Old 03-10-2004, 02:59 PM   #16  
Making myself proud.

S/C/G: 375/ticker/200

Height: 5'11"

Thanks Barb.

I'm ok with and prepared to have a tummy tuck and my boobs done (lol) but I'm leary of the mid body lift. Hopefully it won't come to that.

Thanks!

Ingrid
Stinger766 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2004, 03:50 PM   #17  
a work in progress...

I'm lurking...sick as a dog. Stomach virus thing. Yuck.

Looking at the bright side, I weigh three lbs less than yesterday!
katrinabgood is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2004, 05:17 PM   #18  
BELIEVE!

Hi Girls!
I am here with you in spirit. Just not in the best frame of mind today. I am waiting (not so patiently) for the nurse to call and schedule my procedure. Nothing yet. DH has his surgery tomorrow. So, I just have an awful lot on my mind at the moment. I was suppose to have a crown done today and the office called to reschedule - my dentist was out sick today. I was somewhat relived to not have to go today, but at the same time a little bummed that I have to reschedule and juggle yet another day of work. Tonight I have to go to a monthly board meeting for our neighborhood's Homeowners association. Did I tell you I ended up on the board of directors? Ugh. When will I learn to say "no" to things? I really volunteered in hopes of meeting some new people in the neighborhood.

2cute - Yep, I watched American Idol last night and have the VCR set to record it tonight since I won't be home. I have a few favorites but can't really remember any names. ~~ I am so happy to hear that your sister is in remission ~~ Thanks for the invite to the rocker. I would love to crawl up in it with you!

Jen - WOW!!! Congratulations on your 100 pound loss!!

Barb.g - Good job on your loss this week!!!

Audrey - Enjoy your alone week with DH next week. Do you have anything special planned?

Meliss - Good for you - making healthy choices. Since SB didn't seem to be the thing for you, sounds like you are modifying it to find something that works for you. That's the key!

Duckie - Sorry to hear that your job is keeping you hanging out there! I hope you hear soon! The Survivor game sounds like good fun and motivation!

Ingrid - As for exercise, when I started out I got a treadmill and did about 10 minutes to begin with and have now worked up to about 45 minutes --- I no longer do the treadmill everyday because I joined the gym - I usually do about 30 minutes of cardio on the cross trainer/eliptical machines and then 30 minutes nautilus. On days I don't go to the gym I get on the treadmill or exercise bike at home or do Pilates at home. I get bored if I don't mix it up. Once it warms up I'll started walking the dogs.

Thin - I hope you have success with E-bay. I have been wanting to start selling things for a long time and just haven't taken the time to figure it out. Is the video tutorial something on their website? Thanks for updating the B-day list.

Kat - Bummer about the stomach bug. I hope you get to feeling better soon! Hopefully you are tucked in bed and letting others take care of you! You always have a positive side to things. I admire that so much about you!!!!

I'm going to hop off here for now! Have a great night everyone!

Barb
BarbPA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2004, 05:34 PM   #19  

barb the only thing i have planned is being alone with him. considering we are hardly ever alone then this is special. i am open for suggestions on something special from some of you that maybe do get a little alone time. i will be waiting for the suggestions.
chequitagirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2004, 10:38 PM   #20  
Dancing those pounds away

Hi ladies.
I have been reading off and on but no time to reply... and there were sooo many things I wanted to reply to .. but no time. Now to go back and reread sooo many posts is too time consuming too. So I am just going to post a brief hello and and accept that I will be missing some important people and events here.

Kat... my heart goes out to you. I know all too well about that stomach virus. I sure hope it is not what I had. Bless you. Hopefully you will feel better in 24 hours.

Barb... {{{ HUGS }}}

Thin... I want your ebay auction info... "going, going, GONE !!! Sold to the little fat lady in the corner who is 2cute2bfat."

Jen...CONGRATULATIONS !! Oh how jealous I am... but MORE happy ... for YOU.

