Closed Thread

Old 11-09-2003, 05:25 PM   #1  
Dancing those pounds away

Angry 300+ and Ready to Try Again... #438

WELCOME !!!

We want to invite everyone to join us in our journey.
We share laughter and tears.
We share what works for us and what doesn't.
Long ago we started a Topic of the Day.

Monday........Motivation Monday
Tuesday.......Tuesday Tips
Wednesday.....Wednesday Weigh ins
Thursday......Thankful Thursday
Friday........Friday Facials, Fingernails and Fun
Saturday.......Sit-up Saturdays - any physical activity
Sunday.........Soup and Salad Sunday - recipes

We chat on Wednesday and Sunday at 8:30 EST, 7:30 CST.

These are not required topics ...just ideas to share.
We have found them very helpful.
We also share heartaches and fears...joys and celebrations.

WELCOME!
Old 11-09-2003, 05:29 PM   #2  

Angry HOWDY !!!

I hope I didn't keep anyone waiting on me to start this thread.
I posted the usual STOP on the last thread and then my mouse quit working and I could not get it to work properly. I have a cordless one... and they are great ... but mine needed a new battery so I had to go find some.
Sorry if it messed anyone up.

I only had a moment to post. I had snuck in here a moment... we are painting the bathroom. Hubby now needs me again. I will return as soon as possible. Today my food is GREAT !!!!
Old 11-09-2003, 06:02 PM   #3  
Progress..not perfection

Thumbs up Reports of MY vanishing have not been exxagerated....

I have vanished. Shame on me.

I'm going to be completely honest..... (because I always am) I'm not going to give an excuse, I really can't tell you why I haven't been here. There really isn't any one reason..... there are many. First of all, I have NOT been OP. I can't really tell you when I went off, I think it was somewhere around Halloween and I'm having a real hard time finding my way back. Of course, I will find my way back, I always do. Giving up is NOT an option. I just hate that I have sabotaged myself....... once again.

Sometimes I just totally want to kick my own a$$ and just get it over with. My birthday is fast approaching (this Wednesday) and I will be 34 years old. I remember looking at myself in the mirror last year and saying, "I will not be this big on my 34th birthday." Funny thing is, I remember saying that the year before too and I believe...... the year before that. By the time I finally figure this thing out, I wonder how old I'll be? Probably to old to enjoy all the things that I could be doing now.

Oh well, I'm not having a pity party.....I'm just spewing a few things out, as I like to do from time to time.

I've not even come close to reading all the posts from the last several threads, but I have skimmed over them. It looks like Sara made a post, but I don't think I've seen her again. I don't think I've seen my Sandy at all and that concerns me. I also noticed several of you have questioned where the heck I've been and I appreciate your concern.

You know how it is...... when you're traveling the wrong road, it's gets easy to lose your way. I know I need you guys....sometimes I don't think even I know how much. Bear with me if you can.... I'm working my way back, but it will take some time.

Old 11-09-2003, 07:14 PM   #4  
I'm on my way!

Tina there IS no time so get your hiney back in gear right now! PUT DOWN THE FORK AND STEP AWAY FROM THE PLATE...or whatever it is that you are having a problem with. No girlfriend...you said we could do this together so I went back and rejoined WW on wednesday night cause I really thought I could do it on my own but I really need someone to answer to each and every week. Thats how I did the 97 lbs last time...each and every week...no missing a week because I gained...no missing a week for no reason whatsoever!! So get your rear in gear and get back on here cause I really do miss you!

With that said I gotta get stuff ready for work tomorrow...talk at you all later!

TTFN Michelle
Old 11-09-2003, 08:52 PM   #5  
Changin' my ways :)

S/C/G: 338/298/180

Height: 5'6"

Hey everyone

I've been trying to log into chat for the last 15 minutes, and it just doesn't seem to be working. Do I get credit for trying?

Tina, good to see you back. We don't expect perfection. You should know that by now. We do miss you when you aren't here, OP or not. I'm really glad you haven't given up, but please let us know what we can do to help?

Michelle, that kind of determination will take you the distance.

