3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community

3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/)
-   300+ Club (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/300-club-124/)
-   -   300+ NSV (Non-Scale Victories) (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/300-club/59856-300-nsv-non-scale-victories.html)

Solus 06-19-2005 11:36 AM

300+ NSV (Non-Scale Victories)

I looked and didn't find a thread like this in this forum so I thought I would start one.

What are some of your recent non-scale victories?

Solus 06-19-2005 11:39 AM

For me it was realizing that I climbed the flight of stairs leading to my bedroom without getting totally out of breath. I still huff and and puff a bit, but not nearly as bad as I used to.

Extrinsic Rapture 06-19-2005 11:51 AM

my most recent is being able to walk to class without stopping to stretch my back or take a breath. shamefully i can't walk there everyday but i used to not be able (within my recent gains) to walk very far at all without my back acting up terribly.

theotherjen 06-19-2005 11:55 AM

Way to go ladies....I went to Walmart yesterday with my sis and we tried on jeans...I actually zipped up a pair of sz22's...now they were tight and not attractive...but they were on

Last night I went swimming with DH and my best friend and her BF and we had to hike a big hill to get there and I kept up with the normal sized people...YAY!

Solus 06-19-2005 12:41 PM

Keeping up with the "normals" is always great fun!

pearwoman 06-19-2005 02:08 PM

I feel good!

One of my non-scale accomplishments is that I can walk 2-miles and not come home and pass out on the couch. I have energy to do other things like cook healthy meals and pick up the house.

Solus 06-19-2005 05:35 PM

How about making it to the gym today for the first time in the 6 months since I bought my membership? Or spending 25 minutes on the treadmill, going faster than I've ever managed before and feeling INCREDIBLE afterwards. Ohhh, those lovely endorphines!

CatherineM 06-19-2005 08:52 PM

my biggest non-scale victory is being treated like a real person for the first time in 15 years. I can squeeze past someone in a store and accidently brush against them without them reeling away in horror. I got offered a food sample in Sam's. Old ladies ask my opinion in the grocery store. I had an old man tip his hat to me. Mostly, strangers speak to me now instead of either ignoring me, or staring at me in disgust.

Lilion 06-20-2005 02:09 PM

This past weeks event was quite a active time and I did ton's of walking. Last year when I went, I had to wear my cross-trainer tennis shoes under my medieval garb, because otherwise my back would just KILL me. This time, I wore sandals and leather moccasin-type shoes, with no support at all. The worst thing that happened was blisters from my ill-fitting sandals! I KNOW that the difference is the weight loss!

Also, I fit into a size 20 at Cato and a size 22 at CJ Banks. Didn't buy them...but they fit!

Finally, a friend I haven't seen in about a year asked me how much I'd lost! I wasn't sure anyone would notice when I was all decked out in medieval clothing, but apparently the difference is obvious! Made me feel really, really good...and very much motiviated to continue!