Old 12-23-2018, 12:15 AM   #1  

Default New and hoping this will help

I’ve struggled with my weight and my own self worth for the majority of my life. I recently have hit my highest weight and lowest point. I also have recently found out I have Hashimotos and it means that I need to limit what foods I eat for my health. I started off strong and lost 20lbs and then I stopped. Things got stressful at work and I have in to the junk. I gained it all back and 20lbs more. I have tried several times sense then but can’t seem to stick to it. I’m tired, frustrated and have lost hope.
Eeyore8293 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2018, 12:27 PM   #2  

S/C/G: 193/159/140

Height: 5'9"

Oh dear (((Eeyore))). I'm sorry you're struggling so much. Stress is such a trigger for most of us to put our healthy eating plans aside and go to the junk. You are not alone. Most everyone on this site experiences or has experienced what you're going through. Do not despair. Even though you have tried and stopped healthy eating, this does not mean you won't stick with it in the future. It simply shows you that you care deeply about your health and want to change. Keep trying. Read a few books about healthy eating plans just to educate yourself on which plan might be best suited to your lifestyle, job, responsibilities etc. Some of us are in our 50s and 60s and still have days where we might feel as you. So don't worry about your age or anything. Just learn as much as you can, get the support you need on this site and try, try, try again. Peace and love.
Follena is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-25-2018, 11:52 AM   #3  

S/C/G: 377/350/180

Height: 6'0"

Hey it happens, I've fallen on and off "the wagon" so much its crazy, but i think one key point is to find the things you CAN stick to and hold onto those. Sustainable change might be drinking more water, even when your stressed... drinking more water is something you can usually work in. My eating habits are not always the best, but for me, I've built going to the gym three (plus) times a week into my routine, its non optional at this point and while I haven't lost a lot of "weight" I'm the strongest I've been in years. Forgive yourself for bad days, bad weeks, bad months... and just keep trying. At least that is where I am at.
silentarctic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2019, 01:47 PM   #4  
742,000 calories burned

S/C/G: 592/380/175

Height: 5'9"

It can take six weeks to six months to change a bad habit or keep a new one. Take baby steps. What helped me the most is figuring out why I turn to food when stressed.
CatherineM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2021, 06:51 AM   #5  

Height: DaytipDD

Default -

Its bloody mint.

Wont see you but we off to Solfest tomorrow so I can wake up on me birthday at the best festie in the universe

Have a good time in your new wagon.

love Andy xx
Daytip is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2023, 10:33 AM   #6  

Most everyone on this site experiences or has experienced what you're going through. Do not despair. Even though you have tried and stopped healthy eating, this does not mean you won't stick with it in the future.

Speed Test

Last edited by wilber.erickson; 07-17-2023 at 11:09 AM.
wilber.erickson is offline   Reply With Quote