3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community

3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/)
-   300+ Club (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/300-club-124/)
-   -   300+ ....Recipes (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/300-club/34754-300-recipes.html)

gggirls 02-06-2009 08:59 AM

Quick dinner idea

Frozen cooked shrimp (or leftover cooked chicken, pork, etc.)
chopped up garlic in a jar (optional)
chopped up ginger in a jar (optional)
onion - optional
pepper - optional
olive oil (can add sesame oil if you have it)
coleslaw mix
soy sauce (optional)
peanuts chopped up or a tsp peanut butter (optional)
Quick cooking brown rice in a bag (optional)

put the amount of shrimp you want to thaw in running cold water (in a bowl or colander)
Follow instructions for rice and put in microwave (mine calls for a quart of water and 10 minutes)
Put olive oil in a pan and heat
Cut up an onion and/or pepper if you have them and if you have time to cut them up. Add to pan.
Add garlic and/or ginger if you have it.
Add coleslaw mix (and onions and peppers) to the pan and stir until wilted.
Drain shrimp once it has thawed - minutes.
Add shrimp to pan and stir to heat through. Remove from heat as soon as food is warmed through.
Add soy sauce, peanuts, peanut butter (optional)

This is a recipe I found elsewhere on the site. I made it with shrimp - next time I will grill an extra pork chop for it - I think the pork would be a nice mix with the flavors. Very easy, very fast, very good.

frenchy2 02-19-2009 12:17 PM

I came up with a way to eat runny egg's on toast in the morning without the wait of frying when you are in a hurry.

I cook several 3 min eggs by putting egg's in water before it boils and after the 3 min I take them off the burner and rinse with cold water and refrigerate.
When I get up each morning while my bread is toasting I put my egg in a cup and run hot water over it. When the toast is done I use the spray butter and I carefully peel the shell, it is warm and runny and away I go out the door. Love this stuff

frenchy2 02-19-2009 03:34 PM

GREEK SALAD DRESSING
1 tbsp. oregano
1 tsp. parsley
5 tbsp. olive oil
2 to 3 tsp. cider vinegar
Garlic powder
Salt and pepper to taste

Ratkitten 03-01-2009 09:07 AM

TACO SOUP RECIPE

BROWN TOGETHER : 1 medium onion chopped fine
2 lbs lean ground meat
Drain off all fat

OPEN AND DUMP INTO CROCK-POT:
2 (14.5oz) diced tomatoes
1 small can rotel - drained
1 (15oz can) kidney beans - drained
1 (15oz can) pinto beans - drained
1 (15oz can)black beans - drained
1 can shoe-peg corn (white corn) - drained

STIR IN WELL: 2 pkg of Taco seasoning mix
1 pkg of Hidden Valley seasoning mix

ADD MEAT AND SIMMER.....THE LONGER THE BETTER!!
SERVE WITH FF SOUR CREAM OR SHREDDED CHEESE ON TOP. YUMMY

****NOTE**** THIS IS VERY FILLING AND THIS RECIPE MAKES POT FULL.

Fills a 4 qt crockpot:
285 calories per cup
621 mg sodium
26.4 g protein
13g fat

betty grrl 07-12-2009 11:53 AM

Well this isnt a recipe per say but my sister (a health freak), introduced me to a website called www.whfoods.org You can sign up for the free daily recipe plus they have tons of recipes for many different fruits and veggies. Its a good place to start to incorparte veggies into meals. Many dishes take under 30 min to make. I have just ordered the book from amazon.ca. This tells you how to select items (like fruit, veggies, fish, nuts etc), and how to store them and cook them. Its worth a check.

gggirls 01-08-2010 07:19 AM

Sweet Potato Napoleons

This is the recipe as written - unaltered - obviously changes can be easily made to make even more low cal, low fat. As written 65 calories per serving, 1 g fat, 13 g carb, 1 g protein, 1 g fiber

2 large sweet potatoes
1 T melted butter
2 T brown sugar
Cinnamon
Nutmeg
40 mini marshmallows

Preheat over to 450. Slice sweet potatoes into half-inch slices (do not peel). Spray a baking sheet with nonstick spray. Arrange sweet potato slices on baking sheet in single layer. Roast for 20 minutes or until just tender. Reduce heat to 375. Blend butter and brown sugar. Add cinnamon and nutmeg to taste, blend well. Brush onto sweet potato slices. Arrange 4 mini marshmallows upright on half of the potato slices. Stack a similar size potato slice on top of the marshmallows. Return to over and continue baking 2 to 3 minutes or until marshmallows begin to melt.

