's really blown everything way off track. The hubby works at Ford and they are always down the first two weeks in July. As much as I hate him working nights, I have learned these last two weeks that I am such a creature of habit that having him home in the evenings has thrown my "routine" to hades and back! I haven't been to WW for a weigh in in two weeks. I haven't binged or anything, but definitely have not been tracking and following plan like I should have been. We haven't walked in over a week because of all of the painting and remodeling, but he goes back to work tonight, my son's finally home, and we're not only walking tonight, by golly we're going to play badminton too! (After I zip up to Barnes and Noble and pick up the new HP book I reserved two weeks ago!).

My son came home Saturday night, and we finally got the finishing touches done around 4:30 Saturday afternoon! We rearranged the furniture to give him much more space than he had before. My skateboard shelves turned out GREAT and he loved them! I bought a skateboard grip tape with Element on it (the brand of skateboard he likes) and put it on his wall with sticky tape in place of a banner and it went over great! We bought an area rug that matches the walls, new sheets, comforter, boom box and went all out and bought him his own phone for his room! He was bowled over and it was a great reunion!

Lilion - I didn't have time to get to B&N to get my copy of the new HP, and am so excited to get it and start reading it. I'm sure it's just as good as the others. I'm right there with you - I just love Harry and the gang! Also, congrats on making your dummy smaller!

Xena - Have you ever thought about joining Al-Anon? It's a group for family members of alcoholics. I understand your pain. My father was an alcoholic throughout my entire childhood and early aldulthood. He finally quit drinking about 11 years ago. My older sister and I always got the brunt of it, and to this day, I know that is how my emotional and comfort food habits began. Only after I joined our Church and accepted God, was I finally able to let go of all the hostilty and resentment that I didn't even realize I was carrying around from growing up in that environment. Hang in there and PM me if you ever need an ear!

Dogpal - I am so happy you found Whiskers! What a great pick-me-up happy ending. I know your dad and Whiskers both are grateful to you!

Catherine - Again, I will reiterate what everyone else said - you are a warm, wonderful and inspiring woman. I don't think you realize how very much myself, and others here, admire you. Even when I'm "skimming" the posts on busy days, I have to stop and read yours all the way through because I know they are going to be chock-full of such good info! Keep up the good work! Just think, you are "going where no 'woman' has ever gone."

Welcome to all newbies that I have been too busy to personally welcome.

CONGRATS to all the losers!

I hope to have more time this week to get back into my daily posts, so wishing everyone has a great week. - Kim

SueMarie301 07-18-2005 09:22 PM

Dogpal – I’m so glad you were able to find your father’s dog!

Hippievanlady – How interesting. I met a lady in my water aerobics class who decided to come because her father had just passed away from a heart attack. He too was overweight to the point where he could not walk. What a coincidence! She mentioned she was here last year on and off with the water aerobics class and had lost about 30lbs. She stopped coming, and unfortunately It took a bad experience to motivate her to come back.

Lilion – Just remember, it’s always possible that your doctors office scale might be slightly off from your home scale. It’s always best to use the same scale if possible. I even went so far as to draw an outline of my feet with magic marker on m scale :lol: I noticed that where I stand can make a difference too on what the scale says. So I did the magic marker outline in hopes to try to get a somewhat accurate reading each time I get on the scale. I’m silly I know hehehe…

I went to water aerobics today. I looked at my diet program that I use to keep track of my calories…. It told me that 20 minutes of water aerobics can burn 213 calories. I did 40 mintues for water aerobics today. That seems like so much burnt off for such a little amount of exercise. Or at least it seemed like little amount… so instead of 40 minutes I put in 30 minutes just to kinda keep a buffer. I dunno I guess I’m strange like that.

It was a really HOT day today. We hit 103. Thank goodness it didn’t get as high as they had predicted… 107+ Unless I missed that while in class :lol: but my car’s temperature center told me it was 103 outside. It’s pretty accurate…. Icky feeling tho, humid and hot.

I have a quiz tudy for… I shall catch everyone later…

Sue…

CatherineM 07-18-2005 10:50 PM

I have an off subject question to ask, and if anyone has anything to offer, they can PM me. I have virtually no real experience with men, for a variety of reasons I won't go into. Those of you who are married, how did you know that he was the one? What were you willing to give up in order to be with him? I feel like I am trying to solve a riddle that is written in Chinese, and I realized that I just didn't have the tools to figure it out without some help. I'm too embarassed to ask my friends, and you guys are safe. Thanks

Lilion 07-18-2005 11:44 PM

Good Evening Ladies!

