Closed Thread

Old 01-27-2004, 07:59 PM   #1  
Michigan Old-Timer

Thumbs down 300+ And Ready To Try Again...#481

God Bless America!

We want to invite everyone to join us in our journey.
We share laughter and tears.
We share what works for us and what doesn't.
We recently started a Topic of the Day.

Monday........Motivation Monday
Tuesday.......Tuesday Tips
Wednesday.....Wednesday Weigh ins
Thursday......Thankful Thursday
Friday........Friday Facials, Fingernails and Fun
Saturday.......Sit-up Saturdays - any physical activity
Sunday.........Soup and Salad Sunday - recipes

We chat on Wednesday and Sunday at 8:30 EST, 7:30 CST.

These are not required topics ...just ideas to share. We have found them very helpful. We also share heartaches and fears...joys and celebrations.

WELCOME!
Old 01-27-2004, 08:43 PM   #2  

Thin: I so LOVE your signature!!!!! I don't know how many times I read the disclaimer and laugh!!!!
Old 01-27-2004, 09:24 PM   #3  
Hang In There

I've been reading everyones great post, but I have nothing to add. Yall (yeph I'm a true Texan) said it all. I've been reading every day, but really haven't had much to say, or much time to say it. But tonight I'm home so here goes

Lucky, I also post on the WLS forum and we've had a really interesting thread going about "invisibility" You might drop by there and read it.

Duckie; I think somewhere I have the prevention site that expalins the South Beach Diet bookmarked. If I can find it, I'll PM it to you.

Sandy your family will be in my thoughts and prayers. My dad died almost a year ago, and even thought we knew he would be in a better place, it was hard to let him go.

Jen, Enjoy your bike. I have one and when I decided to have my knee replacement surgery, I had to start riding it every day and I rode it every day for over a year. I'm not riding it now because I ride one at the health club. But it is good exercise.

Tomorrow is our 38th Wedding anniversary. Our marrage is the same age as the Super Bowl We are going out to eat at a fancy resturant. I have my screening appointment for the research study Monday and it's been hard to keep focused on what I have been doing because I figure I'll be doing something different for the study. (Then if I'm completely honest, I have to admit that I think "Oh if I want to eat this or that, I'd better do it before Monday" 2Cute get back on your soapbox and tell me to get my act together!
Old 01-27-2004, 10:22 PM   #4  
Changin' my ways :)

S/C/G: 338/298/180

Height: 5'6"

Hey everyone

Lots of good stuff to read again! I love when so many of us are up and moving serious weight. The enthusiasm is catching, and I am soooo ready to catch some of it for myself. a daycool. i love you. yyou.

Now, for any of you wondering about the mass of smilies up there, I walked away from the computer for a while to make dinner and answer some phone calls, and came back to all these. I'm guessing munchkin was having some fun!

Going to post this really fast cause it is making me laugh. No worries, I'll write a real post in a minute.

Andria
Old 01-27-2004, 11:25 PM   #5  

Ok, I'm still laughing here. You know, for a child that isn't supposed to understand emotions and all that, she is the most perfect emotional barometer ever. I really needed something silly like those emoticons with "i love you" tucked in the middle.

Warning: Whining imminent!

I didn't make it through the day at the newest job without breaking down and crying at my desk. So far I have kept the tears at bay until I get in the car.

I honestly have what it takes to do this work. I'm not totally familiar with his style, but I'm picking up Quickbooks really fast. That isn't the issue at all. So far I've completed every task I've been given and met every deadline. Not too bad with four days under my belt. Instead of a thank you or something along those lines, I'm given recriminations and more deadlines. Today was him venting because I have done "something" to his check register. He couldn't understand that what the bank says he has in his account today isn't going to be the same as the check register because we wrote out a whole lot in checks. I finally found a report I can pull up and show him that I'm pretty dead on the money with his balance.

I can't walk away from this job. I also can't work for a man who leaves me with the continual feeling that the axe is about to drop and I'm going to be beneath it. I've only been there 4 days, and I've dealt with serious software issues and solved several problems he created for himself in other areas. I am willing to bend over backwards for anyone if there is a thank you involved. There aren't any here, and I need to find a safe way to explain to this man that I am not a dime a dozen construction worker (there are zillions in this area, not saying that as a reflection on construction folk) that can be tossed aside and replaced within hours. Guess I'd better get back to serious job listing watching.

