Old 01-17-2018, 07:49 PM   #31  

S/C/G: 390/352/140

Height: 5'4"

Hello All!!! I hope you are doing splendidly today!!!

I finally took the plunge a couple of days ago and went to OMAD (one meal a day). I try to stay keto during that meal but have been having struggles with that part. Still stoked that I am doing OMAD and not even hungry. In the morning I get up, have 2 cups of coffee, eat lunch and nothing until the next day. This has been a major challenge for me. I have been trying/wanting to do this for several months but just couldn't give up breakfast. So glad that I had the opportunity and it seems to be doable for me.

I hope you all have a great evening. Stay the course. We can do this!!!
pjvw34 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2018, 07:29 AM   #32  

Good morning all! I hope everyone is doing well!!!

I wanted to jump on here this morning and say hi. Today might be a challenge for me as I am going to training today. I think I can still manage what I am doing I just don't want to go overboard because most likely I will eat out. I am having my coffee now. I just want to say that I am amazed that myself or rather my body. I have been conditioned to eat 3+ meals a day for many years. I never thought eating OMAD would really work for me. Since I have been eating only lunch this week, sometimes in the evening I "want" something to eat. However, when I check to see if I am really hungry I am not. I don't know if my body is just used to it now or what. It seems so strange to not be "hungry." Maybe all those times I was not really hungry just bored or something. Whatever the case is I am going to keep going at it like this. In the past 2 weeks, I have lost 4 pounds so I will take that.

I hope you all have a wonderful On Plan Thursday!!!
Old 01-18-2018, 07:34 PM   #33  

Hello, my friends!!! Hope you have had a great day!

I did very well today. Not even hungry tonight. So glad because I think tomorrow will be a challenge because it is the boss' birthday. I am sure there will something sweet there to eat. Anyway, I will take my salad and maybe I can make it without giving in too much!

I miss seeing you all. I hope you will show up soon. Until then take care and have a great evening!!!
Old 01-19-2018, 08:23 PM   #34  

S/C/G: 327/262.2/250

Height: 5'7"

Sorry Pam for not being supportive. Here is hoping that will change starting today. Way to go dropping 4 pounds!!!
I remember loving OMAD so much. I am just totally stress eating. Not even hungry just nervous gnawing...
The other night on the news they had people on that were only able to lose weight by eating within a smaller window. a.k.a. fasting.
I so need to focus.
Ubee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2018, 09:49 PM   #35  

Good evening all!!! I hope you have had a wonderful day!!!

Today was not quite as bad as I envisioned. There were not mounds of cake laying around at work. I am not going to lie I had a bite, but that was it. I stayed OMAD and I am good. Not even hungry tonight, not even phased right now. I hope I will be able to maintain this lifestyle. I know there will be times when I won't be able to have my meal at lunch as I am growing accustomed to, but for now, I am not going to sweat it. Just taking each day as it comes.

Ubee - I am here for you!!! You can do this!!! I so understand what you are going through. I have been at that point of just wanting something to chew on. I was even at the point of eating and nothing was satisfying my taste buds. Those are the days when I probably had 2000 calories too much or more. Sometimes it is all just a mind game. Just getting to that right frame of mind can be so tricky. I know you get what I am saying. I will be praying for you, my friend!!!

I pray you all have a wonderful night. We can do this!!!
Old 01-20-2018, 07:45 PM   #36  

Thanks Pam you are so kind. How was your day today?
Right now I'm going to focus on posting here and making healthier choices.
Old 01-21-2018, 01:23 PM   #37  

S/C/G: 298/298/150

Height: 5ft 7

Hi everyone!

Hope you don't mind me dropping in. I was a member here a few years ago, but my weight has gotten higher and higher. At a doctor's appointment on friday, I weighed in at 298lbs. I have to call time on it. Been reading the Beck Diet Solution, which is using cognitive behavioural therapy to achieve weight loss goals. I've never approached it from a mental aspect before, so I'm feeling really positive.

One step of the book is the absolute need for support. I don't have any opportunity for this in real life, especially with so much weight to lose, people just don't understand. So hoping you ladies will take me in and we can help each other!