Well, we went to the movies tonight and I probably gained all 3 of those pounds on buttered popcorn! I actually feel quite ill now. :barf: Back to good eating tomorrow, too late now, just time to go to bed and feel yucky.

SueMarie: Actually, I never use my home scale for WI. I step on it occasionally, but the Dr. scale is the only one I count and it was the one Friday and the one today. Even the same scale - they have 2 side by side, but I only weigh on the one on the right. And I always attempt to wear the same basic weight of clothing. And I always remove my shoes, no matter how heavy or light they may be. And I always weigh after breakfast, but before lunch. Not that I'm anal or anything! :lol:

Catherine: I'm afraid I'd be a poor choice to ask about giving things up for love. I had a horrible 1st marriage and was so gun-shy that was terrified to get married again. I gave up NOTHING for my poor husband because I gave up so much-and lost so much-to my ex. I was determined I would NOT tell him I loved him first - he had to tell me first or it would never have been said. I wouldn't move from my apartment - he had to move in with me. I insisted I have full control of the checkbook and bill paying. The man must REALLY love me. How he put up with it all I'll never know. :o But how I knew? I just knew. I remember thinking "marry me", like I was trying to get the idea thru to him by ESP. I just couldn't imagine my life five years from then without him in it. And, strange to say, it was what scared me most. I fear getting old, because I'm terrified that he'll die and I'll have to live without him. And at this point, I really don't think there's much I wouldn't do to be with him. Trust me on this, you'll just know.

Well, it is getting late and I best hit the hay. Later ladies!

JuleeCeeS 07-18-2005 11:50 PM

I've been away for a few days and tried to catch up on the postings this morning...I probably missed a few details so I'll go back and read them later.

I was in a bit of a funk before we left because I posted another gain last Wednesday. OK...for the 2 weeks it's only .5 lbs..and one week was TOM, but I had been eating so well, drinking loads of water, and exercising every day by walking for 30-45 minutes. I was more than a little frustrated when I hit the scales.

This weekend, Jason and I went to San Diego for the Comic-Con. He has gone every year for as long as he remembers and I thought it was a good time for me to go with him to get a better understanding of why it's all so important to him. I really had a great time and did SO much walking. The SD Convention Center is MASSIVE and we also did a bit of walking around town too...fortunately the weather was great. However, the walking has paid off, because Jason kept complaining about how sore his legs were and I felt fine the whole time...although I have had some neck and shoulder pains lately. Hopefully they will resolve themselves soon.

There were probably 100,000 people at the Con..which was incredible. Lots of people dress up in all manner of costumes...which is not my scene at all but it was impressive the amount of work some people put into it. This is really an anything goes type event.

Thankfully we had a refrigerator in the room and we brought food with us so we always had snacks on hand and breakfast in the morning...which made a huge difference and saved us money...although we still ate lunch and dinner out every day.

Today Jason took the day off, which was great and we went and saw Charlie and the Chocolate Factory. VERY different from the original but true to the book. I'm not sure yet how I feel about it but it was cool enough.

Just made a nice dinner of oven roated herbed potatoes and some baked salmon with rosemary, garlic and lemon. Now I have to unpack and find space for the new books I got.

I was so exhausted last night though...we decided to go out even after the long weekend...and I was just so exhausted and one little thing set me off and I couldn't let go of it. I finally had an emotional collapse and we left...at which point I curled up in bed and cried. I think I freaked out Jason a little bit. On top of that I have recently become very self-conscious about my body...even though I have lost weight since we first met. He has no problems with my body but my body issues are many and varied these days and I'm making myself mental. I need to get a grip.

Meanwhile...I hope I can ask a favor of you all...I spoke to my friend Ed last night who told me that his dear wife Julie Pelleteri is currently in the Critical Care Unit on a respirator due to bacterial pneumonia caused by a terrible staph infection in her arm. We are all hoping for the best, but the doctors are not being optimistic...they said that it's 50/50 right now...and those are not betting odds. At best they are expecting her to be hospitalized for a month and then on a home regimen of IV antibiotics for 6 more months at least. Please include her in your prayers that she may have a full and speedy recovery and please also pray for Ed that he may gain the strength he needs in these fragile times. Just a note...Ed is a bouncer at the bar that we go to on Sundays...he is a big biker guy (but such a tedy bear) and to see him break down last night was truly heart-wrenching. He feels so utterly helpless and powerless. He and his wife are truly lovely people and they do not deserve this kind of trauma.

