Old 04-23-2004, 12:30 PM   #1  
a work in progress...

Default 300+ and ready to try again...#519

God Bless America!

We want to invite everyone to join us in our journey.
We share laughter and tears.
We share what works for us and what doesn't.
We recently started a Topic of the Day.

Monday........Motivation Monday
Tuesday.......Tuesday Tips
Wednesday.....Wednesday Weigh ins
Thursday......Thankful Thursday
Friday........Friday Facials, Fingernails and Fun
Saturday.......Sit-up Saturdays - any physical activity
Sunday.........Soup and Salad Sunday - recipes

These are not required topics ...just ideas to share. We have found them very helpful. We also share heartaches and fears...joys and celebrations.

WELCOME!
katrinabgood is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2004, 12:34 PM   #2  
a work in progress...

Cool OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOKlahoma!

I hope that everyone's journey is a safe one!

This oughta be a real FUN FRIDAY for a few of our chickies! Remember...

DETAILS... We want lots of details!

Oh yes...AND pictures!

Have fun chicklets.

PS...2cute, lots of prayers coming for your sis!
Old 04-23-2004, 02:21 PM   #3  
Lisa

Wink

Hey all - katrinabgood, I got your post and here I am ! I did post a little about me on the bio thread. This whole thing is pretty new, I decided yesterday that I'd had ENOUGH!! It's time to get on track and lose the weight. I set a short term goal of losing 10 lbs by Memorial Day.

I'll have to look at the other boi's - didn't have time to do much today . . . it's too nice and outside! I'm going to work on our yard today . . . lots of projects!

I'm glad I found ya I'm looking forward to getting to know everyone ! Have a FANTASTIC FRIDAY!!

[FONT=Comic Sans MS]Lisa[/FONT]
ljs1223 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2004, 04:50 PM   #4  

S/C/G: 332.4/228.4/175

Height: 5'11"

Hey ladies! I know it's been awhile since I last posted, but I am back on track yet again. The numbers on the scale are looking good so far this week, but I'm not reporting them officially until Sunday. Hope you all have fun in OK. Post lots of pictures. Bye for now.
Steph
bobsgal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2004, 05:45 PM   #5  

Smile

Welcome, Lisa. I don't know why it doesn't say so, like it did before, but I am in Central Minnesota too.

I am lonely knowing you are all in Oklahoma. Remember, PICTURES!!!! I reminded BarbPA to take her camera. She did so well when Terri, Kat and her were in New York and when they were with Michelle - I forgot where that was????

Well, I was going to mow when I got home but it is WINDY!!!!! So, maybe I will get my garden all staked and ready for next weeks planting.
LuckyLadyBug is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2004, 07:42 PM   #6  
working off those pounds

S/C/G: 350+/ticker/150

Height: 5'5"

It's gonna be dead this weekend....for those of us still around...do any of you use diet pills? I don't want to use the kidn that speed up your metabolism (that's freaky)..so i found Dexatrim Herbal Dietary Supplement, and supposedly it curbs your appetite...we'll have to see...
VermontChick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2004, 08:35 PM   #7  
Newlywed at 45!!!!

Well here i am...
Lurked around for awhile to see where I fit in and this is it...although I am starting at a little bit under 300 my highest was at 297 so that IS closer than at the 200 group.

Looking forward to meeting some new friends here, just coming off atkins after a 3 month loss of 12 and then a 4 lb. gain and feeling like crap most of that time.
Leg pain and heel pain were horrible,have been eating some good carbs this week, ww bread and brown rice plus more veggies and I feel SO MUCH better.

I am going low fat now..had a 60 lb loss a few years back doing it and am looking forward to it again.
Just ordered Dr. Mirkin's 20 fat grams a day book...anyone familiar with this???
He also has a 20/30 book...20 or less grams of fat and 30 or more grams of fiber a day.
Miss Meliss...I used to live in VT about 34 years ago, fell in love there when I was 13 and just found him again 6 years ago and now we are married. Met him at a commune on the Canadian border.
RM
ralphmarie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2004, 10:03 PM   #8  

Talking

Welcome RalphMarie. You will love it here, we are all so nice!

Thin!!! Read BarbG's post - she is dissing us Northeners. Since you are there with her I think you should tell her that the next fling will be a WINTER Fling!!!! (instead of a Spring one) THAT will scare some

So, no posting from Oklahoma -
WHAT ARE YOU DOING?????

Guess what I just did????? Raked, mowed and dug in the dirt!!! Are you all surprised?????

Terri, I have my ball inflation. My air compressor ran out of air!

Who used the air compressor????? I have a big challange holding the "needle" and then pushing it with the compressor nozzle - nothing seems to fit "nicely" together - ya know, like when you do your car tires.

Well, I feel obligated to post often even if it is nonsense, just to keep everything moving along.

I need to go and eat something before heading to bed. BIG digging and raking day tomorrow!!!!

Night...
Old 04-23-2004, 10:06 PM   #9  

Dang it, I have that darn OOOOOOOOKlahoma song in my head!!!!
Old 04-23-2004, 10:13 PM   #10  
working off those pounds

S/C/G: 350+/ticker/150

Height: 5'5"

oooklahoma where the wind comes sweeping down the plain...
VermontChick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2004, 10:28 PM   #11  

just wishing everyone a wonderful weekend in oklahoma and elsewhere!

welcome newbies.

pat
paperdoll is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2004, 11:40 PM   #12  
BELIEVE!

Peek-a-Boo!!!!

Having a wonderful time - wish you were all here!
BarbPA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2004, 12:43 AM   #13  
a work in progress...

Default A simple request...

If anyone should ever hear me mention, again, that I plan on attending another Chinese Auction...PLEASE...I mean PLEASE! throw a net over me and have me carted off to the looney bin until it's over. I HATE these things and this was like the fourth one I've been to in the last six months! They drag on forever, the table next to us screamed the entire time...because they won so much stuff that it was just ridiculous. It's not the "not winning" that's so bad, 'though a prize here or there would surely pass the time a little better! It's just that they're SOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO LONG! Half the prizes are just crap and yet these women scream over them like they've just won the Irish Sweepstakes! Particularly the woman right behind me...She sounded like a female Arnold Horshack on crack, she was so hyped up!! Although...at the very end, I did win something...the theme was "Born in the USA," so there were cute little red white and blue buckets with little flags in them, and some glittery stuff as centerpieces...they announced that the person at the table with the birthday closest to the fourth of July could take home the bucket! Woo Hoo! Third of July here!! You'd think I'd won the Irish Sweepstakes!

Steph! There you are! Welcome back! What's new kittycat?

Lucky...It was Pennsylvania...where Barb, Michelle and I met for a day of shopping and yakking and lots of fun....

Welcome, RalphMarie! Cool story about your honey. <<SYN, are you paying attention?>> Met him at a commune, huh? Interesting.....we want to hear more....I know I can speak for all.

Hi Pat! What's new with you?

Okay, I need some beauty sleep. I know, I know...hard to believe, but true.

Tomorrow will be nice, everyone will be gone, so I plan on spending the whole day gardening. Heaven.

See you all later...........
Old 04-24-2004, 04:10 AM   #14  
Michigan Old-Timer

Hi ya'll (as they say here in OKey)! It's almost 3:00 AM here (4:00 at home ). The party broke up about 30 minutes ago and I came down to the "Executive Center" (I think it's called) to use their computers. I brought #1 son's laptop but the connection in the room is slower than ssssssllllllloooooowwwww! Figured I would check business email, picked up a couple of jobs. Hope they fit in the calendar when I get home because I forgot to bring it with me.

I've been sitting here by myself just cracking up at you guys. "big *** green thing"?? My goodness ladies, what potty mouths you are when we're out of town and you think we're not looking!!! Just kidding. Actually "big ***" is my favorite description of everything, but it seems funny to hear everyone saying it.

Susie and I had a trip from ****. From the moment I "tried" to pick up the rental car, "tried" to add her as a second driver (can you say tons of mis-information about how to make that happen?), more orange construction barrels than I could count (some say they multiply every night), a 2 hour, yes, I said 2 hour detour because an Interstate was shut down due to a wreck, a no tell motel with terrible mattresses and a moldy shower curtain, and more rain than I care to tell you about. Argh!!!!

On the bright side , Susie and I had a great time talking and singing all the way here. Turns out that her husband's grandma lived next door to my parents and I when I was growing up. He used to cut his grandma's lawn so I've "seen" him before. Small, small world.

We got here about 4:30 Okey time and have been having a ball since. Everyone is WONDERFUL!!!! So nice to put faces with personalities and voices. We hung out and chatted for awhile and then went out to dinner at this really nice place. Had a fireplace and a nice atmosphere. Great food.

Then back at the ranch, 2cute had prepared an "ice breaker" game which we enjoyed and laughed and laughed and laughed some more.

Well my dears, that is all I can manage for tonight/this morning. I've been up since 6:30 AM yesterday and I'm far too old for "all nighters" anymore.

WISH YOU WERE HERE.........postcards from the edge!!!

WELCOME to the new folks. We'll chat more later.
thinthinker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2004, 10:39 AM   #15  

S/C/G: 340/240/155

Height: 5'3"

Talking Whatz up?

Hi Ladies
Just checking in for the weekend, as I have been busy with school and job hunting at the same time.
I've been two days off plan, so for sure Mondays weighin will not be a good one. I didn't do as much minutes of exercise as I should have, and the eating is for sure not on plan the only thing that is op is my water intake. BUT it's a new day and I need to get control of me eating and exercise so I am off to do just that.
Hey you guys in OK have a Fun Fun weekend

Last edited by joe anne; 04-24-2004 at 10:48 AM.
joe anne is offline   Reply With Quote