3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community

3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/)
-   300+ Club (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/300-club-124/)
-   -   300+ and Ready To Try Again ... #506 (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/300-club/38245-300-ready-try-again-506-a.html)

2cute2Bfat 03-21-2004 08:51 AM

300+ and Ready To Try Again ... #506

WELCOME !!!

We want to invite everyone to join us in our journey.
We share laughter and tears.
We share what works for us and what doesn't.
We recently started a Topic of the Day.

Monday........Motivation Monday
Tuesday.......Tuesday Tips
Wednesday.....Wednesday Weigh ins
Thursday......Thankful Thursday
Friday........Friday Facials, Fingernails and Fun
Saturday.......Sit-up Saturdays - any physical activity
Sunday.........Soup and Salad Sunday - recipes

We chat on Wednesday and Sunday at 8:30 EST, 7:30 CST.

These are not required topics ...just ideas to share. We have found them very helpful. We also share heartaches and fears...joys and celebrations.

WELCOME!

2cute2Bfat 03-21-2004 08:58 AM

RISE AND SHINE !!!!!! :sunny:
It is another beautiful day here.... time to get up and get moving.

Thin... no this is not a case of my kids taking advantage.... They are out of town and both grandparents are taking turns caring for the kids. The other grandparents had them far more than me.

I am not posting now... just wanted to start the new thread.
I will probably be back later.
My daughter is going back home this morning so I want to spend time with her now. Just peeking in here while she showers. LOL

LuckyLadyBug 03-21-2004 09:20 AM

I have risen but I don't know about shining, 2Cute. :coffee:

I had BIG plans for this weekend to get a lot done but I have had a sinus thing going on that makes me feel crappy plus the weather has been very windy and cold so no raking!!!! It was a :kickcan:day.

I need to make today much more productive. :crossed: Maybe even :tread:. I will :write: more later.

Grannie39074 03-21-2004 09:29 AM

Hello guys I'm back at least for this minute.
Sometimes I feel so alone but I know I'm not. :?:
Thin Thanks for thinking of me. I miss all of you too.
Things are going ok. I joined a wellness center they have all kinds of exercise equipment. I am going 3 times a week. I haven't seen any results yet but hopefully they are coming. My weight is still holding around 190. I do feel better. :workout: :tread:

The fish are doing good I am expecting more any day. :D

Library is great
Son is still under DR. care and not working right now. We did sell his camper though so now we can clean up the property.
A cousin of mine had a bad wreck Thurs. morning and broke both legs. They put metal rods in them. He is 16 years old. They thought he had a blood clot but thankfully he doesn't. Please say a prayer for Clint. :^:

My niece is pregnant again and the baby id due in 8 days. :?:
I need to finish my shopping list and go get food. I haven't eaten breakfast yet . :hun:
Hi to all of you I'll stop by again soon.

VermontChick 03-21-2004 12:17 PM

Good morning!

Not much to report this morning, I got my monthly visitor recently and I feel pretty icky. Especially since I've gone off T's and started using P's because the T's gave me cramps :(

Thin, thank you for your story. Seriously, it really did remind me that sometimes things like this are for the best. We've still been talking every night (we're best friends how could we just stop talking cold turkey). But he said right now he is absolutely positive he wants a future with me..but since right he is in England, the long distance thing has been hard on him.

Do I have low expectations of men, or is it really normal to excuse them for infidelity over long distances? He made out with a girl, which is why he's decided to take this specific course of action.

ANYWAYS....I have a recipe question for everyone...I cant seem to find my WW recipe books (I blame the move). There was the recipe for maccaroni and cheese that was TO DIE for. It included a lot of cottage cheese I think :) ...I was just wondering if this rang a bell for anyone....

Well I'm off for now.

LuckyLadyBug 03-21-2004 01:24 PM

Well, since I was here earlier I have:

Vacummed the house
Cleaned the bathroom
Change the linen on the bed
RE-organized the kitchen cupboards
Washed dishes
Washed the kitchen floor
Made Chai Tea mix
Showered
Started washing clothes
And decided to take a break by checking in here then I have to clean out
my office area - ohhhhhhh you may never hear from me again!!! :lol:

I suppose I should start looking at my taxes too. :yikes:

It was good to hear from you Mary, thanks for the post.

ageoldie 03-21-2004 02:26 PM

Today is the first day of the rest of my life!!! And so far so good as I sit here eating my Subway chicken and spinach low carb salad.

Had "monthly" birthdays at my mom's last night and grandson Nathan came and spend the night with us and we took him home after church. He kept me up to late watching video's and ole Alvin had to nudge me during the sermon!.

Anyone know anything about the "Turn Up the Heat" diet plan/book? I read a little bit about it in a magazine, and it sounded interesting. I may try to find out more about it. After months/years on Atkins/South Beach the fact that the first week on this one is almost all fruit, makes it seem very appealing.

Sometimes you just have to feel dumb. I wondered how you knew when to start a new thread, I knew you said 30 post, but who took time to count them? Then today, after about 3 or 4 years posting on 3FC, I see the posts are numbered!!!
And NO, I'm not blonde!!

