3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community

3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/)
-   300+ Club (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/300-club-124/)
-   -   300+ And Ready To Try Again.. #735 (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/300-club/60559-300-ready-try-again-735-a.html)

brandnewme 06-29-2005 06:40 PM

300+ And Ready To Try Again.. #735

WELCOME !!!

We are a group of individuals who weigh or have weighed 300+, or near there. This group was formed to provide a place for others like us to find support and hope. We are aware of the distinct problems that come with weighing over 300 lbs.

We want to invite everyone to join us in our journey.
We share laughter and tears.
We share what works for us and what doesn't.
We often use a "Topic of the Day" for discussion.

Motivational Monday
Tuesday Tips
Wednesday Wish List .. and What you are doing to obtain it.
Thankful Thursday
FUN Friday ... don't wait until you lose your weight.
Sit-up Saturdays - any physical activity
Share your Success Sunday

These are not required topics ...just ideas to share. We often find them very helpful. We also share heartaches and fears ... joys and celebrations.

We have several extra threads going on simutaneously such as Monthly Challenges, Weekly Weigh-ins, Recipes, Bios, and more. Please feel free to check them all out.

We have found this thread to be more than just a support group...
we have found it to become a home. We invite you to join us.

WELCOME!

I know you'll all agree that we are really thankful for the free services here at 3FC. The sisters offer all of this support and information with no charges to us. There are a couple of ways though that we can help out.

If you are thinking about buying anything at Amazon, why not help out 3FC at the same time? You can do this by clicking on the button for Amazon on any page in the forum, or by clicking on the button on the main 3FC page at www.3fatchicks.com . A portion of your purchase price will be given to 3FC by Amazon. It doesn't increase your price at all, but it does help out 3FC. You can use any of the Amazon.com links that you see on the site in order to help contribute to the site.

Also, BTW, in case you didn't know it, you can view the message boards "ad free" for a minimal charge. I think it's like $15 for 6 months. A very small investment to be rid of the annoying ads and make your pages load quicker.

There have been some concerns expressed by the powers that be about copyright infringement. So please, if you are directly quoting someone else or printing an article in whole or in part, please give credit where credit is due!!!!

tansea 06-29-2005 07:36 PM

Hi everyone........
my name is Bobbie and I am trying again.... its not so easy is it? the big difference this time is I want to do it for me...... not for my spouse and not for the next big todo
but for me.... I'm sick of feeling ashamed all the time and being the object of ridicule.
but even more then that I just want to be able to have a lap to cuddle my grandbabies in and to be around to watch them grow up. So thats my wish for wed and for good.
You sound like a great group and I'm doing a lot of reading here and can't wait to know you all.
hugs and good wishes
Bobbie

mom2fivesweeties 06-29-2005 09:59 PM

Hi Everyone,

My name is Lori and I'm glad there is a place to go for the 300 people - I was 315 on Monday when I started a healthy eating plan. I was 310 today. Sure wish it would all come off this quickly!

Looking foward to meeting everyone!

mom2fivesweeties 06-29-2005 10:05 PM

Congratulations, Joanne!!

:woo:

http://www.3fatchicks.com/weight-tra...5/170/310/.png

joe anne 06-29-2005 10:18 PM

My News

Hi Bobbie, Welcome :D

Hey ladies, I've got good news. I was accepted at the (NAU) Northern Arizona University :cb: and I am so happy about that. I have yet to get my paperwork in though for the education department, which shouldn't take to long. I've talk with the director for that department and she said she would take in my late enrollment. Wow this is so exciting, I sure needed to get away from that stressfull job, I know I've got another month and a half but now it is barable knowing I am not gonna be there after August :dance:

You all have a grrreat week and I'll check on you lighter :wave:

tansea 06-30-2005 03:12 AM

Good Job Lori!
keep on doing whatever you're doing its working!
Thank you for the welcome joanne and congratulations on your acceptance!
You sound so excited!
hugs
Bobbie

Tashabella 06-30-2005 07:29 AM

Very sad

Hi, guys. I had to come here. I'm very sad this morning and I just need to share this with you.

I just read the paper and found an obituary for a dear friend of mine who died this week of a heart attack. His name is Ronald.

Ronald and I went to high school together and were in the choir together. We were both overweight so we had an understanding of each other that I didn't have with anyone else at that age (you know the bond I mean). Ronald died this week at 37 years old ~ the same age as me ~ both of us still carrying the same weight problem for the past 20 years.

