3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community

3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/)
-   300+ Club (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/300-club-124/)
-   -   300+ and Ready to Try Again.... #550 (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/300-club/43990-300-ready-try-again-550-a.html)

LuckyLadyBug 07-24-2004 11:39 PM

300+ and Ready to Try Again.... #550

WELCOME !!!

We want to invite everyone to join us in our journey.
We share laughter and tears.
We share what works for us and what doesn't.
We recently started a Topic of the Day.

Monday........Motivation Monday
Tuesday.......Tuesday Tips
Wednesday.....Wednesday Weigh ins
Thursday......Thankful Thursday
Friday........Friday Facials, Fingernails and Fun
Saturday.......Sit-up Saturdays - any physical activity
Sunday.........Soup and Salad Sunday - recipes

These are not required topics ...just ideas to share. We have found them very helpful. We also share heartaches and fears...joys and celebrations.

WELCOME!

LuckyLadyBug 07-24-2004 11:40 PM

I have had a very productive day!!!! :cb:

I have gotten through tons of paper work - I have more to do but feel good I at least made a dent.

Time to head for bed - :tired:

See ya tomorrow....:kickcan:

LuckyLadyBug 07-25-2004 09:29 AM

Good Morning!! :flow1:

I am waiting for my coffee to get ready and then I have to start on some more paperwork.:comp:

Then I will be :goodscale and measuring so I can track "me". I am also going to get a plan :tread: :workout: so I can join the Accountability thread.

Better go and have my coffee so I can get started. :coffee:

BarbPA 07-25-2004 11:27 AM

Good Morning!
Still not awake yet :coffee: I didn't go to bed until 2:30 and just got up. Little groggy! Trying to figure out what to do with me day. A part of me wants to do nothing but then I'll be mad at myself later on. We'll see.
Have a great Sunday!
:)

LuckyLadyBug 07-25-2004 01:47 PM

I just completed my paperwork job. NOW it's on to magazines. WHY did I think I needed to save everything?????

BarbPA: You are welcome to come and help me if you haven't found anything else to do today! :)

:kickcan:

Grannie39074 07-25-2004 08:01 PM

Hello all
Food has been bad this week end all I want to do is eat. I made a wonderful chicken Pasta salad for dinner.
Some one ask about genealogy websites Lucky I think. There are lots out there. Rootsweb.com is good as well as Cyndislist.com
Love to all

The library reopens tomorrow they are going to swamp us.

LuckyLadyBug 07-25-2004 09:05 PM

Mary: Thanks for the genealogy websites.

Forget today's food and plan well for Monday.

Night all.

2cute2Bfat 07-25-2004 10:57 PM

Hello !!!!

HI guys... I have not been able to use my computer for several days.
We had a some serious lightning storms and we lost power and telephone service. Got power back but took another day to get phone. Then I could not get computer to work. :rolleyes: I knew I was missing so much... but once I got back here... several oldies have not posted since before my last post. UGH.
I am not able to post now either. I am using someone elses computer to let you know that I don't know when my computer will be up and running again.
Sounds like most of you are doing fine. Keep up the good work.

ljs1223 07-26-2004 08:08 AM

Good morning everyone! :coffee: Time to wake up! Looks like everyone had a pretty busy weekend like we did. Seems like that’s been the norm around here all summer.

Saturday I did my duty at the Brat Stand - wasn’t as too bad. We kept busy enough that the time went fast. After that we watched the parade and then went to the fair. Dh took Isaac on the bid slide - he had fun on it - stupid thing cost $6.00 for them both to ride. Oh, well - at least Isaac had fun. Also took him to see all the animals. He thought that was pretty cool. Kept on mooing at all the cows. What a goof.

Sunday we were up bright and early. Headed up to Duluth - again - for Dad and Isaac pictures, then to the zoo. Pictures went much better than last time (that’s a whole other story for another time). The zoo was fun, but by the time we got there Isaac was tired, ready for a nap, and just not really interested in anything. About the only thing he got excited about was the fish and the Exotic Bug exhibit they had. Those were icky! We’re talking Fear Factor Food! Yuck! Seeing them on tv is bad enough - and seeing them up close gives new meaning to it! I don’t think I’d be able to scarf one of those things down, no matter the amount of money!

