Old 03-30-2004, 06:40 PM   #16  
Dancing those pounds away

Well I finally heard from the doctor. I had my test on March 15th. They should be embarrased it took that long to get back to me.

My heart is enlarged on the left side and probably due from my high blood pressure.
I have a small leak in two locations where the valve opens but does not shut completely so blood is seaping back in.
But she said it is fairly normal and a lot of people have it.
Her main concern is my blood pressure.

Hubby just came in here and said "FEED ME !!!" so I have to go.
He is not someone to mess with when he is hungry.
2cute2Bfat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2004, 08:10 PM   #17  

S/C/G: 278/267.2/180

Height: 5'7"

Well crapola.

I just lost my post.

2Cute - I'm glad that you got the results. Come back and tell us what happens now! Are you on BP meds? Any limitations on what you should be doing?

American Idol is on. Motown night. Should be interesting to see John the redhead do Motown. I didn't like the first gal.

Okay, I'm off to have dinner. DH is trying a new recipe. I'll let you know how it tastes.
Terri in MO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2004, 08:36 PM   #18  
Hang In There

Angry

I'm still around, and still 3/4 of the way sick. It's been three weeks and I'm tired of, this. I did go to water aerobics this morning, and it about wore me out, but I did it.

I finally have my appointment with my PCP tomorrow but feeling as bad as I do it's going to be hard to concentrate on the basic questions I had to ask. Maybe I should write then down.

Hope everyone has a great day tomorrow.
ageoldie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2004, 08:46 PM   #19  
BELIEVE!

YAY!! I finally managed to get my bio reposted after the site crash months ago and then the post goblins chomping it up the other times I tried!

I wanted to welcome EMILY!! I saw your bio out there, I hope you will join us by posting in our thread, just hop on in! We don't bite --- unless you have something really yummy in your hands!

2cute - Yes, your Doc should be ashamed they kept you waiting so long! What's next?

Terri - I've got AI on right now but not really paying attention - I'm recording it to watch with DH later. Hope dinner was yummy!

Barb.g - I'm sorry to hear you are still feely yucky!! Hopefully the Dr. can help you out! I would recommend writing down questions. I have been doing that lately with my appts. and it's a great help!

I'm going to run, hopefully DH will be home soon so we can spend some time together. Sometimes I get really sick of the long hours he puts in! Hopefully it will pay off one of these days!!!

Have a good night!
Barb
BarbPA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2004, 08:48 PM   #20  

Unhappy

Just wanted to say Hi and am reading.

I feel pissed, ticked and mad at myself so enough said until I get a better attitude!!!
LuckyLadyBug is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2004, 10:16 AM   #21  
BELIEVE!

Good Morning Gals!

Lucky - Oh my, what is wrong with the attitude today? I sure hope it's just a momentary lapse that you can snap out of.

I had an acupuncture session this morning. It was very nice and relaxing. He recommended a few dietary changes for me which won't be a problem - cut out most dairy, no greasy or fried foods, no spicy foods. I told him no problem because I don't do much of that to begin with. He also recommended slowing down on exercise - which my DR. did as well, but adding in yoga and stretching. My gym has yoga on Wed. and Fri. I have a dentist appt. at 4:30 today, but I am hoping to make the class. I have never taken a yoga class before --- have any of you???

Gotta start on some work! Talk to you later!
Barb
BarbPA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2004, 11:04 AM   #22  
Michigan Old-Timer

Hi everyone! Just checking in real quick before doing a report and then I'm out the door.

No time for alot of replies, so if I miss you, it's not because I have nothing to say, or that you're not important, it's that I just don't have time right now. I got a call early yesterday morning from my girlfriend on the other side of town whose mom I watch on Thursdays. Well, her "sitter" was sick yesterday so she asked me if I could come out. Well, I was able to because I only had one supermarket job to do and it was right on my corner, so I could go AND get the job done on the way home. That's all fine and good, but that was one very light day that was now taken from my at home, get something done, time. Needless to say, I'm waaaaayyyyyy behind!

Judy and Blue, where are you? Blue, you held down the fort while your mom was out of town, but now you're gone. Judy, you should be back home by now, but you haven't checked in. How was your flight home?

Melissa: Yes, I've been to Walmart for jobs and YES, the management there, in particular, are mostly butt-heads when it comes to being pleasant and helpful to vendors. I've found a couple of decent ones, but my biggest complaint about them is that when you have them paged so that you can check in or check out, you wait and wait and wait. One visit I waited 45 minutes just to get a signature. THE PITTS!!! And God forbid you go in at 9:30 in the morning, because that's when they all get together in the cafe and do their rah rah meeting complete with cheers. Boy, aren't you glad you got me started??? Are you doing Bonne Belle for MCA? I have a terrible district manager with them. No communication, I just get paperwork in the mail with no fore-warning. Very frustrating, so much so, I'm almost ready to tell them where to shove it. I phoned her last Friday and it's now Wednesday and still haven't gotten a return call.

2cute: Time to stop procrastinating on your health issues, my dear! I realize that your Spring is so full you probably don't even have a moment to devote to it, but I think you'd like to be healthy enough to at least make it to some of these events you have planned. Don't put things off so long that you can't reverse the effects of your procrastination. [[[hugs]]]

Barb: I'm glad that your treatments are going so well. My mom had acupunture years ago and found the treatments very successful. I'm glad that they are relaxing you. If you're not going to be doing dairy, make sure that you are getting your calcium from some other source. Don't want to sacrifice good bones.

