3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community

3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/)
-   300+ Club (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/300-club-124/)
-   -   300+ And Ready To Try Again....#516 (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/300-club/39493-300-ready-try-again-516-a.html)

thinthinker 04-16-2004 02:47 PM

300+ And Ready To Try Again....#516

God Bless America!

We want to invite everyone to join us in our journey.
We share laughter and tears.
We share what works for us and what doesn't.
We recently started a Topic of the Day.

Monday........Motivation Monday
Tuesday.......Tuesday Tips
Wednesday.....Wednesday Weigh ins
Thursday......Thankful Thursday
Friday........Friday Facials, Fingernails and Fun
Saturday.......Sit-up Saturdays - any physical activity
Sunday.........Soup and Salad Sunday - recipes

These are not required topics ...just ideas to share. We have found them very helpful. We also share heartaches and fears...joys and celebrations.

WELCOME!

thinthinker 04-16-2004 02:51 PM

Well, my dears, I played around here so long that I lost my Internet connection and had to go re-boot the server. YIKES! I just went down and pulled all the plugs and put them back in. Waaalaaaa! :wizard: It worked!

Oh, Lucky, honey! 4 Hours! My heart goes out to you! But what a GREAT auntie you are to be so supportive of your niece. Have fun!

This time I really am GONE! Gotta run to the other side of town to do the "bank job". Probably will have to do the "showgirl" stuff tomorrow. And the sunglass resets......well.......maybe next week! :eek:

Running........bye......:wave:

PheonixRising 04-16-2004 03:59 PM

Long Time No See!

Well ladies, long time no chat. I'm sorry I've been gone so long. My life has been absolutely crazy! :dizzy: Shortly after my last posts my hubby lost his job. We've been in limbo ever since. I have been working my Tupperware so we do have some income. I've also been going to school part time. As you can see, I don't have a lot of "free time".

I haven't been watching my weight much, but I haven't gained a thing. Actually I'm even below where I was when I last signed in here. I've completely beat my addiction to Diet Pepsi. I haven't had one in at least a couple of months and I don't even want one. The only thing I notice is that I have absolutely no tolerance now for aspartame. It gives me headaches. I'm just trying to avoid all artificial sweeteners. I've been drinking my Calli tea and that really does help me. It gives me more energy and reduces my cravings. :hyper: I still don't seem to find time to exercise, but my hubby and I did buy some bikes with our tax return and when it isn't to windy (which it has been a lot lately.) I get out to ride. :strong:

I notice that there are a lot of new people here. That is great! You will all love this thread if you don't already.

To everyone else, I'm not going to make any promises that I'll be here frequently. My schedule is just very hectic. Just know that I'm thinking of you and will keep in touch.

Amanda

mistiel 04-16-2004 06:21 PM

Hey Everybody - well I didn't make it to TOPS lastnight, I had the worst allergies.. was sneezing, coughing, runny nose, blowing my nose... My husband said it wouldn't be good for a first impression... but hey thats okay - that didn't stop me from starting my new healthy goal plan. Want to know what it is????? Okay I'll tell ya ;)

My Goal is for the next 30 days...

Work out everyday.
Drink all my water.
Eat 3-5 veggie and fruit servings.
Watch portion sizes.

That's it... lol - I was watching Oprah in January, and Wynodda Judd was on there w/ Bob Green and he said for 30 days just worry about getting up and excersing... then after that you worry about what you eat. It makes sence not to jump right in... so, I don't want to fail, so I have made a 30 day challenge w/ myself that I think I can stick to.

Don't know if I am going to join TOPS right now... I am going to see if I can do it on my own. I did it before and my husband and I both kinda think that I am grasping for a crutch. He has seen me spend so much money on the diet industry and never followed through... so he made a valid point, ya did it all by yourself the first time, why not now?

I have done really well the last 3 days and I already feel better. Thats the whole point right? I must be doing something good.

It sure is quiet on the 300 + boards today... I know some people are gone... but everybody??????

