Closed Thread

Old 01-09-2004, 02:03 PM   #1  
Michigan Old-Timer

Default 300+ And Ready To Try Again...#471

God Bless America!

We want to invite everyone to join us in our journey.
We share laughter and tears.
We share what works for us and what doesn't.
We recently started a Topic of the Day.

Monday........Motivation Monday
Tuesday.......Tuesday Tips
Wednesday.....Wednesday Weigh ins
Thursday......Thankful Thursday
Friday........Friday Facials, Fingernails and Fun
Saturday.......Sit-up Saturdays - any physical activity
Sunday.........Soup and Salad Sunday - recipes

We chat on Wednesday and Sunday at 8:30 EST, 7:30 CST.

These are not required topics ...just ideas to share. We have found them very helpful. We also share heartaches and fears...joys and celebrations.

WELCOME!
Old 01-09-2004, 06:52 PM   #2  
Changin' my ways :)

S/C/G: 338/298/180

Height: 5'6"

Hey everyone

Know what I just realized? It is Friday and I haven't done all my exercise for the week. I'd better get out and do a walk before the sun gets too low and this nice warm day ends. Our temps are hopping back and forth from teens to 60's. Today is a 60's, and I'm going to go out and enjoy it and try to not feel guilty when I know some of you are freezing!

Be back later with a real post.

Andria
Old 01-09-2004, 09:35 PM   #3  
Hang In There

I made it to the health club everyday this week. I only did water areobics 3 days cause the pool I have classes on T/Th was being worked on and did not have any water in it.

I'm concerned because we haven't heard from 2cute. She should be back from the doc by now, if they didn't put her in the hospital.

BarbPA, I haven't been around this thread very long, but it you check out the other threads I post on you would see that the las couple of years were spent crying, Life is full of ups and down, and I was in a pretty big downer, but because of the friends I've met here at 3FC I've never felt alone. So whine and cry and we will whine with you, but when you are ready to laught we will laugh with you.

Thin, Your pictures were beautiful. Isn't it fun what you can do withcomputers!

Tina: did you get that car fixed?

To everyone else, Have a great weekend, and think of my thought for the day.

One saggy boob said to the other saggy boob: "If we don't get some
support soon, people will think we're nuts."
Old 01-09-2004, 11:20 PM   #4  
Michigan Old-Timer

Hello all! Well my little darlings, I got an e-mail from 2cute and she can't get on the site. I'm afraid that that has happened to alot of our other friends too. Suzanne says it has something to do with how our ISP's react to the coding on the site. She's working on it and an upgrade again too, so I hope all will be well in a couple of days.

BarbG: Cute joke!!! * Glad you liked the pics. That is really honey and I's favorite place to go for a get-away. It's about a 4.5 hour drive, but we can't beat the Canadian exchange rate. I think right now it's about 33 cents on a dollar. Sure makes our money go further.

Andria: I know I promised to be your best friend, but my gosh you make it hard! 60 degrees! YIKES!!! I think it got to 20 today, big heatwave.

I'm gonna run. I have a report that needs to be in by midnight. And yes the time thingy is off too. Workin' out those bugs. Keep your fingers crossed that it will all be back to normal soon.

Love ya bunches.
Old 01-10-2004, 08:42 AM   #5  

Hello everyone. I'm new here, sort of. I've been here before under another name, but saddly things started happening and I lost my account information, anyway, I'm back and ready to start again. Alot of your 'faces' are familar to me, and you all are so nice, I hope I can slip in and join ya'll again.

I hope everyone is having a great day!
Old 01-10-2004, 10:54 AM   #6  
Dancing those pounds away

testing
Old 01-10-2004, 11:04 AM   #7  
Dancing those pounds away

Okay ladies... I have FINALLY arrived !!!!!

Boy .. what a hassle !!!
If anyone else is having problems posting but can read this ....
My problem was my "cookies" and not the kind you eat.

The new site would not recognise my old password or the new one.
I had to go within my own computers and hit "Temporary Delete Cookies"
I hope you know how to do that. Suzanne sent me directions but my screen did not match her directions .. so I had to call my DD and she went and found the new directions for 9.0

Here are the instructions from Suzanne... so maybe it can help someone else lost in the real world and not able to get into our 3fc world.

