Old 06-08-2005, 03:38 PM   #31  
742,000 calories burned

S/C/G: 592/380/175

Height: 5'9"

I actually eat a lot of pizza alternatives. I like to buy vegetarian pepperoni or canadian bacon at the health food store. I am lucky to have access to a middle eastern brick oven bakery. They make whole wheat, no fat pitas that run 90 calories. I use classico spagetti sauce, it has the least amount of fat and calories (not the 3 cheese variety) of the main brands. Sometimes I put spinach, olives artichokes, or mushrooms on them too. I have a bunch of those plastic caps for cat food cans that I use to put on half used cans of spinach or mushrooms. For the cheese, I use a really good peccorino romano. Grated per tablespoon, it is only 20 calories and 1.5 grams of fat. Put your fat on top where you can taste it for most bang for the buck. I have also lately started using some other stuff from this bakery. I have discovered a flat bread they call lavash. It is made with ground millet flour, brown rice flour, and ground flax seed. I like the green one that has spinach and oregano ground in too. It is similar to a large tortilla, but only 61 calories. I cut them in fourths, lightly brush with olive oil on a pastry brush and bake for the best chips you'll ever taste. Plus, flax and millet are so good for you nutritionally. I also discovered this type of vegetable dip they call adjvar. It is made with roasted red pepper, roasted eggplant and garlic. It is like 10 calories a tablespoon, and I use it in place of sauce on pizzas lots of time. I keep all this stuff in the pantry or fridge, so no matter how tired or hungry I am, I always have something I can throw in the microwave. Planning ahead keeps me on track.
CatherineM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2005, 06:55 PM   #32  
learning to live

S/C/G: 443/270/200

Height: 5'0"

STOP! Do not post here. Instead, come join us on 300+ And Ready To Try Again # 726! See ya there!
brandnewme is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2005, 07:10 PM   #33  

S/C/G: 510/see tracker/160

Height: 5' 9 1/2"

Hi Everyone. I am finally getting a bit over my flu bug. I have been reading the posts and really missing you all.

Hippievanlady: I read your post about feeling like you just have to sleep. Have you been tested for potassium level? I was so low in January I felt exactly like you are describing and my husband had to drive me to the Dr. I got put in the hospital overnight for my potassium being sooooo low it was almost non existant in my body. Now I have to take potassium pills. It couldn't hurt to have it checked out. Thank you for the websites and the ideas on pizza. You are so wonderful.

Suemarie: How is your yard coming along? I hope your sunburn is much better too.

Angie B: Welcome. Just keep trying different exercises until you find one that you enjoy enough to keep doing it. I don't really mind the exercises but the walking really hurts my hip. I am not supposed to do it until I loose more weight according to my Dr. You will find something. Just keep trying.

Lilion: Congrats on your -3.5!!! That is so wonderful. Keep up the good work.

Jillybean: I can relate to you about six flags. My husband was thinking that I just didn't want to go with him until finally I sat him down and said to him, "look, I know you love me and don't see me this way but I am too big to fit in the rides". I can't wait for the day that I can plan a surprise trip for us and go on every single ride with him that he wants to go on. Hang in there Jilly, we will get there.

Thinthinker: Thank you for mentioning the virtual me site. I have been having fun with it and I have been so fat for so long that It was nice to recall what I once looked like at 5'10 and 160. I have something to really look forward to again.

Biggirl: Yea! Good job on thinking positive thoughts of yourself. You are such a sweetie pie. It is hard when we have ideas in our heads to shake them out and put fresh ones in. If you ever need a pep talk, eme a personal one!

JuleeCee: Don't work too hard on all of your projects. Have a good time at dinner with your folks and your BF's folks. How nice of your BF's mom to ask what she can fix. I have never had anyone ask me what I can eat. That is nice.

Shadiepurpel: Congrats on your -2 pounds. You go Girl.

Brandnewme: Welcome back. Good job getting "back on the wagon"

Tashabella: I know what you mean about the "am I so big that 50 pounds doesn't make a difference" thing. It does girl. I tell you what someone here on this site a while back suggested pounds in butter lost. I always visualize that now. Whomever suggested that created a monster in me because I am so big at 497 to start that when lose weight you really can't tell that much so I say to myself ok, 22 pounds lost is equal to 22 boxes of butter. 22 boxes of butter have 88 cubes of butter in it. Therefor, I have lost an equivalant to 88 cubes of butter. Man that is a lot of butter. Think how much more cubes I will shed. You are doing well. Keep your head up.

Detroitlady: Good job staying op. It is a great victory to comit to staying with it no matter how long it takes.

Doxiemom: I'm so glad that you are back on track. Shake the dust off your shoes and keep on walking. You can do it no matter what the scale says, it will fall away eventually. Hang in there and keep on keepin on.

Solus: Congrats on loosing 20 pounds!! That is so wonderful. Keep up the good work.

Well, If I didn't mention everyone it isn't because I'm not thinking about you. Hugs to everyone.
Blessings,
Dogpal
dogpal is offline   Reply With Quote