Come out come out wherever you are...

Take care and have a blessed weekend... talk to you soon.

Mistie

ageoldie 04-16-2004 08:38 PM

It's a nice quiet Friday night here in Big D. DH & Son played golf this afternoon, Had a problem with the program I use to do payroll, so I had to do payroll by hand. Not fun!

This morning I got really industrous and changed out my closets. I brought up all my summer stuff and put up the winter stuff. Hopefully I can still fit into my summer stuff :stress:

Just think what we will be doing one week from today!!! :cb: :dancer: :hat:

qsilver 04-16-2004 10:42 PM

Hey everyone :)

My life has been so nuts of late! There has been a lot of personal turmoil, and it was everything I could do to keep getting out of bed and going in to work. How sad is it that the biopsy actually gave me a break from everything?! But, as things have a tendency to do, everything worked out the way it was supposed to in the end. In fact, they turned out sososo much better than I could have imagined in the beginning. A story for another day in there, to be sure.

I need a kick in the butt again. Some of you will remember how last time I was doing my low carb plan that I was so proud of myself for being OP, but the whole time I wasn't eating enough food? Well, if I don't eat my six meals, I just don't lose anything. Heck, I can even gain. So twisted. And that is what is happening again. I just let myself get occupied and don't want to eat. It is almost like some freaky powertrip being able to walk away from carb temptations, but I'm not eating the other stuff either. I'm just busy and forgetting until it is the end of the day and I've eaten almost nothing. So, my goal for this upcoming week is to eat my 6 meals a day and to drink all my water. There is no point in going without these other foods if I am not going to work the plan correctly and lose weight, right?

I've been able to keep up with the reading, but I don't have any more time left tonight for replies. I am so grateful for those of you who are taking the time. It keeps us working together! :)

I'm off to bed for a couple of hours before working tonight. Tomorrow is BMX, but someone has offered to run the concessions for me if I set it all up for her. That means I get to come home and sleep! My SIL will be coming for a few hours in the afternoon so we can continue household excavation. I seriously want to buy flowers tomorrow as well. Can't believe I've been so out of it that I haven't planted much of anything. Thank goodness for perennials is all I can say. :lol: Anyway, it is shaping up to be a busy weekend for me. :) Fortunate I like it that way, huh!

Andria

2cute2Bfat 04-17-2004 12:05 AM

Hi all.. I got up and out of the house at 7am and got home at 10pm.
I am really busy getting ready for the shower Saturday 2pm
Went garage sale..ing for a couple of hours Fri morning... then onto to lots and lots of errands. then cooked a quick dinner and out again for my grandson's birthday... 13 today.
Now we are decorating for the shower. My daughter is the Maid of honor so she is throwing the shower. won't be back until LATE tomorrow night.
I have not read anything so no replies today. Just wanted everyone to know I am thinking of you. Good night.

thinthinker 04-17-2004 12:24 AM

JoeAnne: I waited until after midnight just to wish you a happy birthday.
:balloons:Happy Birthday, to you!
Happy Birthday, to you! :hat:
Happy Birthday, dear JoeAnne! :gift:
Happy Birthday, to you! and many more!:balloons:
Hope you have a great day!

katrinabgood 04-17-2004 08:19 AM

Hey all...

Happy Saturday! I was feeling wistful last night for the days when, "It's FRIDAY!" meant something good...like, "no work, it's the weekend!" Hmmph...not when you work in a hospital! :( I work every other weekend, but still... Plus I'm working 5 nights in a row, which I NEVER do, so I'm cranky. I've only just finished night 3. <sigh> This morning there will be no sleeping because I have to drive my son to a not so nearby park to work on a fellow scout's Eagle project. From there, it's off to his first baseball game of the season. How can I say, "Sorry, son...Mommy would rather sleep." ...even though she would! To me, watching baseball is like watching grass grow. Give me a basketball or football game anyday! The park is about a 30 minute drive from here, maybe more, seeing as I'll probably get lost. He can only work for 2 hours because of the game. I really don't want to drive back and forth...so I think I'll load up the dog and we'll go walking while he does his thing.