2cute, thanks for starting the new thread. Have fun painting that bathroom?

I'm going to go back and see if I can figure out what's up with the chat thing. Am I just doing something wrong? It says it is logging in and to wait, but I think it's been plenty of time by now.

Andria
Old 11-09-2003, 08:58 PM   #6  
You and Me in 2003

Angry I'm back

hello all I finally got the internet up and running on my son's laptop. So I am checking in. Hope all of you are ok. Tina glad to see you back. I have been off the wagon also and can't seem to climb back on. I went to chat but no one was there. Well I better run I want to check everything out on this thing.
Old 11-09-2003, 09:08 PM   #7  

Hello Cuties!

Great weekend, packed full of fun and lots happening...Off tomorrow too, gotta get back in the bathroom and work on my remodeling project, I have set myself a goal to have it all done, including new plumbing by January 1!! ahhhhhhhhhhh! a real shower!!! cant wait!! good water pressure and maybe even one of those shower massagers

Too popped to hang around, so I will post in the morning when my mind is fresh!!! Toodles ,my lovelies!!
Old 11-09-2003, 09:26 PM   #8  
a work in progress...

I tried to get into chat before too...right around 8:00, typed in Hello, hit send, and my computer shut down!

Are you guys trying to tell me something?

I just tried again and noooooooooooooo body was there...

Not much happening here...oh yeah...just this...my daughter was involved in a car accident last night. She's fine thank God, so is her friend who was driving. They were cut off by some jackass driving a limo, the friend lost control of the car trying to avoid him hitting them, they spun out, hit a traffic light pole (knocked it down) and landed inches from some fountain in front of an office building. So I got the dreaded "Mom, I was in an accident," phone call last night. I picked the girls up and brought them back here. Thank you God, they're both fine.

Gray hair production has increased by 50%...

I don't think I ate in response to the stress however...so that's a good thing.

Hey...where are my Survivor girls?! They voted Savage out???? I liked him! I thought I had taped the episode, but there were some technical difficulties and it didn't record...I checked the website before and was so sad to see him gone. They need to dump Jon...that creep.

Okay...the boys are watching Trading Places with Eddie Murphy and Dan Akyroid...I must go join them...I've seen this a million times and laugh every time!

Oh yeah...I'm glad to see you back, Miss Tina...I hate when you're gone for too long!

Hi to everyone else...sorry I missed chat! Maybe next time.........
Old 11-10-2003, 12:35 AM   #9  

Here I am back again for a short post.
Tina... so good to see you ... we worry about you when you are MIA.
Although being back into the food is not good... I am glad you are not ill or worse.
The only way back into recovery is by taking ACTION !!!
You can't wish yourself, or hide your way back.... YOU MUST TAKE ACTION.
Is Dr Phil on tomorrow with his weight loss program??
I have not watched it...but I have seen the commercials and they are full of "ACTION STEPS". Maybe you will be able to watch it tomorrow and that can be your first step.

Sandy... come out , come out, wherever you are !!!
We are worried about you too. Please don't stay in hiding.

Who else is hiding ?? I totally understand how and why we hideout when we are struggling... BUT... has it EVER helped?? Just wipe the cookie crumbs off of your face and come join in again. Make your first step back simple... just don't eat while you are typing your post.
Kat... I am sooooo glad your daughter was not hurt. Her guardian angel must have been with her. Congrats on not eating over it. Well done !!

Pam... we are both redoing our bathrooms. Five-six YEARS ago I asked for a shower massager and got it. I AM STILL WAITING FOR MY HUSBAND TO PUT IT UP !!! Yes... you read that correct... 6 years. One good thing is.. I still have it... and asked again for it to be put up... but still waiting.
Mary... glad you got a computer up and running. Sorry no one was in chat.
I was watching that movie about Elizabeth ... the girl kidnapped out of her bed. I thought they did a good job telling the story. They left a lot out... but you can't put everything in.

