Old 08-13-2004, 07:09 AM   #1  

S/C/G: 278/267.2/180

Height: 5'7"

Default 300+ And Ready To Try Again...#556

God Bless America!

We want to invite everyone to join us in our journey.
We share laughter and tears.
We share what works for us and what doesn't.
We have a Topic of the Day.

Monday........Motivation Monday
Tuesday.......Tuesday Tips
Wednesday.....Wednesday Weigh ins
Thursday......Thankful Thursday
Friday........Friday Facials, Fingernails and Fun
Saturday.......Sit-up Saturdays - any physical activity
Sunday.........Soup and Salad Sunday - recipes

These are not required topics ...just ideas to share. We have found them very helpful. We also share heartaches and fears...joys and celebrations.

WELCOME!
Terri in MO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2004, 07:33 AM   #2  

Default Me again

Good morning,

I'm in a little better frame of mind this morning. Although I do long for the weekend to begin.

Ever have a chigger bite on that little place right at the top of the crack of your butt? Good grief what a terrible place to itch. Must be from the hay.

Another cool, beautiful day here.

My restful evening away from the horses didn't occur last night. I didn't get home from work until 6:30 and was so beside myself that DH that it would help me to go out and let them out for a bit. It did help except for when they got into a kicking the crap out of each other match. Tonight I have to go out and weed eat. DH is mowing out there today. I bartered yard work for seven bags of wood shavings to use for the stalls. That and we're helping them prepare for a roping event they are having on Sunday. We're serving as food staff for that.

On a food and exercise front, I've fallen apart this last two days. No exercise and poor food. I'm going to have to get it together because work is only going to get worse. There are some things going on that I probably shouldn't discuss since I signed a confidendiality agreement and do access this website from work. However, it is stressing all the financial staff to accomplish this and especially my boss. But she was a to begin with so I'm not being unkind. Now she's super . And arrogant. She thinks she'd accomplishing all this in spite of her incompetent staff when we're the ones who are covering for her mistakes. We know she's telling other people that its us who are providing bad info. Every day we tell each other....hang in there because she'll be 55 in less than two years and she'll retire. Actually, we're hoping that she gets canned. Anyway..sorry for the ramble about that. How did that happen. Guess I'm not quite in a better frame of mind after all.

I've got to remember that me getting into the 240's is my priority and that is what I'm working towards.

Debra - I loved that comment about "boiling his lobster". i asked DH about us joining the YMCA so that we could go swim for exercise. It would be perfect for him. But he doesn't want to swim where other people have been swimming. Sounds like a stupid excuse to me. His idea was to put a lap pool in the yard. But we'd need a cover to use it all year. He even got kinda pissy about the fact that I said no. Oh okay, paying $45,000-$60,000 to have a pool put in with a dome cover just because he's finky about other people in the water is reasonable compared to $64 a month for the Y? Besides that, the dog would probably get in it and have black hair everywhere.

Lucky - Glad the blister area was better. How come your foot swelled? Good job on the exercise!!! Are you feeling better, except for the feets, for doing all the walking?

Thin - You go girl! That sucks about the cell phone. Hopefully it will turn up and some creep didn't get it and run up the charges.

Scoot - Great pics! I have had that dream of walking on that trail too. Hey, sounds like Fall Fling 2005 or 2006 to me!

I better get around and get dressed. Hello to everyone else!

Its FUN FRIDAY. Make it a great day.
Old 08-13-2004, 08:24 AM   #3  

S/C/G: 325/

Height: 5'8"

Cool Be Forwarned- Bad Joke Ahead!

Morning all,

Well my is off to Arlington Park today to work. His company runs the food and beverage there so he is going down there to help with the parties and the fun food for the horse races. I wish I could have went too, I don't know what I am going to do with myself while he is gone. I am up and getting ready for work today. I don't want to go but hey, it's Friday and I don't have to be there tomorrow.

Thin, way to go on your machine. I am glad you are working at it. Keep it up.

