3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community

3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/)
-   300+ Club (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/300-club-124/)
-   -   300+ and Ready to Try Again... #641 (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/300-club/52620-300-ready-try-again-641-a.html)

2cute2Bfat 01-28-2005 10:54 AM

300+ and Ready to Try Again... #641

WELCOME !!!

We are a group of individuals who weigh or have weighed 300+, or near there. This group was formed to provide a place for others like us to find support and hope. We are aware of the distinct problems that come with weighing over 300 lbs.

We want to invite everyone to join us in our journey.
We share laughter and tears.
We share what works for us and what doesn't.
We often use a "Topic of the Day" for discussion.

Motivational Monday
Tuesday Tips
Wednesday Wish List .. and What you are doing to obtain it.
Thankful Thursday
FUN Friday ... don't wait until you lose your weight.
Sit-up Saturdays - any physical activity
Share your Success Sunday

These are not required topics ...just ideas to share. We often find them very helpful. We also share heartaches and fears ... joys and celebrations.

We have several extra threads going on simutaneously such as Monthly Challenges, Weekly Weigh-ins, Recipes, Bios, and more. Please feel free to check them all out.

We have a bi-weekly 2x2 Challenge.
Our goal is to lose 2 lbs in 2 weeks.
We have a long term goal of losing 300+ lbs within our 300+ group in 2005.

We have found this thread to be more than just a support group...
we have found it to become a home. We invite you to join us.

WELCOME!

2cute2Bfat 01-28-2005 10:56 AM

Hope you are keeping warm.

Good morning friends. I want to let everyone know that the locations on the map are NOT all accurate. For some I only knew the state... so I put them wherever. LOL PLUS... I tend to error often so I may not even have gotten the state correct. :lol: But hopefuly I did. :) If I missed someone I apologize. AND... Once they were printed... I could not add all of the newcomers. Feel free to add them if you want to. I am saving my b/w copy for future reference. Put the stickers on the colored map.

Barbg ...I am so sorry you life is still in turmoil.
It sounds like you could use a hug. :grouphug:
I hope things settle down for you soon. We miss you !!!!

Iwillbe... Protect those 2 lbs lost. I lost mine, then gained them back. Grrrrr !!!
Now I am still trying to lose them AGAIN. :rolleyes:

Terri ... I use my 2x2 for that 2 weeks only. But I will always tell you if it not virgin weight.

Sue ...4278 steps !!! That is awesome. I take such small short steps that I would cover only half the distance for the same number of steps. :lol:

Teflonmot .. I am so happy you posted your bio and I learned about the signaficance of your name. I was pronouncing it completely wrong. LOL

Judy... Congrats on your perfect week :bravo: Hang on to it !!!!

CD .. good to see you again. It might help you get out of this funk if you posted more.
I know I can easily fall into isolation .... I have to force myself to post somedays.

All of you American Idol fans....Remember the black guy on American Idol. He was the hip hopper that you could not understand anything he said ... and he took his teeth out.
His picture is in paper for being thrown in jail. !!! He is accused of shooting someone in the leg. I am glad I am not a judge and had to tell him no.

Today is FUN FRIDAY !!!
We are getting ice and snow today... so I will be staying in.

Jibbelle 01-28-2005 11:48 AM

Happy Friday all!!! Just a quick post while I have my lunch. I hope everyone is having a great on plan day!!!

I have weigh in tomorrow morning...my scale says I am down about 2 lbs since last Saturday....I hope it is true! WOOHOOO We will see!

Angela_aka_Alice 01-28-2005 12:36 PM

Hey kids, just a quickie. Things have gotten nuts at work (we have candidates for jobs coming to campus, and I get to be involved all day long). I've been OP all week though... just in training for the February challenge! Which looks like so much fun... thanks, 2cute!

ONLY1SPECIALK 01-28-2005 01:41 PM

I just wanted to drop in and say Hi. :wave: I'm having a good week and I hope THE SCALE on Sunday agrees! :lol:

Teflonmot 01-28-2005 02:02 PM

Fun Friday, eh? I think that's a really good idea, to get out there and DO things. I had gotten in to this stupid rut, telling myself I would wait until I was thin before I did certain things.

