Old 05-22-2004, 08:29 PM   #1  
BELIEVE!

Arrow 300+ and Ready to Try Again #531

WELCOME !!!

We want to invite everyone to join us in our journey.
We share laughter and tears.
We share what works for us and what doesn't.
We have a Topic of the Day.

Monday........Motivation Monday
Tuesday.......Tuesday Tips
Wednesday.....Wednesday Weigh ins
Thursday......Thankful Thursday
Friday........Friday Facials, Fingernails and Fun
Saturday.......Sit-up Saturdays - any physical activity
Sunday.........Soup and Salad Sunday - recipes

These are not required topics ...just ideas to share. We have found them very helpful. We also share heartaches and fears...joys and celebrations.

BarbPA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2004, 08:32 PM   #2  
BELIEVE!

Me again....I posted last on the previous thread and then realized it was time for a new one...so this counts as my post.....just in case the posting police are watching.....

Have a good night!
BarbPA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2004, 08:44 AM   #3  
working off those pounds

S/C/G: 350+/ticker/150

Height: 5'5"

So I sign on the computer..what's the first thing I check?? E-BAY! This is sad, I've had an e-bay account for YEARS but I'd never actually ever bought anything. This past week I've just become ADDICTED. I've already 'won' three things and I'm still biddng on four. I keep wanting to add to my big but I can't risk it

It's funny because you feel like it's 'safe' to add to your bidding items ("there's no way i'll ever reach my maximum bids for these items..yes I can afford to add in a couple lots of books...")

Anyways I just had to check on my treasures!
VermontChick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2004, 10:15 AM   #4  

Cool

Well, yesterday was a bust. I don't know if it was a sinus thing or just total exhaustion from the funeral (sitting around, see old boyfriends) but I was 'tuckered out'.

The only thing I did do was bad. I made that Taco Soup but the South Beach Diet way. Well, I haven't had Taco Soup in over a year and I love it.

BIG mistake. I ate almost three cups of it - OH did my tummy hurt. I sure hope that if confession is good for the soul it is also good for the tummy. Now, what to do with he rest of it??

I have thought of throwing it out but I have those "wasting food" thoughts running around in my head.

I hear my coffee is done so .

It is raining and gloomy hear today. I have to wash clothes AND read Dr. Phil. Hmmm I have 12 hours before bed so I should make it!!!!

(Oh, and I have to respond to the posts here!!!! Whew, what a busy day.)
LuckyLadyBug is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2004, 03:34 PM   #5  

Talking

I feel better now. I cleaned the house and am washing clothes now.

So, I guess I had better get to reading.

Kat, I ordered Dr. Phil's book on tape too. I figure between reading AND listening to him SOMETHING had better sink in.

It is still raining here. I know, "the farmers need the rain" but it makes me feel sleepy!!!!
Old 05-23-2004, 08:49 PM   #6  

S/C/G: 278/267.2/180

Height: 5'7"

Thumbs up

Good evening!

Well, its Sunday and the weekend is over. Wow, it was very emotional stressful.

We had a good visit with son #2 and his family. His wife is something else. He is 35 and she is 24. And she's 4 months pregnant with her third child. She didn't show any signs of nurturing or even caring for the two she's got. He does and is even planning on adopting her first child. She acted like she was totally miserable the whole time. He fortunately talked and talked. The grandson is adorable. He is 18 months old, weighs 32 pounds and has the cutest red hair. I pulled out a photo album I did for DH of his life. We compared baby pics of him and of his two sons and the grandson looks just like DH did. It was emotionally stressful because this is only the third visit that we've had with them in two years (and the longest) since he estranged himself from his dad about 16 years ago. I told DH that he should let go of the guilt that he's carried around for many years because of his son telling him that he didn't want any contact any more. DH is very opinionated and doesn't mind sharing his opinions. Son #1 is too but shares the same. But son #2 has the complete opposite opinions and is just as opinionated and thinks just as much that his are the superior. I told DH that #2 wears his liberalism like its a badge of courage and that everyone is inferior. Son #1 and #2 get into a fight every time they are together and this trip wasn't any different - at least it wasn't at our house! I'm glad we had the time together and we'll have to make a trip around Thanksgiving to New Orleans to see the new baby.

Poor Bear has had a bad case of dirreahea this weekend. Thank goodness I made him sleep in the garage last night. I almost passed out this morning when I went to let him out. A 170 lb dog with dirreahea is a lot of poop. I had to go to the store for rice to make some burger and rice for him. Then I had to scrub down the garage.

