Old 08-29-2004, 11:21 PM   #1  
Christine

S/C/G: 340/328/150

Height: 5'4"

Cool Hello to you all from a newbie

Hello,

I just joined this community and have read some posts. I just started the South Beach Diet last Monday and have lost 6 lbs. I freaked out at my success and binged on carbs today!!

At any rate, despite having an adoring and supportive hubby, I need some support from other women in my weight range who have struggled with losing. I am glad to be here, thanks to our wonderful 3 sisters who started it!

Have a great day.

Christine
eddies_heart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2004, 05:28 PM   #2  
Dancing those pounds away

Christine... I feel terrible no one has responded to your post. We sometimes get wrapped up in our routines that we forget to look for the stray posts.
WELCOME to 300+. I hope you are still lurking and find this reply.
Please come join us in the ongoing threads and let us get to know you and you to know us. Be sure to hit "POST REPLY" instead of "New Post". That way you will join in with the rest of us.
2cute2Bfat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2004, 10:47 PM   #3  

Default another newbie

Hi Christine-

I'm a newbie who just posted asking if there were any other newbies, then I found your message. Should have checked that first I guess. Anyway, I too need support; although I would prefer that somebody do the whole diet and exercise thing for me. I actually enjoy the exercise, it's the whole diet business that makes my head spin. But it is time to change, so here I go again, and I am hoping that joining this forum will give me yet another reason to stay true and be accountable. Hope to see more posts from you soon - Red
therubyslippers!! is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2004, 04:48 AM   #4  

Red face Newbie - Can I join your group?

Hi Everyone -- Not sure if I *quite* qualify for this group. Right now I weigh 283, but I was about 320 by the time my son was born 6mo ago.

Had a rough night. Went to a support group with my friend who had gastric bypass surgery. Although I'm not really considering that route, it did make me think a lot about my health.

I'm just hoping to meet other people who are trying to be healthier.

Mo
Marinka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2004, 10:10 AM   #5  
BELIEVE!

HI Marinka - No need to 'qualify' for the group. You will see that we are women with a great amount of weight to loose. Some over 300, some under it. We understand the struggle of needing to lose more than 5 or 10 pounds! We have an on-going numbered thread that we update every 30 posts just to help everyone keep up and not have pages and pages of posts to read through. Please feel free to jump on in and join us. You will find wonderful women and a great support system here!
Barb
BarbPA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2004, 07:42 PM   #6  

S/C/G: 350/336/299

Height: 5'7''

Default Welcome

Hi Marinka,
You sound like me.. I was 318lbs when I had my son. I gained 62lbs with him. Now Im am back to 255. I am 10lbs away from pre-pregnancy weight but I thought that I would never be close or see it again. I was stuck at 283-285 for about 3 months. Now I am stuck at 255-260 for the past month. I know that it's a plateau. Im going to GYM it out though. I thought that this would be some good motivation for you to keep on going strong with your diet...
SkinnyMemories is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2004, 08:36 PM   #7  
Christine

S/C/G: 340/328/150

Height: 5'4"

Smile Greetings, Felicitations and Welcome!!!

Hiya Ladies,

Welcome to the group! It's hard to believe I've been a member for almost 2 months already! You will find that this group is like having a whole bunch of best friends/sisters rolled into one in cyberspace. Please come join us in the main thread. See you there!

TTFN
eddies_heart is offline   Reply With Quote