learningtoliveagain 01-08-2010 09:47 AM

As gggirls stated, this is the actual recipe. Instead of regular bacon I used low sodium (can't stand turkey bacon) and I used Healthy Request Campbell's cream of chicken soup and 2% milk. I start out by only using 4 cups water, you can add more if needed. Enjoy

Cream of Cabbage Soup

Ingredients:
1 medium head of cabbage, finely chopped
1 medium onion, diced
1/2 C. Carrots, diced
4 - 6 C. Water (start of with 4, you can add more later)
6 - 7 slices Bacon, cooked crisp, drain on a paper towel and crumbled
2 cans Cream of Chicken Soup
2 C. Whole milk
1/2 C. Instant potato flakes
SPTT (salt & pepper to taste)

Directions:
Add 4 cups of the water to a large stock pot and add already chopped and diced cabbage, onion, and carrot. Cook until tender
*DO NOT DRAIN THE WATER*
Next add the remaining ingredients. Stir well.
Simmer until thickened. If too thick then go ahead and add a bit more water.

colormerd47 01-09-2010 10:07 PM

Hello, this is very very good, hope you will try it.

WHITE CHICKEN CHILI

Makes 9 cups
1 pound chicken breasts, diced
14 ounces chicken broth (1½ cups)
2 tablespoons butter
1 tablespoon chili powder
2 teaspoons cumin
1 teaspoon kosher salt
Pepper to taste
1 large onion, chopped
1 red pepper, chopped
1 tablespoon minced garlic
8 ounces canned chopped mild green chilies
2 tablespoons flour
28 ounces canned white beans, rinsed
14 ounces canned corn, including liquid
1 tablespoon vinegar

2 cups fat-free half 'n' half
½ cup low-fat sour cream
½ teaspoon Tabasco
Garnish with chopped cilantro
Cook chicken in splash of the chicken broth in a Dutch oven over medium heat until cooked. Heat remaining broth in microwave. Transfer chicken to a dish to hold.
Melt butter with chili powder, cumin, salt and pepper. Add onion, red pepper, garlic and chilies; cook until onion is soft. Stir in flour; cook 1 minute. Stir in hot broth, chicken, beans, corn and vinegar. Cover and bring to a boil, reduce heat to simmer for 90 minutes. Stir in half 'n' half, sour cream and Tabasco; rewarm but do not boil. Serve and enjoy!
NUTRITION ESTIMATE Per Cup: 261 Cal; 7g Tot Fat; 3g Sat Fat; 32g Carb; 5g Fiber; 1013mg Sodium; 44mg Cholesterol; Weight Watchers 5 points

To make it even easier, I bought a low sodium rotissere chicken already cooked from farm fresh and used low sodium chicken broth. Both good nutritional choices. Hope you love it as much as I do. This is another Weight Watcher's recipe.

I like spicy so I add garlic paste and chili pepper blend paste to kick it up a notch.

Enjoy,
Ags/Aggie

colormerd47 01-09-2010 10:09 PM

Here is one more that I just adore,

Spicy Chicken Tortilla Soup

1 (14 ½ ounce) can diced tomatoes with mild green chiles
1 (14 ounce can reduced-sodium chicken broth
2 cups thawed frozen mixed veggies (broccoli, cauliflower, carrots, corn and red bell pepper)
1 cup water
2 teaspoons ground cumin
1 cup chopped chicken breast (I used Rotisserie chicken) saves time
3 tablespoons chopped fresh cilantro
1 tablespoon lime juice
12 baked tortilla chips, crumbled

1. Combine the tomatoes, broth, veggies, water and cumin in a large stock pot, (that is what I use) and bring to a boil. Reduce heat and simmer, covered, until the veggies are tender, about 10 to maybe 15 minutes.
2. Stir in the chicken and cook until heated through, 2 minutes or so. Stir in the lime juice and cilantro. Top each serving with 3 of the tortilla chips and serve. I always add extra cilantro for topping too. For more heat add red pepper flakes, I did.

learningtoliveagain 01-19-2010 05:26 PM

Here's a tasty and easy one I found on allrecipes.com
TEXAS HASH

Ingredients:
1 lb. extra lean ground beef, turkey, or chicken.
1- medium onion (diced)
1-28 oz. can diced tomatoes (pureed) I use no salt added by Del Monte
2- teaspoons chili powder
1- tablespoon worcestershire sauce
salt and pepper to taste

Directions:
Brown the ground beef with the diced onion until no longer pink. Drain off any excess grease.
Add the pureed tomatoes, chili powder, worcestershire sauce, and salt and pepper to taste.
Bring to a boil and then reduce to simmer for 30 minutes.

