3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community

3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/)
-   300+ Club (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/300-club-124/)
-   -   300+ And Ready To Try Again #712 (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/300-club/57604-300-ready-try-again-712-a.html)

Angela_aka_Alice 05-08-2005 11:11 PM

300+ And Ready To Try Again #712

WELCOME !!!

We are a group of individuals who weigh or have weighed 300+, or near there. This group was formed to provide a place for others like us to find support and hope. We are aware of the distinct problems that come with weighing over 300 lbs.

We want to invite everyone to join us in our journey.
We share laughter and tears.
We share what works for us and what doesn't.
We often use a "Topic of the Day" for discussion.

Motivational Monday
Tuesday Tips
Wednesday Wish List .. and What you are doing to obtain it.
Thankful Thursday
FUN Friday ... don't wait until you lose your weight.
Sit-up Saturdays - any physical activity
Share your Success Sunday

These are not required topics ...just ideas to share. We often find them very helpful. We also share heartaches and fears ... joys and celebrations.

We have several extra threads going on simutaneously such as Monthly Challenges, Weekly Weigh-ins, Recipes, Bios, and more. Please feel free to check them all out.

We have a bi-weekly 2x2 Challenge.
Our goal is to lose 2 lbs in 2 weeks.
We have a long term goal of losing 300+ lbs within our 300+ group in 2005.

We have found this thread to be more than just a support group...
we have found it to become a home. We invite you to join us.

WELCOME!

I know you'll all agree that we are really thankful for the free services here at 3FC. The sisters offer all of this support and information with no charges to us. There are a couple of ways, though, that we can help out.

If you are thinking about buying anything at Amazon, why not help out 3FC at the same time? You can do this by clicking on the button for Amazon on any page in the forum, or by clicking on the button on the main 3FC page at www.3fatchicks.com . A portion of your purchase price will be given to 3FC by Amazon. It doesn't increase your price at all, but it does help out 3FC. You can use any of the Amazon.com links that you see on the site in order to help contribute to the site.

Also, BTW, in case you didn't know it, you can view the message boards "ad free" for a minimal charge. I think it's like $15 for 6 months. A very small investment to be rid of the annoying ads and make your pages load quicker.

Angela_aka_Alice 05-08-2005 11:25 PM

I keep thinking I'll "recommit" and restart... but instead I fell into my worst old eating habits today. I stood in the grocery store and thought "Do I really want to do this?" and I did it anyway. I need somehow to figure out how to change those triggers. But for now I just need to recommit.

Shadiepurple--I hope you don't really feel you need to pretend to be happy for us! I lost my dad 2 years ago, and I know how hard it can be to lose loved parent. My father was only 60 and should not have died as young as he did; in his case, it wasn't weight but smoking, probably, that led to the heart disease that killed him. So I too often think of my weight as "wouldn't Dad want me to take better care of myself." Your issues sound very hard, and your struggle with your grandmother sounds like an ongoing challenge. I hope you have some good support systems to help you out.

Julee,
Thanks for the thoughts on grieving. Someone I know--the estranged wife of my dear friend who killed himself in March--recently talked to me about Jewish mourning traditions, but with her it was all a big parody. It was nice to hear a more thoughtful explanation.

2Cute
--I'm glad your day ended well. I'm in a different state from my mom and feeling pretty bad about not being with her today, so I'm glad to know at least somebody's mom had a good day. Hope the WI goes well.

Twinkledpink--If you've stayed OP, try not to be disappointed, no matter what the scale says. Staying OP is a victory that will, eventually, lead to weight loss. Remember that!!

esmaraude 05-08-2005 11:30 PM

I hope everyone's had a nice mother's day weekend and is ready for the week ahead!

I'm not looking forward to my "official" weigh-in tomorrow morning, as I haven't been doing as well as I should have all week. I mean, I haven't missed any weekday exercise and my eating was decent, but not quite up to par. I had a good eating day today with no exercise, but I did get a few hours of shopping in yesterday so I got to walk a great deal.

Anyway, I'm expecting a small gain, but I'm not gonna let it get to me.

Oh, I ate dinner at Beef-A-Roo yesterday and got really excited that they had steamed broccoli as an alternative to fries! It's a local fast-food chain and they have a nice variety of food, even Boca burgers and veggie sandwiches! They're all over the Rockford, IL area and it would be nice to see them expand across the country.

Angela_aka_Alice 05-08-2005 11:57 PM

Sounds like you've been a pretty good girl, Esmaraude... I hope the WI goes better than you anticipate.

SueMarie301 05-09-2005 01:31 AM

HAPPY MOTHERS DAY EVERYONE!

