Old 05-24-2005, 01:53 AM   #1  
Slave to her parrots

Default semi new person :)

greetings,

firstly i have to say its such a relief to have a forum like this where i can talk openly about my weight.
i joined this website a few years ago but due to a computer reformat i forgot about it! but im back now and motivated to lose weight.

Currently i weigh just over 150 kgs which i think in pounds is about 330.
my goal is to lose 75kg by the end of next year and my motivation for doing that is so that i look good in a wedding dress (my fiancee and i decided to put our wedding off until i reach my goal weight).
I've tried many diets , the most recent being optifast. it drove me absolutely bonkers, woman cannot survive on faux chocolate shakes alone!
so now my fiancee and i are trying to eat as healthy as we can, but he just won't give up his coke for diet coke *rolls her eyes*
to help us with our goals we joined a gym a fortnight ago and have been going every day or second day depending on how sore we are.

i suppose i should finish this up now i have a tendancy to post looooong posts

-Stefanie

Current weight 150kg
Goal weight 75kg by december 2006
adasiyan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2005, 05:08 AM   #2  

Hi Stef
Good luck, well its not about luck really is it?
I am sure you will get there. Sometimes the road just seems so long. Just think of the nice jeans available in size 12-14. I just dont want to feel so heavy when I wake up!
I am sure you will succeed, low fat is better than low carb trust me
Ocean Girl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2005, 02:41 AM   #3  
Dancing those pounds away

Just another warm welcome to 3FC
You definitely can reach your goal by Dec 2006
Post often... exercise often too and you will be that beautiful bride you are dreaming of. But I must add... I bet you would make a beautiful bride even today.
2cute2Bfat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2005, 08:03 AM   #4  
Slave to her parrots

aww thanks guys *feels all warm and fuzzy*
i loathe exersize but since ive joined a gym and my fiancee is determined not to let it go to waste , im at the gym every day or second day.. i feel slack because i skieved off today, my legs were just so sore after i woke up and then i had pancakes and a few chocolate biscuits today so ive got to work extra hard at the gym tomorrow and friday *rolls her eyes* and then on friday evening ive got my personal trainer to put me through **** to make sure i work off those pancakes!
Old 05-25-2005, 09:30 AM   #5  
Eating for two!

S/C/G: 324 highest known/on hold/150

Height: 5' 5"

Is your avatar from Labyrinth? Either way, I just had to say he's totally cute. In any case, good luck at the gym. Join us on the numbered threads (currently 300+ And Ready to Try Again #720)! This is an awesome place for ideas, support, suggestions, and the occasional kick in the butt when you need it
jillybean720 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2005, 10:56 AM   #6  
Slave to her parrots

yus! its the worm from labyrinth (one of my childhood favorite movies, still is to this day)
i'll pop onto the numbered thread and bore everyone brainless with my drivel
-Stefanie
Old 07-02-2005, 03:46 AM   #7  

Quote:
Originally Posted by adasiyan
i loathe exersize but since ive joined a gym and my fiancee is determined not to let it go to waste , im at the gym every day or second day.. i feel slack because i skieved off today, my legs were just so sore after i woke up and then i had pancakes and a few chocolate biscuits today so ive got to work extra hard at the gym tomorrow and friday *rolls her eyes* and then on friday evening ive got my personal trainer to put me through **** to make sure i work off those pancakes!
Actually your body doesn't work that way. I always thought it did, eat too much one day and work it off later on or the next day. I've recently read some great information on the myths of weight loss and fat burning. A lot of things I used to believe simply aren't true.

Another myth, pain is good when you exercise or after you exercise. Not necessarily so. If your pain and aches wake you up or make it so you can't function then you're pushing it too much. Or if you have insomnia or restless sleep, too much exercise may be the culprit. I get strange nightmares as the first sign something isn't right. I also crave and need carbs which are high sugar and fat. This happened last night. At 4 AM I awoke wanting a peanut butter and jelly sandwich! I got one for myself too because I knew my body needed it.

When I began my program in November 2004 I was very motivated but I tried to push it. I started with only 15 minutes per day, 3 days a week for cardio. I put my weight lifting on the back burner and did it maybe once a week and then not much emphasis on it. By January I was trying to push 20 minutes a day, 7 days a week cardio. Then by the end of March I was trying to push 45 minutes a day, 6 days a week cardio.

I've since learned the error in my ways and switched my priorities. I'm now losing faster and toning better by placing my weight lifting on the front burner. I'm going to be purchasing an adjustable set of weights this month to boost my fat burning more. My cardio is scaled back to 30 minutes per day, 4 to 5 days a week. And that depends on how I feel. Do I have aches and pains? Then I back off. I normally don't get aches and pains when I do cardio or lift weights. Most people do but they shouldn't be something disabling and fatguing. So I can easily tell when I've overdone it. I get aches and pains and don't want to do my cardio.
SOON2BE154 is offline   Reply With Quote