3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community

3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/)
-   300+ Club (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/300-club-124/)
-   -   300+ And Ready To Try Again...#563 (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/300-club/45926-300-ready-try-again-563-a.html)

Terri in MO 08-31-2004 08:16 AM

300+ And Ready To Try Again...#563

Come Join Us!

We want to invite everyone to join us in our journey.
We share laughter and tears.
We share what works for us and what doesn't.
We recently started a Topic of the Day.

Monday........Motivation Monday
Tuesday.......Tuesday Tips
Wednesday.....Wednesday Weigh ins
Thursday......Thankful Thursday
Friday........Friday Facials, Fingernails and Fun
Saturday.......Sit-up Saturdays - any physical activity
Sunday.........Soup and Salad Sunday - recipes

These are not required topics ...just ideas to share. We have found them very helpful. We also share heartaches and fears...joys and celebrations.

WELCOME!

Terri in MO 08-31-2004 08:23 AM

:wave:

Its weigh-in day!!

I'm taking a 1.1 pound loss. I'm not sure exactly my starting point either because the scale has bounced all over the place the last two weeks. The lowest I had seen was 253.5 and now its 252.4. I'll be glad when the humidity goes away.

Good luck to everyone as you WI! And no feeling like you failed if you didn't achieve as much or anything. Just figure out why and move on to the next one.

I'm up for a short challenge since this will be a holiday weekend and will be a challenge in itself.

I'd like to go for another 1.4 loss by this time next week. That's only a one week challenge. But maybe it will help us stay motivated to not have a blow-out food weekend.

Anyone game?

I am feeling more and more focused this week. And its only Tuesday! Last night I walked the dog. I ate according to my food plan and nothing more than was on my list to eat. This morning I did general conditioning exercise and will make my food plan here shortly.

Time is slipping away and I have a busy work day ahead. Best get moving.

Have a great day!

j-ann 08-31-2004 10:17 AM

The 2 lb. Challenge is over and I lost more than 2 lbs.!

But even better the 2 lb. Challenge got me on the scale for the first time in about a year and back on track as far as watching what goes into my mouth.

I'm game for another one. :lol:

LuckyLadyBug 08-31-2004 12:47 PM

j-ann, I am with you - for some reason this seemed to help me.

Anyway I am down 3 lbs. I am getting motivated now. I have walked 40 miles so far this month - you would think I would be down more than 3!!!! :o

Just goes to show you it takes a lot of exercise to get rid of a small amount of fat!!!! :mad:

paperdoll 08-31-2004 12:59 PM

i am down 1 lb. it was a good challenge and i seem to be focusing more. gotta run the dentist is waiting, pat

katrinabgood 08-31-2004 02:55 PM

Challenge met...bring on another!!!

I lost 3 lbs!! Woo Hoo!!

Labor Day Challenge for 1 lb, anyone??????

SusieH 08-31-2004 03:18 PM

Down 2 pounds!

I am down 2 pounds, despite screwing around after weighing in at WW on Tuesday @ 300. I am now down to 298. Whoo Hoo!!!!! I am feeling pretty much in control since straightening myself up on Saturday morning after my meeting. I had one slip-up on Sunday, but I think that I recovered from that.

I weigh in on Saturday for my normal WW meeting, and I am hoping to see another 2 pounds gone. I am back exercising and cooking (boy I hate to do this! :yikes: ) and writing down my food.

I think my next challenge is to get down to 295 by September 18. That is only 3 pounds, but I don't want to be depressed if I don't make it. I really like the 1 pound a week goal.

Susie
347/300/298/295
Highest/Restart/Current/Mini-goal

j-ann 08-31-2004 04:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by katrinabgood
I lost 3 lbs!! Woo Hoo!!

Labor Day Challenge for 1 lb, anyone??????

I'm in! :hat:

Nice loss Kat ... Keep it up! :cheer:

qsilver 08-31-2004 07:55 PM

Hey everyone :)

I was down a 1/2 lb! Ok, I know it wasn't 2 lbs., but since I was up as much as 4 to begin with, being down at all is a very good thing. :D I am feeling super motivated again. This challenge is just what I needed! You know when you get the feeling that the Whoosh Faerie is about to visit again, and you are just soooo ready for her? :)

Ok, I have lots of homework to get working on, and these munchkins are going to think dinner is still a good idea tonight. Silly them...

Kat, had to reply to your not doing a WI until you have slept. I do the same thing! Must definitely be a night girl sort of thing. :)

Take care all! Grats on the great weight losses!

Andria

cdtobehealthy 08-31-2004 09:27 PM

No weigh in for me :( I still need a scale! My money should come in tomorrow :)

I did good and then bad today! I always do this.. today was my first day back at work... so lots and lots of walking and movement - 10 hour day. Lots of water, and healthy food. Then I had taco bell for dinner! :( I must stop this eek. I did walk down 4 flights of stairs today! Its so easy for me to walk down stairs I dont know why i don't do it more often.

