Old 10-16-2004, 09:51 AM   #1  

S/C/G: 278/267.2/180

Height: 5'7"

Default 300+ And Ready To Try Again....#582

COME JOIN US!

We want to invite everyone to join us in our journey.
We share laughter and tears.
We share what works for us and what doesn't.
We recently started a Topic of the Day.

Monday........Motivation Monday
Tuesday.......Tuesday Tips
Wednesday.....Wednesday Weigh ins
Thursday......Thankful Thursday
Friday........Friday Facials, Fingernails and Fun
Saturday.......Sit-up Saturdays - any physical activity
Sunday.........Soup and Salad Sunday - recipes

These are not required topics ...just ideas to share. We have found them very helpful. We also share heartaches and fears...joys and celebrations.

WELCOME!
Terri in MO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2004, 03:04 PM   #2  
Changin' my ways :)

S/C/G: 338/298/180

Height: 5'6"

Hey everyone

All this talk of yummy food! Who says healthy can't taste good? Last night Adam brought home curried shrimp on a bed of saffron wild rice. Now that is food!!! Not a lick of guilt in there anywhere. The shrimp were even grilled.

I love that it has turned into soup time of year. Soups can be as intricate or simple as you want. There is no need to go for heavy cream bases with all the options out there. Maybe it is time to go through your favorite soup recipes and see if they can use some lightening up. Maybe your favorite is already totally OP and you just haven't thought about it for a while. I'm already planning to try Chris' pumpkin chili. It sounds delicious!

My favorite type of soup is one I can serve for several days in a row. Every day I add a new vegetable or something like kidney beans. If you happen to scorch the bottom, don't throw it out, just stir in a tablespoon of peanut butter. It not only takes out the burnt taste, it adds an amazing flavor. I also leave the starches out, cooking the rice or potatoes or pasta separately. That way I get a better portion control or I can leave it out completely for myself and still serve it to my growing girls. Soups are so versatile! My crock pot is going to be working overtime this winter.

Ummm... if you can't tell, that was Andria's "I love soup!" infomercial. I was just eating the last serving of my most recent concoction when I logged on to see how everyone was doing this weekend.

With a belly full of warm soup, the sleepies are kicking back in. I'm going back to bed. Have a great weekend!

Andria
qsilver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2004, 03:08 PM   #3  

Okay, so 11 people have lurked and not posted. Where is everyone?

Let's see. BarbPA, Lucky, and Lisa are having fun at Ikea. 2Cute and Thin are having fun in Detroit. Probably Susie too. So that's six of the bunch meeting up today.

This morning, I finished cleaning up the mess I made cooking last night. I sampled all three soups and liked them. I think I will run the one with the squash and potatoes through the food processer to puree it a bit. Now to get them in the freezer. DH liked the Hamburger Vegetable ministrone. I got the recipes in the South Beach recipe section here.

We've been out running errands. Home Depot. Bank. Post office. Grocery store. Fun stuff. I'm going to have DH go buy a snow blower tomorrow. I'm not shoveling like I had to last year. While it may be good exercise and that would be okay if I had more time at home. I think we'll buy it and offer it to the guy next door to see if he will keep our driveways clean. He gets home earlier than we do!

We stopped by the barn to check on the girls. They have put on their winter coats. They were glad to get out and have grass. Ginger is limping a bit in the leg that we had to doctor so much during the summer. I cleaned her foot good and that looks like it might have helped. I may take some hot water and epsom salts over tonight to give it a good soaking. I hope its nothing because I wanted to ride tomorrow with the neighbor gal. But the first priority is taking care of her.

I'm going to have a little nap and then outside to the sunshine. I need to do some yard work. Then I'll choose a cardio workout.

Have a good Saturday!
Old 10-16-2004, 03:09 PM   #4  

Andria, we were posting at the same time!
Old 10-16-2004, 04:50 PM   #5  
a work in progress...

I just lost my bleeping post and have no time to start again!

Will try to get back later.

katrinabgood is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2004, 08:42 PM   #6  
Christine

S/C/G: 340/328/150

Height: 5'4"

Post Onwards and Upwards

Evenin' Ladies,

It's been a busy week and I am glad it's over. I am afraid I didn't make the challenge...I gained 2 lbs. Oh well. Back in the saddle.

I started back on Paxil today. Guess what? It's only a $5 monthly co-pay compared to the $40/mo. Celexa co-pay! Whoo Oooohh..maybe we can save for a house now!

At any rate, had a busy day. I took the kids to the Hairy Bear to get Jenniah's hair cut, then out to a local farm stand to get a pumpkin. They had a blast picking it out. Then we went to a pizza/play place and played and had dinner. Small turkey sub for me. Mmmm. Then we stopped at K-Mart to look at Halloween costumes. Came home and hubby was waiting in our underground garage as he had just walked home from work. He had apparently forgotten his keys and was a wee bit ticked that we weren't home. Oh well.

Guess that's about it. Hope everyone is enjoying their get togethers.

