3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community

3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/)
-   300+ Club (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/300-club-124/)
-   -   300+ and Ready to Try Again #492 (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/300-club/36863-300-ready-try-again-492-a.html)

BarbPA 02-19-2004 09:15 PM

Hi Ladies -
Here I am again. Are you tired of me yet?? :p I am sooooo mad at myself. On the way home I had all intentions of making a salad for dinner. I got home, had a message from DH that he was stuck in the city and would be very late - yet again. this is the 3rd Thursday he hasn't been home til nearly 11pm. For some reason I decided to eat crappy! :?: We had some leftover frozen potato skins and mozz. sticks from our Super Bowl snacks. That was followed by some marshmallows I toasted in the broiler. WHAT THE H$LL was I thinking. Talk about EMOTIONAL eating. I have got to get the JUNK out of my house! If it's not there I won't eat it! :moo: :nono:

Barb.g ~~ Sorry to hear about all the hassle with the medical study. I sure hope something good comes out of it for you! :flow1:

Mary - How sweet that DH got down on one knee for you! :cheers:

Terri - GREAT job at the Italian buffet today! I am hoping I can take some inspiration from you! :D

I am now upstairs --- staying as far away from the kitchen as possible! :rollpin: I'm watching tv and plan on crawling into bed soon!

I hope you all have sweet dreams tonight!
:cloud9:

2cute2Bfat 02-20-2004 12:01 AM

Good evening ladies. I just woke up from falling asleep in my husbands easy chair.
I know I sound like a broken record.... but I don't think I have EVER been this SICK.
My throat hurts, my ears hurt, I can't breathe, and although that cough syrup has helped ... I am still coughing my throat raw.

You won't believe what happened to me. I don't know what harm it "could have" caused.
I was reading my antibiotic medication and they are the size of horse pills.
The directions said to take 2 pills .... every 2-4 hours. :eek:
I thought... wow.. I must be really sick to take that much antibiotic within 24 hours.
I decided to call the pharmacy and check up on those directions... usually you only take 1-2 per day.
Lo and behold.... I was right. The pharmacist was soooo glad I called. He said the directions were suppose to be 2 pills every 24 hours... not 2-4 hours. :yikes: He said the pharm tech filled that prescription... but it is his responsiblitly to make sure it was correct. He aplogized repeatedly.

Okay... I am going again. Thank you for all of your well wishes.

peekabooangel 02-20-2004 06:30 AM

Ok, 2Cute you dragged my butt out of lurking mode once again.
I hope that you get over this Pnemonia (spelling) and take care of yourself and do what the doctor says. I hope when you go back they find that the enlarged heart is not to enlarged and that it will not cause anything from it. I worry about you. I read your post and tears welled up in my eyes.

I wish I could come on the spring fling to meet you in person but money just ins't gonna be there. We did our taxes 2 days ago and we get the lovely pleasure of paying in over $4,000. this year. :mad:

Take care of yourself!!!!

I hope everyone is doing well and staying on plan. I am not doing so well food wise, but health wise I seem to be good for now, Knock on wood. Work has been crazy witht he boss away and the kids have been on vacation all week, so we have been busy little campers around here.

Hugs to all,

BarbPA 02-20-2004 08:49 AM

Good Morning Ladies!
Well, DH finally got home at 1:00am this morning! Ugh! He missed the last train out of NYC so his company had to hire a car company to bring him home. He just headed out to the Dr - his ear is so swollen up and painful - I am guessing he has a doozy of an ear infection. Then we have an appt. at 12:45 with his urologist to find out all the results from his blood work. After that the poor guy has to go into Philly for some work meeting. I guess I will baby him a bit this weekend. He deserves it! ;)

Friday weigh-in for me! Ugh! The scale was up one pound this week. I had some slip-ups - I deserve it, but it's coming back off next week!!!!

2Cute - My heart goes out to you. I can only imagine how horrible you feel! Good call checking on that prescription!!! Get LOTS of rest and water!!!!
:^:

Sandy - It was so nice to log on and see your little peek-a-boo bear!! I am happy to hear that you are doing well. I hope you will keep us updated! We miss you!

Time for work!!! Talk to you gals later!
:love:
Barb

katrinabgood 02-20-2004 11:20 AM

2sick to be feeling 2cute...