Quote:
Hi,

The .com is back up now, and we will delete the .net soon, so don't go back there

The problem you are describing is not a password problem. It accepts your password but then logs you back out. The problem is related to cookies. I just tested the login with 2cute2Bfat and your new password and it worked.

Your computer set a cookie for the old machine the forum was on. It had a different IP address than the new server. When you log in, the forum accepts the login and says "Welcome back 2cute2Bfat" and then your computer logs you back out.

The only way to fix this is to clear the cookies on your computer, and then log back in so it sets a new cookie for the new location.

I don't use aol, but I checked the internet for instructions on clearing cookies with the aol browser and this is what I found:
On the Settings menu on the AOL toolbar, click Preferences.
In the Organization section of the Preferences window, click Internet Properties (WWW).
In the Temporary Internet Files section, click Delete Files.
Click OK.
Once you do that, don't go back to the forum, but exit from aol and then restart your computer. Then the next time you come to the forum, you should be cookie free and it will generate a new cookie when you log in. Log in using that password again, then you can change your password once you get into your account.

Suzanne

I sure hope this helps someone.
If not.. keep hanging in there... NEVER GIVE UP TTRYING TO GET BACK IN !!

Unfortunately I spent my entire morning getting this worked out so now I am out of time. GRRrrrrr But I will be back to post a nice long one later.
I am sooooo happy to be BACK !!!!!

Last edited by 2cute2Bfat; 01-10-2004 at 11:10 AM.
Old 01-10-2004, 03:00 PM   #8  
I'm on my way!

Good afternoon ladies!!

Just a quickie! I have to go pick up my boy at the sitters. I had to go to the University of Pennsylvania Museum of Archaeology and Anthropology for a project for my Western Civ class and I didn't think Andrew would make a good spectator there! I had John take me because he LOVES history and he grew up in Philly and knows his way around! Anyway, can you say BARF! I HATE history! Mental block!! It just won't penetrate my thick skull!!

Well I just wanted to show my face for a minute so you would know I am still alive. I have a couple assignments to finish for school so maybe I can get back here later to read and catch up!

TTFN Michelle
Old 01-10-2004, 04:16 PM   #9  
Changin' my ways :)

S/C/G: 338/298/180

Height: 5'6"

Hey everyone

2cute made it back! Wahoo!!! Hope to see everyone else filtering back in as the kinks get worked out.

I did get out for my walk last night, but was held up until well after dark. I looked like the Malt O Meal kid all bundled up!

I'm frustrated about not being able to be back on the diet plan I know works and quickly. Still, I also know that exercise, portion control, lower fat and fewer simple carbs works as well. It just doesn't work as fast. Well, I know from watching so many others here that slow and steady wins the race.

Ok, I'm such a dunderhead. I honestly thought I had hit post, and this thing was sitting there the entire time I went down to visit my brother and SIL.

Aradia, Welcome! Very cool name Slip on in, make yourself at home.

BarbG, cute joke! Your stories about water aerobics and such make me miss the pool so much. I fell in the locker room at our local pool this summer and had to limit my classes until my knee healed. After that, I was such a chicken to go at all. It is such an amazing workout, I do plan to get brave and head back this summer full-time.

Ok, going to post this for real this time. Have to get back to housecleaning and doing some baking for next week. I've been making cornbread with no gluten or dairy, and the munchkin is absolutely in love with it. So, I'll be making some of that for her lunches. Everyone else is asking for banana bread, so I'm going to goof around with one of those and see if I can make one the entire family can eat. It might even be edible! The other reason for deep house cleaning is that my brother and his family will be returning from China in 10 days, and I think they are going to be staying with us for a little while. I need to make room! Plus, getting rid of clutter is so good for my state of mind.

Andria
Old 01-10-2004, 05:19 PM   #10  

I just popped in to see if all was still working here.

Glad to see you made it back 2Cute.

Welcome Aradia.