Lilion...the scales are deceptive between WI's. I only trust my WW scale and I only WI on my assigned night. I have seen such mixed results mid week...so I don't trust them...both increases and decreases. If I try to weigh myself in between, I drive myself nuts with what the scale says.

Other than that...all is staus quo here. Time to wash the dinner dishes and unpack the bags. Have a good week and stay strong.

thinthinker 07-19-2005 12:09 AM

Catherine: Honey and I have been together 34 years, married 29. We were high school sweethearts. And I gave up NOTHING for him. As a matter of fact, when he would leave my mom and dad's at night after an evening, there were occasions when my mother would say "how can you treat him like that?" I just told her that "I would rather he knows what he's getting before we marry than to be surprised afterwards. I'm not going to sugar coat it for him." And like Lillion said, "you'll just know".

SueMarie301 07-19-2005 01:34 AM

Lilion – heheh nah not anal! I weight in at home… butt naked, in the morning, before any food or water. This way I know I don’t have any factors that will change things. If I forgot to weigh in and then get into shower. I won’t weigh in at all. Cause then I soak up 10 gazillion gallons of water and then at will just throw everything off… so… nah yer not anal ;)

Hippievanlady - I didn’t give up nothing for James either. Okie, well… I did bite my tongue a few times. I’m half thai and half Italian, so I got a spicy temper. When he met my mom she warned him that he was getting himself into trouble, because I was a pain in the ……... rear end. But, I already warned him so maybe he was the one that gave up something? We’ve been together 7 years. How did I know he was the one… Honestly, when we first met, I wasn’t looking for a relationship. I had just broken up with my previous b/f about 6 months prior to meeting him and I was on the “All men SUCK” phase. We just hung out. We went to a few get togethers that friends had, and it went from there. Kinda like good friends. When I finally felt that he was the one… I suffered from depression a lot… he knew how to make me feel better, take my mind off things. He also accepted me for who I am. Meaning all 350+lbs of me. Course when I met him I was 245lbs… but he accepted me for who I was. It’s really hard to say tho, what really clicked and made me decide…. 7 years later, he still makes me feel like a queen. OOhh.. and right now, he’s playing with Heidi, my itty bitty teacup Chihuahua and he’s just baby talking her and giving her kisses… it’s moments like that , that really makes me just giddy. But I agree with Lilion and Thinthinker… “You’ll just know” Trust us…

Julee – your friend has my prayers!

Sue…

Terri in MO 07-19-2005 08:26 AM

Just a quick note. I am starting a new sub-group of the 300+ forum. I am calling it Old Hens - 40+. This is to give some of us older friends a place to post and support each other while dealing with trying to lose weight and battle the over 40 challenges. It isn't to cause any problems with the group but rather give us more opportunities for the personal support some of us are missing. Feel free to join me.

Sorry for making this so brief but I'm late for getting ready for work. :o

Lilion 07-19-2005 09:25 AM

Oh, Catherine-one more thing. You'll also know if it isn't right and whatever you do - listen to your gut! I married husband #1 with doubts. I strongly believe it was the biggest error you can make. (Now, I wouldn't change it for the world, because if I hadn't married him and had my son I wouldn't have ever moved to the apt. I lived in where I met my best friend who introduced me to my wonderful husband - who in no way is #2! But still, two years of pain is an awful price to pay.)

I know there are other single ladies here and so I'm posting this instead of PMing it. My final words on the subject of men. This is just my opinion - other's may differ:

A man should talk to you. A man should be able to be with you and not talk without the silence being awkward. My best friend dated my husband before she introduced me to him. She dumped him because he was "boring". Exciting is overrated. Just thinking about my husband fills me with a sense of peace and happiness and safety. He never frightens me. He never worries me. He never gives me reason for jealosy. And he never disapoints me when it matters. Not that we never get put out at one another. He is a man after all, and they can all be a different species at time.

I spent two years looking forward to going home to my home, child and husband. I was disapointed every day for two years. DH has let me down exactly once, when our anniversary was a bit of a bust. But that is the only time. Unless the bad is very outweighed the good - run!