2cute...I'm so sorry to hear you're so sick. Pneumonia is nothing to trifle with. Dr Kat says: NO outings for you! Rest, rest and more rest is the best thing that you can do for yourself. Of course, take your meds, and drink plenty of fluids. The first day that you are feeling somewhat better, DO NOT get up and start bustling about. YOU NEED LOTS OF REST! Really.

Get it? Good. I know you're stubborn, so I have to get stern with you.

Hi to everyone else!

I have to sleep now. I've wasted most of the morning, fiddling around. Time for ME to rest!

See you all later!

qsilver 02-20-2004 12:15 PM

Hey everyone :)

Ok, I'm frustrated beyond belief, and I have to get it out of my system. The new job that was SUPPOSED to start this weekend called and said that they were having scheduling problems. They wanted to know if I could work an on call basis instead. I told him that wouldn't work for me because I already gave notice at my other job. GRRRRR!!! I have dredged up three more job leads. One I'm doing the pre-interview through my temp service on Monday morning. The other needs a resume faxed, and I'll be doing that this afternoon. The third I could probably get hired walking in the door, but it is an hour and fifteen minutes drive from here. That might not sound like much to many of you, but we are talking all highway driving and one nasty, tight gorge to drive through.

I was so upset about this latest turn of events that I was burying it all in food. I didn't make horrid choices or anything, I just made lots and lots and lots of them. You know, when you are eating so fast that you can't even remember if you ate an item, it has just disappeared off your plate? I did log the food Wednesday and it was just over 2,000 calories. I couldn't bear to log them yesterday. I think it was a little better? I made sure to keep fruit and vegetables close at hand. The end result of the eating binge is that I feel heavy all over. I feel sluggish and fat and like beating myself up by diving back into the refrigerator.

I'm NOT going to go there. I AM going to get off here and pack myself a healthy lunch and a healthy snack or two. I AM going to put my pedometer back on and measure my steps for the day. I AM going to leave the house in time to do my workout. I AM going to drink lots of water and flush this abused system out.

I will not give up. I will not lose my progress over someone else's stupidity and a situation beyond my control. I do control my eating. I do control my exercise.

And in truth, I am still so frustrated and would rather sit in a dark corner and cry myself into oblivion. I think I'd better copy and print off the previous two paragraphs and pack them to work with me. *HUGS*

I've missed all of you! Sorry to come back on such a bummer note.

Andria

ageoldie 02-20-2004 01:48 PM

Oh Andria, how terrible, after you had given notice and all... but good luck on the other two that sound promising. I relate to not wanting to drive over an hour each way. I only live about 5 minutes from my office.

2Cute... we all already knew you had a BIG HEART, we didn't need x-ray to tell US that!

BarbPA, hope thing go okay for DH at the doctors.

I'm sitting here feeling sorry for myself, because the research thing fell through. BUT I'M NOT GOING TO LET IT GET THE BEST OF ME!!!

BarbPA 02-20-2004 02:01 PM

Hi Ladies -
I hope everyone is having a good Friday! I am so ready for the weekend. Just have to find a way not to let food get the best of me this weekend! And, wouldn't you know I have a B-day party to go to tomorrow night. Actually I just got off the phone with the girl hosting it and not only am I going, but I am now buying the decorations, going early to decorate, making appetizers and bringing games. Not to mention I have to buy a gift. Guess what all I will be doing tomorrow? :lol: I don't mind - it's all for a dear friend of ours!

We just returned from DH's Dr. appt. This was with the urologist to review all the lab results. We were not scheduled to go back until March 12th, but they got the results early and squeezed us in. All the test results were fine. :D Nothing unexpected. The next step is for DH to have a biopsy. :o He's not too excited about that prospect! We have to wait for the Dr.'s scheduler to call us - we should hear from her next week and schedule the procedure in the next 2-3 weeks. Just more and more waiting. I have to find a way to deal with the wait in between all these appointments!

I know -- more exercise, more painting, cleaning, etc., etc.!!!!! :p

Andria - I am so sorry to hear of all the new job woes! Just when you thought it all worked out. There has to be a reason for it all - you just don't know what that reason is yet! You will come out on top of everything!! The comfort of food is not going to help - but you know that (and I should listen to myself now and then). I can relate on the commute part - I drive 1+ hours each way and I would never wish that upon anyone else!