TTFN
eddies_heart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2004, 10:51 PM   #7  

Thumbs up I did it

I am sorry it has been so long since I posted. I have been very busy and not feeling good. It is "that time". I really hate it. I have 2 days I cannot go anywhere.
I did succeed in the challenge. I lost 6 pounds.
I think the reason I was on the plateau is the dr. just put me on b/c pills 1 onth ago. When I started them I quit losing pretty much, but as soon as I hit the "off week" I lost about 2 pounds a day. I have a fear that when I start back tomorrow that I will not continue losing. I know I do not want to lose 2 pounds a day all the time. I guess I am ok if it all comes off during the "off week". It just seems odd. I just do not want to gain during the other 3 weeks. If any of you have experience of being on the pill while trying to lose please let me know how you did. I have to be on it for awhile anyway, and not because of the b/c.

THANKS

IN HIM
Tammy
momfamily is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2004, 02:06 AM   #8  
Michigan Old-Timer

Hello, ladies!

I figured if I'm still up at 1:52 AM, I might just as well stop in here for a quick drive by.

Well, my back felt much better yesterday and today. Not because it's healing, because I found some good drugs yesterday (Tylenol 3's, and not those cheap Canadian imitations either ). At least they have allowed me to function.

I had a real fun job yesterday. Well 4 really. It was watching gift wrappers wrap gifts in a couple of major department stores. Can you stand it??? OMG, that was almost as boring as watching paint dry. Luckily there was a chair available in each location so it wasn't a standing job. I'd have died!

Had a wonderful visit with 2cute, her daughter and hubby this evening. Well, I guess technically that would be LAST evening. We went out to dinner and then back here for a visit and dessert. It was not a "legal" dessert, but we're not telling!

I know a number of people popped in on the last thread that I have not acknowledged and I am sorry, but in order to keep up I have to start over here. Please forgive.

Terri: You must have indeed been lonely here today to finally do up your Bio. Yes, my dear, I did notice! It's nice to finally get to know you. I love that you're going to try to bribe the neighbor to do your snow with a new machine. Hope it works! *BTW, HAPPY ANNIVERSARY!!!!

Andria: That shrimp and rice sounds wonderful. We went to BD's Mongolian BarBQ tonight and I put some shrimp in my mix too. It was terrific.

Tammy: Good to see you! I was wondering what happened to you. 6 pounds is GREAT! Keep up the good work. Can't help you with the B/C pills. It's been years (too many to count, I might add) since I've been on them.

Katrina: I see you didn't get back here. Did you have to work tonight?

Christine: It's amazing how much different drugs cost so differently. Too bad they can't make them all affordable. I re-ordered Alegra D today for Honey and it's costing me $60 for the co-pay on a 3 month supply. Mind you, I'm not complaining because I sure know that there are alot of people out there who have no insurance, but I contend that if these dang drug companies didn't advertise on TV all the time, their stuff would be alot cheaper. "Ask your Dr. if this could be right for you" and then sometimes they don't even let on what the dang stuff is for.

Well girls, I think that is the shortest time I've spent writing a post in a long time. At least one that addressed everyone. It's 2:05 AM and I'm off to lala land. You all have a good one. Love ya bunches.
thinthinker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2004, 09:04 AM   #9  
Dancing those pounds away

Good morning all.
My husband is patiently waiting on me so this is going to be super short.

I had a WONDERFUL visit with Thin and her family. They are all just as nice as our Thin. And she is correct ... her son is a cutie. A very nice young man... as well as her hubby.

The BD's Mongolian Barbq was GREAT !!! I think it is a definite YES for the Spring Fling gathering. I ate very healthy there so I could enjoy that dessert waiting for me at Thins home. It was not just good food.. it was entertaining as well. You get to pick your own raw food and watch them cook it. It was really cool.

Okay... gotta go. We are headed out for a couple of days. Suitcase is packed so I don't know when I will be back again.

Thin... THANKS for the warm welcome you and your family gave us. {{ HUGS }}
2cute2Bfat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2004, 10:33 AM   #10  

Smile Back.

BarbPA and Lisa are SO nice.

I had such fun meeting and getting to know them "in person".

Thank goodness for cell phones and that we decided to meet early at the Ikea parking lot or I don't know if we would have EVER found each other!

At the end of the day I think we were all "dazed and blurry eyed" from looking at everthing while shopping.

I don't know if I should thank Lisa or not - she showed us a HUGE and WONDERFUL scrap booking store at the MOA!!! or I haven't decided yet!!!! I do know I am glad I moved to the country and don't live across the street from THAT store now.

I am so happy we had the day together, THANKS Lisa and BarbPA.

Now I can't wait for Terri to arrive!!!! ( Hmmmm another chance to hit the scrap booking store!!! )

Okay, Thin and 2Cute - spill it....what was the desert??????
LuckyLadyBug is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2004, 11:50 AM   #11  
Changin' my ways :)

S/C/G: 338/298/180

Height: 5'6"

Hey everyone

Tammy, great going! 6 lbs. is fantastic It has been a while since I was last on birth control. Hated the stuff with a mad passion until we juggled around enough and found the right prescription for me. I wouldn't worry too much about not having lost the other weeks this one month. If it happens again next month, it is probably time to talk to your doc about a different strength prescription.