Take our new family activity for example. We've joined a community activity center that has an indoor waterpark- waterslide, lazy river and all that. The kids LOVE it. My older daughter had tried talking me into going down the water slide, and at first I made her a deal, I'd do it when I was 50 pounds lighter (imagining a pool full of horrified onlookers as this 300 pound blob of fat came hurdling down the slide). The third time I went I decided I was being foolish, why wait to be thin to play, when playing will help me get thin faster? So I did it, and in fact there were no horrified looks when I got out of the pool at the other end. And it was fun. And I did it again. So my trip to the pool was tranformed from bobbing down the lazy river with my youngest into several trips up the stairs to the top of the water slide, which was better for my bottom line anyway.

So definitely, don't want until you are thin to start having fun. Being fat gets in your way and you stop doing things, which then makes you fatter. Start living like you are thin and you will be. That is my new motto.

On another note, soome good news today. The sweetie and I applied for a new apartment, a 3 bedroom townhouse. We found out today that we were approved. We're moving in a month. This will be so awesome, the girls will have their own rooms. Just in time, because the older one starts high school in the fall.

MichelleK 01-28-2005 02:18 PM

Just wanted to pop in real quick and welcome all the newbies to the group! You found a wonderful place to post!

I also want to report another 2 lb loss! I was shocked when I got on the scale at work today. I kept checking to make sure it was right! So far 10 lbs gone for the month of January! I'm psyched!

2Cute I guess I missed the plea for anyone wanting the new challenge...I do hope you added me to your list...thats always a given!

OK I gotta run. We have all been sick with a dreaded cold and my house is a disaster as usual!!

TTFN Michelle

2cute2Bfat 01-28-2005 02:24 PM

Teflonmot ... quote "Start living like you are thin and you will be "
I remember living by that motto in the past... and IT WORKED !! I lost weight and I had FUN in the process. :D Thanks for reminding me.

Only1specialK ... have I welcomed you personally ??? I don't remember... so here is an official WELCOME !!! I think I saw you on one of the other threads.

Angela... glad you got your challenge. I think it will be fun too. Making it made me feel closer to everyone already.

Marice... I have my fingers and toes all crossed for your weigh in. :crossed:

It is SNOWING here !!! We had sleet this morning... this afternoon is a BEAUTIFUL snowfall. I am staying snuggled in my warm little abode.

Michelle... we posted at the same time again. Great minds. :p
Congrats on your great weight loss. And yes... I mailed yours ... you have told me often how much you like to do the challenges.

Okay.. I am out of here again.

GizmoV 01-28-2005 06:57 PM

Good Friday Evening All,
Teflonmot ... quote "Start living like you are thin and you will be "
well I have never been thin, but I think this might help me too. I am game to try anyway
Terri-where in MO are you?
CD-glad you popped in, we were getting worried about you
2cute-I think your snow is about to reach my area
Everyone have a great weekend

Terri in MO 01-28-2005 07:29 PM

Gizmo - south side of Blue Springs.

We're getting a little rain and sleet this evening. Maybe snow tonight. Good because its Friday and I am not going to work in the morning. I just got back from walking the dog.

I'm off to do some other aerobic exercise. Probably the stationary bike.

DH is making a salmon for me and orange roughy for him. Yumm!

Later chicks!

SueMarie301 01-28-2005 09:04 PM

Hello Everyone!

Terri – I will go check out the post for that 2x2! :) Okie, I posted in the Weekly Weigh-in for 2005. So we report our weight every Monday?

2cute – What is this map that you are talking about in your first post for this thread? Heheh, I take short steps too but I only get 10 minutes between each class to hike my happy butt across campus, so they were short steps, but they were pretty rapid :lol: Interesting fact on that guy from American Idol. I’ll have to pass that onto my fiancé and sister… Thanks!

Angela - were you able to look into that diet power program? Also, did you get my PM about it? Not sure if you answered this before, just wanted to make sure you saw my post so you didn't think I was overlooking you.

Teflonmot – Yes, I know what you mean. I’ve been telling myself the same thing about not doing certain things til I lost weight. One of the bigger things is, getting married. I don’t want to be a fat bride, and for the longest time I’ve been putting it off. My fiancé and I have been together for 8 years and I still keep putting it off. However, as of lately, I have a new excuse. The VA pays for my tuition as long as I don’t get married. So… now that James and I have talked about setting a date, :lol: I have something else holding me back other than my weight. Ugg! But I hear ya!

It’s raining here again… BLECH! The ground is still saturated from all the rain we received before. We’ve already got some flooding up by my work and on my way home I saw a roll over…. Sigh… I know this is Fun Friday, I’ll get to the fun later, I’m am thankful for this storm not being as huge as the last. The Lord knows we can’t handle anymore rain, especially those in areas that were devastated by the last rain.

