Old 07-03-2005, 03:39 PM   #16  
CrAzY GiRl on a mission!

S/C/G: 307/307/150

Good Day ladies~
Sorry I do not post as often as I should....I am horrible with it lately. I used to post up to 3 times a day and would spend hours upon hours on 3FC...now, I am lucky to remember to check in once a week after weigh in.

Busy Busy these days with work and re-connecting with old friends, just doing my thing and trying to keep my head on straight! I miss you all and hope all is well.

Happy 4th of July to all of you, even our out of country buddies...heck, its just a fun day regardless of what country you are in. But I suppose it is much more fun here in the states.

Anyhoot....off to work on a project for work (on a Sunday no less).
synn1977 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2005, 06:01 PM   #17  

S/C/G: 306/261/160

Height: 5ft. 5.5 in

Happy Birthday Terri!

Hey Guys I found this neat site. Check it out I hope this works
I'm not very computer smart!

http://www.riversongs.net/Flash/4july.html

Check with all later-----Hilta

Last edited by hilta; 07-03-2005 at 06:08 PM.
hilta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2005, 07:42 PM   #18  
learning to live

S/C/G: 443/270/200

Height: 5'0"

Hi ladies! Not much time here, so I'm not going to do individual replies until after the holiday is over. Just wanted to wish everyone a great weekend & holiday!
brandnewme is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2005, 03:43 AM   #19  
Ima bundle *' emotion

Yes well I'm still here. BigGirl (Tammara), it is your turn to write. I figured you forgot LOL.

Anyways, I didnt get into the sorority (well rather I wasnt invited to pledge, to be technical but same s---). When I wrote you gals about it I already had that feeling so I'm not that sad about it right now. I was honest and answered all questions to the best of my ability. You can't be anyone but you right? Aside from everything else, my dorm room is in an absolute clutter. I would love to get rid of some stuff to feel some peace of mind although I'll only be here a month longer. I have nothing really planned for 7/4 other than reading an article for class tuesday. and maybe trying to straighten up (gosh my room's so embarassing lol).

I think I have a case of the lazies.

~Rosie~

Last edited by Extrinsic Rapture; 07-04-2005 at 06:42 PM. Reason: to change color and add stuff lol
Extrinsic Rapture is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2005, 08:05 AM   #20  

Talking Happy 4th!

Just wanted to say hi and happy 4th!

I spent all day cooking yesterday. Not for the holiday, but because people gave us a load of zucchini and other vegetables. I made veggie lasagna, zucchini au gratin (turned out good), etc. My freezer is full. Hopefully I will lose a pound from being on my feet all day (I spent about 8 hours in the kitchen). My left knee is killing me though. I think it's in shock!

My husband is working today so I've got the holiday all by myself. I might go out later in the day and poke around the store or something. I need to find a nice water bottle anyway. I started the Kashi diet program yesterday. Wish me luck. (The doctor basically told me that it didn't matter what method I used to get the weight off, as long as I get it off ~ I'm in a critical place with my blood sugar now.)

Tansea ~ Desitin!!! Desitin is our friend. It is kind of goopy, but you will NOT be uncomfortable at all. It also is really good on burns (I found all this out when I used to babysit my nephews and tried it ~ I'm one of those people who reads labels). It's the best thing I have found, ever.

Catherine ~ I guess it's good you need to adjust your BP meds again. I'm glad you didn't hit anything important when you fell!

Have a good day, everyone!
Tashabella is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2005, 09:04 AM   #21  
bookdragon

Well Ladies just stopped by to wish everyone a happy fourth. I am working out my notice at my old job during the night and training at my new job during the day. I am exhausted but have managed to stay op diet wise at least.

Well HAPPY FOURTH!!!

AngieB

Last edited by AngieB; 07-04-2005 at 09:15 AM.
AngieB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2005, 12:01 PM   #22  
Michigan Old-Timer

Just popping to wish everyone a Happy
Fourth of July!!!
Gotta love those little flag-wavers!

I hope everyone has a wonderful holiday. And those of you not in the USA, have a party on us anyway.
thinthinker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2005, 01:34 PM   #23  

S/C/G: 306/261/160

Height: 5ft. 5.5 in

HAPPY 4TH EVERYONE
HAVE A SAFE AND ENJOYABLE
DAY.
http://www.riversongs.net/days/skyfire.html

Hilta
hilta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2005, 02:27 PM   #24  
DoxieMomx2

Well ladies, I wish you all a very happy 4th of July!! I had WI on Saturday a.m. and are you ready for this... drumroll please... IT FINALLY MOVED DOWN!!! I lost 4.4 pounds, for a total of 25.4 pounds. I am so happy it finally moved. My WW leader was right, I ate more points (food) and lost weight! I know it's all that walking and badminton I'm playing!!

I need to run, going to my parents' house (about 45 minute drive) to spend the 4th with them and take advantage of their wonderul hot tub!

Have a great holiday and I will hopefully post later in the week!
DoxieMom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2005, 02:57 PM   #25  
Gotta lose half of me!

Thumbs up Hi everyone!

Hi there! I'm new too, but this group sounds so encouraging and supportive. I just had to add my 2cents in and wish everyone a Happy 4th of July!

I just had a long talk with my best friend, and we were talking about the power of talking to yourself like you would talk to your friend. You would NEVER say mean things to your friend like you do to yourself. You would never put them down for stuff like you do yourself. So...the name of the game is treating yourself nicely and being your own best friend and advocate.

The conversation was so inspiring, I just wanted to throw that out there.

I hope everyone has a safe celebration. I, for one, am staying home tonight and hopefully will catch fireworks in the sky somewhere around my house!

Can't wait to read more posts!!! I look forward to getting to know you all!
Clarinette is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2005, 04:05 PM   #26  
Pending Email Confirmation

Hello People, I do hope your all enjoying your 4th July celebrations....

