Old 05-16-2005, 07:31 PM   #16  

Thanks so much 2Cute, Thin, Tammara, and everyone else who offered their kind wishes. I don't want to dwell on this stuff on this thread, but I think I'll do an off-topic venting thread for a little while.

Things generally not too bad today; ate well, though I've decided to give myself a little more time before I try to get serious again--this trying every day and failing every other day is getting old. I'm focussing on getting my book revisions done in the next week and a half, and I'll do the best I can with eating, but I'm not going to commit to getting really serious until that's done.

I have baby foxes living in the ravine behind my apartment building again this year; this morning one was curled up in my drive way taking a nap. Cute as anything, even if they are a bit scary. I took a picture of the napper and I'll post it when I get my photos downloaded.

Tashabella
--Sounds like a tough time at work... any prospect of moving to another department or another company any time in the near future? You deserve better, and it doesn't sound like there's much hope of getting it where you are.

Esmaraude
--I used to have a hubby who did the same thing. I wish I had some good advice--I tried and tried to get him to stop, but it was clearly something he had learned to do to be "nice" to me. I think it's one of those things that we can't change by asking, because it's hard for people to believe we're changing, but maybe some unexpected behavior would get his attention--I don't know, calling the neighbor and asking if their kids would like the pizza?

Thin--
Sure it's not allergies? This is the season for them, that's for sure.

Barb--
You can never start over too many times. Every time you need to, that's exactly how many times you should. (Said as an addicted re-starter myself.)

Dogpal--
I'm so glad you have such a supportive dad! That's really special.

Leanne
--Where are you, dear? Are you lurking somewhere? I miss you!
Angela_aka_Alice is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2005, 08:00 PM   #17  
Oooo Silly Me!

Oh no Thinthinker!!! I didn't mean to make it sound I like that... OY! I guess I deserved that for my poor choice of words I'm soo sorry. I would PM this to you but I wanted to publicly apologize for my bad choice of words. I wasn't thinking, well I guess I was, but I guess I didn't take into account that it would sound so negative. I haven't been doing a lot of deep thinking lately... and when I do it results in thinking about one thing and that would be how to put my life back together and didn't think about others. I'm sorry, I did not mean to make it sound the way it did.

Sue
SueMarie301 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2005, 08:45 PM   #18  
742,000 calories burned

S/C/G: 592/380/175

Height: 5'9"

I had an interesting experience in the pool today. I do a regular water aerobics class for 45 minutes, and then deep water for another 45 minutes. A woman I hadn't seen before showed up for deep water, but was greated as if she was a regular. She had been out of town for the month that I have been taking the class. I was immediately on guard around her. My "hates fat chicks" radar started binging like crazy. She seemed to go out of her way to be at the end of the class farthest from me. She was one of those that I'm sure has never been overweight. The instructor is a large, loud, broad kind of woman who has always been as nice as can be. She was welcoming an older woman who was visiting to the class who was also on the other end of the class, so I didn't hear what the older woman said to the instructor, but the skinny woman piped up very loudly, "if you don't want to swim laps, then what are you doing in this class?" The older lady left right after that. I was quite livid, but held my tongue. She said some other things real loud that I am sure were intended for my ears. I guess she didn't think I had the right to be in the pool since I was fat.

After the warm up exercises, we do a series of laps usually starting with two of crawl. I always lag at the back with those, but finish. About 2/3s of the way through we do a series of laps using arms only followed by a lap of elementary backstroke. I always do well on those because I am quite bouyant, and after pushing 600 lbs. around in a wheelchair for 8 years, I have a lot of upper body strength. Backstroke used to be my event on the Y swim team in another life. I caught up with her on the arms only laps, and smoked her on the backstroke lap. I finished a length ahead of her. She promptly left the class. I realize that she may have simply needed to get to an appointment, but I will allow myself to believe that she couldn't stand the humiliation of losing to a floating whale. I hope she keeps coming back. I think I will look forward to the day that I can smoke her on the crawl laps too. I may be fat, but I can always lose weight. She on the other had will always be a jerk.

By the way, I am fine with only losing 1 pound this week. My stomping my foot with my tongue in cheek doesn't translate well to electronic communication. I keep forgeting that. I consider each pound lost as a small gift from God. I'm close to a major milestone. One more pound, and I will be half way to my goal. I don't think I really thought I would get this far when I started. It was almost too big to hope for. Now that I am almost half way there, I can't imagine not being successful.

For those who are having a hard time right now, I wish I could just bundle you up and carry you on my shoulders for awhile. Just be patient with yourselves.
CatherineM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2005, 09:13 PM   #19  

Catherine... congratulations on your success. Your story is very much inspirational and also quite informative. I wish I had your spiritual confidence but maybe as I continue along my journey things will fall into place in that regards as well.