While simmering you can cook rice or noodles to serve it over. Enjoy!
http://i185.photobucket.com/albums/x...l/DSCN0765.jpg

koceank29 02-07-2010 09:49 AM

thanks Betty Grrl for that website...looks like a great one, I'm always looking for new information on eating!

learningtoliveagain 07-22-2010 09:32 AM

Great Snack or Salad Topping!

Roasted Garbonzo Beans a.k.a. Chickpeas

2- cans (I guess they're 15.5 oz.) Garbonzo Beans/Chickpeas (drained & rinsed with cold water)
2 Tbls Olive oil
Seasonings of your choice (I used pepper, onion powder, garlic powder, & parsley)

Preheat oven to 400 degrees F.

After draining and rinsing well dump them in a large bowl; add olive oil and toss to coat. Next add the seasonings of your choice and toss to coat again.

Spread the beans evenly on a foil lined baking pan.

Bake for 40 minutes at 400 degrees F. Stiring about every 10 minutes.

These are so tasty and so much better for you then croutons. A good source of dietary fiber, vitamin B6, folate, and a very good source of manganese.

ShiningStar05 08-09-2010 03:58 PM

This is a nifty little recipe and it tastes soooo good. My whole family adores it. If you are a big fan of Double Bacon Cheeseburgers but not a big fan of the calories and grease then this is a perfect alternative.

Double Bacon Cheese Turkey Burgers
2 1/2 lbs Lean Ground Turkey
8 Slices of Turkey Bacon
8 Slices of Pepper Jack Cheese
Palm Full of Chipole Chili Powder
Half a Palm Full of Sweet Smoke Paprika
2 Stalks of Scallions
Palm of Cilantro
2 Limes
Salt
Black Pepper
4 Wheat Sandwich Rounds

First, you cook your 8 pieces of turkey bacon thoroughly in a pan with a little bit of Extra Virgin Olive Oil.

Secondly, while cooking the turkey bacon put the ground turkey in a bow. Then chop up cilantro and scallions (white and green parts) then add them to the ground turkey. Add Chipole Chili Powder, Smoked Sweet Paprika, a little salt, and a little black pepper (not to much). Then add some lime zest. Then cut them in half and squeeze the juice into the mixture. Then you mix it all together with your hands and divide it into 4 portions.

Then, from the four portions you made you are going to patty out two burgers from each quadrant. After you've taken up the turkey bacon add the patties to the same pan (don't wash) and cook (thoroughly) four of them at a time.

After the first four are done take them up and put them on a plate covered in tin foil (to keep them warm).

Drop the heat a bit and put in the last four burgers. Once you flip the burgers you are going to lay a slice of pepper jack cheese on each of them and then two slices of turkey bacon. You then get the first patties you made and place them on top of the now cheese and bacon topped patties cooking in the pan. Then you lay another slice of pepper jack cheese over the top of those patties.

Lastly, you wait until the cheese is melted and put them on your sandwich rounds. You can use English muffins or any other low-cal bread but I prefer the sandwich rounds.

Enjoy xX

gggirls 10-09-2010 09:54 PM

This was fabulous - just go with it - don't worry about the ingredients!

The Whole Enchilada Chicken Soup

PER SERVING (1 cup): 105 calories, 1.75g fat, 641mg sodium, 12.5g carbs, 2g fiber, 4g sugars, 11g protein -- POINTS? value 2*

Ingredients:
3 cups fat-free chicken broth
1 1/4 cups finely chopped celery
1/2 cup diced sweet yellow onion
3 cups green enchilada sauce
One 15-oz. can pure pumpkin
10 oz. cooked boneless skinless lean chicken breast, chopped or shredded
1 cup frozen white (or yellow) corn
Optional: dash hot sauce, or more to taste
Optional toppings: shredded fat-free cheddar cheese, crushed baked tortilla chips

Directions:
In a large pot, bring broth to a low boil on the stove. Add celery and onion, and simmer for about 5 minutes, until slightly tender.

Stir in enchilada sauce and pumpkin. Once soup returns to a low boil, add chicken and corn, and mix well. Cook for an additional 3 - 5 minutes, until soup is heated throughout.

Add a dash or more hot sauce. (Or not. It's your soup.) Serve and, if you like, top with shredded cheese and/or crushed chips.

Enjoy!!!

MAKES 9 SERVINGS

AmandaMamma 10-20-2010 01:35 AM

Southwest turkey skillet

I didn't follow an exact recipe but after adding the total calories of all ingredients and dividing this is about 305 calories for 1/4 of the recipe which is about a cup and a half.

Put 1 pound of extra lean ground turkey in a pan and season with salt, cumin and garlic powder. When mostly cooked add:

1 can corn
1 can black beans
1 16 oz jar salsa

You could serve this over rice but I portioned out a serving of the baked scoop tortilla chips and ate it that way. So good.