Exercise Videos! Okay, sadly I lost my bid for 10 wonderful work out videos on ebay :( I'm very upset about it because I really want to get started with working out to a video.. and this was a great set. My question is - do you guys have any recommendations for good work out videos? I only know Richard Simmons and Belly Dancing (With the twins?) so I don't know what others I can do and are actually affective

anyone have an opinion on "Walk Away the Pounds" ? I like something that keeps me moving.. I gotta have fun :D So let me know asap please!

Hope everyone does well this week! My tip? Wear comfortable clothes! Wearing nice perfectly fitting light weight pants and a tshirt makes me sooo in the mood to be energetic and dance around :)

Terri in MO 08-31-2004 10:35 PM

:bravo: ladies! So far we have lost a collective total of 14.35 pounds! Way to go team! :cheer:

Those checking in include:

Kat
Terri
Barb.G
Pat
Judy
Lucky
Susie
Andria
anyone else?

Okay, roll call for the next challenge:

One pound gone by next Tuesday:

Terri
Kat
Judy
Lucky
anyone else?

We just got back from having a wonderful evening on the boat. I worked late and met DH at the dock at 6:30. He brought Mr Goodcents and we just relaxed for a change. No exercise this evening but I did do a good conditioning workout this morning. Too bad I couldn't have been this motivated during the last two weeks. :lol:

CD - I like the WATP tapes and other Leslie Sansone exercise tapes because her moves are simple but effective. Lots of gals here used to do the WATP. I also liked the Weight Watchers DVD that came out last January. They have it on ebay (Weight Watchers Quick Trak Diary and Exercise DVD is currently at .99). Try your local library to see what they have so you can try out different ones to see what you like. Good luck!

Its about time for bed. Good night! :wave:

2cute2Bfat 09-01-2004 02:50 AM

Well ... I am here to check in.
I have good news... and BAD. :(
I did lose my 2 lbs.... 3 times. I would lose it and then gain it back. :rolleyes:
I got very frustrated when I did so well following program the first week and did not keep it off. Then the second week.. I had great expectations... but fell short. So... the bottom line. I maintained.
Maintaining is great if you want to weigh the same. But I don't.
To make a long story short. The first week I followed program ... the second week.... I s-t-re-t-c-h-e--d my honesty on my eating.

So ... here I am. Embarrassed and ashamed that I can't even lose two %@# pounds.
But... I will try one more time. ONE POUND in one week.
I think Lucky said it right...Just goes to show you it takes a lot of exercise to get rid of a small amount of fat!!!!

OH.... I almost forgot....
CONGRATULATIONS to everyone who was successful !!! :bravo:
You guys just showed... IT CAN BE DONE !!!! AND YOU DID IT !!! :cp:

SusieH 09-01-2004 07:39 AM

I'm In

Count me in Terri!

Susie

Skittles 09-01-2004 07:59 AM

Too Good to be True

Ok ladies,

Well I knew it was too good to be true. :( I got the digital scale last night. A nice $40 scale they had on sale at kmart for $18. I weighed myself, mind you this was only an hour after dinner, but I wanted to check out the scale anyway. I weigh 311.5 lbs. :mad: So I do know that the cheap scale that I had was a big liar. It just changed so much it wasn't reliable. So the good news is I now have a reliable scale, the bad news is I weigh more than I expected. But I also have the motivation to get my booty in gear.

Put me in for the 1 lb challenge. I will do it.

Cd, I hope I didn't win your auction, I won Richard Simmons stuff, it ended about 8:45 central time on Monday morning. But this had more than videos it had the whole food mover thing and recipes.

I am being good with the soda, only drinking it at work. I hope to next week not drink it at all.

Well off to work,
not a happy Skit

Current 311.5
mini goal 275
goal 165

Terri in MO 09-01-2004 08:02 AM

One pound gone by next Tuesday:

Terri
Kat
Judy
Lucky
2Cute
Susie
anyone else?

Good morning!

Since I mentioned to CD how much I liked the free WW exercise DVD, why didn't I just get the darn thing out and use it this morning? Especially since I despise the evil stationary bike that early in the morning. So it took me 10 minutes to find the DVD. :mad: I only got through 15 mins before I ran out of time.

DH was talking in his sleep for several hours last night. He's never done that before. How bizarre. I'd be just about asleep and he'd say, "yep that's right. you know it and I know it." I moved to the futon across the hall and I could still hear him. I finally woke him up and said, who the **** are you talking too? But when he went back to sleep, he started all over again. I ended up back on the futon with the door shut. Not sleeping well cut into my morning exercise time. Geez.

2Cute - Have you been reading Dr P? Words you need to eliminate from your vocabulary are "embarassed" and "ashamed". That's just not good for you to feel about yourself. Learn from the experience and move on in a positive way. Make today a great day!

CD - Now I remember why I liked the WW exercise DVD so much. It combines cardio, stretching and strength building into three levels of routines.

Have a great day ladies!