Ronald was one of the most sweet and loving people I have ever known ~ he was like a big teddy bear and had a heart of gold. People only saw his outer shell though and were often cruel and rejected him.

What hurts the most is that I know the fat killed him and I know the fat came from all of the hardships he faced in life, the same place mine comes from. It hurts me that someone died from the fat. No one knows the suffering we go through and his took his life. This shows me how close I could be to having it take mine.

For those who don't know it, I have a heart disease gene so I have 300 times the risk of the average person of dying of a heart attack. It's not that I'm afraid to die. And I know Ronald went to a good place because he had a good relationship with God. It's that the fat and everything that goes along with it (the stress, the cruelty, the discrimination and how that makes you feel and fuels you to gain even more weight) can take your life.

I have to do something if I don't want to be another Ronald. I don't want anyone to be another Ronald. This burden of weight can be so hurtful. No one understands that like we do.

I hope I didn't bring you guys down. I just had to say it. We lost one ~ a good one.

Thank you guys for reading this and I thank you from the bottom of my heart for all of the support you have shown me here. You have all been a tremendous help to me and I love you all.

AngieB 06-30-2005 08:17 AM

Welcome Bobbie and momtofive.

Congrates JoAnne!!!

Tasha- I was sorry to read about the death of your friend so young.

AngieB
Who got the new job:)

Lilion 06-30-2005 09:37 AM

Good Morning Ladies!

Tashbella: I'm so sorry for your loss. No one so young should fall victim to heart disease.

My own family is loaded with heart disease. Pretty much everyone who is dead has died either of heart attacks, stroke or some other heart-related problem. I take three BP meds and lipitor and have a heart arrythmia. I'm 41. I've actually been hospitalized for my BP. It is a compelling factor in my desire to lose weight. My best friend, who is 38 yrs old was recently hospitalized with what she thought was a panic attack, but the doctors said had the classic symptoms of a heart attack. After a stress test, she's been told it was a very minor heart attack and she's being put on a cardiac diet, along with her diabetic diet, and to stop smoking and work on relieving her stress level. Since she's bi-polar, that part is a big challenge.

I've told her to look at it as a warning. Her doctor told her she could live to be 80 - if she starts changing her life now. I'm looking at it as my warning too!

It's "thankful Thursday". I'm thankful that I've made up my mind to change my lifestyle before it's too late.

Welcome to Bobbie and Lori! I really hope you find the support you need here. I certainly have. The ladies here are a wonder!

DoxieMom 06-30-2005 09:37 AM

Good morning, ladies! Hope all is well and good in your little corner of the world. Thankful Thursday - I'm thankful that I am off work ALL next week!! I am thankful that I was able to get into a size smaller pants this morning! I am thankful for all of you folks - my support line on this long journey of shedding the pounds!

JoeAnne - CONGRATULATIONS! How exciting for you. I know you will excel in your classes! That is really something to not only look forward to, but something you can take pride in. Way to go!!

AngieB - Another round of CONGRATS on your new job!! Hope you enjoy it and it is everything you want it to be!

tansea and mom2five - WELCOME!! :wave: This is a wonderful forum full of great people. You will find encouragement and inspiration, along with a lot of new friends!

Tashabella - Honey, I am so sorry to hear about your friend. I lost a very good friend to brain cancer in late January, and it still deeply hurts. Everytime I spend time with her ten year old daughter I want to cry. I too have a strong faith in God, but sometimes I just have to ask, why? we both know that they are in a better place, but sometimes it just doesn't make it any easier to accept. I will keep you in my prayers.

Hope everyone has a great 4th of July. Stay safe and OP!!

CatherineM 06-30-2005 11:05 AM

Tasha-We are here with you in your grief. It is so hard to deal with a death that we feel like was preventable.

My roommate's ex, the father of her son, had another small heart attack this week. They put a third stent in. He is 51, and the next step is bypass. His is half diet related, and half anger related. Each stent was put in during or right after their son was home on leave from the Navy. This time this poor kid had to call the ambulance. This man actually falls to the floor and has temper tantrums when he doesn't get his way. It would be comical if it wasn't so sad to see a 51 year old acting like a 5 year old. I don't want my grave stone to say dead at 50 because she couldn't put her fork down.

