Old 08-14-2004, 12:14 PM   #1  

Smile Book Study /Chapter #10/ Aug 8th to Aug 14th

Greetings to all lurkers and posters.
This is going to be a new thread topic focused on "studying" Dr Phils The Ultimate Weight Solution
We invite you to read the entire book or take it one chapter at a time, following the discussion within this thread.

Each Sunday we will start discussing a new chapter for that week.
This will be a 12 week program. We hope all of you join in every week.

If you just now found this site... be sure and go back and read all the threads for each previous chapter we did.
If you are joining us late... just go back and read each chapter and add your comments in that chapters thread. Be sure to let us know in the current thread so we can go back and read your comments.

It is recommended you have a pen, pencil and/or a colored highlighter with you as you read.
Mark every word, sentence, phrase or paragraph that hit home for YOU.
Read each chapter as if you are going to be tested .. (You're not going to be tested)
Then come to this thread and share what hit home for you... what you took away with you from that chapter and how you are incorporating it into YOUR life.
Feel free to post often ... you may get a dozen different topics you want to share per each chapter.

I know many can read the entire book in an evening... others will need a week... while some of us may need the entire 12 weeks. There are 12 chapters ... plus a few extra topics at the end. But the idea of this thread is to share what we learned from each chapter and learn from others insights.

You do not have to be a Dr. Phil fan... many here are not. BUT... let's face it... we can all learn something new that just might be what will make a difference.
Each Sunday anyone can feel free to copy and paste this introduction and then start the new study.
Be sure to title it Book Study /Chapter #/ date-date
We are looking forward to reading everyone's input.
LuckyLadyBug is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2004, 12:18 PM   #2  

Thumbs up

I just had to post the quote from Walter Winchell at the beginning of this chapter: Key Seven: Your Circle of Support

A friend is someone who walks in when others walk out.

I have a lot of friends and this really sums them up!!!

I am "a little" behind but will catch up today.
LuckyLadyBug is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2004, 08:34 PM   #3  

S/C/G: 278/267.2/180

Height: 5'7"

It was interesting to read about the people in our lives who sometimes make it difficult to lose weight.

My mom is one. I'll say..."Mom, please don't make a bunch of food. Don't make a bunch of dessert stuff." And what will she do? Bake a cake or give me Schwann's ice cream. It is certainly my fault for not turning it down.

My husband is an unintentional saboteur. He cooks for me because it is something he can contribute and do for me since his physical abilities are limited because of the diabetes neuropathy. We've had many arguments about food. Because I get frustrated that no matter how many times I've planned a healthy eating plan, he refuses to learn. There will be times when he does great. If I plan healthy, he'll cook healthy. But left to his own devices, he is a nutritional disaster.

I don't have too many friends that are issues.

I am my own worst saboteur though. I allow myself to get lax with the food. I make choices that I know are not going to help me towards my goal.

Now, how to master this key by being able to deal with the two people in my life that I could use more help from?
Terri in MO is offline   Reply With Quote