Well, so far this has been quite the whiny post!!

I have absolutely nothing to report on the DIET FRONT, since anything even remotely representing healthy eating has not been demonstrated here!

Although...someone at work asked me this morning if I had lost some weight. After I picked myself up off the floor and stopped laughing, I told him, "No, I haven't, but thank you for making my morning!" So I'll be good today.

Well, I'd better fo make some coffee...it's gonna be a l*o*n*g day!

...and miles to go before I sleep...

:wave:

Oh yeah...HAPPY BIRTHDAY! to Connie and JoeAnne!

:hb: :gift: :cp: :hb: :gift: :cp:

BarbPA 04-17-2004 08:42 AM

Happy Birthday JoeAnne!!!
:hb: :cb: :hb: :cb: :hb: :cb:

Happy Belated Birthday Connie!!!
:joker: :gift: :joker: :gift: :joker: :gift:

Terri in MO 04-17-2004 09:43 AM

Good morning!

It's going to be a very warm day. Way too warm for April 17th. Its supposed to be 86 today. It was in the 40's on Sunday. Welcome to Missouri.

I have to get out today and fertilize the yard and spray for weeds before the rain comes in the next couple of days.

DH and I were up early for WW WI. We were both disqusted despite our good efforts. We both were up on the scale. I blame mine on TOM and the humidity causing water weight. I swear I could tell from Thursday to Friday, it felt like I had gained 10 pounds. Don't you hate that about a woman's body? He hasn't been drinking water. We were within our point range this week and even exercise. We got over it after breakfast! :lol:

We're going to a bat mitzah this morning. We've never been to a Jewish ceremony before. We need to get dressed here pretty quick and get moving. Can't be late.

Maybe we'll do some fishing today. We tried last night but it was too windy. Go read my journal entry about last night if you want to laugh your butt off. The link is at the bottom of my signature. We are too stupid for words sometime.

Work was a pain in the butt yesterday. My boss is the CFO and she has four of us direct reports - one VP, one AVP and two directors. Now, we are supposed to be highly compensated, professional, mature adults. We have had some unsatisfactory survey results that our people don't feel like we are doing well on teamwork for the department. She has decided that its because her direct reports don't get along. We had to have what felt like a group therapy session yesterday to discuss why we don't function well as a team. The guys (VP, AVP and a director) were all like - we get along, we don't have issues, :blah: :blah: :blah: . Which I could tell was frustrating the crap out of her because she said she didn't trust that we were telling the truth to each other or her. So, me being the ballsy one of the group, threw out several "dead cats" - things no one really wanted to admit. And one was directed at her. One of the guys got emotional. Good grief! I needed a Zima and a Smirnoff Ice after that last night! And we wonder why we don't get any work done.

I did go to Kohl's for their sale yesterday. I got three pairs of new summer shoes. I am so tired of wearing the aircast and/or walking shoes that I was apparently desparate for something stylish! I got a pair of Keds mules that I am going to wear to work instead of my walking shoes. I don't think I can wear the others yet for all day but can wear for short periods of time.

Well, this became a rambling post. I definitely have to get moving now.

:hb: :dancer: for the birthday chicks! Connie and Joe Anne!

Kat - I hope you get some sleep! Good move taking the dog so you can walk but I would have chosen sleep in the car!

Later!

BarbPA 04-17-2004 01:54 PM

Crystal - I just peeked in and saw you posted your bio -
WELCOME!
Please jump on in and chat whenever you are ready!
:wave: :wave: :wave: :wave:

mistiel 04-17-2004 02:43 PM

Hi All - thought that I would post and say hi to everyone :)

Barb, I need to clean out my closets and do the same... I too hope I can fit into my summer clothes too. ;)

Hi Andrea - Hang in there... stay focused and don't give up... you can do it girl...