Whining at an end!

I have some fun stuff to look forward to tomorrow evening. I'm getting together with one of my sisters and at least two SIL's to make food for a baby shower on Thursday and a wedding reception on Friday. I kind of decided to kill two birds with one stone and we're making the same desserts for each party. That isn't cheating too bad, is it? Ok, ask this busy chick if she really cares!

On diet and exercise front, I've been thinking about my eating habits when I'm under duress. I gobble down my food so quickly sometimes that I can't remember if I've eaten a particular item or not. And the more stressed I get, the less water I consume. The combination of the two leaves me with an unhappy stomach, and quite often the best way to soothe it is to eat something else. Recipe for disaster written up right there! To combat this, I've been concentrating on really chewing my food. It feels kind of weird at first, and it takes a long time to chew each bite 100 times, but I'm getting used to it. So far, the biggest benefit is that I'm actually getting full, and it is happening before that painful point, usually around half what I've been eating normally. Also, I didn't get heartburn once at work today, even though I was pegged on the stress o meter. I know it sounds like such a tiny thing, but baby steps are about all I can handle right now. I'll take a baby step forward instead of a tumble backwards any day of the week!

It is still early here, but I'm nodding off at the computer. Going to head to bed and pray that the sandman hits me with a double power dose tonight.

Andria
Old 01-28-2004, 12:18 AM   #6  
Dancing those pounds away

Angry

Andria... I think you need to come hop up on my lap in my rocking chair with me and lets snuggle. You remember my rocking chair don't you. Several have found comfort in it. Come on ... curl up on my lap and cover up with this warm fuzzy blanket. Ahhhh... that's better. This gentle rocking is soothing to the soul.
Close your eyes... relax ... clear your mind. This is your time... time to totally relax and put the real world away for awhile.

I wish I had a perfect solution for you ... but sadly I don't.
I am sure you will figure out what to do. You are a wise woman ... believe in yourself. {{{ HUGS }}}

I wish you lived closer to me. I would have you do my daughters wedding reception. That would be so awesome.

Barb.g ... I would also like to have that site for the SouthBeach Plan too.
I also want to wish you a HAPPY ANNIVERSARY !!!! 38 years is quite an accomplishment. Congratulations!!!

And now for Just remember... you asked for it !!!
WHAT THE HECK ARE YOU THINKING !!!!
You have done sooooo well so far. Do you REALLY want to have to lose that weight AGAIN???? NO YOU DON"T !!! Remember that saying....
If you keep doing the same thing... you will keep getting the same result
You have played that mind game with yourself before... and what did it get you?? You got to GAIN back the weight you worked so hard to lose.
If we are going to be successful.. then we have to CHANGE what we have done in the past. THIS IS THE TIME FOR SUCCESS !!! And to be successful we have to CHANGE our old behavior. Barb.. you are stronger today than before.. you are wiser than before... YOU CAN CHANGE your negative habits for POSITIVE behavior. YOU CAN ... and you WILL !!!! Now repeat after me......

I Barb ... am making the decision to change my behavior TODAY.
I am not the same person I used to be. I am wiser, and stronger and more dedicated than I have ever been before. I have learned from my mistakes of the past and I do not need to repeat those mistakes to learn from them again. I CHOOSE to follow my new food plan today. I CHOOSE to not wait another day to improve my life. I CHOOSE to be the best I can be TODAY.

Okay... I am off my box... now l need to repeat that speech to myself.
Old 01-28-2004, 01:05 AM   #7  

Thank you, 2cute That does sound just like what I need.

Andria
Old 01-28-2004, 03:50 AM   #8  

<- Wish that was me.

OH MY GOSH I AM SUPER WIMP!!!

I came home after walking the kids to school, had my protein shake and a banana, put on my sweats and got on the new exercise bike. I wasn't on it even ONE MINUTE before there was an incredible burning in my thighs!! Oh my gosh! If I ever had muscles there before, they atrophied and died long ago and I must be starting from scratch!! I only managed to keep going for 10 agonizing minutes. Sad. Then I did some upper body strengthening with my weights. That was it for me. I feel like a pile of jello. So I guess I have A LOT of work to do on this body huh?

I think I'm going to go window shopping for skinny clothes to keep me motivated AND out of the kitchen.

Talk at ya later,
Jen
Old 01-28-2004, 09:04 AM   #9  
a work in progress...