Sounds like there were some really fun meetings! Do we get to see pictures?

I'm falling asleep at my keyboard. Just wanted to come check in before heading to bed.

Andria
qsilver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2004, 03:49 PM   #12  
Lisa

Talking

Darlings! How's your Sunday going? Seems to be a little activity here, though not much.

I have to say, BarbPA & Lucky are two chicks! What a blast to finally meet them in person and put a face to the name. We had such a nice time! Though, I have to say, Luckythat the Scrapbook store kinda found us, we were innocently coming off the escalator and there it was, I don't know how it got there! Actually, I'll bet if we drove around we could find a bigger and better scrapping store, too. And, yup, I was after being at IKEA - man was there a lot of people there! Guess I'm not used to those crowds!

Lucky & BarbPA for the great day - what fun!

Now we have Terri's visit to look forward to!

Thin & 2Cute - you realize that you have to tell us what the dessert was. You can't hold that info in! Glad that you had such a nice visit - now I can't wait for Spring Fling - BarbPA and Lucky filled me in about all of you,

Tammy - on the 6lbs gone. Doesn't it make you feel great?! I can't help you on the b/c stuff - I took them for about two weeks and quit cuz they made me soooo sick.

Andria - soup weather is the best. I just bought all the ingredients to make chili and potato soup this week. I'll probably make some wild rice ones too. Dh likes to take them to work on these chilly days.

Chris - I didn't make the challenge, either. And, you have the right attitude - back in the saddle again this week! Together we can all do it!!

Kat - Grrrrr! I hate it when that happens!

Terri - can't wait to meet you in a couple of weeks

We're having company tonight - should be fun. 'Cept right now it stinks in here. I put venison roast in the crock pot. Phewy - stinky! Everyone else in the house likes it, but I'm not a fan. I know that it's better for you than beef and it tastes better, but it sure stinks when it's cooking! I can even smell it over the pies that are baking!

I s'pose I better finish my cooking. Be back tomorrow! to all!!!
ljs1223 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2004, 04:12 PM   #13  
Hang In There

I did not make the challenge. End of subject.

I had a great day yesterday. Went with a church group to a town about 2 hours away (a touristy town) They were having an Autumn Harvest day and had all sorts of artsy/crafty booths set up all aound the square, then most of the "real" stores are artsy/crafty/cuitesy stores too. I was looking for the antique stores, but they had all been replaced with the current stuff. Anyway the highlight of the day was the concert. It was Old Time Rock & Roll and it was fantastic. It was about 2 hours and the performers were great. If anyone would like to check it out It's http://www.granburylive.com/
BUT...being with a group I had to go and come when they did (we were on a bus) and I pushed myself physically and I'm paying for it today. But it was such fun.

Last edited by ageoldie; 10-17-2004 at 04:25 PM.
ageoldie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2004, 04:51 PM   #14  
Christine

S/C/G: 340/328/150

Height: 5'4"

Post Laaaaazzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzyyyy Sunday

Hiya Ladies,

I slept until 10 am this morning and then fell asleep on the couch when Jenniah went down for her nap at 1 pm. Must've been a rougher week than I realized. Anyway, done nothing at all today and that's okey dokey with me. Made it to Curves 3 times again last week...that's 2 weeks in a row OP with that. Food has been awful this weekend, but looking forward to starting back up tomorrow with my South Beach/Rosedale recipes. Hubby was in a major cranky mood last night (hence my catching h*** over not being home to let him in when he forgot his keys ) I told him to go to bed and not upset anyone else...so he did...at 9:30 pm !! At any rate, he apologized before leaving for work this morning.

Guess that's about it. Glad the get-togethers went so well! Congrats to those of you who lost lbs...way to go!

Have a great rest of the day.

TTFN
eddies_heart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2004, 08:16 PM   #15  

Hi ladies,

Sounds like everyone has had a good weekend.

I'm not ready for it to end.

We have had a lovely day. Sunday school, church, lunch at Macaroni Grill, and a small nap. Today is our anniversary so we splurged at lunch. That means no dinner tonight but it was great.

Janet, my neighbor, and I went out this afternoon for a horseback ride. That was nice but I would have like a longer ride. It was such a beautiful afternoon. It feels like forever since I rode.

I need to go walk the dog here pretty soon.

Tammy - on your loss!

Lisa and Lucky - I'm so excited to be headed north in two weeks! Scrapbooking store!

Barb.G - Sounds like a fun time. I love those fall festivals. All the pumpkins and mums are so pretty. Time to get back on track!

Chris - DH's get a burr up their butt every now and then. At least he apologized!

Thin - Thank you for the anniversary wishes! Glad you enjoyed the bio. I knew 2Cute and you would have a great visit. I'm also glad that you back is beginning to feel a little better. Maybe there will be some exercise in the future.

Kat -

Andria -

I better hit the road with the dog. Have a great weekend and Monday. If I don't check in much next week it means I'm having another bad work week. Monday will be especially unpleasant and I hope it then settles down.

Goodnight!