Keep up the great work!!!

TEDDYBEAR
Big_TeddyBear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2005, 09:42 PM   #20  

S/C/G: 278/267.2/180

Height: 5'7"

Happy Monday!

Geez, there are so many new people, that I can't keep everyone straight! Welcome to all the new folks!!!!

It was a busy weekend and will be another super busy week. I'm still working on getting both horse boys ready for being in horse shows for halter class. Neither will trot beside me which makes me want to smack them in the butt with a stick. And I have to work both over good with a shedding brush trying to get them slicked down and pretty. All good exercise. Plus I have been running around like a fool getting everything the trainer keeps coming up with; brown gloves and a new bit and I might be done for awhile. Hope so because the budget is screaming.

I'm getting ready to beat the dog about his head. He wants to go for a walk, and we will, but he wants to RIGHT now.

Bigteddybear - Tell us about yourself. I hope that you jump right in and join the crowd. Hope we don't get too graphic with the chick details sometimes. But we'd love to hear your story, your plan and how its working. How can we help?

Catherine - Two pounds and you will be moving into the lower half of the journey. for all the NSV (non scale victories for newbies) that you have been experiencing!!!

Thin - NICE? Our Thin?

2Cute - I knew about the roll thrower. I love Lamberts but try to avoid having my food thrown at me.

Barb.G - Just think of it this way - we start over every day. Every day, every meal is a new chance. Just think of it as making this meal within good choices and moving on.

Okay, sorry ladies, but the dog is having a massive fit so I better go walk his butt off. I haven't responded to everyone and don't mean to leave anyone out. But just running out of time.

Terri in MO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2005, 11:48 PM   #21  

S/C/G: 510/see tracker/160

Height: 5' 9 1/2"

Good evening guys. I was wondering if anyone can walk/talk me through how do I get to weight loss trackers on my signiture card? I want to do one for total all around what I need to loose and one for small goals. If you can help me please let me know via pm or on this thread if it won't bug everyone.
Blessings,
Dogpal
dogpal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2005, 12:43 AM   #22  
I ate it

S/C/G: 312/cw/140

Height: 5'4"

OK..for those of you who don't know Lambert's...be thankful..only because it is a seriously DANGEROUS restaurant for someone trying to eat right and be healthy. The roll throwers are only the beginning. They are some mighty fine rolls too..and warm. Their servers stroll around the joint with big kettles of homestyle southerny side-dishes over their arms and will just load you up on whatever....argh. I went to the one in the Florida Panhandle when I lived in Alabama and all I can say is OY VEY. There is actually an amazing soul food restaurant up the street from me here that I went to once before I went OP...and some days I miss it. They make a mean glass of sweet tea. For those of you who aren't aware..sweet tea is way more than just a glass of iced tea with sugar in it...it's a process. Oh well...

BF and I talk about the things we'd like to be able to do again once we feel a little more stable in our programs...like going to our favorite Italian restaurant...some day.

Tongith was the last night of the Monday night program where I teach. I had to stay the whole time for all of the presentations and the dinner as well...normally I leave right after I teach at 7 and avoid dinner. They had a pasta bar and eggplant parmesan..but it was just swimming in grease. So I had a big ol' plate of salad and some fruit but when I got home I was famished. Plus I had to make a pit stp at Walgreens to buy a new hairdryer since mine blew up this morning. Fun Fun.

My next few weeks are so hectic...I am going to really have to keep reminding myself what I am trying to accomplish here and not blow it by going for speed and convenience with meals. I will not eat fast food...I will not eat fast food.

Teddy Bear...welcome to the coop. I apologize in advance for talking in "code" (we use lots of acronyms and stuff) and about my period (aka TOM). But I'm a girl and that's how I was wired. I look forward to reading your posts and hearing about your journey as well.

I was in a haze all day and it was overcast which didn't help it. I think I suffer from Seasonal Dysaffective Disorder. I don't do well with grey skies and days when I am inside the whole time and can't tell what time of day it is or what the weather is. The window in my office overlooks a corridor and I do not open the blinds because the school kids come by and bother me. *sigh*.

Maybe I will get a sunlamp.

Ok ladies...I feel myself becoming more incoherent...still suffering from lack of sleep from the weekend. I'm going to finish my dinner and maybe hit the hay.

Happy Tuesday (tomorrow).
JuleeCeeS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2005, 01:08 AM   #23  

Thanks Julee. I do understand that the women outnumber the men here and I will eventually get used to the lingo. Do most people post their so called "story" in their JOURNAL? Is that a good place to start?