Well, food was a bust this weekend. And no exercise. But that all ends tomorrow morning. And Dr. Phil has been collecting dust the past few days and he'll be dusted off tomorrow morning as well.

I'll be almost glad to go to work tomorrow!

I hope that everyone had a good weekend and survived all the family! Sure has been quiet.

Have a good evening.
Terri in MO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2004, 09:04 PM   #7  
Hang In There

Nope, my survival wasn't much bettet than yours. Things went pretty well until after lunch today when my brother announced that he wanted to talk to his sisters in private so that meant spouses children and Mother was banished into the other room and we "discussed" my mothers financial situation. Brother is pushing for her to get a Reverse Mortgage, and the rest of us including mother, are not so sure that's the thing to do. Anyway we spent about 2 hours discussing this thing and by the time we were through DH was fit to be tied, and he was mad at ME because he thought I knew that this was going to take place. Nothing I could say could change his mind. He's still mad!
ageoldie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2004, 10:29 PM   #8  

Thumbs up

THANKS Terri & BargG, I feel really good about my weekend now!!!

YUCK, Terri!!!! You should have gotten a smaller dog!!!!!! Remember this next time!

BarbG, what a stressful day and then to have DH NOT believe you!!!! Tell him I said you were telling the truth!!!
Old 05-24-2004, 12:43 AM   #9  
Michigan Old-Timer

Hi all! Just checking in before bed. I've been at the theatre and dodging raindrops (heck, high winds and flood waters is more accurate!) all day. It's still lightening out, and was raining a bit ago, but I couldn't forgo a check-in with my buddies.

I'm into my NEW BEGINNING later this morning. Midnight was the cutoff point of old habits and uncontrolled eatting. I'm actually looking forward to getting back on track. That new scale is still in the back of my van but will be out and used first thing in the morning, I promise.

I have a fairly light schedule this week so maybe I'll get a chance to get some Dr. Phil reading done. Better yet, I WILL MAKE TIME to get some Dr. Phil reading done!!! There, that's better!

It's late so I won't do replys. I'm glad for all of you that had out of town guests that your weekend is over.

Lucky: Taco soup freezes real well. Just portion it out into even those Glad storage containers and then just take out one plastic at a time when you have a taste for it again.

2cute: How are you the day after the night before???? I'm guessing you're still partying hardy!!!

Mary: Fingers and toes are crossed.

Ok everyone, must hit hay. Love ya bunches.
thinthinker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2004, 02:03 AM   #10  
Dancing those pounds away

Default Wedding was a SUCCESS !!!

The wedding was BEAUTIFUL !!!!!!!!!
I will try to get some pics posted soon. I had company all day Sunday so no time to go thru all of them.

Of course several things did not go as planned... but all went well just the same. Our little flower girl would not walk down the aisle so that was a big disappointment. Long story why... so I won't bore you. LOL

My daughter was just GORGEOUS !!!! I know I am partial ... but REALLY she was BEAUTIFUL !!!!! The joy and happiness just GLEAMED through her. He looked mighty handsome too. Men can clean up sooo nice... too bad they dont dress up more often. LOL

The reception went well.. but little flubs there too. LOL
First ... they spelled my daughters name SLACI instead of Staci on the grooms cake. And then refused to fix it !!!!! The delivery guy said he just delivers he does not fix. Grrrr Fortunately my SIL was there and fixed it herself. Needless to say... I am going to go talk to the owner Monday. GRrrrr
But even with little errors like that... it was still wonderful.

The BEST part of the whole day is when all of the guests went home and just a handful of family and close friends were there and we partied till midnight.
I even danced twice... and I don't dance anymore. LOL
It was so ackward dancing with the groom.... I am 5'3" and he is 6'3" and I felt like I was talking to someone upstairs.
I did dance one dance with my husband... but I did not want to.
Long story why ... no short version. LOL Trust me.. you don't want to know why. LOL

I will be very busy Monday so I won't be back until late Monday night.
hopefully I will have pics to post by then.
2cute2Bfat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2004, 09:39 AM   #11  
a work in progress...

Default Good Mornng...

Not much to say here...could be a PMS funk...

2cute, I'm so glad that all went well. There will always be glitches...they make for good stories in the years to come! Can't wait to see the pics!

Terri...As my dh loves to say, "Families...can't live with 'em, can't kill 'em!"

BarbG...see above!

Thin...any movie reviews???

Lots to do around here today...very little motivation to do it. Maybe one more cup of coffee'll do the trick.

I'll be back...
katrinabgood is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2004, 11:38 AM   #12  
Michigan Old-Timer

Good morning, ladies!