Barb.g - Thanks for your well wishes on the Dr. appt. I am glad to hear you are not going to let the disappointment of the study get the best of you! :smug:

Kat - Good to see you popping in! ;)

Talk to ya later!
:p Barb

2cute2Bfat 02-20-2004 04:56 PM

Good afternnon ladies. I won't be here long.. but I just had to get out of bed for a little while.
I still cannot breathe... but my cough seems to be more productive. Before my chest was sooo solid I was spinning my wheels coughing.

Kat... I did not know that you knew.... LOL
Quote:

I know you're stubborn, so I have to get stern with you.
I have this stubborn streak in me and that even amazes me. LOL
Tell me I "can't" and I will. LOL Except for losing this darn weight. :^:

Barb.g ....What a sweet thing to say...
Quote:

2Cute... we all already knew you had a BIG HEART, we didn't need x-ray to tell US that!

Thanks. :love:

Andria... I told my husband to get down my cool mist vaporizer for me.
He did get it down from the top shelf... but then left it for me to set up.
I was sooo sick I just left it sitting. I knew it would help... but I really had no energy to set it up. :rolleyes:
I am sooo sorry to hear about your job problems. I cannot imagine how defeated you "feel" ... but remember... Everything will work out. {{{HUGS}}}

BarbPA ... one more step closer towards your new baby. :D
I am happy everything seems to be working out for the two of you.

Sandy... If I had know getting pnemonia would have brought you back posting i would have volunteered to get it. ;) Don't you know how much we miss you here??? I too wish you could come to the Spring Fling ... but I totally understand. Maybe next year it will be much closer to you.

Terri... I agree with you totally. NOTHING is as important as good health.
I have been too sick to eat off program the last couple of days. LOL Heck I have been too sick to eat anything. I have to take my antibiotics with food... and usually I just eat a banana.

Grannie... How romantic that your husband got down on one knee to give you your new ring. :love: Love is definitely in the air. don't ever take him for granted... he is one in a million. :yes:

Okay... I have been up long enough. I am going to go lay down AGAIN.
I have slept the last two days away. But ... I am being drugged to do it. LOL
My cough syrup has codeine in it. I feel more drugged than rested when I take it.

Have a wonderful weekend. And remember Terris wise words.
Our health is more important than anything. stay on program for your health.

Stepping Out 02-20-2004 06:00 PM

Hello Everyone

I'm still here-just lurking around :df:

2 Cute: I'm glad you decided to FINALLY see the Dr., and I'm even gladder that you double checked on that RX. :dizzy: Sometlhing tells me that Pharmacy Tech is in BIG trouble! :( I hope you'll be feeling much better soon :D

Barb: I don't think I told you before-I'm so glad to hear that you and DH are trying for a baby! :D I know what it is to want a child so much, and not be able to conceive :cry: My DH and I finally decided to adopt our son. We only had to wait just over 2 years, and we ended up with a newborn (8 days old). I know you'll love being a mom, and I know you'll make a good one :)

Barb g.: I'm sorry to hear about the snafu with the weight loss study. Maybe something else will come up in the future. :)

Andria: I can understand your frustration about your job situation :mad: I hope that things will change in that job, or that one of these new leads will pan out for you. Don't get discouraged :grouphug:

Mary: What a sweet thing for DH to do! :love:

Jen: Car probs! :mad: I hope you can get things fixed soon!

Thin, Sandy, Terri, Duckie, and anyone else I haven't mentioned: I hope you're doing well :)

As for me, I'm starting from scratch AGAIN (I had to change my stats back to 300 + :( )

Have a great weekend everyone!

Terri in MO 02-20-2004 07:11 PM

Good evening ladies!

Well, I have to come here and whine about my foot some more. I know you all have to be tired of it because this has been going on since Thanksgiving. I went to see the foot doc this morning. I almost didn't go because it wasn't hurting that much and I really was thinking he would say, keep wearing the shoe and wrap, try to stay off it and when it doesn't hurt then go back to regular shoes. He redid the x-rays and I broke it when I hurt it Saturday night. Almost broke the bone clear through. Saturday night I thought perhaps I had broken it but Sunday morning, it didn't hurt any worse than before and I could move my toes fine. Well, guess not. So, I'm wearing a removable brace and have been told that I can not walk on it without the brace at all for six weeks - not even a step. And I am to limit all walking to what is necessrary at work and at home - no shopping trips, no dog walking, no exercycle. :cry: :cry: He is not extremely optimistic that this will heal quickly and cleanly. He said its in an area that is suspectible to reinjury. This may be a long time healing this summer.

But in the bigger scheme of life, I will live and this is only something to get through. I am disappointed that it is not all the likely that I will be able to bike ride much this year. I am really disappointed about that because I had so wanted to do that charity bike ride in September. And I miss walking the dog so much.

I am dragging my butt out of bed in the morning and I'm going to WW for WI. I am going to weigh with the brace and take the gain. I told DH that I have to be ever more careful with my food because I do not want to gain this weight back. I worked too hard last year. So, I will go back to going every other week just to keep me from giving up. Quitting is NOT an option. I just have to learn how to adapt so that I can lose without all the cardio. I can still do my weight work and most of the pilates. So I won't give up on exercise totally.

Kat - Howdy!

Barb - Great news from the doc! You can control yourself this weekend - just have to get your head set that you will. Have fun with all the birthday party stuff.

Andria - I am so sorry about all the job woes. Great attitude though about not giving up. Learning how to change our reactions to life's struggles is hard to learn and accept. Keep your chin up!

Joanne - Good to see you checking in too! Sorry that you have to start over. It sure is frustrating. But you can do this. And we're here to help - just have to come out of lurkerdom.

2Cute - Sounds like your body is responding some to the meds. Funny how resting gets old, isn't it??? When we can't lay up all day, it sure sounds heavenly but then when we have to, its not quite so fun. Take care!

Okay ladies, we all have so much going on and some of it not good. But life is only as good as to how we react and how we handle things. Our health is a priority and let's all commit to making progress on improvements this year.

Have a good evening.

katrinabgood 02-20-2004 11:01 PM

Terri: OUCH! Poor kid. Sorry about the broken foot and cast and all that. My dh broke a bone in his foot once, coming out of a "Johnny on the Spot," at our daughter's field hockey game! He just stepped on it the wrong way, as he exited, (Probably in his haste to get out of there!) and SNAP! He had that cast for at least six weeks.

Well! There! That was encouraging! Anyway, feel better. Take it easy.

I'm off to work. Nighty night, all!

BarbPA 02-21-2004 09:35 AM

Good Morning Ladies!
Nothing much to say here. DH and I stayed up way to late playing computer games last night. Just woke up and got showered now I have to start all my errands for the party tonight. :hat:

Terri - Ouch! I am so sorry to hear that you broke your foot! I have to say though, you have a good attitude about it - still planning on weights and pilates! You amaze me with your positive vibes! Hang in there gimpy!
:flow1:

Chow for Now!
Barb :)

2cute2Bfat 02-21-2004 11:58 AM

Hi guys. :wave:
I am happy to come here today and not whine. lol
I am FINALLY feeling like I am going to live. lol
I am not well by any means... but I am not nearly as bad as I was.
I actually washed a sink full of dishes today. That is the first thing I have done productive in who knows how long. It actually felt good to be doing something.
I was getting pretty tired of being sick and laying in bed day and night.

I am not going to respond the everyone. Just a quick note to let you know I am recovering and .....

Pam sent me an email and said she will be AWOL for a while. They are having some problems with Janes family member and it is taking up all their time and effort. She hopes to return soon but doesn't know how long it will be. She asked for us to pray for them and send them good vibes.

okay... I am out of here. I think I will sit for awhile. I don't want to over do and go into relapse.
I am a little frustrated today because my husband and son took my grandbabies to the zoo today. I wish I could have gone too. Oh well... such is life. I will survive. LOL

Terri in MO 02-21-2004 01:49 PM

Hi ladies!

I went to WW this morning as planned. I told the gal that I would WI with the brace and start from there. She acted shocked that someone would take a gain. :lol: I was up 2.4 so I consider that good.

We've been out running errands. I stayed in the van other than having to go into Kohl's to buy baby clothes for one of my employees who is having her first baby. Not something I could trust DH too! I had such fun. Spent too much, but fun!

I've got a stack of paperwork here on the loveseat, my foot in the air, the laptop and a tape of taped shows playing....all settled in for a nap.

2Cute - I'm glad to see you're feeling more human! Thanks for letting us know about Pam. I'll add her to my prayers.

Take care!