Thank You

TEDDYBEAR
Big_TeddyBear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2005, 08:21 AM   #24  

Good Morning- I am back OP and feeling much better for it...I got some exercise in last night and plan on some WATP when I get home...I won't weigh in til friday so maybe I can repair some of the damage...but it sure was fun being bad = )

Other than that, life is blissfully boring. I am working as much as I can so we are ahead of the bills when I drop down to part time in August. I registered for classes the other day and I think part time is best while I readjust to juggling school and work and marriage and everything else.

JuleeCeeS-How was Hitchhikers' Guide...I want to go see it, but I am scared that I will be terribly disapointed. I was amazingly good at Lamberts (considering the temptation...hehe) I did eat 2 rolls and some fried okra along with my chicken fried steak and mashed potatoes...but I normally would just gorge on the rolls and fried potatoes...those portions are unreal...I took most of the chicken fried steak home and gave it to my mom.

newfiesara- Welcome...sorry it took me so long to say hi = )

ageoldie- there is no shame in starting over...only in giving up. I know how ya feel...yay for motivation!!!!

SueMarie301- I am hoping that everyone will come to their senses and that you aren't dragged to far into the dirt.

detroitlady- I totally agree...I pop in and read whenever I get a chance...and all the ladies (and gents) on here keep me thinking about my next step and when I read about your successes...it make me wanna work harder. Even when it gets tough...its like I have 20 or so of my closest friends here to make me smile.

thinthinker- lol, no stress here...just gotta get back to where I left off = )

Angela_aka_Alice- yes, please do post the picture...there are some fabulous photographers on here and I love to see y'alls pictures.

hippievanlady- You rock!!! I don't think that I could have held my tongue...considering her rudeness. I am also beginning to accept and love those one pound losses...any loss is a good loss. Way to go on getting to that halfway mark...I know you are gonna just blow past it and keep on to your goal.

Big_TeddyBear- Hi there...just wanted to welcome ya!!
theotherjen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2005, 09:12 AM   #25  

Default Still here (again)

Catherine ~ I am so glad you smoked that jerk woman! Good for you! (One good thing about being big is that sometimes you can "throw your weight around" and be/feel powerful. I like to take advantage of that feeling when it hits.)

I know what you mean about the radar. When I joined a gym last year, I got the radar beep about the owner. She did several things over the last year to try to get me to quit (instead of encouraging me like she should've). It was obvious to me that she was afraid my big butt was going to screw up her equipment. You could almost see her cringe every time I stepped up to the treadmill. She's a jerk too.

Regarding the job, I work for what people here call the "good ol' boy network." They frown on hiring blacks, pay women less and totally frown on fat people. I know that if I looked like Slutty McNasty here and walked around with my boobs in people's faces, I'd get better pay and the ability to do whatever the **** I want. But I've got news, even if I was slim, I wouldn't walk around with my boobs in people's faces to get what I want. I'm not that kind of person.

Well, guys, after my reply yesterday, I went and ate anyway. Today, I've given in to the fact that I can't handle this by myself anymore. I'm going to go to a Food Addicts Anonymous meeting tonight. I can't take it anymore. I can't stand the way I feel. (I went to OA before, but my sponsor was a jerk and betrayed me so I stopped. This is a different group so hopefully I can get some help.)

I'm still trying and hanging in there though. Glad to be hanging with you guys!
Tashabella is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2005, 10:15 AM   #26  

Hello all....Today's the day that I get back on track. It's been a terrible few weeks (diet wise). My transition from Jenny Craig to Weight Watchers was bumpy to say the least But, I'm over my little mini-fast-food-meltdown, and ready to jump in with both feet forward. I did a little damage (like 4lbs worth) so my first goal is to get back to where I started. I emptied out the cabinets and the fridge, and went grocery shopping yesterday and have re-stocked with fresh fruit, veggies, and alot of whole wheat. I had a WW muffin for breakfast this morning...have ya'll tried those, they are wonderful!!! My exercise starts back today as well (when I fell off the wagon, I really FELL OFF). But I'm now picking myself up and brushing myself off.....

I'm really looking forward to getting to know you all. Here's to 3fatchicks.com !

I think I can.....
Jennifer
Lots2loose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2005, 10:32 AM   #27  
DoxieMomx2

Default Hello all the way around

Good morning everyone. Had a break in the job and thought I would jump on for a quick catch-up. Got some news last night that rather bummed me out, but decided to look at the bright side and not let it get me off track. I seem to be in "the zone" right now (thanks mainly to you ladies!) and don't want to run amock. Found out last night that the hubby's hours are going to change and we aren't going to get to physically see each other Mon - Friday at all. The hubby works the night shift at Ford, and usually leaves the house at 5:05. I work days at a law firm and usually get home around 4:50 or 4:55. I know it's only ten minutes, but that 10 minutes of physical contact has sustained us for the years we've done this. I don't know, just being able to have a hug and see those sparkling eyes light up that I've been in love with for the last 19 years just keeps me grounded. He's my rock and what can I say, I'm hopelessly in love with the man. Ford is changing their hours to a solid 8 hour shift and he will now have to leave our house at 3:15, they've recently closed a major bridge into downtown, and I will now be even later getting home. Thus, we won't see each other at all, and our son will now be spending time either alone, or with our neighbors. The hubby and I are just really bumming about the situation. I told hm we really need to look at the bright side, we'll appreciate our weekends (and each other) that much more, and we should really just be thanking God he still has a job. Right?? Sorry to vent, the news just really deflated my good mood of late. Oh well, life goes on...