Jen...I think that is an excellent start! 10+ minutes of something beats nothing any ol' day of the week! Good for you, getting started! Remember...you have to prove the dopey salesman WRONG!

Lucky...I'm so glad to see you BACK!

2cute: Check out southbeachdiet.com...lots of info there!

Barb: Happy Anniversary!

Andria...Sorry you're having such a hard time at work. I'm glad though that your little one can get a laugh out of you...not to mention a tug on the heartstrings...that was sweet!

Gotta run...I'm trying to decide if I should go out and shovel snow or go to sleep...seems like a no-brainer, really. see you later!
Old 01-28-2004, 10:36 AM   #10  

good morning ladies. i hope everyone is doing great. weigh in went wonderful last night. down 7 lbs. since last week. i am so proud of myself. just a quick toot of my own horn, because i have a lot of work to do this morning so i'll be back later.
Old 01-28-2004, 10:44 AM   #11  
Michigan Old-Timer

Mornin', ladies! Just had to peak in before heading out to work. Just a grocery store to do today, so no big deal.

I really want to get home and do something around this house. Pig sty does not truly describe it. I did manage to do the dishes yesterday. I'll tell ya, this semi-retirement thing I've been trying just is not working out. I had wanted to get so much done, and I'm doing nothing.

Lucky: Ok, what's so funny about the disclaimer??? It was suggested that some people look at moderator's like they know what they're talking about, even when they don't, so it might be appropriate if we put in a disclaimer. Gotta protect our A$$E$ given the wonderful climate we live in!

Barbg: Happy Anniversary, sweetie! Hope you and your honey have something wonderful planned to celebrate those 38 years! * Step away from the food. You don't need to pile in everything you think you're not going to eat after Monday. My Goodness! You could put on 10 pounds before Monday with that Stinkin' Thinkin'! DON'T DO IT TO YOURSELF!!!

Andria: Oh honey, I'm just amazed that a NEW boss is that obnoxious with a brand new employee. Have you known this guy for a long time, or something? I mean, geez, I would think that a boss with a new employee would tread a little lighter. I mean, what would stop you from walking right back out the door (well, I know why YOU wouldn't, but I guess that's why I wondered if he knows you). [[[hugs]]] to you. Just another good reason to get your catering/sauces business going. Look at Mrs. Fields. Those cookies are making her millions! * That is so sweet about your daughter. She's a very special little girl. You must be so proud that she is doing so much better than anyone ever expected.

2cute: I like the COMMITMENT statement that you devised for Barb. I wrote it out on a 3x5 card and I'm posting it on my computer screen. I think that is a wonderful affirmation that should be said over and over again every day until it finally sinks in. Thank you.

Jen: Good for you getting on that bike. 10 minutes, is 10 minutes more than you did yesterday. It's an improvement, it's a start. And Kat's right: "you have to prove the dopey salesman WRONG!" On those days when you can't bring yourself to do it for you, do it to spite HIM!!!

Audrey: WooHoo for you!! 7 pounds is OUTSTANDING!! I'll even do my happy dance for you! Have a wonderful time enjoying the high you must be flying on! Good for you!

Well girls, it's time to go to work. You all behave yourselves today. I'll talk to you later. Love you bunches!
Old 01-28-2004, 10:46 AM   #12  

Hey there my wonderful online friends, Thank you all for the condolences. We are all fairing well. There are still tears being shed here and there, but that is to be expected. Hubby is doing great, I think the hardest is yet to come though. The wake is friday night and the funeral Saturday and they are doing a graveside service too. I hope its warmer than it is now (8 degrees).

Okay, I just took a break and ran downstairs to the kitchen here at work and grabbed my yougart, I am trying a new one. Stonyfield Farm (Chocolate underground) Fat free of course, but there goes the first bite and awwww, it's not chocolaty at all. Humm, guess this gets crossed off the like list. Oh well, live and learn. Im pretty much a Bryers FF Vanilla girl anyway. Sometimes I stray and get strawberry.

Thin: I would gladly take you to see Toby with me, but I only got 2 tickets and hubby said he's not giving his up so easily.

Andria: I hope all works out with your new boss. Some men are so stupid, to think that what the bank says is what he thinks he has for money. I'm suprised he stayed in business this long. I wish you luck and I hope he learns really quick what an asset you are to him.

Barbg: Happy Anniversary to you and hubby. "Wow" 38 years. Thats great!!! Have a nice romantic supper with hubby at the fancy resturaunt.

