Old 06-16-2004, 10:42 AM   #16  

Wink

Hi.

I am alone in my department today.

How is everyone?

I have been working on my Dr. Phil; Chapter 5 thesis - I hope you all read it with the spirit of my just needing to get it out and are not offended. I don't know if it WOULD offend anyone but I just wanted to state this up front.

Have you all moved onto Chapter 6?????

Everyone must be on vacation, it's so quiet.

It keeps storming here daily so I always turn off my computer at home - don't what to fry it. I had lightening strike twice already in the past so I am precautious.
LuckyLadyBug is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2004, 11:34 AM   #17  
BELIEVE!

Hello Chicks!
I keep popping in to check on everyone, thought I come in and share my latest with you....food is improving greatly! Exercise is getting back on track Emotions a little better! IVF kicking back into gear - so this becomes a bit of an all consuming process....

As you may recall my period (AF) didn't show on time so the Dr. told me I had to wait until September. Well, this was not acceptable to me so I set out to find a new Dr. who does not work on these deadlines and works more around the woman's cycle. I found a new one and made an appt. for July 19th. In the meantime, I told my Dr. I was leaving. He reviewed my records and determined I could do a "Natural" IVF cycle this month. This means I don't take the typical month of Birth Control Pills prior to starting IVF. I am back on Provera - a hormone to bring on AF and then I will go right into the injectible drugs again. It just worked out well that I still fit into his schedule - otherwise he may not have let me do it. I hate that I had to threaten to leave for him to offer this up, but at the same time I am happy to be moving forward again. I am not cancelling my appt. with the new Dr. because if this IVF if not successful we still want a second opinion. I am hoping this worked out this way for a reason --- the last cycle my ovaries appeared to be oversupressed - this time I will not be on supression meds prior to starting. Please crank those prayers back up for Jeff and me and our dream of starting a family!

DH's company is having a summer outing tonight - we are going on the Spirit of Philadelphia for a dinner/party cruise! Should be a good time, just wish the weather would clear up a bit. It's not raining, just gloomy right now.

Lunch today is going to be salad since I have no idea what my options are going to be tonight. I am sure there will be a few drinks involved.

That's my babbling for now, I have to get back to work, so will postpone personal messages for now!

Do have to say....TERRI --- Great job on the bike riding!!! You are such an inspiration to me!!!

Later Chicks....
BarbPA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2004, 12:05 PM   #18  

Smile

PRAYING for you, BarbPA. Just keep imagining that sperm wiggeling into your egg!!!! WE all will. That should work - all of us thinking of sperms and eggs - just hopefully only for you!!!! Well, unless more of you want the same thing.

Just remember, you could adopt me!! I wouldn't even need a babysitter. Think of the money you could save. Plus you would only have a few years to wait and you could live off of my retirement!!!

You and Jeff are in my prayers. (in case you don't decide to adopt me)
Old 06-16-2004, 05:05 PM   #19  
Changin' my ways :)

S/C/G: 338/298/180

Height: 5'6"

Hey everyone

I am so deep in my own pity party here. I was super excited about a job interview this morning. I zoomed home from work, got all dolled up and headed down the hill. Well, it seems the woman doing the interviewing wasn't nearly as excited as I was, because she forgot our appointment. She promised the receptionist that she would be in early this afternoon and would call me. I left my name, telephone number and the requested writing samples there. Well, I've been working my butt off to stay awake so I didn't sound like a groggy idiot when she called, but there has been no phone call. The job is writing a weekly column for a local paper, and I was really interested in it since I could do it from home. Would work in perfectly with school and everything else I want to do. I don't know. Right now I am just angry at how inconsiderate she has been, and I am trying to get things into perspective so I don't blow the interview in case I actually get one. BLAH!

I've got to get some sleep. That will probably cure most of this foul mood I'm in right now.

Andria
qsilver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2004, 05:12 PM   #20  

Wink

Lisa: Do you use Creative Memories scrap booking? I think everyone I meet belongs to a Creative Memories group. I know your girls will love those scrap books.

Jen: good to see your post, you know we worry.

Terri: OH, motion sickness - I am the queen. I even get sick if someone wears stripped clothes.
Old 06-16-2004, 08:43 PM   #21  

Smile

I got this from a friend today and had to share:

Thought For The Day

Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving
safely in a pretty and well-preserved body, but rather to skid in
broadside, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming ....

"WOW, what a ride!!!"
Old 06-16-2004, 08:48 PM   #22  
Changin' my ways :)

S/C/G: 338/298/180

Height: 5'6"

Hey everyone

UPDATE!!! The pity party has ended! The lady finally called around 6 p.m. She said she had read my samples, was impressed and asked which of the two positions I wanted. Cool, huh! Yes, my mood has improved dramatically. Doesn't sound like they pay worth a hill o' beans to start, but I find out the rest of the details on Monday morning.

Now, the toughest question I plan on facing for the rest of the day... since I missed my Curves workout, do I get outside for a walk, or do I just take the evening off and get some rest? Maybe a bit of both... I'll let you know.

BarbPA, I couldn't leave without congratulating you on getting your next opportunity. Way to go, sticking up for yourself! Baby-for-you prayers are cranked up to the max.

Thin, good luck on the job. It sure sounds like a lot less hassle than what you have been doing.

I'm trying to read and then write out cohesive sentences, but either this monitor is swaying back and forth or I am... Naptime!

Andria
qsilver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2004, 08:04 AM   #23  

S/C/G: 278/267.2/180

Height: 5'7"

Good morning ladies!

Andria - Congrats on that job!! See sometimes our minds are our own worst enemies. Make today a great day.

Barb - That is great news about the IVF. And yes, lots of prayers will be said on your behalf. Good job on the food and exercise front too. Keep it up!!

Thin - That job sounds interesting. Might turn a person off fast food though.

Not much time this morning. We rode for 40 minutes and 6.5 miles this morning. Again, just before the rain. The hills killed me this morning but I did it and will recover soon (I hope).

Have a great day today! We're having our eighth day in a row of rain so my mold allergies are starting to go crazy.

Oh....we saw Troy the other day. The only thing I can say about Brad Pitt is ... And he is a Missouri boy! He can show me any time! I may have to hose myself down with cold water now.
Terri in MO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2004, 08:05 AM   #24  

Old 06-17-2004, 08:34 AM   #25  
Lisa

Smile

Good morning everyone!

Terri I see that you're up and attem That's about how I felt when I crawled out of bed, but now I've been up for a little while and am more awake.

Lucky - Yep I use Creative Memories (and other things also). My sister is a CM consultant so I have easy access to all her inventory - pretty nice . I also look at scrap book supplies wherever I go if there's a store. Crafts Direct carries a really big line of scrap book supplies as well. Even though it's kind of work, I really enjoy it. I never thought I would because I always told myself that "I'm not creative." Well, ya don't really have to be. Anyway, I have fun with it.

Barb - my sister and her dh have had troubles conceiving in the past. They lost three babies before they had their first and have adopted two. Now she just found out that she's pregnant and they weren't planning or trying - so my thoughts and prayers are with you that one (or more of those little swimmers will make a connection!

I bought a Pilates video - if anyone woulda seen me doing it they could've won the money on America's Funniest Home Videos! But, despite the stuff I can't do, I'm still working on it.

Better scoot - kids will be here soon. Hope everyone has a great day!
ljs1223 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2004, 12:56 PM   #26  

Wink

Lisa: OH MY GOODNESS!!! I LOVE that Crafts Direct site. Have you ever been there? My goal is to quilt and have been toying with scrap booking. I would like to do all the old pictures of my ancestors. Do you do scarp book counseling?

Terri, are you "cooled" off yet? I hear your Missori boy is going to be a Daddy.
Old 06-17-2004, 07:28 PM   #27  

Smile

Just got home from getting my hair cut - I have it short, first time in my life!!!! It's kinda freaky right now - Don't recognize myself in the mirror.

I need to get something to eat and then read - Dr. Phil here I come.

The person that does my hair - her cousin came in for a cut too and she had gastric bypass a year ago. She looks pretty good but she isn't following the docs advice and eats way too much according to the cousin that cut my hair.

This is the first day in a month we haven't had rain and storms - kind of nice.

Old 06-17-2004, 10:13 PM   #28  
Lisa

Lucky - I've actually only been scrapping for less than a year - but I love it now. My first thing was a Scrapbooking retreat that my sister and another consultant put on. They booked a nature center north of us for the weekend and we stayed there and scrapped for an entire weekend. My goal that weekend was to get a brag book done for my father in law and I did it plus some of my son's baby book. It was pretty amazing. As for counseling, idk if I'm that good, but you can sure ask away! My mom did a heritage album of all my ancestors and it is waaaaaayyyyy cool. Next time you're in the area let me know and maybe we can get together .

As for everyone else - where are ya today? Terri, Lucky and I have been the only ones posting. If it's as nice everywhere else as it is here today I can certainly understand the absence!

I made my daughters go outside today and weed the vegetable garden - my 13 year old was less than happy! It was actually quite amusing! Needless to say, she didn't do a very good job and is going to need further instruction.

Oop gotta run - have a super evening everyone! Hugs to all!
ljs1223 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2004, 07:47 AM   #29  

Good morning!

Its storming again so no biking. We're headed to pick up my car at the body shop so no time to post much.

Food has been good for the last two days. Its good to be back in a routine again. Exercise hasn't been a problem and have even been walking the dog at night.

I'm hoping to have lots of enthusiasm tonight to get all my house cleaning done so I don't have to worry about it tomorrow. My brother and his girlfriend/SO are coming up for a boat ride and then dinner. Good reason to jump on DH's butt about house cleaning.

Anyway, have a fabulous day and make it a day of healthy food and activity and positive attitudes.

Ta TA!
Old 06-18-2004, 05:47 PM   #30  

Smile

Yippee - 25 min to the weekend.

I have to get major cleanup done outside tomorrow. It's suppose to be 70 and sunny. A miracle here.

I have to stop on my way home to look for some 4th of July decorations for outside. My home town is celebrating it's 125 year anniversary so there will be a lot of people driving around that weekend - have to look spiffy!!!

Lisa do you use Creative Memories books for your pictures? They look expensive.

2Cute I hope you sister is still getting better. So much stress for you and your family, make sure you take care of yourself. I know, easier said than done.

Thin any news on that job?

Seeing your "exercise" posts are making me "get in the mood". How is that treadmill, BarbPA??? I am jealous of youTerri doing the marathon. I can't ride bike had to give mine to my nephew.

Well, off to shop.