Man… I’ve been gone a while. After we got back from Vegas, I sorta fell into hiding. I had midterms, and then stress, and then I sorta fell into a funk, I dunno if was really depression, because it didn’t feel like it. I dunno… so much going on this month. I think it was anxiety. I had three midterms, and I havea major state exam that I have to take (1 of 3) I have to pass these all before I can apply for my credential program, and I have to pass then in order to get accepted into the program… ugg… it’s been kinda stressful so I guess I slightly had a freak out hehehe… I’m doing better tho. Like I said, it didn’t feel like depression, just a funk, a sort of “I don’t feel like doing anything” and a “leave me alone or I’m gonna hand you your head on a platter” kind of feeling… no motivation, no drive…. Just blah.

I have some good news tho… to those who remember, I was debating on signing up for the gym before I left for Vegas. Well… I signed up for 24 hour fitness, and because I work for a school district, actually for the county… I got a nice discount. Normally 22-41 bucks depending on what ya want, but I got mine and my sister signed up for 23 total for both of us.

OOOH also… I did very good on my eating… I’m back done to 350lbs… still waiting to break into virgin fat… we’ll see if that gym membership will help. Also… I’m WEARING JEANS AGAIN!!!! I haven’t worn jeans in like 5 or more years…. And I bought some, and on top of that, I went down a size, from 30 to 28…. :) I’m jazzed heheh… I also have 5 miles racked up for this month so far…. All walking. No dancing on the DDR game heheheh…

Sorry to being gone so long…. It’s been hectic... and may get more hectic yet.

Take care everyone!
Sue…

Iwillbe 05-09-2005 05:08 AM

Good morning chickies, What a way to start Monday! I wrote a post and lost it! :tantrum: That doesn't happen to me often, but when it does, it is usually when I have responded to others, wouldn't you know? :(

Angela, I find myself having to recommit often, like every Monday! I wish I knew how to break that vicious cycle. Shoot, we both know that we can do this. ;)

SueMarie, Good to see Ya! I hope things settle down for you soon. Hang in there.

Emaraude. You are lucky that you have an eatery with "legal" foods. Living in a small town means that we have few choices. In the next town there is a Mcds, Burger King, and KFC, those are the main ones, nothing "legal" there. Oh, I forgot, Pizza Hut, and Capt. Ds, sound like grease city?

Well, it is Monday, so I am OP. LOL! I was not so good yesterday, it was Mothers day now wasn't it! Any excuse will do. :o (what a crock!)

I hope I didn't miss anyone on this thread. Have a great Monday girls. Iwillbe :wave:

Terri in MO 05-09-2005 07:35 AM

Good morning ladies!

Don't forget today is weigh-in (or report your WI from another day) for the 2x2. Send me a PM for new pounds lost during the last two weeks. For the new ladies, I'm tracking the group total loss. Our goal is to loss 300 pounds this year, which seemed a modest goal at the time, but looks like we're going to blow away early in the year.

It was a very busy weekend and I am SO NOT ready to go back to work. I got very little done around the house. I was in my first horse show on Saturday. It was so fun and the people were so nice to a newbie. I didn't feel big at all until I saw the pics and could see how damn skinny these girls are. Talk about getting real about the fat.

I haven't weighed in myself yet but will do so when I head to the shower here promptly.

I spent the day with my mom yesterday. None of the other brats(all older than me) showed up so it was just the two of us. It was a lazy day and it was so wonderful.

What the crap happened to spring? The week before we were still wearing long sleeves and light jackets and this week it is going to be 90 degrees. Where are the mid-70's days? The humidity like that usually makes me retain water big time which makes it difficult to get a good WI. Need to drink lots o' water.

I'm out of time this morning so no time for replies. Good luck with WI's! Time to get refocused!! Mother's Day lasts for only one day so no excuses eating any left over goodies today and after!!

thinthinker 05-09-2005 09:21 AM

Good morning, ladies! :wave: I hope everyone had a great weekend. Ours was really nice.

As I mentioned before, Honey and I had a Millionaire's Party to go to on Saturday night. They hired a company to put it on and they really did a nice job. The had drawings that were going on during the sign-in time until everyone got there and throughout "dinner". "Dinner" was not a sit down traditional meal. It was several stations set up around the room with more like hor duervey stuff. There was a station with oven roasted turkey and prime rib sliced thin. There was another with chips, dip and pretzels. Another with meatballs, spring rolls, crackers and cheeses, veggies and dip, these cool spinach in puff pastry things and chicken fingers. There was plenty to eat and they kept the food out until 8:00. The dessert table had brownies, some Pepperidge Farm cookies and little cannolis.

The gaming started around 8:00. They gave you two coupons both redeemable for $1000 in chips. You redeemed one right away and then you had to wait until 1/2 way through to redeem the second. I thought that was cool because then even if you lost your first $1000 quick, you didn't just have to sit on the sidelines for the rest of the night, you got a second wind at it.