Hope you all have had a good weekend, looking forward to getting to know you.
Bonnie+J is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2018, 02:49 PM   #38  

Good Afternoon All!!! I hope you are having a lovely day!!! I am doing well. I have been hanging in there. I am really adjusting well to the OMAD. It will be a week on Tuesday and I can honestly say I do not miss breakfast even though it is my favorite meal of the day. In the meantime, I am trying to do low carb/high fat when I eat my meal of the day. Maybe sometime on the weekend or a day off, I can have my breakfast. I am having salad and keto pizza for lunch today. It is so yummy!!! It is also a great substitute for the real thing. The great thing about my plan is that if I choose or have a social occasion I can go off the low carb/ keto plan.

UBEE - "Right now I'm going to focus on posting here and making healthier choices." I so understand. Just taking baby steps leads us back to where we need to be. It is a daily struggle for me and sometimes it is an hour by hour struggle as you know. I stand with you and am here for you!!! Post away!!!

BONNIE - Welcome!!! So glad to have you here! Losing weight is definitely a mental thing especially for me. It always has been and I am sure always will be. I agree that you need support in your life. It sure does help to be in a place where others understand the struggles of being large. I am not saying the people who are 20-50 pounds overweight don't have issues. I am saying the challenges for people who have significantly more weight to lose usually have such different challenges. For example, my mom who is about 50 pounds overweight does not understand not fitting comfortably into a booth at a restaurant. There are other examples I could give, but I know you understand what I mean. So you are definitely welcome here and I look forward to your input.

I pray you all have an awesome ON Plan day!!! God bless you all!!!
Old 01-22-2018, 05:56 AM   #39  

PJ Thanks so much for the lovely warm welcome! Feels great to have people who understand what it's like living in a big body.

Starting out well today, feeling positive. Have my food planned for the day, kiddies at school, chores done, so time for tea and see what the chicks are up to today!

Wave to everyone. Have a great week!
Old 01-22-2018, 07:17 AM   #40  

Good morning all!!!

You are welcome Bonnie. Sounds like you have a plan today. I hope it goes perfectly for you.

Back to the old grind of work after a nice productive weekend. I have my lunch ready to go. [check] I have had my coffee. [check] Today should be a good one. If I get a chance I will check back in later.

Have a wonderful On Plan day everyone!!!
Old 01-23-2018, 05:35 AM   #41  

Good morning everyone!

Yesterday ended up being busier than I'd planned, my mom and sister visited. I still stayed within calorie goals even if it wasn't what I had planned, but it means yesterday's dinner is in the fridge for tonight.
Was nice to have some company yesterday, distract me from thoughts of food!

Today is quiet, my son's are at school, my chores are done, so it's tea and reading until pick up time!

Have a great day everyone!
Old 01-23-2018, 07:21 AM   #42  

Good morning all!!! I am staying the course. It was back to work yesterday and it was a long day but I am up and refreshed and ready for another. I have been on target with my OMAD and it has not been hard to maintain. I am glad for that.

Bonnie - so nice you had company and was able to stay on your plan! That is awesome news!!! Sometimes that is the hardest when something unexpected happens. It sounds like you are so organized and staying right on track. I commend you!!!

I hope each of you has an awesome on plan day!!! God Bless!!
Old 01-24-2018, 07:23 AM   #43  

Good morning my friends!!! I am still plodding along. I haven't really had any food challenges this week so that is a good thing. I am just glad to stay the course. I know sometimes it is so very hard for me so I am very thankful that things are going smoothly for a time.

Well, time to get up and fix my lunch and head out to work. I hope you all have a wonderful ON Plan day!!! God bless you all!!!
Old 01-24-2018, 09:17 PM   #44  

Welcome Bonnie! I love the Beck Diet Solutions. Found my old note cards the other day. (Maybe I should use them.)
Pam it sounds like you are really getting into a good groove!
Old 01-25-2018, 07:19 AM   #45  

Good morning all!!! Hope everyone is doing well. It's just been a good week so far. I decided yesterday that I needed to start walking. I haven't walked for exercise for a while so as it warms up I am going to get back into that. Plan wise I am doing great. I am eating in about a 45-minute window every day this week and not getting hungry so I am pleased with that.

Ubee - great to see you here... look forward to more of your wisdom... I truly look up to you!!!

I hope everyone has a great ON Plan day!!! Take care and God Bless you all!!!