I am having a stressful day here, my mum got sick with Shingles... whoops oh dear, her immune system is low anyway because she is a renal paitent so I am playing nurse to get her feeling better.... the downside, I don't recall and neither does my mum me having Chicken Pox as a child which means I stand a big chance of getting it over the coming days / week... be just my luck I'll wake on on my birthday on Friday full of spots...

Hope everyone is keeping well and happy!
Mazarin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2005, 04:58 PM   #27  

Talking

Happy Independence Day Ladies!

Well, the weekend was okay. Didn't get my whole jammie day though. The in-laws called brought DS home a day early. Don't get me wrong, I love my boy to pieces, but I love time alone with DH as well. But it was still a nice, do-nothing, relaxing day. And DH and I did have Friday night and Saturday, although Saturday was a long, expensive day filled with grocery and necessaries shopping. DS would have HATED it.

We had breakfast/lunch out at Country Kitchen Sat. morning. I had their veggie omlet, minus the onions and peppers and + ham, made with egg beaters. I just love a restaurant that bends over backwards to fix things the way you want. It was delicious and OP!

Speaking of OP, I weighted this morning and was at 279.5 on the home scale. It is just barely possible that I made that 4th of July goal. I think I'll weigh in tomorrow at the Dr. and see. I just want to see that slider on the 7's.

Mazarin, Clarinette: Welcome ladies! I'm sure you'll like it here. Everyone is really, really nice and supportive. Mazarin, I feel for your mom, shingles is no fun, I had a roommate who had it years ago. Hope you don't come down with spots.

Doxiemom: I knew you could do it!!!

Tashabella: I love zucchini! I just don't know enough recipes for it. I had skillet zucchini day before yesterday, and yesterday, and today!

Catherine: Glad you are okay, with nothing bruised but the ego! I can't wait though, until I can cut back on my BP meds - I hope. So far it's just fine, not too low, not too high!

Ladies, I know I missed a bunch of you and I'm sorry, but I've got to run. Take care and have a happy, healthy OP day!!!
Lilion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2005, 09:56 PM   #28  

Hello and Happy Independance Day!
So far this week has been pretty good for me emotionally. I've been sticking with the gym and rediscovering my love for exercise. Just feeling my body slowly heal itself is motivation enough after so many years of being inactive. Sunday is my weigh in day, so finally I confronted my biggest fear and stepped on the scale...I guess I must have been stepping too much on the edge rather than in the middle and I realized I was 15 pounds heavier than origionally. Normally, I would have beat up on myself and eat myself silly, but NO this time I stayed OP and didn't let it affect me like I would have in the past. It's amzing to see this change come over, and for me, it comes down to changing all of my behaviours. Small step on scale, BIG step for Amanda lol

My biggest goal this week is to not give in to my sweet tooth, and stay OP in the evenings, when things slow down and there's no one to watch me slip up Well, I hope everyone enjoyed their holidays. ttyl

Amanda
tdothunny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2005, 12:00 AM   #29  
I ate it

S/C/G: 312/cw/140

Height: 5'4"

Happy 4th to all...nothing overly eventful here...at least in terms of the holiday. We went to a BBQ last night...ugh so much food..but I did SOOOO well and I was very proud of myself. I passed on chips, buns, bread, desserts, hot dogs and hamburgers. I went to town on edamame (soybeans), raw veggies, grilled chicken, salsa and fruit. I allowed myself 2 small pieces of grilled skirt steak too...I figured that meat was better than potato chips and brownies.

Then we went to the bar we normally go to on Sundays for Karaoke..saw a lot of people I hadn't seen in a while. I was wearing my new dress...got tons of compliments on it (which felt really great...plus I was excited that it was a way smaller size...and it was even big in the top). I even had a woman tell me that her friend thought I was "hot" ...which I have to say was a nice ego boost. Fortunately BF isn't the jealous type.

Today we had every intention of doing something fun...but just as we were finally getting our show on the road, BF's car died, so we spent the evening dealing with that. Now we're here at my place and I am really tired. However...I'm on vacstion tomorrow so I don't need to worry about getting to work. I think tomorrow's goal is to clean my bathroom floor. Have you tried the Mr. Clean Magic Eraser yet? WOW.

Anyways..off and running...congrats DOXIE on your loss...I'm not expecting much on Wednesday..anything will be a pleasant surprise. I'm off to watch the National Hot Dog Eating Contest...eating contests are soooooo vile but I am strangely fascinated. Especially because thw winner is usually some skinny dude. There is even a woman in it!

'Night all...
JuleeCeeS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2005, 08:21 AM   #30  

tansea, Mazarin, Clarinette, tdothunny and mom2fivesweeties- welcome...I am horrible about posting on the numbered threads and I mostly stick to the smaller ones, but I hope that I can get to know y'all.

Solus- I am a bad girl...I am so thrown off my mental track. The clothes are folded up and just awaiting a box...I will try to snatch one from somewhere and get them sent off...pinkie swear.

Doxiemom- you rock!!!! I am so happy for you. I hope that you took full advantage of the hot tub, you deserve it

synn1977, brandnewme, Extrinsic Rapture and everyone else - I hope y'all had a good 4th...I made the best of it and had a good time with my family.

Doxiemom- you rock!!!! I am so happy for you. I hope that you took full advantage of the hot tub, you deserve it

I am gonna have another chat with my doctor to see if I need to be tested for any kinda girl-ickies like fibroids...something ain't right down there. It's got to be more than "weight related hormonal issues" and it's going to get fixed soon. Like I keep saying...I am still fighting the good fight and doing what I can, it just seems like I have a lot of crap against me right now, but I am not giving up.
theotherjen is offline   Reply With Quote