Well my bed is calling me, nap time you know!

BarbPA 03-21-2004 03:38 PM

Hi Girlies!
How is everyone this sunny Sunday? Yep, sunny here - but still chilly and windy! Haven't done much today. Played a computer game with Hubby, went out to Panera for lunch and now I am getting ready to run to Target and the grocery store! How exciting! :rolleyes:

2cute -- Why the sad/mad face on the post icon??? :mad:

Lucky -- WOW! What a productive day! I wish some of that would rub off on me. I am itching to go through closets and clean things out and just can't get that extra nudge of motivation!

Mary - Great to see your update. Good job on joining the wellness center. Stick with it, you'll see results. Sorry to hear about everything else going on. My prayers to you and your family.

Melissa - Sorry about the problems with your boyfriend. I try to always believe that everything happens for a reason. Hang in there!

Barb.g - Never heard of Turn up the Heat. The salad sounds good. I wish I had a Subway close to my house.

Ok, I would love to dilly-dally and talk but I need to go run my errands before I spend the rest of the day sitting here!

I'll check in later!

Love you all!
Barb
:D

VermontChick 03-21-2004 03:39 PM

Barb - I think the numbering thing is new...they revamped the message boards a bit over the past 24 hours..I never counted...I always started a new thread when it reached 3 pages of posts :D

LuckyLadyBug 03-21-2004 04:05 PM

WHEW - I am done!!!! My garbage container is "over" full, which is a good thing. :yes:

Barb I think the post count has always been there - at least it seems that way.

I have to take a much derserved break - then iron - oh how I hate that. Ya know, maybe I will do that first or I might not get to it!!! :no: :chin:

VermontChick 03-21-2004 05:14 PM

LadyBug, you are so ambitious. Did you ever get to your taxes?;)

qsilver 03-21-2004 06:25 PM

Hey everyone :)

Ok, I just have to ask. Where is everyone seeing these numbers on the posts? :lol:

I'm alive today! I slept so well last night. This next week is going to be super, super busy, and I'm going to try and get here, but sleep is going to be a first priority. I swear, I'm NEVER, EVER going to trade out shifts again, even if someone begs me because they are desperate. You all know I won't keep that promise. I'm way too big a sucker for a sob story. Since they didn't get a person hired for the on call position yet (the one I had), one of the women I work with had to trade out shifts with everyone so she could get a surgery done. I was the last one she could ask, and she still had two shifts to go. She is taking two of mine the following week, but that still means I'll be working 6 days this week. I'm trying hard to not think about it.

My house smells so yummy right now! Today is our Irish feastie and birthday party for my mom and my littlest one. She is 8 now! :) My sis who lives in Connecticut is here for the weekend with her DH, so there is triple reason to celebrate. One of my SIL's is due to have her baby any time within this next week, and since the party is at her house (her idea, not mine or anyone else's!) we might have yet another reason to celebrate by the end of the evening. :lol:

BTW, thanks for the kind words about moving on and not beating myself up after that lunch fiasco with DH. Also, thanks to Kat for posting the beautiful story. I really needed to hear that lesson. It meant a lot to me. :)

The corned beef and all is about done. I'd better get myself ready to scatter out the door! *HUGS* to all. :)

Andria

Terri in MO 03-21-2004 07:46 PM

Hey!

I could have sworn that I was here and posted earlier because I asked about the Soprano's.

Maybe I did preview and forgot to submit. That sucks.

BTW, the numbers are in the upper right corner of the posts. I never would have noticed that if not for Barb.g.

No time to recreate my post. DH and I have two days on track! He's still motivated and so am I. :D

Have a great evening!

katrinabgood 03-21-2004 07:50 PM

Quick "Hi" before bed. I just got back from visiting Mom and Dad with my son...we had a nice visit, just played some cards and chatted the afternoon away. Dad is doing well...he'll be starting his 4th of 8 weeks of radiation therapy tomorrow. His only complaint is that he's lost some weight. I told him "Don't worry, I found it...I'll keep it safe for you!" :rofl:

Dh is scarcely back from visiting his parents in CA, and he'll be off again tomorrow. This time for 10 days. His dad is having surgery on Thursday...resection of the abdominal aortic aneurysm. Hoo boy, that's a biggie. Dh had to take "family leave" time off from work, so this will be time off without pay. ulp... nah, we'll be fine. BUT, this has put the final nail in the coffin of my plans to go to OK. :( Maybe next year...

Any hoo...tomorrow I'm going to pull myself together, and get my daffodil garden started! One step at a time, baby! Literally and figuratively! My daffodils were just about to bloom when we got hit with that last snowstorm Friday! If tomorrow's weather is nice, I'm going out there to clean out those flower beds...get them ready for Spring! It's finally here!!! :cp: :flow1: :dancer:

Whoa, look at the time! I need my winkies! Have a good night all!

LuckyLadyBug 03-21-2004 08:07 PM

Spring Spring
I still have to wait two more months for spring here!!!! :mad: :cool: