Closed Thread

Old 11-16-2003, 06:25 PM   #16  
a work in progress...

I made soup too! Corn Chowder with Ham...my son loves it! Easy, yummy comfort food for a cold day. I also made a carrot cake...my bad! Dh was gone all weekend, i wanted some good smells to greet him when he got home! I will bring half the cake to work tonight so they can scoff it up instead of me. (after a piece for myself, of course!) I really didn't eat much all day...but I did pick here and there, so that's not good either. I'm going to walk the dog in a minute....need some fresh air and exercise before I go to bed.

I'll try to pop in chat before bed, but I dion't think I can stay up too long!

see you later...

BTW, did TONY win?
Old 11-16-2003, 08:44 PM   #17  
Progress..not perfection

Thumbs up Drat....

Tony didn't win. He was in third place and a caution came out and most of the leaders didn't pit, but he did because he wasn't happy with the last set of tires they put on. So he gave up third and ended up coming back out in thirteenth. There was only about 18 laps left, so he didn't have a lot of time to get back to the front....but he was on a tear. Then Ricky Rudd's motor blew up and it got oil all over the track, so they had another caution that lasted for several laps and of course during caution, you can't increase your position, so by the time the race went back to green, there were only seven laps left and that just wasn't enough time. He did end up with a seventh place finish though.... so I'll take that.

Aaaaah!! What am I going to do till February!!!???

I think I'm going to write the head of Nascar and demand a year 'round season!

I'm in the depths of despair..... can you tell?

Oh yeah.......

I have a serenade for SANDY

Please.... let's hum in unison to the Grease favorite....

"Saaannddyyy, can't you see? I'm in misery... We made a start....now we're apart, there's nothing left for me. Food has flown.... all alone, I sit..... I wonder.... why yi yi oh why..... you left 3FC..... Oh Saaannnddyyyy!"

Ok.... if that doesn't get her in here, nothing will.

I love you sweetie.... Come back! We miss you!

Old 11-16-2003, 10:05 PM   #18  
BELIEVE!

Hi Chicks!
Phew...what a day! I managed to get DH out of bed to help clean out the garage and got more than I bargained for....I'll be honest - he is not the most helpful person when it comes to working around the house, but when I do get him to work on a project he goes all out. So, instead of just cleaning the garage we did a major cleaning - including 2 trips to Home Depot and a couple new sets of shelves installed....it took the entire day. But, it looks great now. All ready for winter. I just kept thinking of all the calories I was burning! Now I have that accomplished feeling.

We then went out for Mexican --- too many chips, a glass of wine, 1/2 my dinner and 1/2 a dessert. It was my splurge meal for the weekend. I am happy to report that the rest of the weekend was pretty good food wise.

I can't believe the weekend is over - there are still a million things I want to get done. However, between the new car and the garage it was a busy one. Next weekend I should have time to tackle more projects.

Tina - I loved your song to Sandy! I sure hope it brings her out of hiding. We miss you Sandy!

Michelle - I'm sorry you won't get to join us in NYC. Hopefully next time.

Kat/Terri - I can take a train that will get me to Penn Station at 8:45. Then I will grab a cab to the hotel. So, the easiest thing would just be to meet in the hotel lobby about 9:00 (give or take a few). I'll take the 3:00 or 4:00 back. Terri - I know you are only free until 1:00. Kat - If you want to stay longer and shop/sightsee, I'm game. If not I'll wander on my own. This is going to be so much fun! I've never been in the city during Christmastime. Let me know if this sounds ok and I'll go ahead and book my ticket to make sure I get it.

Thin - DH and I have experienced those "communication" problems as well! At least you had a nice morning together and got on the same page.

Well Gals, I wish I had time for more replies, but I am wiped out. I'm off to bed!

Have a great night! See you tomorrow!

Barb
Old 11-16-2003, 11:08 PM   #19  
Changin' my ways :)

S/C/G: 338/298/180

Height: 5'6"

Hey everyone

Thought I'd better get a quicky post in so you all knew I'd found my way here again. Thanks for the PM, 2cute To be honest, I couldn't find the thread and had to go back to Suzanne's link for us. So, also a thanks to Thin for keeping that near the top of the page.

I had one of those reality check moments today. I've been so proud of myself for the inches and pounds gone, and while DH and I were in Wal-Mart this afternoon I thought I should check out some holiday clothes just for fun. My check from the magazine article should be coming soon, and it would be nice to do something for myself. Anyway, I pull out a couple of 26/28 items that were really cute, and I was thinking might even be a little loose by now. Well, they weren't. The skirt was really snug around my huge belly. The shirt covered it, and it all looked fine if I could hold still the entire time I'm at a party or something. In other words, it was a no go.

I know a lot of my other clothes are getting loose and need replacing, so I assumed that new items would fit. Guess I've just been pushing all this stretchy knit stuff I've been wearing to the limit. So, without the extra give, new clothes still aren't fitting. Can't I have it all now? I definitely want the proverbial cake and to be able to eat it too.

DH is pacing back and forth through the house because he has a new game and has to wait until I'm finished here to play it. I could be bad and just spend forever, but we do share a bed still.

Tina, I missed replying to you yesterday, and I really need to. I've only had one fibroid, but it was a doozy. It grew to the size of a freakin' basketball, and even after shrinking was the size of a grapefruit. There is always a dull ache and sometimes sharp pain. I have a pretty good clue what you are going through, I think. There are some much less invasive ways to get rid of them, and if you want a PM, I'll be happy to tell you about the method I chose. Because I was hoping to become pregnant again, a hysterectomy was not a choice. I'd write it out here on the thread, but I'm guessing not everyone needs the info.

The NYC trip sounds like so much fun! The shopping would have to be amazing, and the company couldn't be better!

DH has quit pacing and begun looming. Guess it is time to give the puter up?

Have a great night, everyone!

Andria
Old 11-16-2003, 11:10 PM   #20  
Changin' my ways :)

S/C/G: 338/298/180

Height: 5'6"

Quick P.S. here. I just figured out what you all meant by we're at the top of the list. I wasn't looking high enough! Feeling pretty foolish about now...

Andria
Old 11-17-2003, 12:08 AM   #21  
Dancing those pounds away

Andria... I can't tell you how many times I kept looking for us and not finding us.
It is so odd being at the top like that. but it will sure help as we add a recipe thread and bio thread too. We could also start an accountabilty thread and post our meal plans for each day.

BUT... then we are all so spread out again. Choices choices .... I don't make choices well. LOL
Closed Thread