Well, I have found the first glitch in my NEW BEGINNING plan. I went out to the van this morning (naked ) and got my new scale. Came in, went upstairs, opened it up, set it on the floor, and couldn't get the dang thing to turn on. Now, a lesser woman (read me in the past few months) would have said GREAT! Now I don't have to start my NEW BEGINNING until NEXT Monday after I return and exchange the dang scale and can weigh in. You see I said "a lesser woman". This time, I'm going to trudge along with my NEW BEGINNING regardless of whether I can weigh in this morning or not. Why should I sabotage my health for a scale. So what if I lose a half a pound before I get on a scale and therefore can't count it because I didn't know I had it? I AM DOING THIS TODAY!!!!!

2cute: Glad to see you back! The flowers didn't arrive for my wedding. The truck broke down a mile from the church and the stupid guy didn't think to phone and have us come meet him. Every wedding has it's story. Glad most everything went well. They're married, they're happy, that's all that counts! I'm sure you're very happy it's over! [[[hugs]]]

Katrina: Sure, I got movie reviews!!! Shrek 2: A must see! Very funny! The kids will love it, the adults will catch all of the subtle stuff! Very cute! Hint: Don't leave when they start to play the credits. You have to wait a couple minutes into them and then there's another scene with Donkey. Alot of people missed it because they were out of the theatre before it came on. We also saw Man On Fire with Denzel Washington. It was very intense. It was based on a true story. Denzel was very good in it. It's about a former assassin who is hired as a body guard for a little girl, Dakota Fanning. It tells how she brings him back to life and then she's snatched and what he does to revenge her kidnapping. I don't know if I mentioned the following before but they're still all out at the show. Mean Girls: funny, definitely takes you back to high school. 13 Going on 30: typical age switcharoo movie, funny. Ella Enchanted: cute, in an entertaining sorta way. Light-hearted, no brainer type movie.

Ok, girls, I'm outta here. Lots of paperwork, then off to a focus group for $35. See you all later. Love ya bunches!!!
thinthinker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2004, 02:23 PM   #13  
Falling, but fighting...

Hello,

I am back. I am feeling better, but my sinus' are killing me now. I guess I better get use to it, as it will be affecting me for the next 5 months.

I went and worked out today at Bally's. I did 30 minutes on the eliptical and then 15 minutes in the pool. I was sweating like a pig from the eliptical. Guess that means it was working. I had even packed my lunch for work today, then it happened...

My cell phone rang and it was my husband saying that the day care center doesn't have power (no lights or a/c). So, I had to go and pick up Andrew and take him to work with me today. Thankfully, my staff is out doing inventory, so we are the only ones at the office. However, my food went out the window. I ate a donut, a croissanwich, my breakfast that I made at home, and my lunch, and some m&m's. I would have been okay, if I had just said no to the donut and croissanwich. Why do I go and sweat my butt off, only to eat back the calories burned and then some?

Anyway, tomorrow should be better.

Susie
SusieH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2004, 02:33 PM   #14  
Dancing those pounds away

Thin... if you have the WW scale like I have... it says to "tap" it with your foot to turn it on. WELL... tapping does not work. I have to lift it with my toe and let it drop to the floor. Not high... just a tad. It takes that force to turn it on. WEIRD I know.. but it weighs accurate. You might try it.

Okay.. I am off to wally world to get my wedding photos made. Bye bye
2cute2Bfat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2004, 06:56 PM   #15  
a work in progress...

Default Oh man, I'm tired...

Quick post before I toddle off to bed...only to be rudely awakened at 10:15 to get ready for work. Since I just got out of the shower, maybe I'll make that 10:30!

Food today has been very good and if I haven't burnt off every last calorie that I ingested, I'll...I'll...well, I don't know what I'll do! I spent the day doing the following, in no particular order: 6 loads of laundry; washed, dried, folded, put away. (a concept that no one else around here seems to comprehend.) Changed the sheets on my bed. Removed winter clothes from my closet...well, MINE anyway...dh's can stay there til the cows come home. Cleaned off all horizontal surfaces and dusted. Cleaned the kitchen. Made dinner. Nobody ate it...:grr: Cleared out the flower bed under my picture window...this took at least 2 solid hours. Dug out a huge Hosta from there, divided it and replanted six new Hostas in the back yard. At this point, it started to rain, so it was time to come inside. I'm almost too tired to eat...notice I said almost!

Uh oh...NOW my son is hungry...but he doesn't like what I made. I just showed him the way to the frig...

Needless to say, I haven't read Dr P today...will try to catch up at work tonight.
katrinabgood is offline   Reply With Quote