Old 03-10-2005, 01:56 PM   #31  

Smile

Well, the scale went down two pounds! I'm officially 1 pound into "old fat"...as I weighed 314 forever and didn't have any idea the last 14 lbs had snuck up one me!

I must admit...when I first looked at that scale, I was disapointed. I've known all along the dramatic losses of 8 and 5 lbs were going to stop really soon...but 2 just looked so small! Then I kicked myself in the butt to save you ladies the trouble! After all, 2 lbs down is a durn site better than up. And if I lose 2 lbs every week-that's 104 lbs a year! That's really a lot when you think about it. So, like I've said to you ladies over a 2 lb loss... to me and to the with that negative thinking.

Julee: double ! Great work!

esmaraude: You definately should talk to whoever is in charge of hiring folks at the Y. This woman should NOT be allowed to get away with that kind of behaviour. While you're at it, remind the person you are talking to that the Y is supposedly a Christian organization and she is certianly NOT the sort of person they want dealing with the public. I'd do my darndest to see her fired...although I'd prefer flogged! Shame on her for being a Bi#@h and good for you for for not letting her run you off!

mamamoo: Congratulations on little Violet! I have so much respect for SAHM's...mostly because I could NEVER do it myself - no patience at all! My poor son would long ago have been a ward of the state if I had to stay at home with him every day. I love the little guy to pieces...but it would make me absolutley crazy and I only have the one! It's got to be much harder to lose weight staying at home too. I only gained 15 lbs when I was pregnant with DS and then gained 20 in the two months I stayed home after he was born. (And the la Leche ladies had the nerve to tell me I had no milk because I wasn't eating enough!)

Well, the boss sent out a memo today that we are no longer to delete our internet histories or cookies, so I suspect they are going to moniter computer usage. Therefore, I may see a bit less of you ladies in future. At least I have seniority and I know I'm not the only one spending what may be considered excessive time on the internet!

Along those lines...better get back to work!

Lilion

Last edited by Lilion; 03-10-2005 at 02:00 PM. Reason: Julee was too quick!
Lilion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2005, 02:09 PM   #32  
Eating for two!

S/C/G: 324 highest known/on hold/150

Height: 5' 5"

Thumbs up

I am thankful for SO many things:
  • my boyfriend who loves me regardless of my weight
  • my family who supports me even from far away
  • my boss at my job who realized I wasn't doing what I wanted to do, so she is going to start giving me more projects that are right up my alley so I don't have to continue job hunting for a new job (yay!)
  • my amazingly bug-free apartment (I have a MAJOR fear of spiders and insects--especially cockroaches!)
  • having a washer and dryer in my apartment so I don't have to haul everything to a laundry room (like I did in college)
  • so many more things that I will save to list on upcoming Thursdays
I am already beginning to feel better---I think this day off from work is just what the doctor ordered. I did call work a little earlier, though--I always feel guilty when I'm not there, so I had to check in on the big project that's going through.

Well, I did it--I went to Ruby Tuesday today. Having worked there before, I thought they would look at me like I had 6 heads when I told them I didn't want to work weekends, so I wasn't very optimistic/hopeful. Instead, they apparently want me to work whenever I can, since 2 of their hostesses just quit last week and the one who was there today when I went in was only around for this week (spring break from college). So, I start my re-training next week. I will still join TOPStonight, though, as I'm sure I will not be working every Thursday night for forever, so I will go to the weigh-ins and meeting as often as I can. Therefore, tonight will be my first weigh-in at TOPS, so it will be my starting weight according to their scale. What a perfect time to really get rolling, stop "cheating," and start losing! I will have to quit the choir I am in, though, which sucks, but I do have to have my priorities, and I'm already in more debt than I ever thought possible (thank you student loans ), so a second job it is. It should definitely give me an opportunity to meet more people my age, though, since everyone I work with is nearly old enough to be my mother (not that there's anything wrong with that...I still love them dearly, just sometimes still need to act like the kid I'm supposed to be!). It just seems so perfect that they will let me work Mon-Thurs nights. Now, I'm not really sure about where I stand with my beliefs in religion and God, but sometimes I do feel that things happen for a reason, and this situation just seemed too perfect to be merely coincidental, so I have an excellent feeling about this. Oh, and good thing they happen to have a kick-*** salad bar so I can still eat dinner at work if I need to and stay OP Alright, I'm going to go before this novel gets any longer. Hope everyone is having a great day!!
jillybean720 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2005, 02:35 PM   #33  
It's gotta be the glasses

Height: 5'8"

Once I was talking to my boss about one of the parents complaining about the reaction she got when she made a payment at the front desk, and before I could say another word, she said, "Danielle." And she was right. So actually, many people have complained over that particular front desk lady for quite some time, and I'm sure that she's scared away many members. I'm not sure how she's managed to hold on to her job for so long there (she's been there four years!), except that she's good at doing ten things at once (a requirement at that position) and that the boss above her is very leniant on her people skills. One of my friends went to high school with her and says she was exactly the same back then: rude and in-your-face. So I'll say something to her boss with the angle of "how is she treating the members if she's saying stuff like this a fellow employee?" but I doubt it'll do much good. I may say something about it directly to Danielle as well.

mamamoo - I can totally relate to a lot of your post (except for the having babies part). I just turned 29 and my significant other is as addicted to food just as bad as me; if not, more so. His big downfall is fast food, though. Well, that and soda. For the life of me I can't get that man to drink any water! And when I try to fix something healthy, he doesn't want any part of it half the time. Either that, or it doesn't fill him up enough and he's off around the corner to Burger King. Why do we have to live so close to it? Anyway, I'm not sure if he's afraid to lose the weight or not, but I wouldn't be surprised. All I know is that he's very attached to his food and feels totally deprived at the mere thought of cutting down, and that lack of support I get from him can make healthy choices very difficult..

People started noticing me the two times I got down to around 220, but you can see my current weight on my signature. I spent most of my adult life around 250-270, and I'm dying just to get down to 270 again (which is what I was when I met my fiance).

JuleeCeeS - OMG! You have a waist again!!! I'm SOOOOO happy for you! Rock on!

Lilion - I can relate to the disappointment in the 2 lb. loss thing. I used to make those dramatic weight losses before, but I'm afraid those days are behind me. I guess I'm not getting any younger. But you are right, that's nothing to sneeze at! It all adds up, and as you said, at least you're going in the right direction!

mnemosyne - I'm also thankful for getting better, as I just got over being sick myself. I slowly eased my way back into exercise again, but it would have been way easy to just give up. But there is that fear of stopping, and I guess that's a good thing! Anyway, keep up the good work!

therubyslippers!! - The worst part about the front desk lady thing is that I can't prove she made the assumption just because I'm fat. It's just one of those things you know but can't prove, just like 90% of all situations like that. People that just look at you funny, or snicker. Overhearing another table at a restaurant complain that not enough people diet when you're the only other party in the dining room. Anyway, you get the idea. Stupid stereotypes.

Last edited by esmaraude; 03-10-2005 at 02:42 PM.
esmaraude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2005, 03:21 PM   #34  
CrAzY GiRl on a mission!

S/C/G: 307/307/150

Figured I would get a jump on you all....as the thread is getting full.....
PLEASE STOP POSTING HERE....MOVE ON TO # 670
synn1977 is offline   Reply With Quote