Okay - replies . . . Hope I don’t miss anyone . . .

Lucky - glad to see that you had a good time with the “Rich and Famous.” As far as all your work goes, at least we know one of us for sure was productive this weekend. And, what’s Ikea? I guess I haven’t heard of that up here.

BarbPa - hope you had a “take it easy” day yesterday, and that you aren’t mad at yourself if you did. We all need those! My dh said that this coming weekend we are going to have a “stay at home” weekend. We’ve been running so much. Problem is, he’s forgetting that I need to pack for camping, shop for camping and, we still need to go find carpet for my son’s room. So, I’m thinking it won’t be much of a stay at home weekend!

Mary - like Lucky said, forget about the bad day and plan well for the next. Hope you’re not too busy today at the library!

2Cute - we’re going to miss you!

Andria - Bravo on the 2.5lbs gone - keep up the good work!

Can anyone tell me how to post pictures on the picture page? I tried the other day and it wasn’t working. Not sure what I was doing wrong . . .

Hi to everyone else that’s been out there lurking and no time for posting! Hope everyone has a great day. I’m supposed to have a full house, but no one is here yet. Maybe they’ll be “no shows” lol - I’m sure they’ll be here, they’re just running late . . . Again, have a super day!

Sorry didn't have time to add the cute smileys - maybe next time ;)

BarbPA 07-26-2004 08:28 AM

Good Morning Ladies!
:) I hope your days are off to a good start. This weekend was nice and quiet for us - went to a movie, did a few errands, stayed around the house. However, I feel like I got nothing done. So, as I was laying in bed at midnight last night I decided to take a personal day from work today. I have no meetings scheduled and no pressing projects so it's a day to ME! I plan on cleaning up some flower pots, going through books and whatnot in my nightstand, doing a little shopping and going to the YMCA. I am going to see if they will give me a week trial pass to make sure I like the facilities and the times that I want to go work out. Sounds like a pretty good day to me...I better go get started.

Talk to you later on!
;)

Kitaqua 07-26-2004 09:48 AM

Happy Monday ladies...weeee! :cool:

I tell ya...I have been happy for Mondays to arrive lately since we have been ultra busy on the weekends and Monday is the first day of my week that I have time to sit down here and catch up:) We got up early Saturday morning and I started in cleaning and taking down all of the decorations, etc. in the bathroom that we were getting ready to paint downstairs here. While hubby took off caulking and fixtures, I was really in a cleaning mode already, so I buzzed through the house without abandon *L* We had to go out and run our weekly errands, so we had lunch and then hit the town and didn't end up getting home until after 7 pm, which really just left time for putting away everything we had bought and having supper. I finally got a new knife set from Linens 'n Things and a new glassware set for the kitchen from Costco, so I also spent time getting all of the old glasses washed and put back in their box and the new glasses washed and put in the cupboard...not sure what it is with me and new drinking glasses, but I guess since I don't have a shoe fetish like some females, it's the closest thing to material obsession that I have *LOL* :D

Sunday was busy working more on the bathroom and finally getting the first coat on last night...hopefully that is all that will be needed. We painted it in a cream color again, but I also have a nice border that I bought to put up around the top once all is finished and had to grab some new handtowels while we were out that matched that, so I can't wait to see it all completed *woo* I was so proud of myself too...I always make a "big" breakfast on Sunday morning and then we sit and read the Sunday paper together. I made Chris and CJ eggs, bacon, and pancakes, but I whipped myself up a choco malt SlimFast breakfast and had a juicy orange and was really happy about it...the guys even said that I am going to waste away to nothing...it's been a lonnnnggg time since anyone accused me of that and it sure felt good *LOL* :cloud9: I had been starting to really miss doing Taebo with all the talk here about it recently, so I did the advanced tape for my workout yesterday...I did finish it, even though I could not give 110% to all punches and kicks, but ohhhlaalaa I am paying for it today...I am sooo sore...back on the "easy" treadmill routine for me today! *L* I also made my weekly 3-hour phone call to my moms and she is excited in planning to sell her home and move closer to the town where she works and happy that I am planning on going home to help when she moves.