Teddy Bear and Sara - Welcome, welcome. Glad to have some other "newbies" here with me, as I am new myself. I can honestly say the folks on here are wonderful! I have gotten so much inspiration in the last week I've been busting my rump to make sure I stay OP!

Hippievanlady - You are GREAT! I know the bigger I got, the lower my self-esteem got, so I think you are pretty much the cherry on top of the sundae! Your story teaches me to keep my head high, no matter what my size. Thanks!

To all who got back OP: Congrats and hurray for you. Everyday is a struggle and any day you pick yourself up, dust off, and start over is a new beginning.

Guess I really should get back to work! Everyone take care and keep moving forward!
DoxieMom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2005, 11:10 AM   #28  
I ate it

S/C/G: 312/cw/140

Height: 5'4"

Teddy Bear...many people have posted their stories right here. There is also a BIOS thread and a pictures thread as well where people also will share some of their personal stuff. THis is just a place to blow off steam, ask questions, share daily triumphs and tragedies and whatnot.

Jen...Hitchhiker's Guide...I hadn't read the books in ages so I do not remember it as well as other people. My boyfriend thought it was OK and one of the women who came with us who is very familiar with both the books and the radio sreies thought it was "eh." I guess there was some sort of unnecessary subplot but I am not totally sure what it was. Alan Rickman as Marvin though was hysterical and overall I thought it was good.

I need to find a way to jump start my motivation. Hopefuly I will have a good WI this week...I need the positive reinforcement. The last 2 weeks my losses were really small, so I am hoping that this is a good one. I feel very stuck right now and need to feel like I am making progress again.

On the other hand, the number of items in my closet that I really can't wear anymore grows each day. Hopefully I will have a little money soon so that I can at least buy a couple things for the summer. But I just shelled out $200 for new glasses and need to pay my DMV renewal which is another $200. OY...

OK..off and running...
JuleeCeeS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2005, 11:35 AM   #29  

Smile

Good Morning Ladies and Gentleman!

Hope your Tuesday is going well. It's a lovely day in Mid-MO. Someone asked me recently what part of Missouri I'm from. I'm right in the middle, in our lovely little capital!

Not much to report today. I'm staying OP and still not exercising. I want to, really, when I'm sitting at my desk. But, then I go home and all motivation to get all hot and sweaty just goes right out the window. There's just so much I need to do that I end up doing nothing and exercising is right at the bottom of the list of "things to do today." Maybe I'll see about racketball tomorrow...or else dropping my Y membership. Why pay $44 per month to belong to a YMCA I never go to? Ah well.

I feel really fat today. I hate this, because I usually don't "feel" fat. I tend to forget my size most of the time and having lost 36 lbs I don't know why I'm feeling so fat these days. Maybe it's hormonal. Anyway, even easier to stay OP when I feel fat-so I'll try to consider this a blessing in disguise.

I'll try to stop by with a better post later! Right now off to my last hearing for the day. Time to be quasi-judicial!
Lilion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2005, 12:31 PM   #30  
Determined to Lose!!!

Lightbulb Hitchhiker's...

Hello Everyone... just a quickie

About Hitchhikers... Jen, I STRONGLY recommend watching the original as it is definitely funnier and has more character tooo... The new one seems very much driven by technology and I can honestly say I only enjoyed about 15 minutes of it.. If you go to see it, watch out for the planet factory scene.. very cool and interesting. The original grabs hold of the book's quirkiness (word?) and wild, British humor! The whole point of Hitchhiker's is to be overly self indulgent with sub-plot and I think the original does a better job of showing how this is done on purpose! You don't mind so much... anyway that's my bit for the day lol

Everyone, keep going! stay strong! I'm doing quite well for the longest time that I have ever been doing quite well... Thank you for the support, the tips, and the empathy!!! Have a good day (for those of you in the States). I'm going to go wind down and sit on the edge of my seat waiting for hubby to get home...

Kisses and Hugs...

Last edited by BIGGIRL27; 05-17-2005 at 12:33 PM.
BIGGIRL27 is offline   Reply With Quote