I learned to play Black Jack so when we go back to Vegas in the Fall I'll be able to do something other than play the slots. The dealer was a cutie patootie. He shuffled a Joker into the deck and every time you got dealt it you had to tell a joke. There was a DJ and he would stop periodically and say he would give $500 to everyone who came to the dance floor to do a dance. Once it was the Chicken Dance, the Twist, the YMCA, etc. Well instead of leaving the Black Jack table, I asked Matt (the dealer) if the DJ would give us $500 if we did the dance at the table. Matt said, "I'll give you guys $500 to do it". So everyone at our table did the dances standing right there.

At the end of the night, you turned in your chips for raffle tickets. Each $1000 in chips got you 1 ticket. Then there were about 20 prizes against the wall and you put your tickets into the boxes of the items you wanted to win. Honey won a 2 night weekend at the Vice President and General Manager's personal condo on Lake Michigan!!!

The funny thing is that the Vice President and General Manager is the guy that Honey had to interview with for the job he wants AND he's the guy that gave Honey stunning recognition at an event at work on Friday last week AND he's the guy who walked up behind Honey at the Crap's Table and gave him $400 in chips because Honey was down to his last dollar Saturday night. :lol:

Ok, this has probably been far more info than you wanted about our evening out, but......

Mother's Day was very nice. #1 Son made breakfast. We went and visited with MIL for a couple of hours and then picked up my mom and went to the Macaroni Grill for dinner. We had a 6:30 reservation and didn't get seated until 7:15. So much for a reservation.

The cool thing of the day was while standing waiting for a table, a gal came up to me that used to work with me in the 80's doing Princess House shows. I haven't seen her in like 15 years and we both recognized each other! Amazing! She works not far from me so we exchanged numbers and we're going to get together for lunch to catch up.

SueMarie: Glad you're back.

Everyone else, I don't have time to chat right now (used it all up telling about the weekend. :o ) I'm off to breakfast with my cousins. See you all later. Love :love: ya bunches!

Before I go: Here's the start to the NEW 2x2 Challenge. Sign up by copying the list and adding your name to the bottom.

2X2 Challenge - May 9th - May 23rd!
ThinThinker

2cute2Bfat 05-09-2005 10:11 AM

I love being at the top of a thread because I can handle replying to 4 or 5 people who are also at the top. LOL By the end of the thread I am sooo far behind I cannot imagine gettting everyone in.

Angela... My one daughter in Mich has not been home on Mothers Day for many years.
She treats me like a saint for 364 days a year... but every Mothers Day weekend she seemed to always go somewhere with her college friends. They all wanted to get out and GO when young. LOL It is not intentional planned that way... just sort of worked out. I even got two gifts from her this year. She forgot she had already bought me a gift... then sent my flowers too. LOL

Thin... sounds like your party was a blast. :hat: I am so happy for you.
I have always wanted to go to one of those type parties to learn new games and not cost me money. LOL
A lot of high schools do those evenings too for graduation night. I always thought it would be fun... but found it strange teaching the kids to love gambling at age 15-17.

Terri ... glad you horse show went well. Congrats.
I have not weighed in yet but will soon. I have my fingers crossed I kept my 2 lbs off.

Iwillbe ... I hate it when I lose a post. Grrr
I think it always happens with the long ones too.
Don't be too hard on yourself. It is a new day... a new beginning.
COMMITMENT !!!
Yes it does require that "NO MATTER WHAT" attitude to succeed.

SueMarie... your post was so inspirational. Coming back to 3fc, Overcoming the blahs, joining a health club (and a discount), Back down to 350, wearing jeans plus them being a smaller size. WOW !!!!

Esmaraude/Karen ... Beef-a-roo.... It sounds like a place I would like. :)
Almost every place I go I always ask for a substitute. Sometimes it will only be sliced tomatoes... but it keeps those fries out of temptation.

Okay... got a long list of "to do's" so I am out of here. I will be back after I weigh.

esmaraude 05-09-2005 10:24 AM

Hello, all!

Well, the weigh-in wasn't too bad. . . I've only gained 2 pounds, and I'm hoping that some of it is muscle. Not too bad, considering that the scale showed a total of five pounds gained on one day this past week. Whew, I lost three of it! I'll just have to push myself harder this week.

One of my main problems is making myself eat breakfast in the morning. Either I need to wake up earlier or make time for it after I get home form my measly first shift. I also end up eating dinner really late, and I know that's not exactly a good thing either.