Andria: Good to see you. Yes, I was afraid that the centrifical force had just thrown you right off the planet! I'm glad that you are alive and well and still with us, although I think your hubby should go after packing that kind of lunch. My gosh, there wasn't ONE nutritious thing in there, you poor soul. Me thinks he needs a lesson in the 5 basic food groups. YIKES!

Ingrid: I think that's the first time you've mentioned where you're from. You're way up there in the great northwest. What kind of weather do you have there compared to the rest of the country? You're really the first one we've had join us from way out there. I think Andria in Utah and Duckie in Alberta are about the farthest we've gotten west.

Lucky: I hope the morning has given you a fresh outlook and a better attitude. If you need to share, you know we're all here for you. [[[hugs]]]

Barbg: I'm so sorry you're still sick. I gave it to 2cute and she must have given it to you. 4 weeks, honey, that's all I've got to say. Sorry. [[[hugs]]]

Terri: I've never had a manicure OR a pedicure. I understand they are wonderful, but I must live a sheltered life and be the only one on the planet that has not EVER had one.

Katrina: Good to see you peeking in. I agree on the veggies. If I get 5 servings of fruits and/or veggies in, I lose, when I don't, I don't. Guess who hasn't lately??? Yup, ME!

Ok, girls, I think I've caught everyone on this thread at least. If I still missed you it's because I'm brain dead! Love you all bunches. See you soon.
thinthinker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2004, 12:36 PM   #23  
a work in progress...

Quickie here...Barb, Yoga is a GREAT workout! Relaxing and energizing at the same time! Don't worry if you can't do all the moves perfectly, you just do the best you can...it will come. I think you'll really enjoy it!

Back to my patient. My son had some teeth pulled this morning. Getting ready for braces. I need to get ol' rubber lips some more ice cream.

see you later!
katrinabgood is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2004, 01:26 PM   #24  

I am NOT in a better mood but had to say:

YOGA is wonderful, I love it - so why don't I DO IT ?

I have to go to the dentist at 4PM today too. OUCH!!!!
Old 03-31-2004, 03:00 PM   #25  
"workin' on my fitness"

Height: 5'10"

Red face Hey there...have room for another?

Got room for another body?

I've been posting in another challenge since , but it seems that everyone else has so much less to lose...and I'll be at this for at least the next 2 years, and then, on to maintaining

I'll be posting my bio this afternoon, and I'm looking forward to meeting everyone here.

Jennifer
**Jennifer** is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2004, 05:41 PM   #26  
Dancing those pounds away

Nothing brings me out faster than a newbie.

Jennifer ....WELCOME !!!! We love to have new people join us.
We have our own little challenge board too. They just finished up the last one and April 1st we are starting a new one. Be sure and check it out. I am sure you will love it here. Have you been lurking... or did you just find us??

To eveyone else.. HELLO.. I am being productive and don't want to stop long enough for replies. Once I get rolling I hate to stop because it is so hard for me to get started again. LOL Sad but true. LOL
Hope everyone has as beautiful weather as we are having. A little cool today but still a gorgeous day. Barb.. I have never done yoga... but my sister lost a ton of inches doing yoga years ago. Good luck and enjoy.
2cute2Bfat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2004, 06:36 PM   #27  
working off those pounds

S/C/G: 350+/ticker/150

Height: 5'5"

Cant stay for long, I'll post later tonight -

THIN! YES!! I do Bonne BElle for MCA...my manager is ok...but yes very poor communication...my manager is Anne Thorn (for the northeast). I get no forewarning about projects - I remember when I first signed up for it last year, they implied it would be a one time thing, and so now every couple of months or so I get a package in the mail to do the dumb bonne belle resets, or audits or some crap.

Walmart sucks! LOL
VermontChick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2004, 08:16 PM   #28  

S/C/G: 278/267.2/180

Height: 5'7"

Hi Jennifer!

Not much time - DH has dinner about ready. Work was grueling including spending a hour and a half dealing with the employee who lipped off to my boss. Perhaps she is under control again. And I've been up since 4 am doing work. I did do some pilates this am and have kept food within reason. I had to take MIL to Wal-mart at lunch and we ate at McD's. I was very good and got the Chicken Cobb salad - 13.5 points including dressing. It was very good - much better than a burger and large fries. I may end up over a few points for the day but I've done no stress eating or grazing and have points to spare. Yeah me!

Got to run.

Sorry, I'm too tired tonight. Have a great evening!
Terri in MO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2004, 08:24 PM   #29  
"workin' on my fitness"

Height: 5'10"

Wink

2cute & determined, thanks for the warm welcome!

I'll have to check out that challenge as well. I finally lurked about 2 weeks ago, more or less...and everyone seems so nice, and I know I need some long term support. Someone, fill me in...bring me up to speed LOL

The basics here- didn't have an accurate scale until 3/5...old one was nowhere near accurate. I figured I was somewhere around 350 when I started in January- I tracked measurements to be able to see changes & know that I was losing. When I stepped on the scale & after 2 months of hard work & 30" lost, to weigh in at 386 was a shocker. I sat & cried for a good hour, thinking that if after all that work, I was at 386, what must I have been in January. So no looking back, just looking forward, and making this happen.

As of this morning's weigh in...only 166 pounds to Onederland... (ok, maybe I need a closer destination...I'm pushing for under 350 soon, and I'm rewarding myself with a new MP3 Player for under 300, when the time comes.
**Jennifer** is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2004, 08:54 PM   #30  

Smile

Welcome, Jennifer

I still feel funky but my dentist put me on antibiotics...maybe THEY will help my attitude.