Old 03-12-2005, 07:52 PM   #31  
working off those pounds

S/C/G: 350+/ticker/150

Height: 5'5"

Talking

First of all, i must say I cannot recall ever having read so many interesting posts, I love all the "new" (to me) people that i've met here in 300+. Today was an ok day, though i've been snowed in. It's always harder to stay on program on the weekends, ESPECIALLY when you can't leave the house. This morning I had my whole wheat waffles, and then a bunch of fruit in between for snacks...I DID indulge though, I had graham crackers and reduced fat whipped topping, have you guys ever tried that? It's to die for, especially if you freeze them first.

Lilion: I still can't eat fajitas for that very reason. I used to go to Chilis all the time and I'd ALWAYS get their Mushroom Jack Fajitas (minus the bacon) and it was just soooooooo filling. I'd eat them all, even if I started to feel sick. That's one of my biggest problems, eating even if i'm still full at a restaurant or something. I don't want to 'waste' the food.

Julee: That was a very touching story, it's interesting to read about where we are all coming from. It's hard to put yourself in someone's shoes and imagining WANTING to be fat so that you were 'less attractive' to others. I've always been heavy, ALWAYS...since I don't know...PRESCHOOL. I got made fun of for being chubby from first grade on up to like seventh or eighth grade, at which point people just started sort of minding their own business and not really CARING. I'll tell you, being ignored/invisible can be just as hurtful as being made fun of. It wasn't until college that I really came out of my shell and had a lot of friends.

Catherine: It's sad that people like you and I are capable of hating ourselves so much that we do that to ourselves. You going to law school as sort of a punishment to yourself, or me eating food when i'm depressed. I had an epiphany recently, I told myself that I needed to really start to accept myself for who i am, or else i'll never change. Not to sound like a drama nut but I need to work on loving myself because i just don't most times. I think I'm fat because i don't love myself enough to take care of myself, but you know if i don't do something when i'm young, i'm going to die from obesity. i know that sounds depressing but it's probably true. i need to make concessions and care for myself and not think about instant gratification, but long term rewards.

Julie: I always hated people who had no respect for professors in college. People who showed blatant disrespect, people who make you ashamed for them. I'm am a bit confused though, why is it that one person's complaints could really jeapordize the career of a professor?

Scooter: Wow, an office manager at your age..that's commendable, did you work where you are for a long time to become the manager? That's neat about the TOPS thing, I remember your post from earlier, and I intend to check it out, it's a lot cheaper than weight watchers...what makes TOPS so much better than WW? Is there a diet plan?
VermontChick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2005, 08:05 PM   #32  
working off those pounds

S/C/G: 350+/ticker/150

Height: 5'5"

STOP, Don't go further! Come on over to 300+ and ready to try again #671! :-D
VermontChick is offline   Reply With Quote