300+ And Ready To Try Again...#553

You're on Page 2 of 2
Go to
  • Kat: I am proud of you!!!! I just hate it if it's cold. brrrrr OH, and the mosquitoes!!!

Didn't get a walk in tonight. Just got home from the Nursing Home Family picnic. They do very well but always serve meat, which I don't eat. ( AND I made a rhyme ) So, I don't eat much at those nursing home parties.

Night all,
  • Lucky & Kat - I'm game for a BWCA fling!

Just had to pop in and say "night all." C ya tomorrow!
  • Hey everyone

Please, oh please, forgive me for being such a mememe type of girl lately. I promise to make it up as soon as life slows down a little!

I probably won't be back for another post before leaving on vacation because I work both jobs tomorrow and have a big batch of curry dipping sauce to make up. I'm leaving straight from the night job to the airport on Saturday morning. Don't worry, Adam will be doing the driving.

The reason I'm in here instead of being a good little chick who is doing her packing (besides the obvious... it is still packing!) is because I had some more incredible news to share with all of you! Just take a gander down at that siggie line!
  • Hello girls
    Well its only a few days left till we leave on vacation. I sure am ready.
    Thin looks like we are going to miss each other. DH says it will push us on Friday to get to Frankenmuth then back in time for the birthday party.

I wish I had asked for Monday off too so I could pack and get ready.

Food is soso I haven't weighed in several days.

I'll run get ready for work catch you later
  • [QUOTE=qsilver]Hey everyone

The reason I'm in here instead of being a good little chick who is doing her packing (besides the obvious... it is still packing!) is because I had some more incredible news to share with all of you! Just take a gander down at that siggie line![/QUOTE

338/298/180ish?

I NOTICED!!!!!!

Ain't success sweet?????
  • Good afternoon ladies!!

Whew, I am thankful that it's Friday for sure this week! I have been on the road so much this week taking the little big man and his friends back and forth to skateboard camp. I really am gaining a whole new respect for those who have a long commute back and forth to work every day! I am already starting to have a bit of "road rage", or just speaking aloud in my car about stupid things other drivers do on the road near me. I know it's useless because they can't hear me anyway, but it sure hasn't stopped me *LOL*

I did finally get all the doors and baseboards painted downstairs here! *woohoo* The more I hear you all talk about wallpapering, the more I am not sure now that I want to do that *L* I really like the look of a crisp, clean wallpaper, especially a nice bright one like I had envisioned for my kitchen, but not having one that I like as well as how hard it is to put up right and then replace when the time comes, I am on the fence so to speak. The way my kitchen is laid out, I may be better able to wallpaper a few areas and then have a complimentary paint on the harder to get to areas...I guess time will tell

In other good news...our furniture is in and will be delivered tomorrow! *VBSAO* I steam cleaned carpets in the living room this morning and plan to wash the windows and blinds in there while the "old" furniture is out of the room tonight; getting all cleaned and ready for tomorrow...I am beyond excited! hehe

I also lost 3.2 lbs in the last 8 days according to my new scale! I worked out every day this last week but once and really watched what I was eating, other than those 2 brownies that I just had to have when I made a pan for the guys *L* All in all, it's been a great week!!

Lisa ~ Welcome back hon!! Wow, it sounds like you and your little Em had an absolutely fabulous time out on your camping trip! Your seeing that wolf reminds me of when I saw a fox running around IN OUR NEIGHBORHOOD back a few months ago. I was out working in my flower bed when I saw what I thought was a dog run across the street a few houses down, but as it got closer to our house, I noticed the bushy tail, pointy snout, and beady eyes *eeps* I was up and in the house quicker than you can imagine *LOL* I watched it mosey down the road and go off into the ditch down by the stream that runs between the houses...looking for frogs and other little unsuspecting vittles, I imagine. Hope your hubby gets that job too...good stuff!

Lucky ~ No meat?? Oy, I don't know how you do it...I am such a carnivore here *L* Are you a vegetarian or vegan? I read a book on how meat destroys your body and was not meant for human consumption years ago (Fit or Fat, I believe it was) and almost was ready to stop eating meat after that, but just a week without steak and I was putting salt on my hubby's fingers and starting to chew and he immediately took me out for a nice steak supper *rofl* Ok, it wasn't quite THAT bad, but I really do not know that I could go without meat for very long.

qsilver ~ OMG, 40 lbs lost and under 300...YOU GO GIRL!! Very happy for you and hope you have a great vacation!!

Everyone have a wonderful day and SMILE like you are doing something you hadn't ought to be doing *woo-woo*

Kit
  • Miss me?
    Hey Everyone!

Sorry I haven’t posted in a long time but I have been reading the posts. I weighed in last Tuesday had a 2.5lb gain. I gotta get back to drinking my water. I have been doing Tae Bo and walking on the treadmill. So I can get that 2.5 back off. I hope everyone is doing well. I wish I was going on vacation… . What is a Spring Fling. Everybody keeps saying it but I am like huh? Who? What?

I have been doing okay with my food. Except that my dad made Fried Green Tomatoes …yummy very yummy…but not when you are trying to lose weight.

Kit: I wonder how many calories you burn in Road Rage. You know you waving hands and fingers. I would hate to have to commute to work. Congrats on the 3.2 weight loss!! I loved your last line “Everyone have a wonderful day and SMILE like you are doing something you hadn't ought to be doing *woo-woo* ” LMAO that made me smile big time.