Jen: I agree with Kat, 10 minutes is so much better than no minutes. I am the worst when it comes to exercise. I will put it off and put it off. I have been eyeing my moms stationary bike that she only uses as a coat rack. Then you did the arm weights, so you did a lot. Way to go.

Audrey: How did weigh in go? Hope it was good for you.

Susie: I try to eat the 31 points also, and usually I try to save my biggest lot for supper time, but somedays its just to hard to do and I end up having a soup or something for supper. If you like Potatoe Soup I suggest Thins recipe and it is so point friendly and very filling also. I also buy these english muffins made by "Country Kitchen" here that are "light" they are cinnamon raisin and they are only 1 pt, they are really really good with a little bit of spray butter and some more cinn. shaken on them. You are doing great.

Duckie: I feel for you with the cold weather. We havn't had this cold of weather for I don't know how many years. I swear when the temp hits 20F again it will be a heat wave here in Maine. Keep warm.

Kat: I hope the snow is not too too bad there. How many inches so far?

2cute: Have I told you lately how much you are inspiring me? Every post I read lately of yours has wisdom all through it and helps me each and every day. But one thing!!!!! I want my turn in the big comfy chair with the blanky and someone to rock me. Don't you just miss being a little one sometimes and having someone make all the hurts go away and making everything in your life okay.

Tina: I miss you so much, please come back and play. Before you know it race season will be on again. Feb. something is the first race I do believe? How is #20 doing on this break?

Paperdoll: Hello to you and thanks for your well wishes.

Joyce: Thank you also, I hope your day is going well.

I need to get back to work now, I have tons to do today, so catch you all later.
Old 01-28-2004, 10:46 AM   #13  
BELIEVE!

Good Morning Chickadees!
The exercise choice (well, not by choice) for the day was shoveling snow. I just spent the morning clearing the driveway and sidewalks. It's actually very nice and sunny out after a yucky storm the past few days and I didn't mind being out there working.

I ended up driving into work yesterday only to find out that the meeting I went in for was cancelled at the last minute. So, what did I do? I turned around and drove right back home. So I spent 2+ hours on the road when I could have just been warm at home. Oh Well! Food was good yesterday. I had a nice lite dinner of chicken and veggies! I am slowing feeling much better about myself.

2cute - THANK YOU for the pep talk! I needed it and I think alot of people probably benefited from your words! I will not gain this weight back! I am getting on the right track!

Barb.g - Happy Anniversary!

Jen - Good job getting the bike! Loved your story about the sales guy! 10 minutes is a great start! Have fun shopping! Skinny Clothes --- oh, the thought of that makes me want to stay out of the kitchen!

Andria - I loved that your daughter added emotions to your post! How sweet! I am sorry that this new job is off to such a rough start! Doesn't sound like the greatest guy to work with. Try to hang in there and hopefully things will look up, or you will find a better option! You're a tough gal - you can do it! Hugs!!!!!!!!

Kat - Hmmmmm.....sleep or snow shoveling! What a tough decision! Hope you had some good Zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzs.

Thin - Subway sounds yummy - have you tried the new wraps yet? They look good in the commercials. Hope you stayed warm running your errands and blowing snow!

Audrey - I hope you were happy with your weigh-in last night.

Susie - Day 12 here? Good job girl!! Congrats on your weight loss last week!

Tonight is "date night" with DH - not sure what we are doing. I am thinking about a movie. I want to see "Win a Date with Tad Hamilton" -- and it is my choice for the date! Mark my words....if we go to the movie I am taking a bottle of water with me .....NO Popcorn and NO soda!!!

Ok, gotta get some work done! I hope you all have a great day!!!
Big hugs and Hello to everyone I missed!

ya!
Barb

Last edited by BarbPA; 01-28-2004 at 10:50 AM.
Old 01-28-2004, 10:54 AM   #14  

Just wanted to to Thin and Barb. We were all three posting at the same time. What is that they say about great minds....

and to Audrey: GREAT JOB ON THE 7 LBS. DOWN

Last edited by peekabooangel; 01-28-2004 at 10:56 AM.
Old 01-28-2004, 10:54 AM   #15  
BELIEVE!

LOL Thin, Audrey & Sandy - Looks like great minds were thinking alike this morning and posting at the same time!

Audrey -- CONGRATS on the incredible loss this week!
Closed Thread