2cute - Sounds like allot of fun planning, I love Weddings and everything that goes with it... Have fun, get some rest too... lol

HAPPY BIRTHDAY JOEANNE & CONNIE - CHEERS *

Katrina - LOL - Loved your post - sounds like you are working alot. I am with you on the baseball, like watching grass grow - Football or basketball - YAY! Baseball, is to slow for me... Thats great that your child is involed in Sports - Keep your chin up and hey, if you look like your losing weight, GREAT!

determined to succeed - Don't give up, just because it may show a + on the scale, you may have still lost inches, and thats whats most important... Have fun fishing, let us know what you caught....

Crystal - Welcome to the group - post as often as you can... you will love it here.

Off to run errands, just wanted to touchbase,

Mistie

Lyric 04-17-2004 04:19 PM

Hi all --
Thanks for the welcome.
Like I stated in my bio, i have been on the SBD for 6 weeks -- i am doing well with it and feel as tho this is going to be the one that will work for me --
I work for a large Home Health agency in West Tennessee. There are 5 of us on the SBD at the agency and we all support each other and trade recipes -- whenever one of us finds a new recipe, we prepare it and take it to work so the others on the diet can taste it and see if it is for them --
Now, the actual job is very stressful and i work a lot of overtime and am shifted into a lot of different positions throughout the agency -- my biggest problem with this is that my dinner is usually pretty late in the evening -
one thing i would like some suggestions or help with is this. I have severe osteoarthritis in my hips, knees and lower back -- i cannot at this point do any kind of strenuous exercise -- i don't have access to a swimming pool that i could do water exercises in -- walking any distance is also out because of the knee stress -- does anyone know of any exercises that i could do while sitting until i lose enough weight that i can start doing some walking or standing exercises -- is there a book out there that outlines that kind of exercise? any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.
I hope everyone has a good weekend and I wish all of you diet success --

katrinabgood 04-17-2004 08:06 PM

Welcome, Crystal!

You've come to a good place, lots of friendly people here! I know that SBD works, if you can stick to it! I did the first two weeks, but kind of fizzled after that. Hah...story of my life! Everything fizzles after the newness wears off! Speaking of which, you may want to look into Oxycise! for a no-impact work out. BarbG had good things to say about it, so I bought the book on Amazon for about $3.50. I read about 3/4 of the book and that fizzled too...(notice a pattern here??)...but I did enjoy the exercises when I was doing them. There's a website too, if you want to check that out.

So...did I say something about not liking baseball?? I guess I haven't been to a game in a while, but this one was very good! Lots going on...my son walked three times...(his specialty! :lol: ~hey, just as long as he doesn't strike out, he's happy!) The weather was perfect...warm and sunny with a nice breeze. The trees and shrubs all around us are starting to bloom, it's finally, really Spring!! :cp: You know it's Spring around here when my next door neighbor gets his yearly delivery of manure, or something really foul smelling, to dump on his flower beds. PU!

My daughter came home from school for the weekend, so we decided that some beautification was in order. We tried to go to the Nails place, but it was late and they were still crowded. Then we checked out the tanning place in town...too pricey there, so she took me to a different, less expensive <read:cheesey> place...of course it was closed for the day. What's left for a couple of hot chicks to do, but go have dinner? We got pizza at Bertucci's...anyone been to these? I'm pretty sure it's a chain. So Good! I did not overindulge, believe it or not....brought mine home to take to work later. To share.
So there.

I've decided to pack my bag tonight, I'm heading to the gym in the am...right after work...for an Aqua Run class. Having had the sun finally shine down on my body, I've realized that I blew another winter, by adding a few more layers of fat. Now that it's time to uncover my rolls, I'm panicking.
Crunch time!!!!!
Back to the gym...back to low carbing...back on track!!!!!

On that note, I'm off to bed. :lol: Must rest before work tonight. :yawn:

Nighty night, all!