Debra I cannot reccomend to you enough to go have it done. It was scary, but it turned out to be worse because I had waited so long. The longer you wait the bigger it will get, and it really starts to mess up your digestive system when you have part of your intestine being squished through a hole. I have two pieces of mesh in there attached to my muscle now to cover up this hole. And recovery is always different for everyone, so go have it done.
I got mine from having gallbladder surgery last year. It weakened my abdominal wall. What I thought was just scar tissue was actually the hernia. As it gets worse it can start to hurt. That is what made me go to the doctor what that I was hurting. Trust me, get it done, in the long run it is better for you.

Well running behind today. Take care all, I have to Skit-daddle, yeah, I know it was bad.

Skit
Skittles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2004, 12:39 PM   #4  
BELIEVE!

Hi Ladies!
TGIF!!! I am so happy that the weekend is here again! We don't have much planned -- hopefully staying in and dry away from the hurricane heading up the coast. Tonight we'll be watching the opening of the Olympics and the Eagles pre-season game.

Well, I have started on the metformin. I am starting at 1 pill (500mg) a day and easing my way to 3 a day over the next week or two. They cause tummy problems so my body has to get use to it. I may be staying close to the bathroom for a while. The good part is that many people tell me they have lost about 10 pounds when starting the meds. Can only hope.

Food and exercise have been very inconsistent lately and the scale is telling me. I am also waiting on my period that should have been here yesterday or today. I just want to get it over with and get rid of the bloating feeling.

I had my 6-month check-up with my endocinologist today for my Thyroid. He said all is well, continuing my same dose for autoimmune thyroiditis. We talked about all the crap going on with my IVFs and he asked how I was feeling overall - I just had to say "I don't know". He chuckled and I just explained that will all the emotional ups and downs I don't know how I feel from day to day. Some are great others are not so great. I think he understood.

Sorry for the "me" post. Just wanted to get all that off my chest. Gotta get back to work.

Terri - Chigger bite on the butt from rolling around in the hay? Just kidding - doesn't sound like fun. Sorry about the BS at work!

Hugs to all!
Love,
Barb
BarbPA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2004, 03:46 PM   #5  
Lisa

Hey chickies - the past couple of days have been days from #$%^. I won't bore you with gory details right now. Just had to pop in and say "hi" and that I've been thinkin' 'bout y'all hopin' that your days are better!! And now I can't even get the stupid smilies to work - grrrrrrr!

I'll come back later when I'm in a better mood. :-(

Love to all!
ljs1223 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2004, 12:13 AM   #6  
a work in progress...

Quick "hi" before beddy bye...I just watched the Olympics Opening Ceremonies...I love seeing all the countries parade out. Geez, I never heard of some of those places! It's so uplifting to see all the representatives of countries from all over the world, united, together, for a common cause....

Namely, to KICK THE $HIT out of each other!

In a sportsman-like fashion, of course..

gotta go!
katrinabgood is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2004, 11:48 AM   #7  

Good morning ladies,

Where is everybody? It has been too quiet lately.

I'm up and about this morning. I'm cleaning house and doing chores. I also want to work in some exercise. Finish Dr Phil Chap 10. Go on the boat. Eat well. Take a nap. Sounds like a full day.

I survived another bad day at work on Friday. I even left at 3:30 because I was so tired. That and all my peers took off early and the boss left too.

I went shopping. Some of our cities were doing tax-free shopping so I went to Kohl's. I am working on doing controlled shopping instead of blow-out shopping. Just because something fits doesn't mean I have to buy it. I needed a new pair of jeans for jean days at work. I bought a pair of size 20 Gloria Vanderbilt. They look good. I bought two short-sleeve sweaters in size 2X which look great too. Not that long ago, it would have been 3X and 22/24 jeans. I've had to quit wearing some of my 3X sweaters to work because they are too big and sloppy looking. Gee, I could be buying size 18 jeans if I'd get my butt in gear. Not that far off.

After shopping, we went out to the barn. Tanyah needed exercising and I needed to ride, so I saddled her up. I just rode around the pasture in back of the barn, which is quite large, and it was very peaceful. She wanted to trot so we trotted A LOT. I rode for at least an hour. I didn't realize how hard I was working but I worked up a sweat too. My legs feel it today. But I'll work that out just doing housework.

I better get busy. My first duty will be to throw myself into thorough cleaning of the master bedroom and bath. And a few trips up and down the stairs to the laundry. After that, bending and stretching while dusting and vacuuming other rooms.