Andria... too bad you and Mary did not meet up in chat.
My computer takes a longggg time to connect. I always think it isn't going to ... and then viola ... I'm in. LOL
My bathroom looks pretty good so far. We painted right over the wall paper. We took the paper down in the kitchen and masterbath ... and it was TERRIBLE... so we decided to just paint right over it. LOL I'll let you know how it holds up.
I still need to get some curtains and misc stuff. But so far .. so good.

Michelle... "accountabilty" ... yes that helps keep ourselves honest.
Tomorrow I am starting a Dr.Phil book study with a friend.
I am joining a gym for at least a month. I am getting my priorities in order ... and I am at the top of the list.

Okay... I have replied to everyone who posted on this new thread.
Can't wait to hear from the rest of you.
Have a great evening.... a good night's sleep.... and a GREAT NEW BEGINNING Monday morning.
Old 11-10-2003, 08:03 AM   #10  

Morning Chicklets,

2 cute, I have missed several episodes of Dr Phil's weight loss challenge, maybe I can catch up today, may tape it...have plans to get some major remodeling behind me. Wish I could do plumbing and electrical I can only scrap paint and refinish wood. Which is the plan for now

Tina: Sorry you hit a rough patch honey, we all do. I have missed you terribly. Just know how very much you are loved here, and come back to us!! We are here for you, whatever you need

Katrina, I'm sure I have you beat on the grey hair!!!! If I had children it would be totally white now I am certain

Terri, GREAT PICS!!! CANT WAIT TO SEE MORE.....I ADMIRE YOU FOR DOING A WEBSITE, HAVEN'T HAD THE COURAGE TO DO IT YET.
You are a beautiful woman!!! I am glad to put a face to a name!! hope you have a great week, stay strong and eat healthfully, THAT'S MY PLAN!

Andria, been sooooooooooo long since I have been in chat. Maybe next weekend.

Mary, nice to see you posting more. Love hearing from you.

Michelle, sounds like you are on the right track!!! YOU GO GIRL!!

ALL THE REST OF YOU CHICKIES, GET ON UP NOW!! RISE AND SHINE.........
Old 11-10-2003, 11:37 AM   #11  
Changin' my ways :)

S/C/G: 338/298/180

Height: 5'6"

Hey everyone

Pam, I'm rising, but do I have to shine?

Actually, I'm feeling quite a bit better this morning. I am trying to decide if I feel well enough to hit up Curves or not. I really wanted a WI for the week to see how the last 8 days added up.

Today is the start of Day 9! I'm feeling strong and assured of myself. Even made it through the struggle with DH all weekend long about "You've done so well this week. Why don't you let me bake you a cookie?" Once or twice I could have handled, but he kept at it even when I begged him to stop. MEN!!! I finally searched out an alternative dessert for us to make together, and since I hadn't eaten much at all for the day, it fit in just fine. Still, I didn't even want that dessert. I didn't have an appetite all day because of this stupid cold. All I wanted was for him to get off my back about "treating" myself.

I didn't want the treat, he did. He is frustrated and disappointed to lose his snack/treat buddy. I've been his best excuse for gaining weight ever since we started dating. None of his family believe I make good food choices and cook healthy meals for the family because they see the choices he makes and how much he has gained since we married. My honey has become the butt of many family jokes because of his protruding belly, and they all blame me for it. I don't force him to drink soda pop. I barely touch the stuff myself, and I never buy it for the house. I don't force him to snack on candy throughout the day. Again, I don't buy the stuff. I don't make him eat super-sized orders of french fries or extra scoops of ice cream. He is responsible for his own actions.

Yeah, I'm still pretty ticked at him.

And I'm angry at myself for caving in and making that dessert. Even though it was well within the bounds of my plan, I didn't want it. I did it to make him happy. Guess I'm seeing the edges of the next portion of my healing journey. I've worked so hard my whole life to make other people happy, and it was quite often to my own detriment. As an adult, I look back on some of the things I did to myself, and I actually cringe at the memories. I was a truly good daughter and student. I kept A grades, participated in many school activities, practiced 4 hours a day on my violin, worked a part-time job, and took care of 5 younger brothers and sisters because my mom was too sick to do it herself.