I see that I am already so far behind in personals, but it's great to see so many posting!

MissMeliss ~ Hiya and welcome back! Sounds like you are busy and lots of things in the works for you in the near future...good luck with all of them! Big time gratzies on the weight loss at Curves! One of my hubby's co-worker's wife owns two Curves franchises in the area and would like me to join, but I am really enjoying my own workouts here at home right now and am going to see how this works for me...maybe I will join once school starts again for my son and after I have lost like 50 lbs *L* :nose:

BarbPA ~ Your secret is safe with me...oh wait, we all saw it *LOL* Sounds pretty solid to me...I am with ya wholeheartedly! *woo* Oy, I remember all too well about trying not to obsess when going through fertility...it really is at the top of your mind all of the time. The trick is staying positive for sure and putting it in the hands of a higher authority...hang in there chickie *hugz* Enjoy your day off too hon! :lucky:

Terri ~ *tears* for Ginger. I am so sorry that the meds have not given her any relief...could they be making her feel listless and/or worse? One just never knows, I guess *sighs* I don't envy the hard decisions that you have to make ahead for her benefit, but I hope it all works out for the best for you all *comforts* :sorry: :crossed:
~I have actually been in Hooters quite a bit *L* We used to go to one when we lived in CA and I had a good experience there. I would meet my hubby there once or twice a week for lunch and got to know several of the waitresses pretty well. When we first started going in, I noticed that some of them almost looked relieved that another woman was coming in and I felt pretty good about myself back then so I would kid around with them and ask about their lives, etc. My husband is a lot more shy than I am and he was almost a bit embarrassed that I had the waitresses hanging out around us chatting when we went in. Not because of the women themselves, but because the other guys in there would, of course, be looking over at our table because that's where the biggest concentration of females were in the place, and Chris does not generally like to be the center of attention, outside of work where he has no choice since he is the boss *rofl* The Hooters here in the town where we live now is not such a friendly place and we have only been there twice in the 4 years since we have lived here, but there are good people there at some of them just like any other restaurant hehe :hun:

Andria ~ Hiya chickie! Gratzies on the 2.5 loss and great to see you so excited about getting your measurements taken...I am getting to that point, I think *L* Sounds like you are ultra busy...keep up the great work and keep smilin'! :bravo:

Lucky ~ Woohoo, sounds like you have had loads of fun recently!! All of that "disgusting show of wealth" (as my hubby and I joke about it when we see huge homes or lavish lifestyles) must have you reeling *L* The one thing that caught my jealous eye, however, was the mention of the pontoon boat...now that is something that I would absolutely love to have!! We have a timeshare and go to different resorts every year and we always make sure that it is a place near a lake where we can rent a pontoon boat for the day...now that is living imo! *L* :hat: :high: :queen:

2cute ~ Eeps, hope all gets back up and running for you soon! One thing that we can always count on is that nature is a mother sometimes :chin:

Lisa ~ LOL...I can just see you there at that bug exhibit with your face all scrunched up while the boys (Isaac and hubby) are all into how kewl it is...hehehe I would have been totally with you on that one...I have goosebumpies right now just thinking of the creepy crawlies *shivers* Our fair is coming to town soon and I cannot wait! Just keep me away from the fried foods, please *L* Sounds like you had a great weekend all the way around though...wtg!! :twirly:

Whew, think I need to get off my duff and get some movement in here *L* Have a goodun all!! :flow1:

ljs1223 07-26-2004 06:26 PM

:wave: Hey ladies - hope everyone had a super Monday. Mine actually was pretty good. :flow2:

Can't stay too long :( just wanted to "pop" in and say hi. I also want you ALL to know how much you are appreciated. Each morning I look forward to that time (which is always way too short :) ) when I can come in the office and see what my friends have been up to. You have all been such a blessing to me. With as awesome as everyone is here online, I can't even imagine how much better you must be in person :bubbles:. I can't wait until the next "fling" so that I can come and meet everyone!