I still haven't recooped from last night - have to shower.
Old 01-10-2004, 06:20 PM   #11  

Hi Gals,

finally got back on!!! Suzanne had to send me yet another password.........glad to be back with you.....

I must confess, I gained 3.3 lbs since last weigh in, have not exercised, and have nibbled and found myself having bigger portions than I was having, (pretty much since Christmas day!)

Well do have to go, havent even read last 2 threads, so could not do a just job in responding. Wanted to let you all know that I love you!! and I have missed you. Take care, and I will be back soon
Old 01-10-2004, 06:35 PM   #12  

Just popping in to say . Glad to see a few more people making it back. We will all be back soon.

Aradia: I think I remember you were here last year at some point? I think I remember your name Aradia, because it is very uncommon. Anyway, welcome ot the thread and just jump right in.

2cute: I am so you made it back to the thread, now.....WHAT DID THE DOCTOR SAY?

Pam: Nice to see you too, been a few days. You don't worry about that little gain over the holidays, you will take it right back off. We are all here for you.

Lucky: How lucky did you get????? Still recovering? Thats one LUCKY KIND OF NIGHT.

Michelle: Good luck on your assignment. I can totally relate on the subject of history....I hated it in school, We were required to take US History in our Junior year in High school and I passed it by the skin of my teeth, and I think then the teacher was being kind . But good luck just the same.

Barb G: Loved the little chuckle at the end of your post. I had to read it to hubby and he thought it was cute too.

Thin: I went to the Movie Gallery today to rent movies and found myself thinking of you as I browsed the wall of releases. Like we have said a million times here, our everyday lives make us all think of each other. Anyway I ended up renting 1) Santa Clause 2 2) Gods and Soldiers (i think thats the name) 2)Gigli and then Alexis picked The Pokemon 4 movie. We shall see how they are.

Well off to watch one of the above with hubby, catch you girls later on.

Hugs
Old 01-10-2004, 09:05 PM   #13  
Michigan Old-Timer

Hi girls! Just a quickie before I go watch The Apprentice again.

Sandy: Don't hold out much hope for Gigli. It was one of the worst movies we have ever seen and definitely NOT for kids. But thanks for thinking of me.

Pam: Gosh, sorry to hear you were having such a rough time of it too. Glad you're back.

Aradia: Welcome to our little group. Jump right in, we're glad to have you. I found my old file on you (yes, I'm with the FBI... NOT ...but I do have a file ) so I added your name to our birthday thread. Now you have to come back and post regular. My notes say you had really lost a significant amount of weight when you had visited us last. Now is the time for all of us to get back "with it". Welcome Back!

Andria: You are always being such a "susie homemaker". Good for you. What a mom!!!!

Lucky: How lucky did you get??? Come on, tell all.

Michelle: HISTORY?? YUCK!!! That was my least favorite subject....well ok, that and math and gym and.....

2cute: Glad you finally were able to get back in here. Tell us of all your escapades while you were gone. Bet you had alot more time on your hands!!!

You guys that have not been around here the last couple of days: All of the old 'stickied' threads are back up and running. The Challenge Thread, Bios (they were lost, so please take a minute to re-create yours, Recipes (also lost, so please start filling it up), Pictures (yup, you guessed it...LOST), and Birthdays (I tried to re-create it, but some of you might be missing so PM me your birthday if you don't see it there and I'll add it). Thanks, you guys for all your help getting these put back together.

Well girls, I guess they're NOT replaying [The Apprentice[/i], but I'm going to go anyway. Hope you all have a good one. Love you bunches.

Last edited by thinthinker; 01-10-2004 at 09:21 PM.
Old 01-10-2004, 09:20 PM   #14  
You and Me in 2003

Hello girls. just a quicky. Had a genealogy meeting today. Still OP I'll weigh Monday. I tried the new low carb wraps at Subway today I got the chicken it was good.
Old 01-10-2004, 09:23 PM   #15  
Michigan Old-Timer

Mary: Hi, sweetie. You were posting when I was. Glad to see you. Was that BIG event this weekend, or is it still coming up? Hope you'll get someone to take your picture in that new outfit you bought. If you can, repost your pics. They were all lost in the crash.
Closed Thread