Reading back through that, I don't think there were enough hours in the day, but I did do it all. And I tortured myself through the whole time because I still wasn't good enough. I could be better. I could do more. Everyone wasn't happy, and it was my fault. My mother had cancer, and it was all my fault. The doctor told her it was probably because of all the stress in her life, and I took that to my own heart. My parents were disappointed in me because I wasn't the beautiful, thin daughter they thought I should be. It showed in everything, including nicknames. The sister nearest to me in age was called Angel cake while I was pound cake. Such a small thing, but it hurt. Still does.

Monday morning soul searching is coming to an end, have no fear. I do tend to work through a lot of stuff, getting it out of my head and releasing the pain while I'm in here. Releasing the pain doesn't do much for me unless I give myself an action, though. I think the direction to head on this one is to begin truly forgiving myself and accepting that my parents did the best they could with the information they had. Looking back, I can remember times when they tried to pull me back and let me know that I was doing enough. I chose to take their words of advice and twist them into a declaration that I wasn't good enough to try harder, to succeed.

My parents are good people who raised me well. They came from very difficult backgrounds, ones which didn't give them all the tools they needed, and they had to discover these things for themselves as time went on.

My husband also came from a difficult background that is hard for me to understand. He has been learning alongside me for quite some time now. I think a lot of my anger and frustration with him deals with the fact that he isn't willing to take this next step with me. He has to release his inner demons first, and I can't do that for him.

I am not responsible for anyone else's happiness but my own, but my actions do still impact others. You can lead a horse to water, right? I've got to do some more thinking on this. I've wandered all over the planet! Turns out I'm not so much mad at my husband as I am at myself and my inability to say no and believe it.

Better finish getting my food and myself ready for the day. Having a bit of trouble deciding if I should post this or not, but I think I will anyway.

Have a good one. Fresh week, fresh start! Each new breath you take in is a chance to start anew.

Andria
Old 11-10-2003, 12:43 PM   #12  
a work in progress...

Great piece of introspection there, Andria...what better place to get it all out than here?

We can all learn from each other...

Thanks for sharing!
Old 11-10-2003, 04:44 PM   #13  

Afternoon,
Kind of slow around here lately, so I'll help in keeping things moving.

No tops this week, Tommorow is a Stat holiday Remembrance Day, so the library where we hold Tops is closed. That means I have to wait another whole week to weigh in. I hate waiting, It gives me to much time to snack and then try to make up for it. But I will show a loss, if I can behave this weekend.

I'm plannig a weekend away, just me, leaving the boys at home and am going to Edmonton to go Christmas shopping and to spend sometime with one of my friends. Were planning on going out Saturday night, dancing and drinks, so I better behave and watch my calories, before hand, you know those drinks aren't low in calories. So I've got my fingers cross, that I can keep on track. She's also one of my eating buddies, we always go out for dinners and like to sit with a big bowl of chips and dip and watch movies. I guess I better warn her ahead of time so she doesn't try to tempt me.

Work still hectic, haven't hired anyone new yet so I'm still doine 2 positions. There's also a rumour going around that the company might be sold by the end of this month. Just what I need, another headache.

Well gotta go, just stopping by. Hugs
Old 11-10-2003, 05:28 PM   #14  
BELIEVE!

Hi Girls!
Just a quick pop in here! I am just wrapping up the work day and getting ready to tackle the commute home....I need to write this down so I hold myself more accountable....I know when get home I will want nothing more than to get into my jammies and curl up under a quilt with my dogs, but no....I can't do that. I haven't been to the gym since last Wednesday....I am having such a hard time getting up and motivated with this cool weather --- so, with that said.....I will exercise tonight!!!! I will either go to the gym or go to the treadmill in the basement! I WILL do something to get my body moving!!!!

Now that I have written it down I hope that motivation carries on through the evening.....I'll report back later!

Barb
Old 11-10-2003, 06:07 PM   #15  

Good luck Barb!!! What I do when I am unmotivated, is allow myself a reward... a cup of hot tea, a diet soda, a little yogurt, etc... then look forward to that while you are exercising!! It will be fun!!! Good Luck!
Closed Thread