I am going to have to make some diet changes soon. I had a big car repair come up this week, and it is time to cut my food budget. I spend quite a large percentage of my monthly income on food. I don't have to tell you that fresh salmon is more expensive than cheap hamburger. I've relied on more expensive things such as vegetarian pepperoni or boca burgers for the last year. I've done this so that I could minimize my time in the kitchen. The kitchen has never been my friend. Now I am going to have to start cooking without safe sort cuts, and without going back to the way I used to cook. It is scary, and I knew that I would eventually have to take this step. I just thought I'd have more time. I was probably just delaying the inevitable, so God decided to blow a cylinder to shove me in the direction I needed to go. Cross your fingers.

JuleeCeeS 06-30-2005 11:49 AM

I feel like I am the only one who has anyting good to report. Down another 3 lbs at WI last night. Makes me feel like my mini-Labor Day goal is very attainable (total of 20 lbs. from June 1-Labor Day). So far I am down 5.5 towards that goal.

Vacation begins today at 5:00! YAY!

mom2fivesweeties 06-30-2005 12:01 PM

Hi Everyone!

Thanks for all the nice welcomes!! I feel at home here already. Congrats Julee on your weight loss!
Tasha, I am so sorry for the loss of your friend. I will pray for your comfort as well as his other friends and family.

It's another steamy day here in southern Illinois. Close to 100 yesterday and the same predicted for today.
Stay cool!

Lori
http://www.3fatchicks.com/weight-tra...5/175/310/.png

SueMarie301 06-30-2005 02:08 PM

Bobbie – Welcome :) :grouphug: Great Motivation!! Nothing is more motivating than yourself! I’m doing it for myself as well… there might be some slight motivation in there because I wanna be slimmer for my wedding hehehe but I know I need to do it for myself and my health.

Mom2five – Welcome as well! :grouphug: I wish the same thing… it couldn’t fast enough for me, but remember one thing… faster doesn’t always mean better. It can mean the weight packing back on faster and more.

Joe-Ann – CONGRATULATIONS! :) It’s going to be a lot of hard work.. trust me! I’m there :lol: May I ask what you think you might major in? :)

Tashabella *GREAT BIG WARM HUGZ* My heart goes out to Ronalds family and I’m sorry you had to learn about your friend this way.

I’m sorta in a slump ladies, and I think it’s because of my foot. I’m not loosing any weight and I’m afraid with being non-active like I should be that I’m gonna gain back everything. I decided to go ahead and make that appointment with the doctor at Cal State. I go in next Tuesday at 2:30. I haven’t been able to do much, and I’ve been staying off my feet as much as possible. You have no idea how much that drives me insane. I wanna get back out in the yard and do some work but I can’t :( I will see what the doctor says. Right now I’m writing you all with my feet on ice.

Today I woke up to breakfast in bed. Kid is off track from school, so she’s been home all week with me. She made me breakfast in bed for my birthday. You wanna know whats cute? She knows I weigh my food to get portions sizes so I can calculate my calories… :lol: so she weight the eggs, toast and orange juice she had for me. She’s so cute!!! Love her to death! So far the only thing that has brought down my day is the thought that I’ll be in class for my birthday :lol: but only for two hours.

Take care everyone...
Sue...

Lilion 06-30-2005 02:11 PM

Hello Again!

Catherine: I do wish you luck on the cooking! Eating out was my biggest culprit in gaining, that and portions. I have confidence in you though. If anyone can learn to cook healthy with regular ingredients, it's you!

Julee: Congrats on the 3 lbs down! :cp: Makes me feel better about my good news.

SueMarie: :balloons: HAPPY BIRTHDAY! :hb:

I just came back from the Dr. for a nasty tick bite - not Lymes disease, but a rash that looks just like it. He took pictures to show his students. It was kinda funny, he promised not to sell them! I told him I didn't think rash covered stretch marks went for much on the internet anyway. :lol:

Can you believe - I had to point out to him that I'd lost weight??? With you all saying how your Dr.'s harp on your weight - mine never even looks! :rolleyes:

Anyway - I lost 5 pounds! :goodscale I'm very pleased. It's been about 3 weeks since I weighed because of all the vacation and non OP days.

This puts me 2 from my July 4 goal...Wonder if I can lose that in 4 days??? Probably not, but darn it I came close! :shrug: