Old 10-27-2004, 01:24 AM   #1  
Dancing those pounds away

Arrow 300+ and Ready to Try Again ... #586

WELCOME !!!

We want to invite everyone to join us in our journey.
We share laughter and tears.
We share what works for us and what doesn't.
We recently started a Topic of the Day.

Monday........Motivation Monday
Tuesday.......Tuesday Tips
Wednesday.....Wednesday Weigh ins
Thursday......Thankful Thursday
Friday........Friday Facials, Fingernails and Fun
Saturday.......Sit-up Saturdays - any physical activity
Sunday.........Soup and Salad Sunday - recipes

These are not required topics ...just ideas to share. We have found them very helpful. We also share heartaches and fears...joys and celebrations.

WELCOME!
2cute2Bfat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2004, 01:44 AM   #2  

Lightbulb

Well good evening ladies. I did not want to start the new thread again but we were up to 32 posts ... so here I am. I am going to try and get in some replys tonight. If I missed you please don't get your feelings hurt. I only took notes from the last time I posted.

Mary.... You are still being missed. I replied to you and asked you several questions about Bay City but you did not respond.

Barbg... this year is the first time I heard of "Trunk or Treat". A church here does it too. The woman who started it here said she got it from a church in TEXAS. I wonder if it was your church.? They have been doing it here for 3 years now. How long has your church been doing it ???

CD.... I missed Biggest Loser tonight. I kept getting phone calls and of course I was also watching the World Series. I would think they would always vote off the skinnest... they have the least to lose. BUT... there are those who have more to lose who won't do what needs to be done to lose. I wish they judged by "effort" rather than weight loss.
When I attended "TOPS" I volunteered to be in charge of games and contests.
I always had the rewards based on positive ACTION taken .. not weight loss alone.
I got a lot of positive feedback from the dieters. They liked having their efforts recognized even on those weeks the scales did not show it. (Usually those weeks we lose inches)
HMMMM... maybe I will make up a game for here. I can only remember the ones for April and Easter right now.... OH !!! I have an idea for November. I am getting excited. I will have to get your addresses from Thin and mail them to those interested.

Thin... I can't believe there is only 2 months and Christmas will be OVER.
That means I have only 1 month and 25 days left to PROCRASTINATE.
Thank you for volunteering to make the Christmas Card exchange list. I know how VERY VERY busy you are and it means even more that you are willing to add one more thing to your TO DO list.... for us. {{ HUGS }}

Debra... It is good to hear one more positive review on the TiVo. I am getting excited now for my hubby's gift to be. How do you sign up for their service? I assume it comes with the Tivo.

Lucky.... Hmmmm... which character do YOU like best.?
Let me guess.... is it THE MAN !!!!!
Now tell me.... which character are YOU most like.?
I find that a much more interesting question.

Andria... When my kids were young I put the TVs in the closet for the summer TWICE,
It was great. We did more family things than any other time. It was always hard the first week... but once you got past that... it was great.
I must admit... I am finding myself watching too much... especially during the day.... But I sure do enjoy a couple of favorites. It is the one thing hubby and I do well together.
I haven't read your article yet but I am looking forward to it.

Chris.... CONGRATUALTIONS on the Red Sox victory.
I just wish the games were better and more exciting. I enjoyed the playoffs much more than the finals now. Hmmm... maybe the Cardinals will have to win a couple to make it more exciting. LOL

Okay... I am going to go work on my idea for a contest here for November/Thanksgiving.
It will be kind of juvenile .... I have a simple mind. LOL I used to be a day care provider so most of my ideas are simple minded to keep them easy for kids.
Old 10-27-2004, 07:51 AM   #3  
Lisa

Red face

Good morning all - I'm still trying to wake up - so hard to do when it's still dark out!

Not much to tell here, things have been busy and food has been so so. I'm doing better on my water intake - that's a good thing. And exercise can always be better.

Big Loser - yup, I'm watching it, too. I don't think they should have voted Lizzeth off last night, and what that guy did to her while giving his vote, what an A$$!!!! I hope they vote him off next. I was a little frustrated that they were disappointed in their "small" losses, and was glad that the one trainer mentioned that last week's big losses were mostly water. That this week they actually lost real fat. Plus they have to be gaining muscle tone with all that exercise. The only thing that concrens me is that how many of us in the real world have time to exercise like they are, and have a personal trainer to be working with us all the time. I wouldn't want it to discourage some people. I'm sure there are those out there that would try to lose weight thinking that they'll have the same dramatic results - and then be disappointed. Anyway, I think it's a good show and isn't pushing the drugs or surgeries to lose the weight. They are at least doing it with diet and exercise. Okay I'm off my now.

2Cute - I'm excited to see what your contest is. And, simple is good

Hi to everyone else! Gotta go get ready for work (which by the way I'm LOVING!)
ljs1223 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2004, 07:55 AM   #4  
a work in progress...

Yes! Games! We need some games!!

Hmmm...Lucky would have to be like the Terri Hatcher character...Susan? Sweet and well meaning, and a little goofy. Bree is too uptight, Gabrielle too materialistic/slutty, the other one too frazzled...Certainly not like Nicolette Sheridan's man eater! ...or is she? I like the mystery angle to the storyline...keeps it interesting while consuming all that CHEESE!!! And Mike is a HOTTIE!

My son has no school today...which means I am wasting valuable sleep time here! I had intended to swan dive into my bed the minute I got in from work and here I am...that's dedication for you!

2cute...Go to TiVo.com...You can order it there if you want. I just saw an ad there (while checking it out for you) for $99.99 for the box/$12.95 per month. Now I'm po'd dh paid $250! There are all different deals though. Check it out!

Okay, now I'm going to bed. The tree service guys are coming to give me an estimate between 12 and 2. Now, you KNOW, if I wanted them here ASAP, they'd roll up around 5 minutes to 2...Since I'd love a little extra sleep, I'm sure they will be Johnny on the Spot at noon sharp!!

Story of my life...

see you all later!
katrinabgood is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2004, 09:12 AM   #5  
Michigan Old-Timer

Default I'm bringing this over from the other thread so it won't be missed.

You guys all remember gmalil from California who was moving to Idaho?!?!?

Here's her post from the other thread:

gmalil wrote:

Thanks Thin for tracking me down and asking me to come back!
You were right, we have been moving, finally got into our new home 3 days ago. I have been very busy unpacking and arranging things, and have a ways to go yet!
It is turning out to be a good workout! I joined WW after we got to Idaho, but have not lost anything significant til this week. I weighed in tonight with a 4 pound loss, so am thrilled.
I'll have to do lots of reading of posts to get back in the swing of things around here!
ttys!

JOYce
thinthinker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2004, 09:36 AM   #6  

Thumbs up

Quote:
Now tell me.... which character are YOU most like.?
VERY good question, 2Cute. I would love to look like Nicolette Sheridan!!!!

Quote:
Hmmm...Lucky would have to be like the Terri Hatcher character...Susan? Sweet and well meaning, and a little goofy.
Ahhh, Kat you know me so well. All though being a man eater does sound appealing!

AND oh my God!!!!
Quote:
And Mike is a HOTTIE!
Nuff said!!!!!!!!!!!
LuckyLadyBug is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2004, 10:03 AM   #7  
Determined

Thin - I would like to participate in the card exchance - I have some really beautiful expensive cards left over from last year (if I can find them!). Excuse my newbieness, but do I just pm you with my address and consent to give it to others in our group?

I think I'm going to go downstairs and make a makeshift smoothie, get dressed, and head to the mall. My room mate and I are going to get some Halloween decorations (maybe costumes though I'm not doing anything this year ) and that'll be a lot of walking

Hope the rest of you have a great day !
cdtobehealthy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2004, 10:32 AM   #8  
Changin' my ways :)

S/C/G: 338/298/180

Height: 5'6"

Hey everyone

Congratulations Joyce! Glad to hear you are settling in. Hope the move went smoothly.

2cute, a game sounds like a lot of fun. Can hardly wait to see what you come up with!

CD, we'll have to compare smoothie recipes one of these days. I make a lot of them because it is an easier way to get in my 4 fruits a day when I'm not feeling hungry. Have fun shopping and decorating!

Kat, hey, my sleepless sistah... Hope you manage to get in a few hours today. I'm on my weekend! Of course, sometimes my schedule gets so twisted around that I can't sleep well at night anyway. One of these days you have to tell me how you work around that part. Did I ever share how I decided to work the food situation? I just go midnight to midnight. If it is 11:59 p.m., it counts for the previous day. 12:01 is the next day. I couldn't figure out any other way to do it. Otherwise I was over or undereating in the worst of ways.

Lisa, glad to hear you are happy to be back at work. I remember how nice it was to return to a land of adults where conversations involved more than talk of how to best get a toddler to eat more than peanut butter sandwiches three meals a day. I liked what you had to say about Big Loser and how sad it was that people couldn't see what the lower weight loss really is all about. I do wonder about people who watch those shows and try to do it all alone. There is such a thing as excess, and that is what so many of us are trying to recover from and return to a sense of balance.

Lucky, you sound like you must be feeling a lot better. Your posts sound very upbeat and cheery.

That is about everyone on this thread, and I'm due to leave for physical therapy in 5 minutes. Ummm... guess I'd better get into something besides a nightgown?

Andria
qsilver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2004, 10:46 AM   #9  

Have you heard the expression....
"If I didn't have BAD LUCK I would have no luck at all ??"
Well.... here is my luck with exercising today.

Old 10-27-2004, 04:38 PM   #10  
Michigan Old-Timer

Yup, CD, that's all you have to do. PM me with your address and give me permission to share it with the girls on the thread. It's that simple. BTW, no "newbieness" for you. You've been here too long for that!!!
Old 10-27-2004, 05:14 PM   #11  
Hang In There

The way I'm going here lately, is like this:

I weighed in this morning and again I stayed the same. It gets depressing when you have to really work at NOT GAINING!!! I have been posting here at 3FC almost 4 years and I weigh more now than I did when I started, not much only 3 pounds, but still... I loose a few weeks and gain it all back, even when I'm trying to loose. I exercise every day except the weekends, I drink lots and lots of water, no soda of any kind, everthing I do is right, so what is WRONG???

Okay that is off my chest, I'll go back and finish my water.
ageoldie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2004, 06:58 PM   #12  

Thumbs up

Barbg... {{{ HUGS }}} I know how you are feeling. BUT don't give up.
I don't have time to write more now.... I am walking out the door... but there is hope for you as well as all of us. I hope to write you more later tonight... maybe tomorrow. LOL

Okay.... I am about to walk out the door to go to an all you can eat buffet.
I have been GREAT all day and I don't want to mess it up now.
I am here to make a COMMITTMENT to all of YOU.

I have learned from all of you that we CAN pass on poor choices when eating out.
I have learned from all of you to substitute veggies for potatoes.
I have learned from all of you that it may be HARD to say NO to sugar dessert choices...

BUT IT CAN BE DONE !!! And I have done it in the past myself.

I am here to make a committment to all of you ... that when I go out tonight at the all you can eat buffet.... I will say NO to sugary desserts and high carb side dishes.
I will say NO to over eating .

I will promise to YOU that I will make healthy choices and eat in moderation !!!

I will not focus on the bad choices I am passing up...
I will focus on all the good choices availble.
I am doing this in your honor ..... in your names .
I am doing this to give back for all you have given to me.
I am doing this so you can say ... " Heck... if SHE can do it... so can I "

So it is written... So it will be done!!

Last edited by 2cute2Bfat; 10-27-2004 at 07:05 PM.
Old 10-27-2004, 10:43 PM   #13  

Geeze .... no one has been here all evening. I guess a lot of you are watching the game. I could have cheated at dinner and then come back and delete my prior post and no one would know the difference.

Let me give you a few clues as to how I did at my dinner.

Yep... I did GREAT !!!! I am soooo happy I posted my commitment just as I walked out the door because I think it made the difference of staying away from the dessert bar.

I had a small dinner salad... and a small shrimp salad.
I then ate roast beef and steamed/grilled veggies.
I got a broasted chicken thigh .. but it did not look done so I did not eat it.
I did not go back for seconds either. I did not have to get my moneys worth.
That is a big problem for me. Free food and getting my moneys worth.
But I stood strong tonight.

Okay.... I am not staying. I think I am even going to EXERCISE tonight too.
PS ... I am also working on ideas for our contest/game for November.

Let me be the first to congratulate all of you Red Sox fans.
Old 10-27-2004, 11:01 PM   #14  
Michigan Old-Timer

Hi everyone! Just passing by.

2cute: I love the idea of a game, just don't make it look like someone else's game. Don't want to be accused of copying!

Joyce: So glad to see you. I hope you got my PM so you know where I copied your post to. Glad you got moved and settled. Stop in soon and catch us up.

Barbg: Loved the progress picture! You're the one on the right, right????

I really want to write to everyone else, but alas, no time. Must go see the tail end of the lunar eclipse. Did anyone else see it???

Toodles. Love ya bunches.
Old 10-28-2004, 12:49 AM   #15  
a work in progress...

Default late post...

I thought I'd pop in for a quick visit before bed...

for the RED SOX! Dh is taking full credit for the breaking of "the curse." His rationale? We had never been to Fenway Park before this year, so it must have been us that brought them their luck!

Oh! Okay! Glad to be of assistance!

I did watch the eclipse...pretty neat! In between helping to edit my son's history paper with him. He had to pick a topic that included George Washington...wanted to do something about Valley Forge, since they were just there. He was going to write a letter, as a soldier, describing what it was like to be there. I suggested that he do a series of letters chronicling the time from Valley Forge to the Battle of Monmouth. (we live in Monmouth County, not far from where it took place!) He wrote his letters and I found some parchment paper at Staples to print them on. Mounted them on poster board over a 1776 flag. Looks good! I hope we get a good mark!

2cute! Good job! I know EXACTLY how you feel about "free food" or "getting your money's worth!" *sigh* You did very well, resisting temptation! HIGH FIVE, girl!

I had one of those revelations today that you have when you catch a glimpse of yourself by accident? HOLY GUACAMOLE, am I fat! I swear I don't look like that in my mirror at home! much!

Perfect example of SEEING WHAT YOU WANT TO SEE. Same reflection, but... what? Do I just focus on my hair, or face? I will change clothes if I think something makes me look "TOO FAT." What doesn't? But I must come to some kind of acceptance with my reflection or I'd never go out of the house if I saw the old fat lady that I saw tonight in a store window!!!

And you know what the really scary thing is? My first thought was to eat something. Comfort food. BECAUSE I WAS UPSET ABOUT BEING FAT.

I was really bummed by what I saw. Instinctively, I wanted FOOD, of all things, to make me feel better! Good thing I wasn't home or I just may have acted upon that urge before I had a chance to think about it. I had been having a great day, food wise. I was feeling a need to detox from sugar and carbs and crap, so I had been diligently eating raw, fresh veggies and fruit, tuna fish, cottage cheese and lots of water. Feeling good about it too. And then that feeling came over me like a tidal wave. I NEED COOKIES! OR ICE CREAM! NOW!

~and then~

a little voice inside my head told me that kind of thinking is precisely what got me to this size.

I can satisfy a craving to take my mind off my misery, but that lasts for only a few minutes, and then it only pushes me down further into this abyss of eating/guilt/self loathing/depression/more eating/more depression/etc. It's time to stop. Now.

So....long story short...(too late!) I have been totally OP all day! And feel darn good about it!

Gee, aren't you glad I decided to pop in for a quick post!

slinking off to bed now...but glad I got all that off my chest!

Thanks for "listening!" It's so good to know that you are all here for me, and understand the madness. We CAN overcome this.

katrinabgood is offline   Reply With Quote