Anyway, :thanks: everyone for being there, for all the support and for being such a wonderful group of gals! :grouphug: :high:. And, yes, I know it's not Thankful Thursday, it's Motivation Monday, but I felt I just had to let y'all know how great you are!

thinthinker 07-26-2004 09:08 PM

Hi all! :wave: Just checking in real quick. I've been sooooo running this past week. OMG, all I would like to do is sleep. However, I did something for myself just now.

Hold onto your hats, ladies. You all know how I feel about the big "E". Well, QVC had this Pilates machine and I talked honey into buying it. WooHoo! $400 and some change and I'm going to use this dang machine. :yes: I'm actually kinda excited.

Now, I can come clean and tell you all that I cancelled my Curves membership last week. :o I haven't used it since January and then it was so sporadic that it's like I wasn't ever going, but of course paying $29 a month. Well, my year was up and I cancelled it. It was just too hard to go out and work all day, come home, change clothes and go back out again.

Now with this new machine, I can go out and work, come home, change and work out here at the house. What makes me think I'm going to do this when I haven't used any of the umteen different videos I have? All of the videos require me to be on my feet. Even my AirWalker is rough on my feet and knees. This is all done laying down.

Anyway, we'll see what happens. I have 30 days free trial. :D

Mom is still in the hospital. Poor thing, she's had diarhhea (sp?) for almost 48 hours. The food there is terrible. She's black and blue everywhere. On her butt from the morphine shots last week. On her leg from everyone pushing there to see if it hurts (duh!!!). And now on her belly because they're giving her heprin shots to prevent clots. I feel so bad for her. They are taking her in the morning for physical therapy. Then in the afternoon for occupational therapy. The care is really good at this hospital, it's just the food that stinks. Tonight they brought her a plate that was 2/3 broccoli and a scoop of mashed potatoes. They forgot to put the slice of pork roast on the plate. YIKES!!!

Anyway, I'm outta here once again. I know one of these days my life will ease up and I'll be able to get back in here and post right. Until then, remember I love :love: ya bunches!

LuckyLadyBug 07-26-2004 09:43 PM

Thin: WOW
YOU bought a piece of exercise equipment :bravo: Are you sure you haven't been eating some of that hospital food and it short circuted your brain??? :?: :lol3:

Keep us posted on the machine - hmmm, laying down and exercising does sound good! :lol:

I sure hope your Mom starts to get better food and all those pokes and shots start to help her feel better.

Lisa: Glad you had a good day. Food wise mine was good too but work is so busy I hardly have time to breathe. I hope after this week things get slower for me. At least I don't have a ton of kids to watch - I admire you for that because I couldn't do it. I fight every day with my CAT, so I would never make it with kids. :o

Ikea is the new Swedish store that was built by the Mall of America. You must be out of the loop because Ikea said they built here because they already had 95,0000 Minnesota customers ordering from them. You can see their stuff at www.ikea.com - VERY reasonably priced. They showed people on the news that fell to their knees and kissed the ground when they crossed over the Ikea doorway for the first time.

BarbPA: How was your day at home?

Kit: I have to go to bed now after reading your post and all you did!!! :lol:

Well, I am thankful Monday came and thankful it is now time to go to bed!!! I have to get up before 5AM to go into work. :dizzy:

Later,
:kickcan:

ageoldie 07-26-2004 09:49 PM

Thin let me know how you like the machine. I've thought about buying it, but just haven't, mainly because I don't know where I'd put it.

We had our first day of training and it was really tireing. Afterwards we went to an outlet mall, and I didn't even want to shop :cry: Now we are in out room waiting for supper to be delivered.

We enjoyed Philadelphia, except for one thing. Saturday we went to Reading to the outlet mall there and all three of us bought lots of stuff. When we got back to the hotel I took almost all of mine in, but the guys left theirs in the car. Sunday morning when we got up to go to church we discovered that the car had been broken into and the stole everything worth anything, all the new clothes, and even our dirty closthes we had in the back in plastic bags! Sunday we went to Atlantic City. It was okay, but I wasn't a winner.

I did really good about not snacking until we went to the outlet mall and my Darling husband and son went to the Godiva Chocolate store, once I started , it was hard to stop!

Well tomorrow will be another long day, and then we start home Wed. Hope every one has a great week.