Yeah, I feel lucky to have Beef-A-Roos in the area, but the closest one is in the next town over and I only hit them when I go to Rockford or Machesney Park to shop. Beloit had a lot to offer though; 4 McDonald's, 2 Arby's, 2 Taco Bells, 2 Burber Kings, 3 Subways, 2 Pizza Huts, 2KFC's, 1 Taco John's, 1 Wendy's, 1 Culver's, etc. . . but seriously, most places are offering more healthy choices; the hard part is making that choice over your favorite deep-fried, fat ridden goodies. When I eat out, I try to stick with Subway in order to resist temptation, but I also try to make sure I know the menu of anyplace I might end up. Have you seen that Wendy's offers a fresh fruit cup and bowl now? And McDonald's has brought back a revamped version of their apple salad. Luckily, most places have fancy salads with dark greens and low fat dressings available. In all honesty, I don't care to eat at fast food places, but I end up doing it to be social and for the convenience. One day we decided to treat ourselves to a "real" sit-down restaurant and we went to Perkins. I was appalled; there was little to choose from health-wise!

Well, I suppose I should fix the numbers on my siggy and get off the computer so I can get some things accomplished. Hope everyone has a great day!

JuleeCeeS 05-09-2005 10:38 AM

2X2 Challenge - May 9th - May 23rd!
ThinThinker
JuleeCeeS

~~Sunshine~~ 05-09-2005 11:39 AM

Hello everyone!! I don't think I have ever posted in this thread but I had to share my joy! I weighed today down another 3 lbs so far 24 lbs since March 25!! Also goodbye 300's down to 299 and dropping! Woohoo! Hope everyone has a good day!

Angela_aka_Alice 05-09-2005 11:54 AM

I'm up nearly to 300 again. I can't believe I've done that, after all my work to get down under 300. I'm hoping it's a wake up call.

My own mantra for Motivation Monday: Today is the only day I can change.

Iwillbe--Thanks for the encouragement.

SueMarie--Good to see you back. Good job on the eating!!

Terri--Hope the WI went well.

Thin--When my ex went to Vegas, he learned that if you tip the dealer when you play Blackjack, they'll give you good advice--he had planned to lose $30, but he kept winning so much after he tipped the dealer that he never did lose his whole $30 until he got tired of playing.

2Cute--Maybe I should go kidnap that Mich. daughter next Mother's Day, deliver her to you, and then go see my own mom. For me, it's that Mother's Day always falls right at the end of the semester--the weekend of graduation, final semester grades due, etc.--so it never seems like I can get away.

Esmaraude--Good for you, for recording your WI and showing up on the list... I think it's good discipline to stick around when the numbers go bad. You'll be back on track in no time, I bet.

Julee, Sunsine--WTG!!!

Lilion 05-09-2005 12:23 PM

Good Morning Ladies!

Well, the one big perk of working for the State is State Holidays. Hooray for Truman's Birthday! I'm off today! :D

I got up and took DS to school and then went back to bed! So I'm just now up and around and this is my first activity of the day other than making breakfast. Had to come see how all my favorite ladies are doing.

Angela, esmaraude: Don't worry, you'll be losing again in no time! Stick with it!

Sunshine: Yea for you! :bravo: Welcome to the 2's!

thin: Your party sounds so fun! I LOVE blackjack! I could be quite the gambler if I wasn't so darn cheap... :lol:

Sue: Welcome back and congrats on staying with it!

Well, we did the Mother's day thing yesterday...DS bought me this hanging planter I've been wanting. Well, acutally, he got the wrong one, but this one is really nice too. Now I just have to figure out what to plant in it. DH bought me a medieval cross pendant, dated to about 1500. I pretty much love all things medieval and told him I'd love to have somthing that is an actual artifact. He got it off Ebay. It hasn't arrived yet though, but I at least got to see a picture! Can't wait for it to get here.

Then we packed up and did the in-law thing. They had a big BBQ and I did pretty good I suppose. I did have a hamburger - and a chicken breast - but at least I didn't have two hamburgers! Ah, well, was nearly all I had all day anyway, I'll just be really good the rest of the week. I took my strawberry pie that I posted on the recipe thread and it was quite a hit. Several of my in-laws are diabetic, so I thought sugar-free was the way to go with dessert. And it's good for us too!

Well, my plans for the day are pretty simple. I'm going to plant my peppers and tomatoes, do some laundry, take up some clothes that have gotten too big and hopefully get some office work done I brought home. That's quite a bit for having started so late though, so we'll see.

Best be off for now. Have a happy, healthy OP day!

detroitlady 05-09-2005 01:45 PM

Good Afternoon Ladies
How is everyone?
It's good to see everyone had such a great mother's day!
Well guys, I weighed in and I can't hardy belive it[did it 3 x's] down 6 lbs :D I ran in to an article in a old womans day mag. called" pudge that won't budge" and it say to take flex seed oil [omega 3's the good fat] so I started and it's amazing but I can see the fat leaving :lol: so this is a good thing!!!

2X2 CHALLENGE
THINTHINKER
JULEECEES
AUDREY