Okie, now as for the fun part… Tonight there is no league. My whole league took a bye and we will be making up the game later. One of my league members birthday is tonight and we’re all getting together tonight at a Karaoke bar (joy!) Actually the party is for the wife of one of the members of my bowling league. Wonderful lady! Suffers from arthritis and is unable to bowl anymore :(

But we are going to do a little celebrating tonight. So YAY for FUN! Hehehe..

Take care everyone!

Sue…

MichelleK 01-28-2005 09:22 PM

2Cute....I got mine I got mine! You are so darn creative!! I love this one the best! I can't wait to get started earning my cars! I'm gonna pick everyone up on my way!

We are expecting another snow/ice storm tomorrow afternoon into sunday afternoon! I just finished writing my list for the grocery store for milk, bread, juice, eggs and of course more sugar for John's coffee!! I tell him to just pour his coffee into the 5 lb bag!! Hopefully this time the county will be ready for it and we won't have a major gridlock like they did on the 19th! John works tomorrow but he should be home before it starts and he is off on sunday! I hate when he is out there on the road in bad weather! We had a cord of wood delivered today so if we lost power we at least have the fireplace to keep us warm and toasty! Oooh...I should get marshmallows too huh? We can toast them over the fire!! And graham crackers and chocolate bars! Oooohhh s'mores! Ok OK I'm only kidding!!!!

Marcie what are you expecting weather wise down your way?? I think you are suppose to get a little more than us! We are expecting 1-3 inches with ice underneath.

Gonna go finish watching Reba...one of the few shows I do watch! Talk at you all later!! Remember...start practicing now for the February State to State challenge!!

Jibbelle 01-28-2005 09:25 PM

Yeah, we are supposed to get a wintery mix tomorrow and sunday. I am anxious to see what happens...last time they said that we didnt get a thing! : ) Maybe we will get lucky again.

cdtobehealthy 01-29-2005 12:10 AM

Why is it so hard for me to do something that I know I need to do, something that makes me feel great, something that is going to make my life so much better?

I feel great because I just worked out. I could barely do 15 minutes of my workout video :mad: It could've been because I ate.. a ton of cookies today. But I did do 15 minutes and one mile. Then I did TONS of upper-body "weight lifting" toning exercises. Theres 9 in total and I did 10 reps for each arm for each exercise, with a 10 pound dumbell.

I was sweating so much .. and it felt awesome. I could really feel my body getting a workout with those toning exercises.

2cute - I recieved the challenge today! :) It is very cute. I noticed that I'm a bit lower on the map than I am actually am but it just made me smile! I didn't get airplane stickers :( But I'll find something to take place of them! I usually don't get the "bonuses" anyhow :P

Angela_aka_Alice - Congrats on staying OP! great job!

Teflonmot - You are so right about not waiting until you're thin to do things that will only help you get their quicker! I have to remind myself of this constantly. A couple of years ago I didn't fit on a rollercoaster - not even their biggest seat :( I've been horrified to go to any theme parks and on any of the rides ever since. It wasn't a very fun teenage life for me.. I'd go to water parks and just wait at the bottom for my friends. For a very long time I even used to lie to everyone and just told them I was afraid of roller coasters! I love them! I can't wait till I can ride them again. I try to get out dancing and playing sports more often though despite my weight :) And congrats on the approval !

MichelleK- congrats on the loss!

And to the rest of you who are recieving snow and sleet and rain, I hope you're staying warm :cool: and dry! It's seeming like winter is about to end here in Florida.. I am actually starting to get hot once in a while, but we still haven't turned on our A/C just ceiling fans :) Still really chilly at night too. Ah, I love winter and I don't want it to end :(

Now, I'm gonna try to go to bed so I can attempt to get up early and workout again :) I'm watching my Niece (6/7 years old) and my nephew (2 years old)
over night tomorrow so I'm gonna need my rest ;) :dizzy: :lol:

Much Love!

gmalil 01-29-2005 12:35 AM

Just checking in

Just wanted to stop and say Hi!
:wave: and want to stay 'current' with the posts, it is so easy to get behind and not know what the hey is going on :dizzy:
I've been busy getting things ready for a big family dinner here tomorrow. DH has cousins that he hasn't seen since childhood, so will be lots of telling of tales. I'm expecting 22 in all!
Idaho is having a heatwave! and a drought this year. it was 48 here today! Obviouly no snow. :(

ttyl