I have sooo much to do tonight. I have been busy all day and don't see the end near. I hope I can post more tomorrow. Have a wonderful evening.
2cute2Bfat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2004, 07:48 AM   #21  

THANKFUL THURSDAY

I am VERY thankful my house is still standing and I have electricity. It is EXTREMELY windy here - 30 to 40 with 70 mile an hour gusts. It was scary last night. Plus our temps dropped from 48 to 3.

Minnesota weather keeps ya on your toes.

Time to warm up the car. Will be back later.
LuckyLadyBug is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2004, 12:02 PM   #22  

Just checking in - but nothing to read.

It is freezing here.

Back later - gotta work !
LuckyLadyBug is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2004, 12:07 PM   #23  
I've got my eye on you!

I am sorry it took me so long to post Barb. I just read your post today. I am sorry. It may not mean much coming from me. I know I am only 22 and not yet planning for a family, but my thoughts are definitely with you. Just be strong, because no matter what doctors may say, or whatever might happen, God (or whatever higher power you believe in), always has the final word. And I know, any woman who has the patience, commitment, and power of perseverance to go through even one round of fertility treatment, already has something beautiful going for her as a mom. Just remember God knows that too. He’s (she/it) just waiting for the right time.

I hope it is soon for you, my prayers will be with you. Good luck with the doc.
Sincerely,
Blue
BlueHairFawn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2004, 01:57 PM   #24  
Making myself proud.

S/C/G: 375/ticker/200

Height: 5'11"

Is anyone else single like me? I haven't been on a real date in several years. I had a friend that I used to "see" (lol) every few weeks but he hasn't been around in a while. I'm very shy in person and have a hard time meeting people. I'm sure my weight has something to do with it but I was shy and would never approach a man when I was thinner either. I was married a long time ago (I've been divorced since I was 22, 15 years ago) but I haven't been in any really serious relationships since. (Honestly that one wasn't real serious either, it's a long story). I've had a few significant but not serious relationships (if that makes sense). I wonder sometimes what kind of emotional and self esteem changes will happen after I loose all the weight. It will be interesting to see. It's a little scary to think I'll be a completely different person physically than I've been my entire adult life. Granted I've been a lot thinner as an adult than I am now but I've never been under 248 in the last 10 years and never under 220 since I was 19. Anyone else feel a little nervous about the change?

Hope everyone's having a good day. Talk to you all soon and thanks as always for listening and letting my bounce my thoughts/worries with you.

Ingrid
Stinger766 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2004, 02:13 PM   #25  
a work in progress...

Still sick... Whatever this virus is, it's kicking my A$$! Literally and figuratively!

I'll think of something to be thankful for....okay...after I call in sick again tonight, I'm off for three days!

Oh yeah...AND...Survivor is on tonight!

Back to bed for me...
katrinabgood is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2004, 04:13 PM   #26  
Dancing those pounds away

Hello everyone. I am working hard trying to get my house clean. I have really let it go lately and I have people coming to the house at 6:30 so not much time to sit at the computer. It amazes me what a mess I can make in my kitchen. I use it as a catch all. And my paperwork gets piled there too. Plus wedding stuff... the list goes on and on.

Blue... I have a daughter 22 and 24. My youngest has recently lost 70lbs but gained some back over the holidays and is struggling now getting it off again. She still has more to lose... but she is so much happier. My oldest also has a weight problem.. but like you... they are both beautiful.

Ingrid... There are several single ladies here. We have been hunting for Lucky a guy to get lucky with for a while. I promised her if she would come visit me I would get her a guy but she hasn't taken me up on it. LOL

Kat.... I was sure hoping you would be feeling better today. {{{ HUGS }}}
At least you got sick on work days so you can still enjoy your weekend. Did you plan it that way. LOL

Audrey... alone time... how romantic. I don't know how "frisky" you want to get... but ... when I was younger I once SHOCKED my husband by inviting him to play "strip poker". He loved it. (could eventually work into a workout) LOL

mary... if you are reading... I just want you to know I am thinking of you.

Okay... time to get back to work. I will try to get back later.

Last edited by 2cute2Bfat; 03-11-2004 at 04:16 PM.
2cute2Bfat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2004, 05:26 PM   #27  
You and Me in 2003

I'm here lurking
Grannie39074 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2004, 05:37 PM   #28  

2cute that sounds too cute. might just have to try that. thanks for the advice.
chequitagirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2004, 05:49 PM   #29  
working off those pounds

S/C/G: 350+/ticker/150

Height: 5'5"

Hello girls

Today has been pretty good...I had a whole wheat sub from D'angelo's, for breakfast I had granola...I also had an Atkins Shake (for the protein), and some rice cakes throughout the day to sustaun me.

I have nine points left, who knows what I'll end up using them for?

Ingrid - I've been single most of my life. I never really had any serious relationships until owen came along. I used to get scared to think about getting thin, and I'd wonder what kind of men would suddenly come a long and decide that they are interested in me. Being overweight you really do weed out a lot of the jerks, I gotta say.

Barb - So you are a nurse, huh? (duh)..you know I was in school to be a nurse but then I switched to sociology....:-D...now I have absolutely NO direction. I'm still desperately trying to get a full time job. Right now I work for three different companies (two im privately contracted, and the third im part time)...so i have NO HEALTH BENNIES.

Mary - ..I remember you joined 3FC right when I did...remember Thin Angels...Just the Beginning? That thread died down....I remember your weakness is Krystal.

Say...does anyone remember Rae? Whatever happened to her..her name was like RHBlackStripes or something..hmm...she was my rollerblading buddy I remember....
VermontChick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2004, 07:08 PM   #30  
BELIEVE!

Good Evening Ladies!!!

May I share some good news with you??? DH had his surgery today and all went well! Just a quick flashback for those that have forgotten or don't know....DH and I have been trying to start a family for many, many years with no success - we recently found out he was born without the vas deferens (the tube that get's spermies out of the body). The Urologist was fairly confident they were were, just had no way out, so surgery was the only option. We'll he had the biopsy today and sure enough, they found good sperm to use for my In-vitro procedure!!!
YAY! YIPPEE!! YAHOO!!! There is hope for us!!! He will be rather uncomfy for a few days, but right now he's drugged up on vicodan (sp?) and not feeling much pain.

The next steps are for me to have surgery to remove the polyps Then I will take injectible drugs, have eggs retrieved, fertilized, transferred back and then pray!!!!

Of course all of this will take a few months, but we are getting there! All depends on how soon I can get in for my surgery!

I know none of this has anything to do with weight-loss support, but I feel like we are all such good friends that I can share everything with you! After all, there is much more to each of us than our weight!!!

Speaking of weight, I have to get back to eating right and exercising - I let myself hit an emotional slump this week!

Lucky
- I hope you are finding a way to stay warm out there! Brrrr. Should we round up a hunky single guy and mail him to you for some body heat? Thanks for commenting about me doing well last year!!!

Blue - Your post meant so much to me! It's so nice to have you joining us!

Kat - Sorry your feeling so yucky! I hope you get this thing kicked soon!!! Yay - you have a few more days off! I promised Jeff I would go get him Chinese for dinner so he wants to wait and watch Survivor later tonight - than we can also fast forward through the commercials. So I won't come back here until I've seen it since we usually talk about who got the boot!

Ingrid - As you know, I am not single, but I know getting older it also gets more and more difficult to make new friends, much less find a significant other. Have you ever considered dating services or anything like that? I actually met my DH on the internet 10 years ago! Wasn't a dating service, just a chat room, but it happened! It will happen for you too, one day you will find that someone!

2cute --- Your new signature line cracks me up!!! I can relate!!!!

Mary --- Hi! Glad to see your peeking in!

Meliss - Were you asking about me being a nurse?? If so, nope, not me. I work in the marketing dept. of a large investment company.

Ok, I am off to take care of DH. I told him I would pamper him today and do whatever he needs. Tomorrow he's on his own because I am going into the office. He'll be sitting on an ice pack for a few days. He took a week off work so he'll be playing a lot of computer games. Poor guy has to have 3 teeth pulled on Monday and a biopsy on some tissue in his mouth. He's just getting taken care of all at one!

Have a SUPER-DUPER night!
Love to all!!!

Barb
BarbPA is offline   Reply With Quote