And since its SITUP SATURDAY, a few minutes on the big green ball.
Old 08-14-2004, 12:45 PM   #8  

Smile

BarbG: We are "disease sisters". Fibro is an auto-immune disease too. But it seems like everything is these days.

Terri: Sorry about your boss - wouldn't it be nice if we could all just do what we wanted and/or spend our time with only those we like? BUT since some dummy decided we need money to buy things!

I did wee eating last night.

Thin: EXERCISING!!!! You go girl!!! You have inspired me to get my huge a$$ dark green (not to be confused with my first ball that was lime green) ball completely inflated.

BarbPA: Eagles - BOOOOOOOO

VIKINGS YEAH!!!!!

I got my walking in, showered and had some coffee. It's 11:33AM and I still haven't had breakfast. I can't eat or drink before my walk or I can't make it before the bathroom is calling my name and there isn't one where I walk.

I did my yard work and cleaning in the house last night so I can have today as "me" day. 1. I have to catch up on Dr. Phil's reading and posting here on the thread. 2. Read for relaxing 3. Get my huge a$$ dark green ball filled to capacity 3. I might even try something to improve my mind!!!!

I have been listening to an Oprah show on addiction to pills and am learning, as Dr. Phil says (see, tell those hubby's Phil knows of what he speaks) I don't require enough of myself. I dabble at controlling my diet and exercise.

Oprah says she is a food addict and it is no different from any other addiction. All addiction is the same. It is no different than say, heroin addiction. A heroin addict has to stay in control and work at not taking heroin EVERY day - I don't take my food addiction as seriously as I need to.

On that note I am off to check on some friends in Florida - that they are safe and then to research addiction - anyone have some insight?

Last edited by LuckyLadyBug; 08-14-2004 at 01:00 PM.
LuckyLadyBug is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2004, 12:46 PM   #9  
a work in progress...

I forgot to weigh in on Monday! I DID remember on Tuesday or Wednesday and thought, ehh, I haven't been very diligent, maybe I should wait. That's like giving myself carte blance to eat whatever...So I mustered up the courage to get my big self on the scale this morning and face the music, come what may...

I LOST 2.5 lbs. :

I don't know why or how, but I'll take it. My only explanation is that although I didn't eat very well, I wasn't eating as much, due to erratic sleep patterns. No matter. With renewed enthusiasm, I plan on dragging out the WW stuff and will start counting points once again. With Dr Phil on my shoulder. I was almost embarrassed to write that, thinking, "Here we go again." and "How many different diets are you going to try?" And then it occurred to me.

AS MANY AS IT TAKES TO GET THE JOB DONE.

When it stops becoming important to me to at least TRY, all will be lost.

So, with that in mind, I'm off to do some house work, hang some curtains, and find something to wear for "Girls Night Out," our once a year outing...a get together with some girls that I've known for almost 30 years. We used to work together...I'm the only one still working in the same place. Lots o' laughs tonight!

Gotta run...have a great Saturday, all!

Last edited by katrinabgood; 08-14-2004 at 12:54 PM.
Old 08-14-2004, 01:07 PM   #10  
a work in progress...

ummm. Lucky? My name is Kat and I am a TOTAL food addict/compulsive overeater.

There is a good website...I'm trying to think of the name...I think it's the recoverygroup.com...they have online OA meetings. Lots of insight there.
Old 08-14-2004, 05:17 PM   #11  
a work in progress...

Question Was it something I said?

Where IS everybody?

Old 08-14-2004, 06:39 PM   #12  
Lisa

I'm here! Been super busy, though. Everyone must be out enjoying the weather.

I'm off to Colorado tomorrow for a funeral (yuck). My uncle had a heart attack and died on Thursday so I'm taking my mom and her sister out there. Our flight leaves at 6:00 am (eewwww), which means we have to be at the airport by 4:00 am, WHICH means we have to leave home about 2:45 am. Ugh. Can you say Lisa is gonna be a tired girl!? Hopefully we can check into the hotel early and nap!

Anyway, I hope they have a guest computer that I can use. Then I'll try to check in.

Have a great rest of the weekend . . . love to all!!
ljs1223 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2004, 07:45 PM   #13  
Hang In There

Lucky-my disease sister. Yes disease sucks. I've really had a bad week this week, but it's the first really bad one I've had in a while. Hopefully this "Flare" will be over soon.

Thin-Please get out those Oxycise tapes and start doing them daily and post about it so I will get my rear in gear. Believe it of not, OXYCISE WORKS!!! I can't stress that enough, but I can't make myself be consistent in doing it, and you have to be consistent for it to work!!! Anyone else out there have Oxycise tapes, and want to join us? Kat don't you have them? or is it someone else? Anyway I need someone else to do it to keep me legal.

Terri- Look on the bright side, at least you aren't married to the mean ole boss!!!

Lisa-Sorry to hear about the death of a relative. We will keep you and your family in our prayers and wish you a safe trip. Are you driving? or Flying?

I've added carring 3 pound weights in each hand as I walk. Hopefully that will be the little nudge I need to get me over this hump. I can't seem to keep my eating and my exercising together. The scales keep staying the same, but my body keeps getting bigger and bigger.

We had a ladies day at our church today and it went very well. I was on the decorating committee and everything looked wonderful. It was over early and I came right home and went to bed. DH was home when I got here, he was getting ready to go play golf, so I've had the whole afternoon alone. It has been really nice. NO TV He keeps it on even if he's not watching it!

Hope everyone has a nice Sunday. My sister is starting to work on Tuesday.
ageoldie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2004, 09:33 PM   #14  

Good evening ladies!

We just got back from a very lovely boat ride. We've had a pretty good day. I did make a lot of progress in cleaning house today. I just can't get it all done at once. But I'm happy with what I accomplished. I would do better if I'd just set aside 30 minutes a day for house work. Maybe it wouldn't get so overwhelming.

After that we ran a few errands, ate at Sonic, and had a light snooze. I had to pry DH off the couch and away from the PGA golf match and the Olympics. He wanted to have a little snit about missing synchronized diving. But he thought better of it. Maybe it was the comment that I'll go for a boat ride by myself that changed his mind.

We went over to the barn to let the girls out for some grass and stretch their legs. There is still drama going on as the "barn girls" made a special point of saying that none of their hay was for sale no matter the price. Grizzle had only asked because they are doing a special roping event tomorrow and it was a 'just in case' comment. They showed up at midnight and installed a top gate to the stall with their hay with special padlocks. A stall that Grizzle isn't charging them for btw. Tonight, the fiance came out while we were there and he started up Grizzle's tractor and used it to put a big hay bale in with their horses. This after he made a special phone call to the girl because there were some coolers outside that Grizzle plans on using tomorrow but they happen to belong to the girls. Good grief, its Peyton Barn place.

We were happy to leave and go over to the boat. More bending and stretching as I leaned over the sides to scrub it down. The water was so peaceful. The sun was warm but still a chill in the air. The trees are taking on a late summer look. Doesn't seem that long ago that they were so lush and green from all the rains. It will be gorgeous in a few weeks.

Its such a wonderful night, I'll have to walk the dog.

Lisa - I'm sorry about your uncle. I'll say a prayer for your trip and for the family. And for sleep on the plane!

Barb.G - I hope you're feeling better soon. And thanks but DH is mean ole boss enough. That is something to remember! We're all floundering some and we need to get it together so we can make some progress before the holidays.

Kat - Good job on the loss! No matter how it came, so much better than a gain! Have you heard from the baby girl again? Don't look at it as "here we go again" but rather as you need to crack down a bit. Even if on points, sometimes we need to get a grip on food because after a while we get a little lax.

Lucky - Hot dang girl, you're doing great with the walking. Did you get the big ball inflated yet? Oops, I forgot to get on mine.

2Cute - How are you doing now that your baby girl must be on the road? Check in when you can.

I'll go do some work on the big ball now while I wait for DH to cook dinner.

Hello to everyone else! Like Kat said....where is everybody?
Old 08-15-2004, 12:48 AM   #15  

Thumbs up

That's a NO on the green ball inflation today, Terri.

The welcome home party for my niece started early - 3PM and I just got home at 11:45PM. We barbequed, I had chicken breast and talked. The kids played while the grown ups sat around the bon fire. It was nice. The stars looked great.

Any way, I am tired and am off to bed.

That ball WILL get inflated tomorrow.

LuckyLadyBug is offline   Reply With Quote