Lisa: Sounds like you had a great time on your camping trip. Hooray! I would have loved to see the wolf. Did you say you had a Solar Shower? What exactly is that? Does it come with the pine tree? I hope you Dh gets the job. Graphics sounds like fun. I was almost an art history major but switched.

Lucky: I didn’t eat meat for 3 years. But then swear to God I wanted a Big Mac and it went down the tubes from there. I said a pray for you poor Green Ball…:ROFL:

Qsilver: WTG!!! Congrats on being under 300 WOOHOO!!!

Terri: How is Ginger?

Thin: I am glad you mom is doing well. Can’t wait to hear about the Pilates machine

BarbPA: Hooray for second opinions!!

Skittles: Welcome!

Hello to everyone I missed! Gotta get back to work!!

Scooter
  • Hi All! This is going to be quick because I have no time..no life, no brain, no.....

Pilates machine: BIG! About 7 feet long. Where the heck did I ever think I was going to put it???? I can get on it. I can almost get off it...with the help of the dining room table AND, I can do one exercise 3 times!!! Yes, you heard me right. THREE times! Oh what made me ever think that exercise was in my future????? I will keep at it, because it's too big and bulky to send back. Actually, it is really a workout for this FAT girl and the boys and I have come up with some improvements they should make already. But other than that, if I don't have a heart attack first, I will keep you posted.

Susie (just in case you check in): This is for you!
    Happy Birthday to You!
    Happy Birthday to You!
    Happy Birthday, dear Susie!
    Happy Birthday to YOU!!!! And many more!
    Hope you have a wonderful day!

Scooter: Good to see you back! Don't let that little gain get you down. It sounds like you're back on the right track already. * The Spring Fling Volume One was held in Oklahoma this year. Several of us got to go and meet up. Next Spring it will be held here in Michigan, so save your pennies so you can come up. My favorite saving idea is actually from Suzie Orman and she says to never pay for anything with other than green dollars (never give exact change). Even if something is 29 cents, use a dollar bill to pay for it. Put the change in a canister and save it. Believe it or not, I've been doing this for years ever since I heard her say that. So far, it has paid for a 3 day trip, twice a year for us, either with the boys or just Honey and I. It is also how I paid for the trip to Oklahoma last April.

Kit: New furniture, how fun! I hope you solve the dilema of whether to wallpaper or not. It's no fun not finding what you're looking for in a pattern. As I said, I gave up and sponge paint now, but I remember looking for paper. Of course, I'm a cheapskate and wouldn't pick something from a REAL wallpaper store.

Judy: Where are you and are you putting Puppy through this weekend??? * Have you tried out the new chair?

Mary: Sorry we're not going to be able to hook up. That's disappointing. Oh well, maybe you'll make it up here again for next year's Fling!

Andria: HURRAY for you! Happy dance for you, girlfriend. Have a wonderful trip.

Lisa: What a nice camping trip! I'm glad you had such a wonderful time! Good job on the 3.5 pounds too.

Lucky: I haven't seen anything too appetizing on a nursing home's menu so I'm thinking you didn't miss much.

Katrina: I'll take you out to the woods next Spring and you can pee in it if that's your thing.

Ok, girls, I'm outta here. If I don't have your address and you'd like to be on my mailing list for Spring Fling Volume Two, please PM the information to me.

See ya all later. Love ya bunches!

Oh, I almost forgot. I feel so remiss. Last month...JULY....was this thread's FOURTH Anniversary!
    Happy Anniversary to us!!! We've come a looooong way Chickies!!!
  • Thin sorry the reunion has things going on Thurs, Fri, Sat and Sun. Please forgive me. You know how husbands can be.
  • Um, Thin

Read your Happy Birthday song and see if you notice anything.
  • I got my laptop back from the shop and am so happy, it was only a loose part. They put it back in and everything is just like it was. I figured it was some type of virus and that I would have to reload all my programs!!!
  • Mary: Hey, no problem. There's always next year!

Terri: Argh! You caught with the preverbial "cut and paste" job gone wrong!

Barbg: I'm glad it was something so simple and that you're back in business! Good to see you!

Sleepy going to bed! Nitey Nite!
  • Hi ladies,

I've been lurking and hiding out this week. Just didn't feel like being chatty I guess. Thanks to Kat for luring me out. I'll post a long one tomorrow to catch up on the week and replies.

to Andria for breaking into Twoterville! You've been doing a great job about being consistent and working towards your goal.

to Kit as well for your loss.

Thin - Hang in there. Pilates can be hard to get started because for most of us, the core muscles (abs, back) are weak. However, worth the effort in the long run. I'm intrigued about what kinds of pilates exercise. Good for you!! How's your mom? Sounds like she's making good progress.

Barb.G - I was thinking about you tonight as I was out walking the dog. Glad to see that your laptop is functional again. How's the focus? Have you gotten back on track after vacation?

Okay, that's it for tonight. I'm headed to bed early. My plan is to get up early and bike ride. I haven't done that in a while and I miss it.

Good night!
  • Hey, its Saturday!!!!!!

I'm starting a new thread.

STOP! DO NOT POST HERE! JOIN US ON THE NEXT THREAD!